The Philly Hair & Makeup Co. Reviews

113 | Philadelphia, PA

113 Reviews for The Philly Hair & Makeup Co.

Tatum · Married on 10/01/2016

Amazing!!!!! I highly recommend The Philly Hair and Makeup Co. Ashley and Shae, both true artists, created beautiful hair and makeup styles on all the girls -- everyone looked gorgeous and even the most discerning bridesmaid loved the way they made her look. They also created a relaxing, fun, and special environment on what could have been a very stressful day. I wish I could get beautified by them everyday!!!!

Sent on 10/09/2016

Angela · Married on 10/01/2016

My hair and makeup looked fantastic from beginning to end of my wedding day, as I was reminded by many guests at the end of the day. The first hair and makeup trial at the salon went great, and when I realised I wanted a different makeup look several days later, setting up a new appointment was not a problem. Sarah was great at translating the looks I showed her to fit me and to incorporate the hair pieces I had bought. The day of, the girls were prompt to arrive at our hotel and stuck to the schedule getting everyone done in time for the day ahead. I loved not having travel anywhere to get ready.

Sent on 10/06/2016

Lauren · Married on 06/25/2016

Ashley helped me and my bridal party get ready for my wedding in June. I planned my wedding from Florida and she was incredibly flexible and patient. From my hair trial to the big day, she was super accommodating and we even finished ahead of schedule with everyone's hair looking amazing! I highly recommend! Thanks for everything Ashley!

Sent on 09/05/2016

Jennifer · Married on 06/18/2016

Ashley and Patrick did a wonderful job with hair and make-up for our wedding! All of the girls looked beautiful - even better than I could have imagined! My sister was so thrilled that she ended up booking Ashley for her wedding next year. Would definitely recommend to any bride-to-be!

Sent on 08/01/2016

Cara · Married on 05/15/2016

Shae and Jackie did an amazing job and were so fun to work with! They were on time, finished early and we were even able to add two girls for make up that morning! We got so many compliments from family and friends about how great everyone's hair and make up looked! I would highly recommend The Philly Hair and Makeup Co for any special occasion!

Sent on 05/23/2016

Moira · Married on 05/07/2016

The Philly Hair & Makeup Co. was recommended to me through a friend for my wedding and I could not be happier that I used them on the big day. From the very beginning they were helpful and responsive, Ashely replied to every e-mail that I sent her within hours. She was also flexible when we asked her to change a few things around for the day of the wedding. On my wedding day, Sarah did my hair and makeup, along with my bridesmaids. I can't say enough about how great Sarah is! I wanted to be surrounded by positive people on my wedding day, and Sarah was absolutely that. I got compliments all day on how great my hair and makeup looked - my makeup and hair both stayed perfect all evening (even up through 2am)! I felt like a princess, and could not have been happier with the final result. One of my bridesmaids had a meltdown, and Sarah was able to stay positive and did a great job accommodating the stressed bridesmaid. When Sarah was finishing hair and makeup, Ashley came up to our suite assist with the final touchups for the rest of the bridesmaids. She was fantastic and helped the girls to feel like their looks were 100% complete! I can't say enough about how awesome these women were and what an impact they had on making my wedding day flawless! I plan on going in for a haircut regularly to the salon, solely because I want to hang out with them!

Sent on 05/10/2016

Katie · Married on 04/16/2016

Ashley was amazing! She did makeup for my bridal party (5 bridesmaids), myself, and 4 additional people and was extremely professional, prompt, and just simply very talented. Even when a few of my bridesmaids were late, she remained professional and adjusted appointment times accordingly so that we can all stay on schedule. She was also really great at listening to what everyone wanted. During my trial there were a couple things that I was particular about (i.e. eyebrows filled in) and she listened and adjusted accordingly for my big day. I couldn't be happier with her services. She's also just a really nice person and on the morning of my wedding, I wanted to surround myself with nothing but positivity and Ashley totally brought it! She also did hair and makeup for my cousin's bridal party, which is how I found her. If it wasn't for a close friend being a hairdresser, I absolutely would've hired Ashley for that as well. Everyone from both bridal parties (18 people total!) were extremely happy with her work. Thanks again, Ashley!

Sent on 04/22/2016

Ashley was great. I have heavy hair and she did awesome job.

