The Pinnacle Center Reviews

The Pinnacle Center 1
The Pinnacle Center 2
The Pinnacle Center 3

Deni · Married on 07/24/2009

I was very pleased with every aspect of working with the Pinnacle Center when planning my daughter's wedding. They responded very quickly to any questions phoned in or emailed. My daughter lives out of town and they would make sure that they communicated their responses by email to both of us whenever we had questions or comments. The day of the wedding was almost stress-free for us. The Pinnacle Center runs like a well oiled machine.

• Jakemaster

Jacob · Married on 05/16/2009

I absolutely loved having my wedding at the Pinnacle Center. They were so helpful and organized that I was worry-free the day of. Their waitresses and waiters were amazing as well! We had such a great staff that night--very pleasant, and attentive. And the food was amazing! I would recommend the Bourbon Sirloin Steak and the Island Chicken. I have so many great memories because of the Pinnacle Center and everything that Bill and Tammy did for us that day. I had my ceremony outside in the garden which turned out beautiful! Then I had my reception inside in the Terrace ballroom. There was another reception occurring the same time as mine, but you could not hear them at all. I would highly recommend them! The only thing that was a small problem was the fact that I wasn't able to get into the Pinnacle Center until 1:30pm. (I had a 5:00pm wedding) I didn't have my hair done prior to getting to the Pinnacle Center and underestimated the amount of time it was going to take, and ended up being a bit rushed right before the wedding ceremony. But everything worked out. I would just recommend a bride and her bridesmaids to have their hair done BEFORE you get there. And because my florist/decorator could not be in the room until 1:30pm, she was rushed to get the room decorated in time--but she was awesome and made it happen!

Sent on 09/19/2009

Rachel · Married on 08/09/2008

They did such a great job. They discussed all the options at the first meeting meeting and made us a budget so we knew exactly what everything would cost. They handled all of the details and made sure that everything was done the way we wanted it. Whenever we had questions they would get right back to us with answers. Tammy was exceptional helpful with this. The food was excellant. Everything the night of the reception went perfect and we did not have anything to worry about. I would highly recommend them to anyone getting married.

Sent on 09/08/2008

Elissa · Married on 07/25/2008

I am so happy we chose Pinnacle. They were very professional and really know their stuff. Everything went off without a hitch and we couldn't be happier with our experience. Thank you!

Beth · Married on 07/05/2008

The pinnacle center was WONDERFUL! They did everything and it went perfect. They are very flexible too, if i needed to change something last minute, they just said OK and did it. It was AWESOME!! I would HIGHLY recommend them to any bride!

Ashley · Married on 03/17/2018

The Pinnacle Center was a great place to have our wedding reception. We were very pleased with the overall professionalism, service, and quality of the facilities. The planning process was smooth; they were readily available and responded quickly to questions. The reception room was large and easily fit a large dance floor, photo booth, gift table, and tables for games and favors. Although we couldn't decorate the day before (no one could until 2 pm day of), thankfully our florist was able to come that day and get table decorations done. TPC was very helpful in setting up the room so everything was ready for the reception. We didn't have to do lighting or wall decorating ourselves, for our room included icicle lighting under the cake and head tables. We paid the $300 to have colored back-lighting behind the head table, which tied all of the decorations together. There was a separate locked bridal party suite, which let us escape to cool off, use the restroom, etc. During our reception, the staff was very helpful and professional. Having the catering and DJ provided on-site meant we didn't have to hire outside vendors. Each table had its own server, so everyone got their meal at the same time. The food was incredible! We received numerous compliments on both entrees (pasta and chicken). From the many bar options we chose a sponsored bar, which covered beer and wine. They had a wide selection of both - in addition to soft drinks, water, and coffee - for guests to enjoy. Our Master of Ceremonies did most announcing, but TPC staff were always ready to help. We noticed, however, that once dinner was done there were fewer servers, and it was sometimes difficult to find someone to request a song (the DJ booth is above the reception room). Although TPC was pricier than other options, the multitude and value of the services it included was well worth it. Overall, we were very pleased with the service provided to us by TPC and would highly recommend them.

