The Radnor Hotel Reviews

The Radnor Hotel 7
  • Shivon

Shivon Robinson · Married on 04/13/2019

Exceeded Expectations!

My husband and I knew fairly early into our wedding planning that we wanted an all-inclusive venue, and after looking at a few different places it was clear that the Radnor Hotel was the perfect venue for us. From our first visit to booking the venue to the tasting and ultimately our wedding day, every single staff member we interacted with was incredibly friendly, professional, and accommodating. Our original wedding coordinator moved to another position shortly after booking, but Michelle was able to pick up right where she left off and really made us feel taken care of every step of the way. Communication was excellent throughout the planning process, and I was always amazed by how quickly my emails were answered ( I sent a lot!). On the day of the wedding everything went like clockwork. The garden space was absolutely gorgeous and the perfect backdrop for our ceremony and cocktail hour, the ballroom was beautifully decorated, and the food and drinks were delicious and plentiful. I was so relieved that I could just be in the moment with my new husband and our family and friends without having to deal with any of the logistics. Being able to walk across the hall to the Glen Morgan for afterparty drinks was a huge plus. It’s been over a month since the wedding and we still continue to get compliments from guests about how much they enjoyed our wedding and the hotel. I would absolutely recommend the Radnor Hotel in a heartbeat!

Sent on 05/15/2019

Cory Drangel · Married on 03/30/2019

Excellent expierence

Me and my wife had nothing but the best experience with having our wedding at the Radnor Hotel. From the start, they were extremely reasonably priced for the wedding itself, and our guests were given a discount if they stayed in the room block, which was extremely reasonable as well.

Michelle and her staff were nothing but the most professional, and were very good at communicating with us what they needed and what was expected of us as well as when they needed things from us. They were also very quick to respond back to us when we had questions about pretty much anything. Overall the communication from Michelle was excellent.

They were also extremely helpful when it came to helping us look for vendors. The bakeries that were included with the wedding package, all were very good. We ended up going with Master's Baker in West Chester, and they were nothing but the best. We also had problems trying to find a DJ and ended up going with Signature DJs which was also a recommendation of theirs, and we were super pleased with their work as well.

For the day of the event, the entire staff at the Radnor Hotel was nothing but the most helpful and accommodating. Everybody was very friendly and let us know where we needed to be and when. They made sure everything was taken care of to make sure there were no issues. The only issue we had was when one bridesmaid's hotel reservation was listed as being a day later than it should've been. It was taken care of promptly and resolved with the absolute most minimal issue.

The hotel itself was extremely clean and everything looked absolute wonderful for our wedding. We had our wedding ceremony outside in the Garden area, and then had cocktail hour and the reception inside. The Garden area was very nice, even though we had our wedding at the end of March, before everything had had a chance to bloom yet. The inside was perfect for rest of our wedding and couldn't have been a better area. The only issue with the hotel itself, were some of our guests who stayed in rooms said that there were no temperature controls in the rooms and they either needed to open rooms that were too hot or get space heaters for ones that were too cold. But the Radnor had no problem giving those to the guests that needed them.

The food for the entirety of both our rehearsal dinner and our wedding was so good! We had nothing but the best compliments from our guests about how good the food at our wedding was. We had pasta bar, chilled seafood bar, cheeses and veggies, as well eight hors d'oeuvres for the cocktail hour alone! And it was all delicious. We had filet mignon, Tuscan chicken, and mushroom risotto for our wedding entrees and they all exceeded what we could've expected.

Overall, me and my wife had nothing but the highest compliments for everybody at the Radnor Hotel, and were so happy with our experience having our wedding there. We would absolutely recommend them for anybody looking to have their wedding in the area.

Sent on 05/02/2019
    The Radnor Hotel 8
    The Radnor Hotel 9
    The Radnor Hotel 10
    The Radnor Hotel 11

The Radnor Hotel's reply:

Camie & Cory: Thanks so much for this awesome review! I'm so glad that not only you guys, but your family and friends all enjoyed themselves! It was really fun working with you both. Wishing you a very happy life together!
  • Danielle

Danielle Kennedy · Married on 03/05/2019

So happy I chose the Radnor for my special day!!