Sent on 12/08/2016

Maureen · Married on 12/31/2015

This group of 3 lovely ladies came to my hotel suite to provide hair and makeup services for me, all of my bridesmaids, and the moms. They arrived on time and set up without asking me a million questions. On your wedding day, you don't want anyone who doesn't have a take-charge attitude. The ladies did an awesome job of interpreting all of our ideas: 'i pinned these 5 pictures' 'i want to look natural but glamourous' etc. My hair and makeup looked gorgeous! Thank you Philly Hair and Makeup! (OH - my wedding was on New Year's Eve and this company did not blink an eye or charge me more for a 'holiday' rate as other vendors tried to do. Absolutely fantastic.)

Sent on 01/03/2016

I booked Philly Hair and Makeup Co. for my bridal party and family members for my wedding. Christina and Jackie were both incredible! They arrived right on time (after traveling an hour!) and were ready to go, and finished with time to spare. Everyone's hair and makeup looked fantastic, and most importantly, stayed that way the entire day and night. These girls do a great job!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Ashley was the perfect stylist for my non traditional reception. She has a broad range of skills and was able to do two completely different looks, one natural for my mom and the other more glamorous for myself. She really listened to what we wanted, and helped us to feel amazing! I would highly recommend Ashley for any event, and hope to use her again in the future.

Sent on 11/02/2015

Abby · Married on 10/03/2015

Christina did my hair and makeup for my wedding through Philly Hair & Make-Up Co. and did a fantastic job. She did a great job listening to what I said and made what I envisioned a reality. (She was also able to keep my hair from budging at all on a super windy day while still giving me a loose/romantic look). She made me feel comfortable at every step of the way and I was really happy with the results.

Sent on 10/08/2015

Sarah · Married on 09/25/2015

Working with Philly Hair and Make Up Co was a dream. Ashley was great to work with during the wedding process. The day of, she arrived early with a smile on her face. She and the hair stylist, Shay were able to create whatever the bridesmaids and myself dreamed. They were friendly and laughed along with us through out the day. At the wedding, everyone was complimenting on our hair and make up. I truly felt like a princess!!! You will not regret using them as they are the best!!!!! DO IT

Sent on 07/08/2015

Taylor · Married on 09/18/2015

I highly recommend The Philly Hair and Makeup Co! I could not be any happier with the amazing job Ashley and her team did for my wedding day. My whole bridal party (moms and grandmother included) looked perfect. We got compliments on our hair and makeup all night! Ashley was so flexible and patient throughout the whole process, from hair trials to the day of the wedding- she always delivered the highest quality of service.

Sent on 11/10/2015

Abbie · Married on 07/04/2015

The Philly Hair and Makeup Co. was a great choice for my wedding! Ashley always answered any questions I had and was always quick to respond. My trial went well, and she really listened to what I was looking for and amazingly recreated it. On the day of the wedding, she and an assistant worked from 10-3 on me and my 9 bridesmaids. Everything went smoothly and all of my bridesmaids loved their hair and make up. I don't normally wear lots of make up, but I absolutely loved the way she styled by hair and applied my make up. It looked completely natural yet elegant, and most importantly, it lasted through the night. I couldn't have asked for a better stylist!

Sent on 07/19/2015

We hired the Philly Hair & Makeup Co to do hair and makeup for the bridal party and the entire experience was great. I had a trial about two months before the wedding and Ashley worked with me to figure out what kind of hair and makeup look I wanted and I was completely happy with the results. She is fun, great to work with, and did a beautiful job on me and all of my bridesmaids. I also really wanted to stick to a natural makeup look because I don't normally wear much makeup, so I was worried about hiring someone to do my makeup and having it look too heavy, but Ashley did a flawless job-- the makeup looked natural and beautiful and it was just perfect. Highly, highly recommend! My bridesmaids all looked gorgeous as well.

Sent on 07/01/2015

Ashley and her team were wonderful!! My bridesmaids and I had our hair and makeup done for my June 2015 wedding and we couldn’t have looked better. Ashley and Abby showed up on time and were extremely professional and so much fun to work with. They were easy to talk to and did a great job making all of the girls visions come to life. They mastered all different types of hair and complexions and made us look stunning!

Ashley was great about accommodating some last minute changes I wanted to make to my makeup and worked to make sure my hair was exactly how I envisioned. I felt like the most beautiful bride and everyone at the wedding commented on how great my hair and makeup looked.

