The Philly Hair & Makeup Co. Reviews

113 | Philadelphia, PA

113 Reviews for The Philly Hair & Makeup Co.

Ashely did an amazing job for my hair and makeup (along with my bridesmaids). Very professional and would recommend her to any bride to be. My wedding was on the hottest day of the year and my makeup and hair did not budge at all.

Sent on 04/12/2014

Jenna · Married on 08/03/2013

Ashley and her staff were awesome! They were on time and made sure everyone was happy with how they looked. They were super professional and really made the day a thousand times less stressful.
    I travel every week for work and would e-mail with Ashley the looks and changes I needed and she always answered right away and told me what the honest truth was about everything. If I didn’t like something she was very clear and asked me what I didn’t like and would change it right away.

Hands down she and her team deserve a 5 out of 5 and I would recommend her to any bride and her bridal party! Please feel free to contact me with any questions @JCarson12@gmail.com

Sent on 08/13/2013

Allison · Married on 07/26/2013

Ashley Leoncini and her team were one of the best wedding decisions I made. It was by luck that I stumbled upon her website and booked her services. After seeing her wonderful photos on her blog/facebook page/ and wedding wire I was sold. Ashley always responded quickly to emails/questions. They were on time the day of my wedding and helped do hair and makeup for 9 people, most of whom had LOTS of hair!

Ashley and her partner made sure everyone was confident and happy with their hair and makeup and everyone looked beautiful from the time they were finished until the end of the night. I went for a trial and we changed my hair slightly on the day of my wedding after a conversation via email and that day and it could not have come out better! I felt gorgeous, and so did the rest of the bridal party and my mom, aunt, and flower girl!

Sent on 10/27/2013

Puja · Married on 07/05/2013

Ashley provided hair and make-up services for 3 of my wedding events including the wedding and reception and I am so glad I went with her. At first I was a little nervous going with a non-Indian hair and make up artist, but she really put my mind at ease with all her experience doing Indian weddings! She really was able to bring my entire look together and really has an eye for what will look good and what wouldn't! She was even able to please my mom who is very picky about her hair and make up! Her professionalism made it so easy to work with her and personailty and calming nature made my day less stressful! Ashley was there on time and ready to start exactly as we had planned, which was great because that was one less thing I had to stress about. I honestly cannot thank her enough because your look on your wedding day is probably the biggest thing for a bride and I was blown away by her work. She was able to give me a look that was beyond my expectations! I will defintely be recommending Ashley to all my friends and family!

Sent on 08/26/2013

Naomi · Married on 06/23/2013

Ashley was fabulous to work with! She was good about responding to e-mails and scheduling my trial. She was really helpful in figuring out the schedule, which was complicated since we had to do hair and makeup for 6 girls before 10am! She was great on the day of as well, doing something different and unique for each of my bridesmaids, mom, and mother-in-law (and of course me) and everyone looked great! She was a lot of fun to work with and I highly recommend her.

Sent on 07/08/2013

Sophia · Married on 06/02/2013

The Philly Hair & Makeup Co. is run by one really hip chick, Ashley. Ashley is an incredibly fun and easy going gal who I absolutely LOVED working with. She did hair and makeup for me, my sister and my mom on the day of the wedding. She was at the venue before I was, already setting up her station. She got right to work and boy, did she do a great job. I called her a magician because in a span of about 3-4 hours she managed to turn me and my sister/mom into red-carpet ready celebrities. I highly recommend Ashley. She was AWESOME!

Sent on 06/18/2013

Gretchen · Married on 05/17/2013

Ashley was great to work with! I decided after my hair trial that I wanted to change a few things the day of my wedding. She was very patient and gave me great suggestions without being too pushy. I have alot of hair and she managed to do an "updo" and have not one of the bobby pins bother me all night! I could not have been happier with the way my hair turned out!
    Also at the last minute my little flower girls decided that they wanted to get their hair done as well and Ash did such a great job, making them feel special.

Sent on 06/12/2013

Catherine · Married on 04/20/2013

Ashley did my hair and makeup for my wedding this past April. I went back and forth on several makeup looks before the wedding but couldn’t find anything quite right. The day of the wedding, I ended up handing her a picture of a model with dramatic makeup and told her to make me look exactly like that.

I’m a light-hair, light-eyes-blonde and the picture I showed her was of a brunette model with dark features. Ashley did a FANTASTIC job of transitioning the brunette look to me, and I was very, very, very pleased. The most compliments I’ve been receiving on my wedding have been on 1.) my makeup and 2.) the band.