Sent on 08/03/2014

The venue was gorgeous and the food amazing! The staff were very helpful. The only complaint I have is the d
    DJ didn't do a good job of playing the list of music we selected, but it wasn't awful.

Sent on 09/29/2015

Ashley · Married on 05/30/2014

Sent on 08/03/2014

3.5

Everything was going to smoothly until the day of the wedding. I was a little bummed out when the DJ woman announced all my bridal party in the wrong order and pronounced their names wrong. I was also a little bummed when some of the music that played wasn't what I had on my music list. Also, the microphones didn't work so I didn't get to hear performances people did at my wedding. Those were just three major things that kinda bummed me out. Everything leading up to the day was great though. The staff is helpful and friendly.

Sent on 08/06/2014

The Pinnacle is a beautiful facility to hold a wedding reception. The value in booking the Pinnacle Center is that it is an "All in One" Venue. The Pinnacle Centers prepares the food, sets up the tables, provides the DJ and cleans up! The owners have thought of everything! They have checklists so everything is covered!
    My only disappointment was the food we tested during our "Taste Testing session" was far superior to what we received. Even though my husband and I were disappointed, the guests were all very impressed with the facility! The garden are was a beautiful area for guests to enter to get out of the music and it was a beautiful area to capture more pictures!

Sent on 09/24/2013

I loved that everything could be found at one place!

Sent on 07/31/2013

alicia · Married on 09/13/2008

3.5

It was an awsome place to have my reception at!!

Sent on 10/08/2008

Sara · Married on 08/04/2007

3.5

The Pinnacle Center was amazing. It's nice and big, and they'll do anything to help you. They're a bit strict on some things, but nothing too crazy. They made planning our wedding so fun and easy.

Sent on 07/07/2008
  • User5209014 · 2+ years ago

3.0

The pinnacle center is very straight forward. I had to appoint family members to set up the venue between the wedding and reception, that was kind of difficult, and when it came to needing things delivered it had to be after 2pm which was a pain. But over all it was beautiful! Everyone raved how good the food was, how beautiful the venue was, and how polite and fast the service was. I am very happy we chose it for our wedding reception.

Sent on 06/26/2015

Alexia · Married on 01/11/2014

Our experience with the Pinnacle Center was nothing but fantastic. The staff is well trained in events and exceptionally organized. It was great knowing that I did not have to worry about anything on our wedding day.

Sent on 01/15/2014

jacquelyn · Married on 10/10/2009

Food was great! Two months after the wedding, I am still having guests tell me how delicious the food was! The only problem we had, was the guests had a hard time hearing the overhead annoucements of the dollar dance, boquet/garter toss. Overall, a great venue!

Sent on 12/21/2009

The Pinnacle is a beautiful venue that takes care of everything for you! It certainly made my day much less stressful and the team was great to work with.

Sent on 06/28/2012

Ashley · Married on 08/22/2008

THe Pinnacle Center is amazing, I've looked at so many reception venues and the services the Pinnacle offers are so far above and beyond any other place. They really make sure everything goes great on your wedding day, and the planning meetings are sooooo helpful. If you book the Pinnacle Center you have no need for a wedding coordinator!

Sent on 09/01/2008

Mackenzy · Married on 06/15/2013

3.0

Good quality. Responded quickly to any emails or questions that came up! Beautiful venue. My biggest complaint is how the wedding party was treated when we arrived to the Pinnacle Center. Yes, we need to stay on schedule. But yelling at the wedding party, particularly the bride and groom, is NOT the way to handle the situation. I thought that was very rude, especially when we are all excited with the ceremony being over and getting ready to celebrate for the evening! It puts a lot of people in a bad mood. In addition, some of our guests overheard workers from the Pinnacle making comments like, "we've NEVER gone through this much booze at a wedding before!" and little statements like that. Yes, we went through a lot of alcohol, but we also had a younger crowd that was into drinking. I don't believe it got out of hand with our guests, and I really do not appreciate hearing comments like that made by the workers for our guests to hear. Besides those two events, we had a beautiful time at the Pinnacle and really appreciated how smoothly everything ran.

