34 Reviews for The Purple Orchid, Event Planning

Budget Analysis (1)
Full Planning (1)
Cultural (1)
Religious (1)

Kristina and her team (Katherine & Jarron) were amazing! I think my laid back personality frightened Kristina at first as I'm a super procrastinator, but she helped make sure all tasks were complete before the wedding. They made sure my day went smoothly. Zach and I were not bothered with anything the day-of and had the best day of our lives. Kristina took us down to a local spot on the ocean to take pictures. I only have a few from the photographer and they are AMAZING- can't wait to see more! Jerron cleaned up as much as possible, making the cleanup the following day super easy. I would highly recommend Kristina and her crew. Kristina is super organized and experienced, and easy to work with. Thanks so much!!

Photos
Profile Picture Whitney, 6/23/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Destination, Ceremony, Reception

Brian and I are still trying to find the right words to think you and your team for what was a fairytale wedding for us. From the moment I first talked to you I knew you were the planner I wanted to work with. You made everything so easy to plan and make last minute changes. The amount of compliments we received about YOU from Saturday night is incredible. You transformed the boring classic white wedding tent wedding into a colorful wildflower explosion party that was just ABOVE and BEYOND what I ever even knew was possible!

It still baffles me all that planning we did with a million email and just paper discussions on a vision turned into that magical weekend. From taking control at the church rehearsal (still cracking up about that night and Fr. Ed) to the boat then riding around in golf carts when I probably should have been getting ready… oops.. you let my carefree spirit run free and I felt doted on hand and foot. “No” literally never came out of your mouth when I asked for an adjustment….or when I wanted to carry a bale of hay (still sorry about almost giving you..and my mother..and sister.. a heart attack). I remember asking you early on when you said what was the most important thing for me and I told you it was to have my parents stress free and enjoy the night. Im SO pleased that they not only enjoyed the night.. they too cannot believe the quality wedding you were able to put on. The number of “wows” and “stunning” and “best wedding we’re ever been to” comments are still coming in. EVEN your first aid skills were tested and THAT couples asked me the other night to personally thank you for being so kind and helpful with her bum toe.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 5/19/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Kristina and her crew were awesome! Affordable, professional and wonderful to work with! They made our wedding stress free and awesome! They care about the details as much as we did! They were always there! Thank you so much! Would hire you again for any event! Thanks Lindsey & Adam

Profile Picture Durinda, 9/16/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Hiring Purple Orchid was hands down the BEST decision we made in our wedding planning process. Our wedding day was a complete fairytale and we were able to live every moment fully because Kristina and Meli were there to take care of everything for us as coordinators. We started planning about two years prior to our actual wedding day, and being from New York, we needed someone with knowledge of the area. I immediately clicked with Kristina and felt in such good hands. She was so patient with me every step of the way and always made me feel like a priority, even though my wedding was so far away and she surely had events that were sooner and more pressing. She led us to incredible vendors and as we got closer to the wedding, our stress level actually DECREASED because she handled all of the coordination in the weeks and days leading up. She made us feel so relaxed and well taken care of on the day and on top of it all, she is just such a kind and fun person to have with you on that very special day. Her and her assistant Meli had everything under control, and we quite literally worried about nothing the day of. We trusted them completely and it was PERFECT. My family and friends all commented on how well put together everything was and my response to them was always "Kristina and Meli are amazing!!!!" We'll miss them and wish they could plan every event in our lives! We can't say enough incredible things about The Purple Orchid, they are a MUST have for your Maine Wedding.

