The Philly Keys Reviews

52 Reviews for The Philly Keys

1 User photo

The Philly Keys 1

Liz · Married on 04/22/2017

Every person at our wedding raved about The Philly Keys. Their show was unique and unforgettable and we could not be happier with our choice.

Sent on 06/15/2017

Courtney · Married on 03/04/2017

I have been to dozens of weddings and this one was by far and away the best and it was all because of The Philly Keys. If you haven't seen a dueling piano show, you're missing out. Dueling Piano shows include audience requests, sing alongs, dance alongs, dance and song battles with the audience and all kinds of funny and entertaining stuff in between. We decided to use the option of dueling pianos plus a drummer because I know my family and friends and thought this would be the best set up. They played songs that had people up the whole night and knew how to play requests that my age range wanted as well as older songs that my grandparents wanted to hear and everything in between. One of the guests said to me at the end that they knew how to entertain everyone in the crowd and the show and the music reflected that.

Sent on 03/11/2017

Carolyn · Married on 02/25/2017

One Word: Special! They made our wedding very special. They put on a show like no other band or DJ that I've ever seen. They have a way of getting everyone involved and engaging the crowd with music, laughter, shout outs, toasts...Just from start to finish, it was extraordinary. So happy I found you guys and thanks again. - Carolyn and Justin

Sent on 03/02/2017

Dan and Jessie · Married on 02/18/2017

As a musician, band member, and dealer of musical equipment, I can say that The Philly Keys are the best choice for a wedding or corporate event. Like many here, we had a price in mind and we did not want to exceed it but after seeing the Philly Keys at a friends wedding last year, I can say that even if money were not a concern, I would opt for the Philly Keys over any "big name" wedding band or agency band in the area. Where a typical wedding band is most likely going to sound great, and have great players, there's really nothing memorable about it. They Philly Keys on the other hand put on a show you will not forget. As a musical dealer, I can also speak on something that most people don't put a lot of stock in and that is equipment. The Philly Keys had thebest portable PA system you can get. So many bands and DJ's buy cheap equipment and believe me it makes a HUGE difference at a venue. Philly Keys use RCF speakers and subs and this is gear you can't just purchase at a Sam Ash or guitar center. It's very high end and for good reason. It sounds amazing. Every announcement, special dance, song, solo etc is heard with amazing precision. I've been to a number of weddings where you can't hear the sound in some areas and it's super loud in others. But The Philly Keys gear sounded amazing no matter where you were in the room. My wife and I looked up some DJ's and other bands to get a price comparison, and every DJ in the area, for one guy, who literally presses a play button and aplifies songs, were charging almost as much as 2 amazing live musicians. Sorry for the techy review but believe me, this stuff is super important for a wedding. On top of that, the singing, playing, song selection, audience requests were all specatacular!

Sent on 03/02/2017

Tom · Married on 01/21/2017

The Best wedding act we've ever seen and I've been to probably 40 or so weddings. The Philly Keys were the best part of the whole thing and totally exceeded our expectations even after having read their reviews. Our crowd loved making requests and we kept them for an extra hour and that's when things got next level fun. By this point everyone was quite loose if you will and me and my wife got to sing "I've had the time of my life" while the Philly Keys played the music. Other guests got up to sing and we wanted some of the more adult kind of entertainment you'd expect from a dueling piano act and they delivered! Everyone was rolling laughing. Thanks from Tom and Alice

Sent on 04/07/2017

Jess and Matt · Married on 01/07/2017

The Philly Keys were extraordinary. I may be a little biased because it's my wedding but it was seriously the most fun wedding I've been to and many of our guests said the same. We used Brian and Adam and they busted out everything from "The Dead", my dad's request to "Wobble", my request. They played for ceremony, cocktail, reception, and DJ'd when they took a very short break. Couldnt be happier with our experience and the even though they are smaller then most wedding bands, they were much more fun and sounded amazing for a price that didn't send me running for the hills!

Sent on 01/19/2017

Samantha · Married on 01/07/2017

The Philly Keys were amazing!! They were so easy to work with and contact before the wedding. They did our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. The live music was so much fun! Everyone kept telling us that our wedding was one of the best they have ever been to!! They took requests and even sang happy birthday for us to my flower girl who's birthday was the next day. Thank you so much for making our special day so memorable! :)

Sent on 01/22/2017

Nancy · Married on 12/30/2016

We could not be more pleased with the Philly Keys! We didn't want the usual wedding DJ and were so happy to have found them. We used them for both our ceremony and reception music/entertainment. They provided an excellent balance of our more formal requests for the ceremony and dinner and kept everyone dancing throughout the reception. Our guests had a blast, they kept the party going all night, and several commented that they didn't want it to end! After experiencing the Philly Keys I know for certain our wedding wouldn't have been as much fun with any other form of entertainment.