She and her sister, Abby, were extremely prompt and efficient. They quick to set up, efficiently complete each girl’s hair/makeup, and cleaned up and exited so quickly that I barely even noticed when they left. With so many things to think about and so many emotions on the day of the wedding, it really helps having hair/makeup artists who can work efficiently.

Sent on 05/03/2013

Ashley was great to work with for my wedding hair and makeup. She responded really well to emails, was friendly and extremely helpful. On my wedding day I loved my hair and makeup even more than at my trial. It was so nice to have her and another stylist come to our hotel so that my bridesmaids, mom and I didn't have to worry about traveling to a salon. We actually ended up ahead of schedule since Ashley and Gina got done with our hair and makeup early - having an extra 1/2 hour to an hour on the wedding day to relax was wonderful. Overall, I think Ashley's service were a great value considering the convenience and quality.

Sent on 05/08/2013
  • Jessie

Jessie · Married on 10/20/2012

I was extremely happy with my experience with Ashley for my wedding day. She did my hair and makeup, my maid of honors hair and my daughter's (the flower girls) hair. We all looked beautiful and I couldn't have been happier!

Sent on 11/28/2012
  • O

Oriana · Married on 10/14/2012

Ashley was the best! Fun, professional and super talented. I loved everything about my experience with her and absolutely loved the final product. Thanks Ashley! xoxox!

Sent on 01/06/2013

Angie · Married on 10/13/2012

Ashley was great! She did hair for me, my bridesmaids and my mom! Everyone loved how the hair came out! Thank you Ashley :))

Sent on 11/27/2012
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 09/28/2012

Ashley and her assistant, Abby, did my hair (bride) and my 4 bridesmaids. As well as make-up for 3 of us. We ALL couldn't have been happier. Ashley was able to do what I wanted and it looked great. Prices were very resonable too. Can't thank Ashley and Abby enough for their time and expertise. Wuold highly recommend to other brides. :)

Sent on 11/02/2012

Jennifer · Married on 09/22/2012

I found Ashley on wedding wire and contacted her for prices and availability for my wedding. She responded quickly and her prices were very reasonable compared to others that I found. I set up my trial and she was very accommodating with the time. She was extremely friendly and made sure I liked my hair and make-up prior to me leaving. She stayed in contact with me right up until her arrival on the big day. She did not hesitate to text me and let me know when she was arriving. She was very professional when she arrived and had everything she needed. All the girls loved their hair and make-up and I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 11/04/2012

Lauren · Married on 08/04/2012

I had initially contacted multiple hairdressers regarding doing my hair and make up for my wedding in August. Ashley responded in a timely manner and was also very resonably priced. She did a great job during the trial and completely helped a very unsure bride (I don't really wear much make-up).

On the day of the wedding, she came to the venue with two others to do the hair and make up for me, my mother and my sister (the bridesmaid). Everything went perfectly. She got everything done in the timeframe we had (before the pictures) and my hair and make-up were exactly what I wanted. Our ceremony was outdoors (it was 90 degrees and humid) and my make up never ran and my hair stayed in place all night. She is easy to work with and I would highly recommend Ashley Leoncini to anyone looking for a professional and personable hair/make up person.

Sent on 01/07/2013

Heather · Married on 07/28/2012

Ashley and an assistant did my hair and hair for 8 of my bridesmaids. They drove all the way to my location (Reading, PA) from Philadelphia, PA which was great because we were getting ready at the bridal suite at my location! They were on time, very professional, and had reasonable prices. They both worked very efficiently but were still fun to have around during the day. They were even able to laugh and joke around with me and my bridesmaids, even when the ceiling in the bridal suite started leaking because of the air conditioner! Each of my bridesmaids had a different idea in mind for what they wanted for their hair, and they were able to deliver! All of our hair turned out amazing! I would definitely recommend Ashley to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 11/02/2012

Canby · Married on 06/09/2012

I reserved Ashley to do hair and makeup for my wedding party on our wedding day. She arrived at the venue with two assistants, and they we all had the best time getting ready! I hadn't done any professional updos or makeup in the past, so I did a trial (which I highly recommend). I thought I knew the look I wanted for my wedding day, and Ashley helped me achieve that look during at my trial. A few days later, however, I decided I wanted to go with another look that I found in a magazine, and Ashley did a fantastic job executing that look on my wedding day. I felt beautiful on my wedding day!! Thank you, Ashley!

