The Perfect Portrait Reviews

100 | Estes Park, CO

100 Reviews for The Perfect Portrait

• F

Ray · Married on 05/19/2012

They act as part of your family and accordingly, want everything to be perfect for you. They were with us not only for the wedding and reception but from the Friday night rehearsal dinner all the way through to the Sunday morning farewell brunch.
    I would recommend them strongly to anyone who wishes to preserve their special weekend for ever.

Sent on 05/26/2012

Joe · Married on 04/22/2012

I cannot begin to tell the world how absolutely delighted we are to have found Melanie and Randy! From the very first contact my fiance made with them until now (as we are steadily getting our galleries loaded online,) we could not imagine our wedding photography being any better. There are so many positives that if weddingwire would let us have 10 stars, they would be a perfect 10. For the details...
    We had our wedding at Della Terra and I can't imagine only having one photographer on site for such a great place. They split up (Randy with the guys and Melanie with the girls) for the pre-wedding pictures. They were extremely accommodating and made sure that we did not see each other before the ceremony by using walkie talkies to keep track of each other. With such an expansive venue, I don't think one photographer could do a couple justice.
    They met with us when we arrived and took a couple of shots at their studio (surprise :) ) and used those pictures to give to our guests, so that they would be able to view our pictures as they were uploading them. As most of our guests were just in for the day, this was a great way to make sure that they would have access without us having to email.
    Photos started to show up in our gallery early on the day after our event, and I think we are up to probably 15 folders currently!
    On a side note, we had a couple of problems with another part of our event and they bent over backwards to try to help solve the problem by contacting friends of theirs in town the day of our wedding and have continued to go over and above the call of duty with prompt emails responses, phone communications and even providing some local knowledge after our wedding to make our stay even better.

Again, I could write all night, but won't. Just know that if you are getting married in Estes Park and you're looking for a fantastic photographer, I don't think you could go wrong with Melanie and Randy!

Sent on 05/08/2012

Matthew · Married on 03/19/2012

My wife and I could not have been happier with Melanie and Randi. Within minutes of inquiring about their services they were in contact with us answering questions and sending pictures of potential locations for our wedding on a weekend. That was heads and toes above the responsiveness we got from other potential photographers and wedding planners. I was in constant communication with Melanie getting everything planned and organized. They connected us with a wonderful local pastor and had suggestions for every little thing we needed to get done. She also went out on a brutally cold winter morning and took some pictures of locations for us just so we could see since we were out of town. We ended up going with the location she recommended and couldn't have been happier. They were wonderful and very professional in the photography and we couldn't have been happier.

Sent on 03/19/2012

Tamera · Married on 02/14/2012

Melanie and Randy were great. Melanie returned my phone calls and worked with me long distance with what we were looking for in wedding pictures.
    They made us feel like family and the pictures speak for them selves , we could not be more pleased. We have a wonderful DVD with music for our reception . Melanie also saved the day and played music for me .
    we will always remember the Humphreys when we look at our pictures and think of our special day.

Sent on 02/22/2012

Mueller · Married on 01/14/2012

Melanie and Randy are wonderful photographers and people. They made every step of the process clear and simple. They made the photo shoot fun which meant that they captured the true joy and excitement of the day. We will cherish the photos forever.

Thank you for being a part of our momentous occasion.

Sent on 02/05/2012

Joy · Married on 10/14/2011

Randy and Melanie Humphrey are not only excellent wedding photographers in Estes Park, but they go above and beyond your expectations. Melanie helped me get into my difficult, but beautiful wedding dress and transported me in one piece (she wrapped me up in sheet so my dress stayed clean) to Lily Lake for the ceremony. Melanie even picked out some nice music to play from her iPod....you can choose your own music, but I trusted her to pick out something nice. They even followed us to the reception at The Stanley Hotel for more photos under the same affordable price. I highly recommend them to all bride's out there!!

Sent on 10/26/2011

Deborah Dawn · Married on 10/01/2011

I have sent this information in now the third time. The website doesn't go all the way through and sends me back here.