Profile Picture Jamie, 9/9/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Destination, Religious

Where to begin with Kristina- our wedding was amazing beyond our wildest dreams and we couldn't have done it without her. For a long time we ambitiously attempted to plan a large-ish wedding on a private property from long distance single-handedly and once we realized that this was impossible to do while working full-time jobs, we sought out a planner. From our first conversation with Kristina she immediately started making suggestions and we couldn't pass up the opportunity to work with someone who has as much experience as she has, and who has worked with so many local vendors. Kristina was fantastic and just what we needed-- she was responsive and professional, mentioned every detail that we might have overlooked, and was straightforward while being kind, encouraging, and unbelievably generous. On the day of the wedding I was able to leave the site to get ready and had total confidence in Kristina that everything would be in the right place, and when I came back everything was set in the right place and beautiful beyond anything I could imagine. She was super lovely with our family members, and despite having a million things to do she made sure that we were happy, relaxed and well-fed. It was such a pleasure working with Kristina and we would recommend her to friends and family in a heartbeat. There are many talented event planners in Maine but if you're looking for a team with a deep breadth of experience in the area and who have worked with basically everyone, hire PO as soon as possible. And enjoy every moment!

Profile Picture Kim, 8/12/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Cultural, Destination, Eco-Friendly, Non-Religious, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception

We worked mostly with Chelsea and she exceeded all of our expectations as our wedding coordinator. Chelsea has such a confident, upbeat attitude, which really helped lower our stress levels throughout planning. We hired her for day-of coordination for our wedding at a flower farm. The venue was a blank slate property in the sense that all vendors needed to be brought in, as nothing was provided by the venue. Even though we had hired for day-of coordination, rather than using full planning services, Chelsea went above and beyond. She reached out to vendors and made sure the wedding schedule was given to all vendors and everyone was on the same page. She was organized, reliable, and made sure we had all of our bases covered.

There were many moving pieces with our wedding, and we are SO happy to have found Chelsea. She really helped us feel at ease and kept us on track with our priorities and timeline. She has the most awesome, positive personality, and handled everything calmly and professionally. Chelsea really helped the entire day run smoothly. We were able to enjoy the day with friends and family, thanks to her. If you are wondering whether you have room in the budget for a coordinator- you NEED to make room.

Thank you again, Chelsea! For everything :)

Profile Picture Emily, 7/22/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Civil, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, Ceremony, Reception

Kristina, Nikki and Team were fantastic to work with. The party was a 50th anniversary for 150 guests, and the there were many details to coordinate from two catering companies, to bringing pies in for dessert. The actual party was so much fun and I did not have to think about a thing. Everything was taken care of and I would recommend Purple Orchid to anyone.

Profile Picture donald, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Hiring " The Purple Orchid, Event Planning" was the best decision we made for a successful and fun wedding. Kristina Slocum was quick to respond to us and thought of so many details we didn't even think of. The week before, and especially the day of the wedding was so "stress-free" knowing that they taking care of everything. I would highly recommend this business!!

Profile Picture Kim, 8/13/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I am a photographer. I have photographed weddings, i have been to weddings, and like a crazy woman I decided that I would plan my entire wedding. Planning an entire wedding is really hard to do and I do not suggest it for most people. Having a professional to make sure you are doing things right is really important. I made the decision to hire a day of planner because I wanted to enjoy the day rather then direct it. Kristina was great. She and I got together about two months before the wedding and came up with a plan on how the day should be. She sent me forms to fill out so that I could have a time line, so that she would know all my vendors, she would know what a I ordered for the wedding and from whom and she made sure that all the planning I had done was correct. She found a few mistakes that I had made in my ordering and she worked with my vendors to fix them. She worked with my Officiant and all of these different vendors and had them all working together to make my day as easy as possible. I know there was behind the scene drama going on on my wedding day that I had no idea about. Like dealing with the crazy intense wind and rain during my outdoor wedding. She had to run out and buy tons of umbrellas to keep folks dry as they waked from tent to tent. She made sure that my day ran smoothly and that made all the difference. I got to enjoy the day. My only major decisions was how much I should eat, drink, and dance with my husband, family and friends. Kristina, her team, was the best wedding decision I made. I would highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Dana, 6/11/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Civil

Book them! This team is worth every penny. We hired the team at The Purple Orchid to assist with day of coordination for our wedding. Chelsea and Melissa began working with us about 6-8 weeks before our wedding and were on top of every detail! They were always positive, helpful and flexible. They are also incredibly organized, so I never doubted their ability to coordinate among our vendors . On the day of our wedding, they were so helpful and flew under the radar the entire time. They organized all of our decorations and our large bridal party (18). We ran into two small issues (rain and our DJ), but Chelsea and Melissa did their best to ensure everything rain smoothly - we were so happy! They even brought us food to make sure we ate before we started chatting with guests. I have no reservations about recommending the team at The Purple Orchid. They are the best event planning team I have ever come across.

