The Perfect Portrait Reviews

100 | Estes Park, CO

100 Reviews for The Perfect Portrait

Cindy · Married on 10/15/2010

I couldn't recommend Melanie and Randy highly enough! We got married in the mountains and had to change locations at the very last minute. Melanie and Randy took charge, got us to another gorgeous location and were so flexible about this! Unobtrusive during the ceremony and so professional. My whole family loved working with them, as did we! Melanie thought of every detail before, during and after the ceremony, even down to the music. We haven't seen the photos yet, but know they will be perfect. Thanks Melanie and Randy, I'll be shouting you out to every one I know! Cindy and Mike

Sent on 10/17/2010

dana · Married on 10/09/2010

Melanie and Randy are awesome!!! They were more than photographers on our wedding day. Our venue's coordinator was sick, and we had no one from the venue to help on our wedding day. Melanie jumped right in and made sure that our wedding daywent as smoothly as possible. Their pictures are stunning! They have such a great eye for the perfect pictures! Their wonderful personalities won everyone over and they helped people de-stress during all the festivities. They spent the entire day with us, making sure not to forget any pictures and they made sure that we got every single picture that we wanted. I can't recommend them enough. Their prices are fantastic....you get way more than you pay for. I wish I got to work with them on a weekly basis. They know what they are doing. My entire family loved them both. You can't go wrong with The Perfect Portrait :) I can't say enough good things about them...they were perfect!

Sent on 10/25/2010

Rachel · Married on 09/28/2010

My husband and I live in Illinois and have always wanted to see Colorado. We were planning trip for September, and just 5 weeks before leaving, decided we should get married while on our vacation! Needless to say, we didn't have much time to plan ANYTHING!! Luckily enough, we found a nice little place to hold our ceremony and the staff suggested we contact Melanie and Randy from Perfect Portrait to be our photographers.
    Melanie and Randy were wonderful from the very start! They worked with us on very little notice (and on our very little budget) and ended up giving us some of the nicest wedding pictures I have ever seen. They were so accomodating and really took us under their wing to ensure that we not only had beautiful pictures, but a beautiful wedding.

Sent on 12/23/2010

Pat · Married on 08/29/2010

Our Wedding
    Colorado | August, 2010 | Photographers
    View Their Wedding
    "August 29th, 2010 Wedding WOW!!!! x 5 Love, love, love Melanie and Randy Humphries (out of Estes Park, CO)!!! The BEST photo coverage I've ever seen at a wedding.....my sister and uncle were wedding photographers and didn't even come close to the professional coverage that The Perfect Portrait provide.....our package was for a 2 day coverage and am glad for it as we just couldn't be everywhere but they sure seemed to be!!!! They have created a wonderful master piece of memories for both of our families and friends. If you have any hesitation on whether or not to hire them for your event/wedding, have no more....you will NEVER regret your decision to bring them on board. They were absolutely fun to work with, have a knack at finding everyone's comfort zone and are just warm, kind, loving individuals....the candid pictures they obtain are as amazing as the portrait pictures. Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts.
    Pat/Jim and Melanie/Ryan"

Sent on 10/20/2010

Sharon · Married on 08/07/2010

Melanie and Randy are not merely wedding photographers but wedding planners. From their web site I knew the pictures would be amazing, and they were, but I had no idea how helpful and thoughtful they would be. We intended to have a simple ceremony in Estes Park, at Lily Lake, with just a few family and friends. Melanie kept in touch the week before the wedding with weather reports and back up plans in case of rain. Though they had a busy weekend with other weddings, they offered to be flexible with their time, because of the weather and their professionalism in wanting the best pictures possible. Again, because it was to be a simple service, there were so many things I hadn't thought of, such as music, which they provided. Above and beyond doesn't begin to describe all that they did. I will always be grateful to them for the wonderful memories they photographed and also helped to create.

Sent on 08/31/2010

Lisa · Married on 06/26/2010

Randy and Mel are that rare find - what every bride wants in her photographer but has a hard time believing exists! They went above and beyond for us from beginning to end. Mel was more than a photographer for me, she was my support and guide, cheering me on as we talked during the engagement session and taking care not to miss a single memorable moment the day of our wedding. Randy and Mel are a dream team, and I still can't believe the amazing service, photos, and experience we were so fortunate to have had for our special day. I have been blessed by their raw talent and genuine care. Randy and Mel: I can never thank you enough for capturing my dreams so beautifully! I have been blessed!!!!
    -Love Lisa

Have you every wondered what it is like to be treated like a movie star? You can for a day with The Perfect Portrait. My wife and I never thought it was possible to afford crème de la crème photographers for our wedding, but we were able to with The Perfect Portrait. The skills of the photographers are truly amazing. They have mastered their craft. But it gets better… Mel and Randy are exceptional people and have treated us like family. My wife and I are very proud they were part of our wedding, more importantly we our proud to call them our friends now. Lisa and I thank you both for providing our family with a lifetime of beautiful pictures. You captured each moment perfectly. To two of the most gracias and beautiful people I have met… Randy and Mel thank you for everything.
    - Love Darrick

Sent on 08/11/2010

Vito · Married on 06/18/2010

Handling all details through the internet and phone can be a real challenge. But, working with Melanie and Randy was a pleasure and we would recommend them highly.

