22 Reviews for The Photo Booth Lounge

3.6
22 The Photo Booth Lounge Reviews

0.0

Do not use this vendor. We booked The Photobooth Lounge for our wedding this May and after confirming 2 days before they were a no show the day of. Even worse they never called to cancel. We have reached out multiple times and we still haven't heard from them. I luckily was able to get a refund from my credit card company since the services I paid for were not ever delivered. Horrible.

Profile Picture Nicole, 5/31/14, 1 Review
0.0

I apologize if this is misleading as I did not use The Photo Booth Lounge for my wedding, but did want to share a recent experience. We paid Tim Gemelli (Founder of The Photo Booth Lounge) $6K for a 2-day photo booth activation in the lobby at NY Fashion Week for our client. Due to his lack of communication we missed integral deadlines and were unable to use his services on Feb 6 and 7, 2014. And here is the kicker – HE KEPT OUR MONEY! We are boutique PR agency and Tim took our $6,000 and will not give it back. We are currently meeting with our lawyer to take next steps.

Here is the skinny: our client was supposed to host a photo booth as part of their lounge offerings at Fashion Week. There were many details that needed to be confirmed and approved prior to such a large-scale event (which is a $100K+ investment for our client) so that they could build out the area to proper specifications. Since we were unable to get in touch with him or receive responses in a timely manner, we were directed by both the event venue and the client to cancel his services. We were thusly forced to create an entire new event in a short time at a significant cost to our agency. Tim asked us to pay in full as we secured his services for a date less than 30 days out, so we signed a contract and paid in full and then he became unresponsive.

Profile Picture Kim, 2/6/14, 1 Review
0.0

I contracted this vendor for services and unfortunatly had to terminate the contract before the event. Tim, who I presume is the owner of the company lacks customer service skills. He would not hesistate to contact me when it was time for payment but when I would attempt to contact him for questions about my upcoming event he was non-responsive. Once I expressed cancelling my contract with him was when he finally came back to me with excuses and then had the nerve to make it seem like it was my fault and I was not being understanding. I am sorry if I hire you for something I expect responses when I call or email, it is called Customer Service and that is something Mr. Gemelli needs to learn how to do. I would tell anyone out there looking for a photo booth company DO NOT HIRE THIS ONE. He will oversell and underdeliver.

Profile Picture User3717635, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
0.0

This was the biggest headache of my wedding. There was absolutely no communication from Tim. When it was time to submit payments however, he would suddenly contact me. I literally had to call several times a day for the entire week before my wedding to even find out if they would show up! I finally received a return phone call at my rehearsal the night before wedding. Worst costumer service. To this day, I still have not received any online viewing of photos etc. I have left several messages and sent emails. I would not recommend this company unless you want to add stress and frustration in your wedding planning.

Profile Picture User3020165, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
0.0

Does not return calls, emails or fb messages. horrible. took long breaks during wedding reception and will not provide items (website link, photo album, and memory stick) as promised in the contract. he will not respond to my correspondence to tell me how to proceed to obtain them. long line at booth the entire night because he works slowly and it discouraged my guests from bothering to even get their pictures taken. May have to sue him becuase i have no items or replies and i really wish i did not have to waste my time with this! I definitely do not recommend Tim Gemelli or the Photo Booth Lounge.

Profile Picture User3620042, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
0.0

Tthe photobooth itself was a hit, but there is absolutely no customer service.
Although I could always reach him when it was time for a payment, the week of the wedding (after he had already been paid in full), he went completely MIA. I emailed him a question Monday and did not hear from him all week. I left three voicemails and emailed him twice – nothing. There is no excuse for that. If you are busy, fine, but an email takes two seconds to respond to. He finally responded "all good" (which was not an answer to my original question but okay) at 9pm the night before the wedding while I was at our rehearsal dinner. Honestly, when we arrived at the reception, I really had no idea whether he would be there or not. The last time I felt like he was actually paying attention and cared about my business was the day I paid in full. After that, he had my money and clearly lost interest.
The night of the wedding everyone loved the photobooth, but when I emailed him when we returned from our honeymoon to see when we would get the pictures, his response was short, like I was irritating him. He told me it would be six weeks before we saw ANYTHING, including the digital pictures, which made no sense to me as they didn't have to be developed or anything.
After six weeks we still hadn't heard from him or seen anything. I emailed and left messages. Nothing. Finally I emailed him I was reversing the charges because I had not received what I paid for. Miraculously he responded to that email that day and said the pictures had been online "for some time." Not sure why he told me twice then I couldn't see them for six weeks. We have still not received the guestbook that our guests signed and I'm really not sure if we ever will. Do yourself a favor and go with one of the other zillion photobooth providers in the area.

Profile Picture kristy, 8/24/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

The photo booth from The Photo Booth Lounge 'made' our wedding. All of the guests had so much fun and the photos are absolutely priceless! We had a couple issues with their responsiveness at times, but they always ultimately came through and were very professional at the wedding. This was originally the 'extra' thing we were considering for the wedding if we could fit it in our budget. Now we are so happy that we decided to do it because it really made the day so much more fun. I highly recommend.