Profile Picture User4861246, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Eco-Friendly, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Timelines, Ceremony, Reception

Thank you so much Kristina for ensuring that my husband and I had the best wedding. Kristina went above and beyond from the moment we hired her. She is THE BEST! We got married on an island in Maine and we planned the wedding from Denver, CO. Despite the numerous logistical issues we ran up against Kristina was there to calm us down and make sure everything went according to plan. She is proactive, professional, detail-oriented, and yet manages to be laid back and fun. Our calls with Kristina were usually very late for her (time zone differences) but she was always available and happy to help. She went above and beyond what we even expected and saved us multiple times when things fell through or we needed a last minute change. She worked so well with our other Maine vendors and her assistance on the day of was unbelievable. Honestly, my husband and I always say she was our best wedding planning decision and we recommend her services to anyone!! THANK YOU Kristina!! - Pauline and Jody

Profile Picture Pauline, 9/5/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Destination, Non-Religious

Kristina and Chelsea were excellent as our day of wedding coordinators (and the consultation package). Kristina assisted with recommendations throughout our planning process, and really helped to plan the timeline of our day to ensure things ran smoothly. She contacted all of our vendors prior to our Big Day to incorporate everyone in our working timeline. Our wedding was held at a non-traditional outdoor venue, that had never had a wedding on the grounds before, and as we were coordinating and bringing in all vendors ourselves, it was extremely important to us to have someone like Kristina there with her expertise in coordinating weddings and being able to to take care of all the small but important details that need to occur, so that we could enjoy our day just being the bride and groom, and get married! They were there early to help set up and meet with all vendors arriving, and stayed well into the night to make sure everything went as smooth as possible. Kristina successfully navigated through the day and alleviated any stress that may have fallen on us, and we are so thankful for that! We also had Chelsea come by on the night of our rehearsal dinner to help out, as we had a large wedding party and wanted to get everyone on the same page, and it was so great to meet with and go over things with her instead of on the day of, when things were guaranteed to be even more hectic. . It was a pleasure working with both, would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding coordinator!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 8/15/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Destination

Kristina and Chelsea are a god-send! We feel very thankful to have decided on a day-of wedding coordinator. Kristina was excellent to work with from the very start. Planning a wedding two states a way, we had an initial phone conversation that alluded to an immediate connection and understanding of our wedding needs and vision. She met us prior to the event at our wedding location. Our wedding was at my husband's family summer home; thus, we had to pull in MANY different vendors to come out to this little Maine, island. Kristina organized all the vendors seamlessly. She contacted each one prior to the wedding and took that worry off of our plates and allowed us to enjoy the morning leading up to the big moment. The day of the wedding she showed up early to help with set-up and nailed every last one of our little details (and as a teacher, there were many). During all of this she remained friendly and professional. We are extremely thankful that we went with a day-of wedding coordinator and that this was The Purple Orchid. I would highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Kelly, 7/25/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

This review will not even begin to do justice to the services Kristina and her staff provided for my daughter's wedding. The wedding took place at our home and even though that was overwhelming at many points, Kristina's competence and experience assured us everything would run smoothly. She is detail-oriented but kept us focused on the event as a whole. We weren't sure if we could fit the expense of hiring a planner into our budget but the reality is that if we hadn't, we would not have had the amazing wedding we did! Kristina's checklists and advice were invaluable and her wedding day presence was phenomenal. We highly recommend Kristina and the Purple Orchid (thanks so much to her assistant Chelsea, too!) to anyone planning a wedding in Maine. Sometimes it is not just the business smarts but the personal touch that makes an experience with a company unforgettable. We will always remember the generosity of time and spirit that Kristina provided us on this very special day.