Sent on 07/17/2012
  • Ilana

Ilana · Married on 05/27/2012

I hired Ashley to be the hair stylist for my wedding. She did my hair as well as several bridesmaids. Everyone's hair styles were unique and looked fantastic! I really couldn't be happier with her service. She is also super nice and it was a pleasure to have her come out on the day of the wedding (when the last thing you need is more stress). She really did a great job.

Sent on 05/29/2012

Kate · Married on 04/20/2012

Ashley is truly the best! She is a true beauty professional-she is stylish, creative, fun, reliable and works fast! She will keep you and all your bridesmaids calm while doing a great job on the entire bridal party! (Trust me Ashley won't give anyone a bad prom up-do!) The day of my wedding Ashley and I decided to change my hair from what she did at my trail hair appointment and I was never worried for one minute. My hair turned out perfect and it was just what I envisioned. Thank you Ashley.

Sent on 07/15/2012

Courtney · Married on 04/14/2012

Ashley was very easy to work with! She was easy to schedule appointments with and came to my apartment for our first consultation - which was so convenient! She listened to my ideas and helped me figure out exactly what I wanted.

On my wedding day, she was prompt and had plenty of extra help with her - we were able to do 11 girls hair and several girls' makeup with plenty of time to spare. I had nothing to worry about and loved my hair and makeup!!

Sent on 08/20/2012
  • Jo

Jo · Married on 03/31/2012

Ashley was amazing! She did two different looks for me; one for my trial, which I used for our engagement shoot and something a little different for the wedding. She created the exact looks I wanted for both occassions. She was SO helpful with all my questions, requests and needs along the way. All my girls looked stunning thanks to Ashley and her assistant. I would HIGHLY recommend using Ashley for your wedding. She and I have continued to work together even after the wedding. I couldn't be happier to have found her. Not only is she extremely talented, she's super sweet, responsive, always on time and just an absolute pleasure to work with.

Sent on 04/25/2012

Ashley · Married on 08/06/2011

My maid of honor booked Ashley based on other reviews and I could not have been happier with the services she provided my bridesmaids and I.  Ashley's ability to do hair and makeup speaks for itself in pictures.  Ashley is easy to talk to, and fosters any idea you have into an unforgettable style.  She can mimic a picture to exact detail.  I still receieve compliments on my wedding day hairstyle and makeup and would recommend Ashley to anyone.  Also, she is VERY affordable and travels to YOU, which makes your busy day more tranquil and special!

Sent on 03/08/2012
  • katie

Katie · Married on 01/01/2009

Amazing!!!!!

Being a hairstylist myself, I have followed Ashley forever on Instagram knowing that she would be who I would go to for my dream wedding hair and makeup. She wasn’t available but her sister Abbey was! I didn’t even do a trial with her, it was beyond amazing and everything I dreamed of for my look. This was the easiest and best choice I made for me wedding. It literally lasted all night!

Sent on 06/10/2021

Aly · Married on 11/18/2017

Ashley is amazing!!! She did hair for my entire bridal party (8 bridesmaids, both moms) and me, and she and her associate did all of our makeup too. Everyone looked absolutely gorgeous - even my mom, who has never had a formal updo in her entire life, saw how great we all looked and decided to get one instead of just a blow-out, and she loved it! Ashley is SUPER fast with hair but not at the sacrifice of perfection, she's just awesome. I absolutely loved my hair and makeup and I could tell that all the girls felt absolutely gorgeous. They were super chill while they were getting us all ready, just really easy-going and helped us all feel relaxed and great. I would absolutely recommend Ashley and her team to anyone in the Philly area!

Sent on 01/15/2018

Kimberly · Married on 05/15/2016

I had a great experience with Ashley and with Philly Hair & Makeup Co. First I went to their adorable studio in Northern Liberties for my trial, where Ashley tried 2-3 different hairstyles and 2 different makeup looks on me and took photos so I could decide. She was super nice, patient, and listened to what I was interested in/looked all the inspiration photos I brought. My mom ended up going back to have trials with Ashley as well. On the day of my wedding, we had Ashley and Christina doing hair and makeup for me, my mom, my mother-in-law, and hair for 3 of my bridesmaids. Everyone looked beautiful—I’ve certainly never felt that beautiful—and it was all on schedule, calm and low-stress. Hiring pros is not inexpensive, but I did a lot of research before booking my trial, and PH&MC was pretty reasonable/competitive for their quality and services. Thanks so much, Ashley!

Sent on 07/25/2016