Sent on 11/02/2011

Adena · Married on 09/01/2011

Wonderful & easy to work with. Understood what we wanted in our pictures & made it happen. Pictures came out absolutely beautiful! Would highly recommend them to take care of your special day!
    Thanks! The Clarks!

Sent on 09/17/2011

Corey · Married on 07/30/2011

The perfect portrait was a wonderful company to use for our daugher's wedding! We had a terrific experience and everything turned out perfect. Melanie and Randy are great to work with and are with you every step of the way.

Sent on 08/08/2011

Catherine · Married on 07/30/2011

Amazing job! We loved everything!

Sent on 08/09/2011

Anastsia · Married on 07/17/2011

Melanie and Randy did a fabulous job at not only calming my nerves but setting up some wonderful photos for us to cherish for the rest of our lives. Their positive attitude and professionalism was exhibited right from the first phone call to the last photo taken.

One thing that I found extremely pleasant, outside of what was already mentioned, was that Melanie and Randy were not intrusive...you never knew they were there taking photos - they blended in and mingled with the guests which provided some wonderful candid shots.

Sent on 07/22/2011

Linda · Married on 07/10/2011

We knew we had found the perfect partners for our wedding photography when my daughter Ashley and I met Melanie and Randy Humphries of “The Perfect Portrait” in Estes Park during our first interview. We knew from the beginning that the wedding planning would be challenging with many hurdles to jump: the wedding site was out of Boulder, Ashley lived in Fort Collins (2 hours away) and was working 3 jobs, while I lived in Southern California as a full time elementary school teacher. All the planning and coordination had to be long distance on a wing, a prayer, a handshake and a lot of trust. Although many, many hurdles popped up along the way with the different vendors, including the wedding site going through 3 different wedding planners during the time our wedding was on the books, the photography remained the one true constant. Melanie often took on the title of “wedding planner” lining up other choices when something fell through during the last couple of months before the wedding date, with a smile, a phone call and a solution. Melanie and Randy were not only professional, compulsive (with incredible attention to detail) and true to their word, but compassionate, helpful, responsible, respectful of the families wishes while blending into the background to flawlessly get the job done, while becoming friends and family through the process. Through the kind and gentle guidance of Melanie and Randy, the day before the wedding, as well as the wedding day itself became the true celebration of friends, family and the beginning of Ashley and Chase’s new life together we had all hoped for and more! The wedding photos are absolutely amazing and so beautiful, the rehearsal photos captured all the silly oopsies and smiles. The photos captured the incredible mountain venue using traditional settings, along with whimsical settings, dramatic settings and informal spur of the moment settings. Their intuitive ability to bring out the best in every member and every setting made for the spectacular family heirlooms we will have from this wedding celebration. The reception video brought a connection to the past with pictures of Ashley and Chase growing up bringing tears of joy, tears of memories of those no longer with us, and tears of hope for the future ahead for Ashley and Chase. Words will never adequately express the gratitude I have for Melanie and Randy Humphries and their flawless professional manner of handling their business with a handshake, a promise to live up to the trust given to them, and a finished product that exceeded every expectation!! It is our pleasure to include Melanie and Randy as members of our close community of friends and family.

Sent on 10/09/2011

Amy · Married on 07/09/2011

Melanie and Randy Humphrey were fantastic! They not only provided beautiful pictures for us, but they helped coordinate our wedding. From the rehersal walk all the way to the wedding reception. We could not had done it without them. They helped make everything run so smooth and effortless that it made everything go with ease. I would highly recommend them to any bride and groom!

Sent on 07/17/2011

Anne · Married on 06/20/2011

Melanie and Randy know all kinds of tricks and special types of pictures to take that I have never seen from any other photographers. They are great to work with and the quality of their work is outstanding.

Sent on 06/30/2011

Ashley · Married on 06/20/2011

Melanie and Randy were amazing! They got photos of everything and really captured peoples personality. My husbands family hates photos and we now finally have some great ones. I couldnt be happier. My family has used them for senior pictures, family photos and my wedding. We vacation every year in CO and would never go to anyone else in the area.