Profile Picture Kathleen, 6/21/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Kristina and her staff were amazing! The network of people she knows and her ability to get things handled are second to none. We had the most amazing wedding and the best part was it was stress free!

Profile Picture Michelle , 6/13/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Kristina from The Purple Orchid was absolutely wonderful in every aspect of her services. Always available and in touch, getting each detail just right. We were out of state and she became our hands on the ground, she saw exactly what we wanted and when above and beyond what we expected. All of our guests said that this wedding weekend event was unlike anything they had ever been to, it exceeded all of their expectations. That made my son, my daughter in law and us very very happy. By all means use her services, you won't be disappointed!!!

Profile Picture Lynn, 10/3/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I hired Purple Orchid for only the day-of coordination (in hind sight I wish I had hired her as my complete Wedding Planner!). She was thorough, detail-oriented, and organized during the week before the wedding. She did not need any hand-holding and was independent and professional - exactly what you need on you big day! She coordinated with ALL of the vendors during the week before to make sure the schedule was nailed down and took care of the little details that the bride and groom might overlook. She set up all of the table decorations, brought us appetizers during photos, coordinated first dances and toasts with the DJ, and was there for general support throughout the whole event. She even took care of things when it started to rain (like bringing things inside!) and I barely even noticed that it was raining at all because I didn't have to worry about anything! I can't thank her and her staff enough for the fabulous job they did, and all with a relaxed, sensible attitude which helped to calm everyone down just by being in the room. I highly recommend Purple Orchid Event Planning.

Profile Picture Patty, 9/13/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

My mom suggested that we hire Kristina of The Purple Orchid Event Planning and we haven't stopped thanking her! My parents, my husband, and I can't say enough good things about how beautifully Kristina handled our wedding day (and the planning leading up to it).

From Day One, Kristina was organized, helpful, endlessly supportive, and totally reliable. She thought of things we didn't, and remembered things we couldn't.

We couldn't have been happier on our wedding day. Much of that happiness is owed to Kristina's experience, hard work, and calming presence. We had total faith that she would carry out our plans. She did - in fact, she turned them into a reality that was better than anything we could have imagined. The day was wonderful, and we owe Kristina huge thanks for that.

Profile Picture User4375910, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Hiring Purple Orchid Event Planning for my Maine wedding was the best decision I ever made. After speaking with a number of different Maine wedding planners, Kristina stood out as capable, knowledgeable, and ready to take on the job. I hired her soon thereafter and decided to go with the “full service” package- and to this day, it was the best “wedding purchase” I made.

Kristina was instrumental in executing the vision I wanted. She listened to what I wanted and was receptive when I explained what I did not want. She was attentive to my style and also came up with great ideas. She gave me the names of amazing vendors, all of whom were in my price range. She kept me on my deadlines and reminded me of my to-do list.

On my wedding day, Kristina was incredible. She took care of all my needs and more. She helped set up the tables, made sure the decorations were perfect, put up signs, set up the escort cards. She constantly checked in on me, brought me sparkling water, and kept us to our schedule. We had an incident where the dock broke with the entire wedding party on it – and she ran around, drying the groomsmens’ pants! At the reception, I actually saw her filling up water glasses! Kristina wanted to make sure it was the best possible day ever and it was. We received compliments from every wedding guest including several “best wedding we’ve ever been to”. It couldn’t have been the wonderful day it was without the help of the Purple Orchid team.
Seriously, do yourself a big favor and hire Kristina. You won’t regret it!

Profile Picture Jersey, 8/23/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We hired Kristina of Purple Orchid as a month of coordinator for our wedding on Peaks Island. It was so helpful to have her coordinate our vendors for the month of the wedding since we had a lot of logistics with planning a wedding on an island. She really stepped in and took charge of many aspects of the planning which was amazing. She was lovely, easy to get in touch with, and everything went splendidly during the wedding. I highly recommend Kristina!