I can't say enough about how great my experience with the Radnor Hotel was. Michelle made the planning process so fun and SO easy! I felt so relaxed the day of my wedding because I had so much faith in Michelle and her team to create my perfect vision - and they sure did! The garden is the the perfect setting for a ceremony, and the Hotel is absolutely beautiful. I got SO many compliments from my guests! I am so thankful I went with this venue, everything was truly perfect.

Sent on 05/08/2019
    The Radnor Hotel 12

The Radnor Hotel's reply:

Danielle, you are so wonderful. Thank you so much for this incredible review! It was truly so great working with you and helping your vision come to life! I just knew from the start when we met that we would have fun together. I'm wishing you and Nick (& Ava!) all the happiness in the world! Stay in touch! :)

Erin · Married on 04/07/2018

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the hotel in April 2018. Dawn and The Radnor Hotel staff were amazing to work with. Everything went smoothly on our wedding day. Dawn helped us plan the most perfect wedding. If there was something that we were unsure about, she helped us make the decision that we needed. She gave great recommendations for outside vendors that we needed like the photographer and florist. There wasn’t anything that I was worried about on my wedding day because I knew that it was all taken care of. The ballroom looked amazing and the food was delicious. I highly recommend booking The Radnor Hotel for your wedding. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/19/2018

The Radnor Hotel's reply:

Hey Erin: Your wedding was amazing! And you and Ryan were wonderful to work with. Thanks for the great review. Keep in touch!
  • O

Oliver · Married on 03/10/2018

I actually had to cut my review down because of the character limit on her, so I'll give the short version:

The Radnor Hotel was absolutely the best choice we could have made for our wedding venue, and it starts with our wedding planner, Dawn Gannon. Her combination of friendliness and professionalism is something you will rarely find in any industry, and she made sure that our wedding night was flawless...and it worked!

The location was outstanding, the facilities were first class, and the food was unbelievable, but the thing that stood out the most to me was the feedback we got from our guests, many of whom said it was the most enjoyable wedding they've ever been to (including their own, according to a few of them!)

If you're looking to book a wedding in the Philadelphia are, Dawn at The Radnor should be your first call.

Sent on 06/27/2018

The Radnor Hotel's reply:

Oh Oliver... what a nice review! I am so happy that it flawless - can't ask for anything better than that. We have an awesome team here and while I enjoy the planning, our Culinary and Banquet team make it happen. Loved working with Angela! All my best always.

Danielle · Married on 03/03/2018

My now husband and I were married on 3/3/18 at The Radnor Hotel, and it was everything we could have asked for and more! Dawn, our banquet manager, was extremely helpful from the moment we walked into the hotel to the moment we left the next day. She was very sweet, attentive, and prompt at returning all of our e-mails. Dawn jumped right into planning less than 6 months before our wedding and was incredibly accommodating with all of our needs from food allergies to our guest’s hotel room locations.

Everyone at the Radnor made sure that not only my husband and I were happy, but that everyone was enjoying our special day as much as us. All of our wedding events took place at the Radnor, including the rehearsal dinner and the ceremony. Having everything at one place was perfect because none of our guests had to travel once they got to the hotel. Because it was the beginning of March and there was a major snowstorm that weekend, our ceremony was held indoors in the front portion of the ballroom, and the Radnor was able to quickly flip the ceremony room into the beautiful Grand Ballroom. Although it was super cold outside, we were still able to get beautiful pictures outdoors in the outdoor gardens.

EVERYONE loved our wedding - I heard many guests say that everything was perfect from the ceremony to the reception. Most importantly, the food was AMAZING. The Radnor went above and beyond when it came to the food! We were given a choice of over 30 Hors d’Oeuvres to choose from, along with many main course dishes (including vegetarian options). Chef Larry made sure everyone’s entrees were perfect and even took the time to sit down with us during our food tasting to ask if we had any questions.

Overall, Thank you to The Radnor Hotel and their amazing staff. We couldn’t have asked for a better team to plan our amazing day.