They accommodated our travel requests to State College, PA and were extremely professional. Brian offered great suggestions for ceremony and reception music that I wouldn't have thought on my own. He was very responsive to my emails/phone calls. Overall, I cannot say enough good things about the Philly Keys.

Sent on 01/10/2017

Kristin · Married on 10/15/2016

These guys are the absolute best! The made the entire night. We had a 50the Anniversary for our Parents. The dance for was packed; the night was total blast. They were so responsive prior to the event. Do not even hesitate hiring the Philly Keys for your next party, wedding or any event!

Sent on 10/20/2016

carter · Married on 09/24/2016

Philly Keys were amazing! Brian was great to work with and super accommodating. They learned all our special requests and rocked the party all night long! The guests loved making requests and singing and dancing along.

Sent on 09/29/2016

Ray · Married on 09/10/2016

We were totally happy with the choice of the Philly Keys for our Wedding. From the first time we contacted them, it was easy to setup and Brian was so easy to work with. While we relied on his experience and advice, he also took our requests and incorporated them into the night. The dance floor was hopping all night and the requests were flowing. We had so many compliments in the next couple days from our guests, that we had to come out here and write a positive review. From the ceremony, to the cocktail hour, to the heart of the reception and finally to the chants of "one more song" at the end of the night, they were great!!! Thank you so much Philly Keys.

Thanks
    Ray and Bern

Sent on 09/12/2016

James · Married on 08/26/2016

When I first heard of a dueling piano act for a wedding I was skeptical. I have videotaped just about every band and DJ on the wedding scene in this area. I know what it takes for a successful wedding reception.

The first thing I noticed was the extremely fine guitar work during the cocktail hour. Little did I know this would be an additional feature that "Philly Keys" could offer. From there they slid into the dinner portion of the evening. The dueling piano concept was greeted by the guest with open arms. Many of the guests came up and requested songs that spanned many generations. "Philly Keys" had no problem playing and singing whatever was requested and performing it all masterfully! They were perfect entertainment for the dinner portion of the evening. Still, I wondered how the rest of their reception would go when it was time to get up and dance.

Well, any questions I had in regard to that portion of the night was soon answered. The crowd went WILD! These guys had them up on the dance floor the entire night and begging for more at the end of the evening!

They were able to pull off anything from simple piano and song too complex arrangements bringing in backing tracks for the feel of an entire band! Requests were still a great portion of this. The guest really enjoyed having the ability to request various songs. I was very impressed with the ability of "Philly Keys" to fulfill these various request.

Any and all hesitation that I had regarding a dueling piano act for a wedding were put to rest rather quickly. If you are looking for pure entertainment at a ridiculously good value, then look no further. I know that a bride is always interested in having a reception that is different from the last one she attended. She's usually looking for something that will be memorable and talked about for a very long time to come. Well, "Philly Keys" are a true KEY to such a wedding reception!

Jim Christaldi
    Christaldi Productions

Sent on 01/15/2016

The Philly Keys's reply:

Jim, thanks so much for the review. I appreciate all the kind words and the time you took to make them.

Colleen · Married on 08/13/2016

My husband and I saw The Philly Keys play at another wedding last year and decided right then to book them. Like many other's here have mentioned here, the format is perfect for anyone looking for an amazing live experience at an even more amazing price. Brian and Sarah really knew how to entertain. Song after song was another hit and we only left the dance floor to eat dessert. And most importantly, their set list included songs that everyone could enjoy. Big Band songs that even my grandparents got up for, Classic Rock, Top 40, 80's, Hip Hop, Country etc. Their knowledge of songs seemed to be unlimited. Could not be more pleased.

Sent on 10/06/2016

Chris · Married on 12/19/2015

Outstanding from start to finish. We used The Philly Keys for a company holiday party and they were absolutely outstanding. We've had a company party every year and this was the only one where people were up and dancing and engaged the entire time. They were hilarious and the most entertaining show I've ever seen and that is not an exaggeration.

Sent on 11/06/2016

Kate · Married on 10/17/2015

The Philly Keys were the highlight of our wedding!! Brian was great to work with and knew the importance of good music and getting all the guests on the dance floor. The guests loved the music and the dance floor was packed the whole time. Guests were singing along and had the opportunity to make requests. Many of the guests told us it was the most fun they had at a wedding! If you are looking for something that will bring the fun of a band, but at a much cheaper price, you must contact Brian and the Philly Keys. They also included the music for the ceremony and reception. One stop shop for all your music needs!!

Andrew and Samantha · Married on 09/11/2015

I couldn’t have been happier with the music Brian provided for our wedding. He worked with us to accommodate every request that we had and provided multiple options for us to choose from dependent on our budget. Most importantly the music was top notch and Brian’s energy is infectious! He did a great job getting the entire wedding pumped up and everyone on the dance floor. Lots of musical arrangements to choose from and he even accompanied me while I played a sax solo for my wife. I highly recommend Brian and gang to anyone looking for quality live music at your wedding or next event!