Profile Picture Bronwyn, 8/22/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

With Kristina and Clementine there to run day-of coordination for us, I didn't have to worry about anything the day of the wedding. If I had questions or concerns I just had to ask and they would get answered or remedied right away. At one point, I even had some uninvited visitors as the girls were getting ready in the morning and I said to Kristina, "I don't know if this is part of your job description..." To which she promptly replied, "It can be!" And she kindly asked the guests to return for the scheduled ceremony. What a great attitude! My mom was equally impressed with Kristina's positive attitude and ability to get things done efficiently and beautifully. She was exactly what we hoped she would be when we hired her as our day-of coordinator.

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/21/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

The Purple orchid was beyond valuable in orchestrating our rehearsal and day of coordinating. Kristina and her staff went above and beyond to handle any and all issues, details, questions during this magical wedding event. leading up to this, she was responsive through email, did a site visit to become fully up to speed and worked to keep in the loop on all vendors. She was very professional, knowledgeable, caring , sensitive and very understanding of all our jitters. Her work with all the vendors was amazing and she made us all feel very comfortable and relaxed. Because of her, we were able to relax and enjoy the weekend with all our guests, as it should be. Thanks many times over to Kristina for making this such a positive experience for all of us!

Profile Picture Karen, 6/21/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Kristina doesn't even belong on these charts-she is so incredible that 5 stars is not enough! Working with Kristina is like working with your best friend, if your best friend is extremely detail oriented, has great vendor contacts and makes it look like everything comes together with ease! Having done a fair amount of the planning and decor myself, I know it is NOT the case, but she made it look effortless AND her complete control of the timeline, the vendor parties and the in-house parties made it possible for me to enjoy the day without a single care.
She was able to recommend vendors and find me the perfect ones for me when some didn't fit (who knew finding an officiant that meshed would be so hard?); she negotiated great rates with the vendors we picked and dealt with the unexpected last minute issues (extra charge for the agreed upon outside bar-sorted with finesse, one of the rented buses gets hit by a car? no problem, replacement on its way without any disruption to guests) with humor and speed.
There are so many details that go into making a wedding amazing, and most are really fun to deal with, but Kristina deals with those that aren't fun (and the personalities that aren't fun) with grace and efficiency-I cannot possibly recommend her highly enough -other than to say HIRE HER, HIRE HER, HIRE HER. She is amazing and will bring her energy and expertise to create a wonderful day for you. I am going to have to come up with a party just to work with her again soon!

Profile Picture Beth, 10/5/13, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I just wanted to take a minute to write a review about my wedding planner. I know when i was first starting to look for a wedding planner i was overwhelmed with who to chose. However the minute i met Kristina in a coffee shop in Portland, i knew immediately she was the right fit for me and my fiance. She was down to earth, friendly and seemed very knowledgeable about planning a wedding. Throughout the process we continued to email back and forth, and every time she immediately responded back quickly. This was so helpful especially since i was planning a maine wedding from California. Kristina kept me informed and on track throughout the year and when the wedding day came she exceeded my expectations. She followed all of the directions i had left her, and executed my "vision" perfectly. She was great the day of the wedding and kept everything moving seamlessly. I dont know what me and my parents would have done without her! I didnt have to think about any of the details on my wedding day and instead could spend time with my new husband, friends and family! i cant thank you enough for all your hard work kristina, and i hope you have many more successful weddings in the future!

ashley and isaac little

Profile Picture ashley, 9/14/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Kristina and her Purple Orchid team were amazing! I could not have pulled off my wedding without them! They were professional, discrete and all over the wedding timetable so that myself and my husband (or any of the family) had to worry about anything the whole night. The team was very flexible but made sure we got all the traditional bits done (bouquet toss, first dance etc) and everyone had a brilliant time. Thanks so much ladies!!!

Profile Picture User3524860, 2+ years ago, 1 Review