Sent on 04/29/2018
    The Radnor Hotel 13
    The Radnor Hotel 14
    The Radnor Hotel 15
    The Radnor Hotel 16
    The Radnor Hotel 17
    The Radnor Hotel 18

The Radnor Hotel's reply:

Hey Danielle & Andrew: You are the best! I'm sorry that I only had six months to plan with you. I miss you already. The staff talked about how awesome you were to work with too. And of course, I'll pass your compliments to the Chef! Thanks for the pictures!

Jenna Marie · Married on 11/25/2017

My wife and I had the best time working with the team at the Radnor Hotel! They were so accommodating to our every need and were so helpful during the event! We both have specific dietary restrictions and they were so knowledgeable in making sure everything was satisfied! The reception went absolutely perfectly and they were even helpful with bringing stuff to our car the next day! We highly recommend the Radnor Hotel!

Sent on 02/25/2018

The Radnor Hotel's reply:

Jenna Marie & John ... it was sooo nice working with you to plan this wonderful day! I loved your outdoor pictures! Thanks for this review and for the picture card - I have it on my credenza so I think of you often!

Ryan · Married on 10/21/2017

We used the Radnor Hotel for our reception in October 2017. Dawn was awesome and made the whole planning process relaxed and enjoyable. The evening itself went flawlessly and we couldn't be happier with the food, environment, service etc. Highly recommended!

Sent on 03/05/2018

The Radnor Hotel's reply:

Ryan... you and Nora were so easy going, truly a pleasure to plan with! Thanks for the kind words. I'll be sure to share with the team!

christina · Married on 09/30/2017

Our wedding at The Radnor Hotel was everything we could have hoped for and more! Every team member there went above and beyond to make our day special. We received so many compliments from friends and family saying how wonderful everything was!

Sent on 12/09/2017

The Radnor Hotel's reply:

Hey Christina! I'm so happy that your wedding day was even better than you imagined... that's definitely our goal. All the best to you and Nick!!

Katie · Married on 09/09/2017

The Radnor Hotel was the perfect venue for us! During the initial shopping around for venues process, we had the best experience here. The wedding coordinator took time out of her busy day to meet with us and answer all of our questions. We felt very comfortable voicing our opinions and what we were ultimately envisioning for our wedding. There were a few things that attracted us to The Radnor Hotel. Firstly, the price was very reasonable; secondly, the location was perfect and thirdly, we absolutely fell in love with the gardens! Having the hotel attached to the venue was a huge bonus, as well. Not having to worry about transportation or that awkward time in between the ceremony and reception was a huge plus for our guests.. Additionally, the bar in the hotel was great for after the reception for our guests who were spending the night at the hotel or anyone who lived close by. We were nervous when we found out the wedding coordinator who we initially were working with found other employment and a new coordinator, Dawn Gannon, stepped in. We met her at the food tasting (which is included in the package). She was FANTASTIC and very professional. Unfortunately, she was on vacation during our wedding which she seemed genuinely upset about because she was not able to see it all play out. I will be sure to send her some of our pictures when we get them back. The Radnor Hotel's wonderful staff kept us on track with the planning and with communicating important information to us. Their planning processes are well thought-out to make sure every detail of our day ran smoothly. The cake was included in our package and we ended up using one their preferred vendors. Everything from the entire staff to the food was fabulous. All of our guests were pleasantly pleased! We could not be any more happy and pleased with how our wedding turned out at The Radnor Hotel!

Sent on 12/09/2017

The Radnor Hotel's reply:

Hey Katie... you know I was disappointed not to be able to see you and Charlie on that day! But I felt totally comfortable with our Banquet team and Wedding Coordinator. I knew you would be in good hands. So happy that you were happy with everything! Can't wait to see the pictures.

Alison · Married on 07/29/2017

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Radnor Hotel in July of 2017 and we couldn’t be happier with our choice. The planning process went smoothly and Dawn, the wedding sales manager we worked with, is very detail-oriented and thorough. She made helpful suggestions throughout the process and was very accommodating. On the day of the wedding, everything was executed smoothly and beautifully. We were lucky to have lovely weather and were able to use the gardens for the cocktail hour. Our guests all raved about the beautiful gardens and the delicious and abundant food and beverages. My husband and I were very well taken care of throughout the evening. As my dad has said several times since the event, Radnor Hotel undersold and over-delivered. Everything was just what we expected and more.

