The Quintessa on Whidbey Island Reviews

9 | Clinton, WA

9 Reviews for The Quintessa on Whidbey Island

• Liz

Liz Duong · Married on 11/17/2018

Can't wait to go back for an anniversary

My wedding day came up quickly - we took forever to decide what we wanted to do and where we wanted to do it. When I talked to Carrie from The Quintessa, I knew immediately that this is what we wanted. Our wedding itself was lowkey, but I must've emailed Carrie a thousand times with one-off questions, thoughts, and ideas and she always, always responded quickly, passionately, and patiently. Carrie was amazing when we arrived, including a cute chalkboard sign she used to greet us and our guests; she showed us around, gave us some tips on where other weddings had happened before, and was quick to respond when I urgently messaged her at night with a request for Febreeze for my wedding dress. She and Tess were SO welcoming, that I know I've made a friend for life. In addition to them, the venue itself was spacious, clean, and beautiful. I billed our wedding as more of a wedding sleepover, where 30 of my closest friends and family came and stayed multiple nights. The Quintessa was PERFECT for our small, off-season wedding, with enough beds for everyone to crash in.

My friends and family ask when we're going back all the time; we can't wait to return in the future for an anniversary party!

Photography credit to Lynnsey Phillips of Lionlady Photography
    www.lionladyphoto.com

Sent on 02/20/2019

Stephen · Married on 09/16/2017

I have nothing but praise for the Quintessa. From the second my wife told me about this place, we both felt it was going to be the perfect place. I got chills when we went to visit and our stay did not disappoint. Carrie and Tessa were incredibly helpful and responsive while we were there (sometimes even shockingly so). We stayed for three nights and had our wedding party and families stay as well. We really felt we got more than we paid for and our wedding was everything we wanted it to be. My only complaint is not for the Quintessa but Double r table rentals. Don't use them.

Sent on 02/04/2018

AJ · Married on 08/19/2017

I had 30 guests from my wedding stay here over the weekend and they loved it! There are plenty of beds and rooms for privacy, along with large gathering areas like main kitchen, the large yard and the air hockey area downstairs. There are two deck areas that are great for taking in the scenery as well. The location was great for us as everyone was a quick drive to our wedding venue Firessed Catering, and our main wedding events were in Langely and Maxwelton Beach. Beyond that, Carrie is so easy to work with and responsive to any inquiries you have. I cannot recommend this place enough!

Sent on 01/28/2018

Samantha · Married on 08/20/2016

How to begin? The Quintessa was a wonderful place to share an intimately, beautifully quant and gorgeous wedding! Carrie and Tessa were so accommodating and helpful when it came to ideas, caters, organization, flexibility etc. (the absolute best!) My husband and I highly recommend The Quintessa if you’re looking for a wedding venue!

Sent on 05/28/2018

Kim · Married on 04/23/2016

My husband and I got married at a nearby venue on Whidbey Island and had mostly out of town guests. We rented The Quintessa as a way to bring together many of our guests under one roof to get to know each other and make a weekend of our wedding. It was a PERFECT set up for a large group. The kitchen is large, well stocked, and open. The layout of the house is great for accommodating a big group, but giving people enough space to spread out. The grounds are also beautiful with well kept gardens and a view of the water in the distance. The cottage is a nice bonus as well.

We also used the house to host our post wedding brunch the next morning after our wedding. It was the perfect set up for that, with a nice big island in the kitchen for serving a buffet, open house style meal.

Carrie was great to work with along the way. She was flexible, responsive, and very accommodating. She has also been great with communicating after the wedding weekend regarding a few items left behind by our guests.

I highly recommend the Quintessa for large group getaways and/or hosting small weddings or other events!

Sent on 06/21/2016

Marissa · Married on 08/07/2014

My (now husband!) and I were looking for a unique venue outside of Seattle where we could have most of our ceremony/reception/lodging all in one. We wanted our out-of-town family & friends close by and with The Quintessa (vacation rental property) we were able to keep most of them under one roof. The islands here are all beautiful and Whidbey Island was a great midpoint - more removed than Bainbridge, not as far as the San Juans.
    The Quintessa is a gorgeous, well-maintained property with enthusiastic, responsive, and all-around fabulous hosts. Carrie & Tessa provided us with prompt, straightforward communication from start to finish. The property is well-equipped in all aspects (can sleep up to 32 ppl if you are willing to get cozy) so if you don't see something you need, just ask. For those planning to do lots of cooking, there are two kitchens in the main house (there is a separate cottage on the property too) well stocked with your standard kitchen tools, platters, bowls, coffee makers, etc. The grounds are fantastic - there is a nice open lawn space for games, a small pond, garden paths, a gazebo, fruit trees, and a lovely grotto area with an arbor, perfect for your ceremony.

The following notes are certainly not negatives, just things to consider if you are planning on hosting a wedding here:
    -The fact that it IS on an Island so transport can be tricky. Look into all your options/variables/schedules with the ferries, Sounder train, Whidbey-Seatac Shuttle, Island taxis, carpools, etc. It is a lot to coordinate for out-of-towners or city dwellers without cars.
    -Island sound curfew is 10pm. We ended up moving the party inside at 9pm.
    -There are only 3 fridges and 5 bathrooms (this includes the separate cottage) on the property so depending on the number of your guests staying on-site, this may not be enough. We rented porta-toilets for our event to accommodate for that.
    All in all, The Quintessa was perfect for what we wanted in a fun/casual wedding!

Sent on 08/15/2014

Melissa Campos · Married on 05/25/2013

Dream Wedding

Out wedding a the Quintrssa was like a dream. It was so wonderful that we cant let go. Our wedding there was 6 years ago and we go back for vacation about 2 to 3 times a year. We visit Whidbey island and Quintessa because we are so grateful of how fortunate we are to live in such a beautiful state and to be so close to such beauties as the Quintrssa and nearby Langley. We will continue to go back year after year because it is such an important and special part of our lives.

Sent on 06/29/2019

cebarn · Married on 07/28/2012

We could not be more happy with our choice in choosing The Quintessa on Whidbey Island.

No other vendors had the space for all 40 family members to stay and enjoy a week of excitement together. On top of it the place was extremely elegant and beautifully located.

We cherish our wedding and may come back for our 10 year anniversary.

Sent on 01/17/2018

Holly · Married on 04/05/2014

Carrie and Tessa, This place and your graciousness and hospitality will live on, in not only the bottom of our hearts forever, but in all of the 22 guests we brought along. What a wonderful wedding weekend! There is absolutely nothing more I could have dreamt about that wasn't a reality here. Our celebration was beautiful! We both anticipate returning to this spot with our family and friends here in the future. No words of gratitude can be expressed to fit our appreciation. The memories we now hold are priceless. I will recommend this location at every chance I get! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Sent on 01/29/2018