Sent on 06/30/2011
  • W

Heather and Mike · Married on 06/18/2011

Both Melanie and Randy were there for us the entire weekend. They were able to take amazing shots without us ever feeling like they were in the way. Not only are they great photographers but their knowledge of the area is extremely beneficial! They were able to suggest other great vendors as well as work closely with the vendors we had already chosen. They have a great inside knowledge of the estes park area that ended up being a huge help to us.

Sent on 07/23/2011

Blanche · Married on 06/12/2011

This was a destination wedding and I called Melanie first to find out their packages/prices and availability. I was unsure how to proceed but within a few moments, Melanie set my mind at ease, recommended several other vendors that I might be interested in, and answered all of my questions. In the following days, I called/emailed her many times and she always answered in a positive, reassuring way. We made our arrangements and when the day arrived, Melanie and Randy were ready, excited, and provided the guidance and reassurance my daughter and I needed. The success of our wedding was largely determined by our partnership with Melanie. I HIGHLY recommend them!!

Sent on 06/22/2011

Melesia · Married on 06/04/2011

Randy and Melanie were wonderful! From the moment we met untill we said our last good byes we felt as though they were friends doing us a special favor, not working. Our unforgettable occasion was our wedding day, June 4, 2011. The Humphreys captured all the love and happiness we were feeling so that we can always return to that time of joy with just a glimps. They are perfect wedding photographers, inspiring, still working, laughing, and loving after years of marriage themselves, thank you guys!

Mr and Mrs Daniel Roberts

Sent on 07/20/2011

Sarah · Married on 05/28/2011

Melanie and Randy were awesome!! They were very professional and if I could give them more stars for value of cost I would. They helped us more than words can describe to keep our wedding as inexpensive as possible while providing quality and beautiful prints. I couldn't have asked for better. Thank you guys!!

Sent on 06/01/2011

Vicki · Married on 04/23/2011

Melanie and Randy were EXCELLENT to work with. The quality of their work was superior - Thank you!!!

Sent on 05/15/2011

Kayla · Married on 04/08/2011

Melanie is very good at what she does. She is funny and professional, she fit in with the whole family great! She got all the pictures we wanted and more. Also, she got the pictures to us very fast and they are fantastic! If we ever had another event in the area of estes park, I would deff. use The Perfect Portrait again.

Sent on 04/14/2011

Carol · Married on 03/12/2011

Melonie and Randy were super!!!! I would recommend every one to choose Melonie and Randy for their special occasion. They made our family feel so important and the pictures are priceless.

Carol Koefoot Seitz

Sent on 03/15/2011

Kristine · Married on 03/12/2011

Melanie and Randy were delightful and professional. They did a wonderful job!

Sent on 03/15/2011

Christine · Married on 12/31/2010

The "Perfect Portrait" is an understatement, Melanie and Randy went beyond anything I could of ever imagined in capturing my wedding day. The photo's brang to life my ceremony... Although our families were not at our ceremony, Melanie and Randy, thru pictures transferred all the emotions of love, intimacy, beauty, laughter, tears, joy, excitment and brought them to life, click by click, picture by picture, so that our families will get to experience the day with us as if they all were there. As I look at our pictures, our wedding day seems just as if it was happening all over again, the memories of the day are so real... A dream that I could only imagine, came true with tremendous effort from Melanie and Randy. I am truly grateful.... Christine Gensler, Edgerton, Wisconsin

Sent on 01/05/2011

Jami · Married on 12/04/2010

Our experience with Melanie and Randy has been wonderful, from start to finish. From providing me with excellent referrals for the cake, flowers, etc. to serving as sort of a "coordinator" overall. We had some complication and confuison with the church we were being married at, and Melanie helped us work through that, and was very flexible for last minute changes that were needed. They have alot of great ideas, and I am confident that our wedding turned out so much better because of their involvement. Not to mention the picutres - which turned out GREAT. Having both Melanie and Randy there provided great coverage, and they had great ideas for the photos. The pictures really turned out good, and we are so thankful to have had the opportunity to work with both Melanie and Randy.h Melanie and Randy.ps/blo

Sent on 12/19/2010