Sent on 09/29/2017

Mallory · Married on 07/01/2017

My husband and I had our reception at the Radnor in January, and it was a wonderful experience. Dawn, the coordinator, helped make it very special for us, and was attuned to every detail we could have thought of (and some that we didn't, but she did!). She also helped us keep everything organized, so decision making and deadlines (some of the hardest things!) were easy. The night went off without any issues, and was a beautiful setting for our winter wedding. It also gave us peace of mind that our guests could stay at the [reasonably priced] hotel instead of driving or needing to pay for a cab/Uber. The bridal suite made us feel like a king and queen, and the brunch the next morning was a great way to wrap up the weekend. We loved having our wedding at the Radnor and would recommend it to any couple!

Sent on 05/06/2018

The Radnor Hotel's reply:

Mallory & Matt: Thanks so much for such a nice review. I'm glad I was able to help keep you on track. And I think the day turned out beautifully!! Even with the cold temperatures, everything seemed so warm and cozy inside and you two were so easy going... truly a pleasure!

Teresa · Married on 06/24/2017

I can't say enough about the Radnor Hotel. My daughter got married in West Chester on June 24, 2017 and had her reception at The Radnor. My husband and I stayed at the hotel 2 nights prior to the wedding and the night of the wedding. I felt like royalty from the moment i arrived. The staff couldn't have been friendlier. The reception was the best. The servers and bar tenders took very good care of myself, and my husband and they also looked out for my mother who was in a wheel chair. We had so many compliments on the venue choice and the food. We were extremely happy with our choice

Sent on 07/05/2017

The Radnor Hotel's reply:

Hi Teresa! Thanks so much for posting this wonderful review. You and your daughter were awesome to work with and we'll all so pleased that you were happy with everything!

Kathleen · Married on 12/31/2016

We had our New Year’s Eve wedding at The Radnor Hotel and couldn’t be happier with our venue choice! Working with Abbey and Holly was such a wonderful experience. They took care of every single step of the planning process – even down the smallest details that we never would have thought about ourselves! Making our wedding day perfect was their top priority, and we are so thankful for that! It was also so nice and convenient to have the ceremony, reception and hotel rooms all in one place. Not to mention, the hotel is gorgeous with tons of options for great photos! The appetizers at cocktail hour and the dinner were delicious. Our guests are still raving about the food a month later! We can’t say enough great things about The Radnor Hotel and about Abbey and Holly! We definitely recommend using this venue for your special day!

Sent on 01/23/2017

Alayna · Married on 08/26/2016

I cannot say enough great things about the Radnor Hotel! We planned out wedding from 6 hours away and Abbey, the wedding planner, made sure everything went perfectly! She was quick to respond to any question I may have had. The food was amazing! Our guests could not give us enough compliments on our hor doerves and our dinner choices. I would definitely recommend to have your wedding reception at the Radnor Hotel!

Sent on 10/01/2016

Genevieve · Married on 04/29/2016

Although we did not have our wedding here, we did have guests stay at this hotel for our wedding. It is a beautiful hotel with a wonderful suite that we stayed in April 28th and 29th. Their restaurant has great hours and great food and their costumer service is amazing. They handed out bags for our guests staying at the hotel, helped all my guests find their rooms and were just extremely helpful all around.

It is also located in a very nice area. There is a small shopping center right by that has different restaurants inside. We enjoyed

Sent on 05/02/2016

As the mother of the bride living far away in Minneapolis, I cannot say enough about the staff at the Radnor Hotel, where the rehearsal dinner, welcome reception and then wedding reception were held. Service was top notch: very professional, friendly and flexible. The food was SUPERB, and we consider all of the Radnor's services we used a great value for the quality we enjoyed. We loved the location---walking distance to some additional shops and restaurants, beauty salons on the hotel property, proximity to the church at Villanova and to the freeway/airport---all very important to friends and family members coming from NYC, New Jersey, North Carolina and Minnesota.