I would recommend Ashley and her team to anyone. She is extremely talented, super professional, and as easy to talk to as one of your close girlfriends.

Sent on 06/24/2015

Jennifer · Married on 04/18/2015

Ashley was great! I did my hair and makeup trial in her new studio in Northern Liberties and then had my bachelorette party - everything held up the entire night. For the wedding day, Ashley and Christina came to our hotel and helped us figure out the timing of the morning to get us all ready on time (me, 3 bridesmaids, 2 mothers, 1 aunt and 1 cousin). They finished with plenty of time to spare and for touch-ups. I loved my hair and makeup!

Sent on 05/18/2015

Megan · Married on 04/11/2015

Working with Ashley and her team was a breeze from day one. She was friendly, responsive, professional, and made sure everything went smoothly. My hair and make up trial was easy and fun and really helped me envision how things would come together on the day of the wedding. On the wedding day she arrived on time and did a great job helping out all of my bridesmaids. I couldn't have been happier with the finished product and my hair and makeup lasted all night. Thanks to Ashley and her team my family and friends were picture perfect all day!

Sent on 06/24/2015

Ashley and her team are amazing! My bridesmaids and I had our hair done for my wedding in March 2015 and all of us felt so beautiful and glamorous. We radiated the whole day; one of my BMs even said that it was the best her hair had ever looked (I agreed). It was truly more than I could have asked for.

My hair was absolutely perfect – even better than I envisioned – and I felt like a movie star all day and night (yes, it lasted way after the reception, into the after party!). I wouldn't have wanted anyone else to do my hair because Ashley and her team were wonderful!! She made me feel my absolute best on my favorite day ever.

Please, if you are looking for a super talented and fun professional for your day, call Ashley now! She will make you feel like a million dollars.

Sent on 04/13/2015
  • Sheila

Sheila · Married on 03/20/2015

Ashley was beyond amazing and the quality of the service provided was exceptional. She provides on location hair and make up so that the bride does not have to schlep everyone to a salon, which takes away so much stress on the day of the wedding. She is incredibly professional and I absolutely loved my hair and make up. I give Ashley my highest recommendation.

Sent on 03/23/2015

Kim · Married on 12/27/2014

Everything about The Philly Hair and Makeup Co was fantastic! I organized everything through Ashley, who was very prompt with responses, and had Jaclynn as my stylist. She came out to my apartment for my trial and was very easy to work with. I showed her a picture I found online and was able to replicate it perfectly. I'm also not a big makeup wearer in general and she was able to give me a great look without looking too made up. Day of, she came to the hotel we were getting ready at, and everything ran right on schedule. My hair and make up came out even better day of! My bridesmaids just had their hair done but they were all extremely happy with the results. Also important note, they are very competitively priced for the Philly market!

Sent on 01/27/2015

Amara · Married on 11/29/2014

Christina did an outstanding job on my and my bridal party's hair. We all got extensive compliments on how great it looked and were so happy with the results. She was flexible, personable and very easy to work with and I have been recommending her to every bride I know!

Sent on 12/02/2014

Jen · Married on 11/22/2014

Ashley was amazing on my wedding day. She did a few of my bridesmaids hair and my make up. She even did my mom and mother-in-law's make-up. We all received compliments all day. She made me look natural and feel beautiful.
    She was also very flexible and accommodating. My mother-in-law was a little nervous about getting her make-up done but Ashley let her watch the others getting theirs done to assure he she would look beautiful. She made us all feel special on my wedding day. Thank you Ashley! I would recommend her to anyone that is looking for a make-up artist or hair stylist for their wedding day.

Sent on 12/05/2014

Celia · Married on 11/15/2014

Ashley and Christina were absolutely amazing to work with on my wedding day! Not only did they do an AMAZING job on everyone's hair and make up, but we all had so much fun hanging out with them all morning long. They jumped right in with all our jokes and make everyone feel so comfortable. From the first day I contacted Ashley until the day of the wedding, communication was easy, talking with her was fun and her professionalism and talent exceeded all my expectations! I can't even count all the compliments the girls and I got for our hair and make up all day long - everyone looked perfect and until the very end, not a hair or eyelash even moved!

I would HIGHLY recommend Ashley and her team to do hair and make up for any wedding or event anyone has. They will listen to what you want and make you look gorgeous without piling on tons and tons of makeup and hairspray. Can't thank them enough for being apart of our special day!

Sent on 01/15/2015