Sent on 01/25/2016

Betsy · Married on 08/08/2015

Phenomenal! We loved all the songs they played, loved the fun vibe they created at the wedding, and loved that all the guests just kept on dancing and singing. The Philly Keys provided music for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception for a great price. So worth every single penny. Thank you!

Kathryn · Married on 08/07/2015

The were great! They took requests and also played lots of popular cover songs. Perfect for our casual wedding party!

The Philly Keys's reply:

Kathryn, we had a ball at your wedding. Thanks so much for having us and thanks for the review

Tim · Married on 06/20/2015

I really can't say enough about the Philly Keys. They were the most fun and entertaining live act I've ever seen at a wedding. They had a hilarious skit with me and my wife and even had a dance battle between the bridesmaids and the groomsmen. The whole place was cracking up. On top of that, the music was absolutely lights out. They play several instruments and played all the best dance and sing along songs. The Philly Keys made our special night, truly unforgettable. Thanks guys and best of luck!

Sent on 01/24/2016

Jamie · Married on 03/14/2015

These guys were the best. We had such a blast the whole night and I LOVED the dueling piano style. They were able to play any songs that we asked for from Frank Sinatra to Meghan Trainor. Completely awesome!!!

Sent on 01/23/2016
  • I

Ilona · Married on 06/08/2013

My husband and I got married at Vie in Philadelphia and we had the most incredible night. The Philly Keys did an amazing job. We saw Brian and Stu play at Jollys a bunch of times and we loved the show they put on. Our price tag was already beyond where we had planned so we were going to get a DJ when my husband said we should have The Philly Keys. For nearly the same price as a DJ we got incredible live music. The Philly Keys covered everything we wanted, they took requests, they had a big monitor where guests could display messages, they DJ'd while they only took one small break, they made all of our announcements, and they even had a limbo competition. Seriously can't speak highly enough about them!

Sent on 01/25/2016

Ryan · Married on 03/16/2013

The Philly Keys brought the house down. Thank you guys so much for everything. Brian was a pleasure to deal with. Ceremony and reception were both at the Lake House and the Philly Keys took care of the music from the ceremony, to cocktail, to reception. My wife and I are Springsteen super fans and the Philly Keys must have played about 10 Bruce songs at our request. They closed the night with born to run and the entire crowd was singing along. If you want the most exciting band at a very affordable rate, the Philly Keys are where it's at.

Sent on 01/28/2016

Abby · Married on 09/08/2012

The Philly Keys will be the best decision you make for your wedding. Honestly, they came all the way to Virginia to play our wedding. We looked up several other wedding bands around the area and just couldnt bring ourselves to spend the money they were asking. We watched a couple showcases and the bands were all very good, in fact we really couldn't tell much difference from one to another but the price tag for all of them was above $7,000. Sorry but that seems ridiculous to me. We got a chance to see the Philly Keys play a show when my husband and I were both in Baltimore and they were hands down more entertaining than anything we had seen before. The icing on the cake was the price. It was a third of what these other bands were charging. The whole night was perfect. Brian played the ceremony music on acoustic guitar and they also set up in another room for cocktail hour as well as the main ballroom for the reception. The music was so good. There was no lull at all in the night. They brought a microphone into the audience and had us singing along and also let some of the guests sing on stage with them. They played all of our favorite requests, had line dances, limbo, conga lines etc. Guaranteed best time ever with the Philly Keys.

Thanks, Abby and Mike

Sent on 09/26/2016

Abby · Married on 09/08/2012

Thanks, Abby and Mike

Sent on 09/26/2016

Dan · Married on 05/09/2015

"We could not have been happier. As someone who is on his second marriage, I have a little experience at this point. All I will say is don't be duped into thinking you need to spend....ready for it....$11,000 for a good live act. Yes that's what I dropped the first time around. The Philly Keys actually sounded fuller and better and were much more fun for almost a quarter of the price. They have a very good platform which includes, backing tracks and then they play and sing on top of it. They busted out guitar, sax, and harmonica and they added a lot of fun crowd participation. They even met with my uncle, to my surprise, and rehearsed a song that he sang to me and the wife. Only reason they're not getting 5th full star was bc there were a few requests we really wanted but didn't get to hear. Keep up the excellent work and take it from me, The Philly Keys ROCK!!"

Sent on 01/24/2016

The Philly Keys's reply:

Dan, thanks a lot for the review. Yes every now and again there is a song we don't play haha. But very rarely. I would also add that we have to be pretty selective with the requests because some of them just shouldn't be played at a wedding. Thanks again for having us. Your crowd was a blast