The Pike Restaurant & Tap House Reviews

3 | Gettysburg, PA

3 Reviews for The Pike Restaurant & Tap House

Marion · Married on 05/03/2014

I wish I could give a higher rating than a five for the service we got at my daughter's wedding at The Pike. Cheryl is a real pro, and we felt completely comfortable with her right from the start, and trusted her expertise. What really impressed me, though, was learning that her staff is just as experienced and dedicated. From the time we arrived at the reception, Matt was there to greet us and see that everything ran smoothly so that we could just sit back and enjoy the evening. Everything was set up to our specifications (again, with their expert guidance), and we didn't have to worry about a thing.

The food was good (including a vegetarian option and a couple of special-ordered vegan dinners), and the tables were lovely. Matt was responsive to last minute changes, and did an great job coordinating with our other vendors (dj, florist, baker, etc.).

The Pike lacks some of the curb appeal you might find at some other venues in the Gettysburg area, but please don't let that deter you. They provide great value, and I can't imagine any other banquet facility having a staff that is as experienced, professional, flexible, efficient, and easy to work with as Cheryl, Matt and the rest of the staff at the Pike. Highly recommend.

Sent on 05/16/2014

kayla · Married on 08/27/2011

Perfect :) i think that just about sums it up. Cheryl is amazing! Her staff did so well we were so pleased with everything. The food was delicous, Cheryl was right there when i needed her (even when i was being a pain) and her staff were so friendly and helpful. I gave her all of my decor and WOW did it look amazing. I am a very picky person so for me to leave my decor with someone else to do made me a little on edge but she did a wonderful job! We got married during hurricane Irene so it was pretty wet and nasty out, Cherly came right over to our truck with an umberella and escorted me inside, i loved that! I would recommend The Pike to anyone without a doubt. Cherly made our expierence unforgetable! Thank you so much Cheryl!!!

Sent on 09/21/2011

Rachael · Married on 09/15/2007

We had no idea that our reception would be as PERFECT as what it was at The Pike. Cheryl Hankey is the owner and she is also the person who does weddings. She is absolutely amazing and a true angel. I don't know what I would have done without her.

The Pike doesn't just offer the room and the food. They offer complete set-up and tear-down. They set-up all of our favors and table decorations. They provide all table linens and place settings. They color coordinated everything for us. They provide the center pieces and table numbers. I did not have to worry about anything with Cheryl. She made us feel so comfortable and I miss working with her.

The food is affordable and amazing. They cut the cake and plate it with no cake cutting fees. There are many different bar options and many options in general. They will work with you on whatever you want. Their main focus is you and your special day!!

Sent on 11/25/2007