Sent on 07/20/2013

Kristina · Married on 10/15/2011

The Pinnacle Center is a beautiful and large space and they have delicious food. The room rental fee is quite steep compared to some other places around Grand Rapids, but it includes DJ service--which was fantastic!--and the cake cutting fee and pop and coffee, so it's not really as bad as it initially seems. The food was great and the dance floor is huge. Highly recommended!

Sent on 12/07/2011

Kayla · Married on 05/27/2011

We were very pleased with the professionalism of The Pinnacle Center. We really appreciated how organized everyone was and how smoothly things went on the day of the wedding! We loved everything about TPC, the food, the location, the service, etc!

Sent on 06/21/2011

Jennifer · Married on 09/19/2009

We had both our wedding ceremony and reception at The Pinnacle Center. The Pinnacle Center provided DJ service for both the wedding and ceremony, catering, beverage service and also provided the video of our ceremony and reception. The fact that all of the above services were included took a lot of the stress out of the planning process. The Garden Area for the wedding was beautifully landscaped and our pictures turned out amazing. The reception was perfect and the staff coordinated everything from the entrance of the wedding party to the cake cutting, dances etc. We received feedback from many guests that the food was some of the best they have had compared to other weddings.

Overall our experience with The Pinnacle Center was positive. The only complaint I would have was with our coordinator and her attitude at times during the planning process. Overall she was professional, responsive and supportive but in the days leading up to the wedding seemed distracted and minimized some of our concerns or questions. It left my husband, myself and our parents with the feeling that since the checks were cashed we were no longer important to her.

I would recommend The Pinnacle Center to any future bride and groom. The facility is very nice, the food is amazing and the fact that it is a one stop shop for multiple services made the planning process much easier.

Melissa · Married on 08/29/2009

We received tremendous feedback from our guests about the beauty and atmosphere of the Pinnacle Center, the delicious cuisine, and the graciousness of the staff. One of our younger guests has a severe nut allergy and was apprehensive of the wedding cake. When one of the servers discovered this, the server went and found some M&Ms for him to eat instead of cake. He and his family (my mother, too!) were SO IMPRESSED by that gesture that they were raving about it for weeks after our event.

The only wish was that there had been better communication between the servers regarding my cake. We had five flavors and had ordered more than enough cake with the hopes that all of it would be cut and our guests would be able to try each flavor, if they desired. I had many guests mention after the fact that servers had told them they could not exchange flavors nor have another slice because we were running out of cake- hard to believe since we went home with TWO uncut layers and half of two other layers! While my husband and I enjoyed plenty of cake in the days following the reception, it would have been nice (and a lot kinder on my midsection) had we been able to serve it in its entirety to our guests as we had planned.

Overall, LOVE the Pinnacle. And special thanks to Tammy, the coordinator we worked with specifically. She was so helpful and a pleasure to do business with. Thanks again!

Alyx · Married on 06/13/2009

2.0

They are very professional and easy to work with. They have everything you could possibly need to plan your reception and have all kinds of checklists that are extremely helpful. They are well organized and they contact you when it is time to meet or discuss the next step, you don't have to worry about a thing. The food was great and the whole evening activities were planned out and orchestrated by them. Once the wedding party arrived I did not have to worry about a thing= AWESOME! The only issue I had with them was the DJ. You have to use their DJ and he is up in a booth, so you miss out on the fun interaction of having a DJ, but other than that everything was great.

Sent on 07/08/2009

Allison · Married on 07/26/2008

Great vendor, really know what they are doing. Great reception, flawless, beautiful and increadible food and music.