Details, quality and real personal service are not just words to them, but are what they provided. The photographs, both in quality and creativity, are a hit with all our friends. The day of the event, Randy and Melanie worked well with all the guests and bridal party were a "comfortable" part of the wedding.

True professionals always seem to make the work seem easy, The Perfect Portrait's team helped to put us at-ease and we love the results!

Sent on 07/07/2010

Starlene · Married on 06/09/2010

Melanie & Randy were a joy to work with. They are a very happy couple that love what they do (we could tell). We felt like it was our day, they didnt worry about time or how many pics where taken. All they care about was making sure they grabbed every moment for us to remember when we got back home to Nebraska.

Thank you again for everything Melanie we enjoyed working with you and will encourge others who have there wedding in Estes Park Colorado to pick you as there photographers. You took amazing pictures of us and Elkhorn Lodge.

Love Stacey & Starlene Orlando
    from Nebraska

Sent on 06/16/2010

Rebecca · Married on 04/28/2010

Our wedding pictures were wonderful and it was a fun experience!

Sent on 05/10/2010

The Perfect Portrait's reply:

thanks you guys.......

Glennda · Married on 04/25/2010

Wow! Without Melanie and Randy we would have never been able to share our memories of the best day of our lives with the people we care about so much.They were great they started off by attending our rehersal and rehersal dinner in which they did a great job taking photos of our friends and family. On our Wedding day they showed up right on time and took picture after picture. They then offer a next day photo all included in their very reasonable pricing. However we have not done that yet. Our feet were too tired from dancing too much the night before. But Melanie said we could schedule another time to do it in the future. Which I thought was great customer service. All I can say is that if you are looking for a great photographer you will not go wrong with The Perfect Portrait!

Sent on 07/03/2010
  • F

Jen · Married on 06/26/2009

Melanie and Randy were a true find. We were frustrated beyond belief by the cost of wedding photography. When we found Mel and Randy we truly could not believe what they were offering and for the unbelievably reasonable price. They captured every aspect of our special weekend and at the end it felt like we had friends of the family photographing our wedding. We could not have asked for more from this wonderful team!

Sent on 07/07/2010

Beth · Married on 10/26/2008

In a setting like Estes Park, the background is so important to get into photos. After all, why travel so far for that setting if you're not going to be able to look back in your album and see it. The Perfect Portrait got beautiful shots of the wedding party and the families and incorporated the background that was so important to get. The pictures are absolutely gorgeous. They were a pleasure to work with and it added one LESS thing to stress about on the wedding day. Beautiful!

Sent on 06/18/2011

Cedes · Married on 10/05/2013

Melanie and Randy were fantastic. We had a great time taking lots of fun pictures!

Sent on 10/07/2013

Richard · Married on 09/15/2012

We loved the photographs taken by Melanie and Randy. The quality is excellent and the experience itself was delightful and fun. They worked very efficiently and produced inspired compositions. The lighting was beautifully done. I would highly recommend them for any photographic event.

Sent on 02/06/2013

Tracy · Married on 06/21/2012

We just love Meli and Randy, they do amazing work. They really captured the event!

Sent on 06/23/2012

Candice · Married on 05/22/2012

This team is amazing and they made my wedding picture perfect. They made everything run smoothly for me, my mother and the groom. When they found out my husband and I did not want to see each other before the ceremony they made a schedule so we could have all the photo's we wanted, start on time, and still not see each other (they carried walkie talkies to make sure). Melanie stayed on top of my Bridesmaids to make sure everything ran smoothly so I did not have to. They are an amazing team with true talent and I would hightly recommend them to any bride who wants to look amazing and feel like a fairy tale princess.

Sent on 05/28/2012

Sarah · Married on 08/05/2010

They did an excellent job with photos, they are very personable and make it easy to do pictures.

Sent on 08/09/2010

Melanie and Randy go above and beyond to provide quality service and got back to me immediately, as well as posted the photo's very quickly after the wedding.

Sent on 09/21/2012

Carissa · Married on 08/25/2012

The photographers really captured our day beautifully! From formal family pictures to helping us have fun and take silly ones they covered it all. They were amazing!!

Sent on 09/11/2012

Melanie and Randy were wonderful. When our wedding coordinator was being slack, Melanie stepped up as drill sergeant!

Sent on 09/06/2012

Mary · Married on 07/12/2011

Melanie & Randy Humphrey really captured the special moments without being intrusive.They were extremely reliable, personable,friendly & efficient.

Sent on 07/14/2011

Lisa · Married on 12/28/2009

They did a beautiful job with our pictures and were really able to capture how everything felt during the ceremony!

Sent on 01/19/2010

3.5

Melanie and Randy were very friendly. Each are talented in different ways and they work well together as a team. They had a lot of different ideas and poses already laid out to pick out. They had pictures up very quickly. I would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 06/01/2013

Amy · Married on 10/23/2010

Melanie and Randy were fantastic. I had a strick budget and Melanie was willing to work with me on what my needs were. Thier engery and flexiblity really made our pictures turnout GREAT! I couldn't thank them enought.

Sent on 12/28/2010

Melanie and Randy were wonderful to work with and our pictures turned out amazing.

Sent on 01/22/2013