Profile Picture Tracy, 9/10/11, 11 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

The Photo Booth Lounge is awesome! Our photobooth was such a hit at my wedding. Everyone loved it and had so much fun taking group shots. They are so easy to work with and easy to contact when I had any questions. They were also so flexible when the scheduling changed last minute on our wedding day and location for the photobooth changed. Very professional and alot of fun! THANK YOU AGAIN PHOTO BOOTH LOUNGE! Everybody absolutely LOVED the photo booth and are still talking about how much they enjoyed it! They would make an excellent addition to any party!

Profile Picture Kathleen, 6/25/11, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We booked our photobooth with the photobooth lounge a few weeks before our wedding when we realized somehow we magically had some money in our budget. Tim was super flexible and created a unique package for us for a great price. He scouted out the space and created several different images for our photo printouts until we were satisfied.

The items above don't even begin to describe the main reason why choosing this photobooth vendor was the best decision we made. By the next morning, all our photos were already uploaded to a website, already on facebook and sharable, and Tim had taken a video of our space all set up and sent it to us. It was so freaking cool to have photos literally the next day, they were hilarious and fun, and really made the party a party.

I heart the PhotoBooth Lounge!

Profile Picture Lauriann, 6/18/11, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

The photobooth from The Photobooth Lounge was one of the highlights of the wedding reception. Our guests LOVED this and Tim Gemelli was wonderful to work with. The guests signed the photo book alongside their photo (He prints 2-one for you and one for your guest) so it took the place of your standard guest book. What great memories it provided for the bride and groom. Thanks!

Profile Picture C, 6/4/11, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

The Photobooth Lounge is awesome! I highly recommend it for a great addition to your party. All of the guests had a great time posing for pictures, They had nice pictures to take home, and it was alot of fun! Tim is very professional, and best of all I had my own copies of all photos in a special album and a flash drive delivered to my front door in less than 3 days after wedding!

Profile Picture Kim, 5/29/11, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I am SO glad I decided to get the photobooth lounge for my wedding!! It was a hit! EVERYONE loved it!!! I highly recommend this service!

Profile Picture Erica, 5/28/11, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

The Photo Booth Lounge was a HUGE hit at my wedding. Everyone loved it and had so much fun taking group shots. There was a line to take pictures at one point! It was the perfect party favor and the most amazing guest book!

Tim was awesome and really worked with me to get the best package/time slot possible.

Profile Picture Liz, 4/8/11, 4 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Flawless services, a hit at the party!

Profile Picture Brooke, 3/19/11, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

amazing resource and addition to your wedding reception! all of the guests, young and old, all enjoyed it and we enjoyed reviewing the pictures even more!!!

Profile Picture Christine, 10/9/10, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

the photo booth lounge was a wonderful company to work with!! tim was very accessible, helpful and quick to answer all of my questions. everything was set up very smoothly and effortlessly and i didn't have to worry about a thing. the photobooth LOOKED nice in the venue which was important to me. not tacky and ugly like some other photo booths. everybody LOVED the photo booth and 3 weeks later, people are still talking about how much they enjoyed it. we all can't stop looking at the pictures! definitely go for the scrap book and party props- which made the pictures even more hilarious and fun.

thank you so much!

Profile Picture Dena , 10/3/10, 7 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Tim from the "Photobooth Lounge" was an absolute pleasure to work with. He was very professional and ran the photobooth just wonderfully! We just got our guest book and couldn't be happier to see the beautiful memories he captured. The photobooth is huge and not like any others we have seen at other weddings! Great work! :)

Profile Picture Christine, 7/24/10, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

The PhotoBooth Lounge was great, easy to work with, very professorial and helpful. Truly made our event more special and the guests are still talking about how fun it was.

Profile Picture Vadim, 6/19/10, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

The photo booth was absolutely the hit of our wedding. It just adds an entirely new element to the party and once the drinks started flowing, almost everyone took a turn in the booth. Aside from making our wedding reception so much more enjoyable, the photo booth also gives us pictures of all our friends and family goofing off that we’ll be enjoying for years to come. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Erika, 6/12/10, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Wow! The Photo Booth Lounge is what everyone's still talking about. It was awesome. Our friends and families all got wedding favors of the photo strips and little frames and a wonderful remembrance of our wedding. They put the photos online as well and allot of friends used the images on their Facebook profile. We've been to weddings with the old photo booths and this was much better. Our whole wedding party fit in! Thanks for making our wedding truly memorable.

Profile Picture Dennis, 5/1/10, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

the best idea ever!! the photo booth lounge was the biggest hit at our wedding. it created such FUN memories for us and our guests. and the owner's are full of life and really know how to have a good time. everyone stills talks about them and how great they were. i would recommend this service to anyone! it was a blast.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture marin, 4/24/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Tim and his staff were fabulous! We had the photo lounge at our reception and it was a big hit. Everyone is still talking about it! The nice thing about this company is their flexibility. The "booth" can be as big or small as you like (ours was 10'x10'). It is handicapped accessible so our older relatives (think wheelchairs) could get in on the fun as well.

Profile Picture Wendy, 11/28/09, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Unique Services (Other)