The Powder Bar Reviews

9 | Sparta, NJ

9 Reviews for The Powder Bar

Kerry · Married on 01/11/2014

Lauren did my make-up as well as MOB and bridesmaids. I do not wear makeup very often, and she did an excellent job of making me look like a more enhanced version of myself - I still looked like me, just more beautiful! She is easy-going, professional, and I cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 07/15/2014

Marianne · Married on 10/13/2012

Lauren did an amazing job the day of our wedding. We are a gay couple, and as such there was two brides to do, as well as all of our wedding party! She was professional and quick, keeping us laughing the entire time. She really took away the stress I was feeling that day, and she did great makeup to boot. She even came to the salon where we were getting our hair done and set up there as to make the most of our tight schedule. I'd recommend her any time, all the time. Thanks, Lauren!

Sent on 01/07/2013

Laura · Married on 09/30/2011

Lauren is AMAZING! I had a large party (14 of us) getting makeup done and was of course behind schedule for the day. She and her assistant didn't stop one second in the five+ hours they were at my house until we were back on track and everyone was ready to walk out the door on time. I keep hearing such rave reviews on how great everyones' makeup was -- and through my tears and dancing all night everything remained perfect. I've gotten my makeup done by many pros before, and Lauren is hands-down the best I've seen.

Sent on 10/12/2011

Melissa · Married on 09/24/2011

I am SO happy I found the Powder Bar. In one word, they were: AMAZING. I found out about Lauren from the bridal place where I bought my dresses. Everyone there was saying how great she and her girls were and I just had to call them! I set up a makeup trial with them and after speaking to both Lauren and Nicole about how I still didnt have someone to do my hair they were quick to find someone to help me with that as well!

I'm not really into makeup but after I left my makeup trial I can honestly say I was amazed! I loved it! Nicole did an awesome job! About a week later I met with Lissa Marie to do my hair. I wanted two different looks since I was going to have two gowns and she nailed it! I brought in two pictures of what I wanted and not only did she give me the same exact look as the pictures but hers was even better! So it was done..Lauren and Nicole would be doing our makeup and Lissa Marie would do our hair and meet me at the venue to do my second look! How lucky was I to find these girls?!

To make a long story short...Everyone looked amazing on my wedding day thanks to Lauren, Nicole and Lissa Marie! We got compliments all night!! My bridesmaids and I looked AMAZING :) Our makeup lasted all through the day and our hair was still in place! SOOOO If your looking for great makeup and hair...contact Lauren at the Powder Bar. You can't go wrong! Thank you ladies...you were amazing and helped make my wedding day: PERFECT!!

Melissa

Sent on 10/16/2011

Kimberley · Married on 09/04/2011

She did an amazing job. Very professional, loved that she was local, and the makeup lasted all day!

Sent on 10/04/2011

Christine · Married on 05/30/2010

Lauren was great! She was very flexible during the trial and took my ideas into account as well as adding her own advice and idea. It was also great that she was willing to travel for the trial and came right to me! We hired her last-minute, and she was very flexible considering it was such short notice. The make-up was fabulous and the pictures look amazing!! I felt like a runway model :) Lauren was very professional and I was amazed at the extent of her experience. A great service for the price! Everyone was complimenting me all night on how great I looked :)

Sent on 07/29/2010

Melanie · Married on 06/27/2009

Lauren is an awesome make-up artist. She is extremelly warm and friendly and puts you at ease! She did an excellent job! I wish I lived closer to her, I would use her all of the time.

Sent on 09/11/2009

Diane · Married on 04/12/2008

The Powder Bar is terrific. Lauren Tomasetti was a pleasure to work with. She is a talented make-up artist - very professional and accommodating to her client's needs. The Powder Bar provided make-up and hair services for my wedding – bride, 5 bridesmaids and mother of the bride. Lauren and her colleague (Jessica – hair stylist) traveled to my home for my bridal trial and to our hotel on the day of my wedding. Not only did everyone in my bridal party look gorgeous… we felt fabulous! I highly recommend The Powder Bar to anyone who wants to look beautiful for a wedding or special occasion.

Sent on 07/02/2009

Christine · Married on 04/25/2009

The Powder Bar provided excellent service for my wedding day. We booked them in less than 2 months prior to the wedding due to previous cancellation from another vendor. They truly came to save the day! I had more than 7 ladies including me that needed hair and makeup and Lauren grouped her staff well to accomodate our group. They truly listened to our suggestions and delivered well. Lauren communicated throughout those months via email and phone, and very quickly! The cost of her services were well calculated and I would highly recommend them! I've already endorsed her information to another bride-to-be.

Sent on 07/21/2009