Sent on 04/23/2016

If you're considering The Radnor Hotel for a wedding...contact Julie immediately! I was a little bit of the "anti bride", busy with work, life and trying to get as much value for my money, just like everyone else. I wanted personal touches and personalized attention and wasn't sure that a venue that size would be the right fit but one meeting with Kimberly and Julie changed my mind. My checklist was a hotel on site (no drinking and driving), a gorgeous ceremony location on site and a bar that served food and stayed open late for my guests to keep the party going. They gave us that and so much more. Julie was amazing. She was with me every single step and listened to every single one of our ideas. Down to every last detail, she nailed it and we got exactly what we wanted and within budget. The team that ran my night was just as fabulous. The night was flawless and if there were issues, nobody knows about them. The guests are still raving about the food and the accommodations. I'm sure that I am missing a ton of other details but if you are considering the Radnor, call them! It was a perfect fit for us.

Sent on 06/08/2015
  • cristina

cristina · Married on 03/15/2014

Radnor was amazing! our wedding was held inside the ballroom- ceremony and reception. it was more than i could have imagined. Lauren and her team are amazing and made everything run smoothly. Leah was my coordinator the day of and she was fantastic! she kept checking in and making sure my husband and i were doing good. there were a couple of mix ups with other vendors, she took care of everything without having to bother me- all small things nothing major. i highly recommend using the radnor for your wedding. you will not be upset!

Sent on 04/02/2014

lisa · Married on 08/10/2013

I highly recommend this hotel. First, it is so centrally located,close to the airport,Jersey,Center City,King of Prussia,Montgomery County I-95, 476, 76 etc. I cannot praise the staff enough foir their attentiveness,professionalism,attention to detail and most of all making us feel special and valued.Anything I asked for, they figured out a way to "get it done" Lauren,Holly and Samantha were with us every step of the way and my guests are still talking about the wait staff and how wonderful they were.
    The rooms in the hotel were clean and very nice and the ballroom was magnificent gorgeous with their brand new chandeliers.
    All I can say is I am looking forward to my next life event because you can be sure it will be at the Radnor Hotel.

Lisa

Sent on 08/13/2013

We wish to express our gratitude for helping us make the perfect wedding for our daughter Julie On January 19,2013 . It was perfect from start to finish. Thanks to Lauren, Jen, Jen, and Sam, our wedding cooridinators, and Michael our Executive Chef, all went as planned. The food was amazing and the service could not have been better. My guests cannot stop talking about the affair; it was a dream come true for the happy couple. Thanks again for a five star wedding; we could not have been more pleased, Ava and Michael Herskovitz,Brides parents

Sent on 02/04/2013

Rosina · Married on 07/09/2011

The Radnor Hotel is great. The staff are so nice and on top of it. I felt confident in them for my wedding.

Sent on 01/04/2012
  • F

Rebecca · Married on 09/04/2010

FABULOUS! From the food, to the service, to the venue and the staff. We could not be more happier with our wedding at The Radnor. A special thanks to Jackie, our wedding coordinator who was incredible. We would have been lost with out her! She was there every step of the way, answering emails, phone calls...so responsive. The Radnor did such a tremendous job with setting the perfect venue for our wedding. We really could not thank them enough :)

Sent on 09/16/2010

Maggie · Married on 07/31/2010

The Radnor Hotel did an excellant job with my daughter's wedding - we were extremely happy. The outside gardens were beautiful, the reception room was wonderful and arranged exactly as we requested, the food was great and the service was fantastic. They are wonderful to work with and we had not one complaint!

Sent on 08/10/2010

Eric · Married on 06/12/2010

My fiancee and I were really impressed by the Radnor the first time we saw it. It was on the high end budget-wise, although it was right on par for the area. The venue was great, food was great, etc, but I think what really makes this place shine is their wedding staff. They were great. Every little detail was handled without us having to say anything. Since the fiancee and I planned everything alone it was great to have their wedding "team" (5 people) there, especially day of, to act as wedding planners. We had a blast...

Sent on 06/19/2010