The Perfect Portrait Reviews

100 | Estes Park, CO

100 Reviews for The Perfect Portrait

cory · Married on 06/14/2013

We have never hired a photographer before. We needed one for our wedding at The Stanley Hotel in Estes Park. From the time I contacted Melanie and Randy Humphrey from The Perfect Portrait Photography I knew that they would make sure we were well taken care of and everything would go perfectly. We had great communication with them and they were both just great people! We felt so at ease with them and so much fun! They knew exactly what they were doing. They were very professional and fun at the same time. It was almost as if we had known them for a very long time! We would recommend them for any occasion and would be more than happy to use them again!

Sent on 06/16/2013

Randy and Melanie Humphrey of The Perfect Portrait Photography are very good people. They made us feel so at ease, almost like we've known them all of our lives. They knew exactly what they were doing and where to get the best shots. They have a lot of experience and it shows!!! Their help and expertise made our whole experience something that we will never forget!!!!!!!!

Thanks again Randy and Melanie!!

Sent on 06/23/2013

Tim · Married on 05/25/2013

Melanie and Randy with Perfect Portrait were both amazing. Every aspect of our experience with them was above and beyond what we expected. They both clearly love what they do and that is a big plus. The pictures they took at our wedding were all incredible. We also got lots of compliments from our guests about them and the pictures they took. You get a lot for your money as well. I highly recommend them!!!

Sent on 06/03/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 05/25/2013

The Perfect Portrait were amazing. They really captured every moment of our special day for us. Not only our special day, but they were there to take photos of our rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, and even the day after our wedding. They also took the time to help us with other things that we needed that day. My husband and I will definitely use the Perfect Portrait again to capture special moments for us, and we will recommend them to friends as well.

Sent on 11/10/2013

Julie · Married on 04/13/2013

Melanie and Randy were absolutely amazing. They truly are experts at what they do. They were so helpful and kind throughout the whole wedding weekend. They were so knowledgeable about the wedding process and coordination, it would have been chaotic without them. I appreciate all of the expertise they brought into making our day so memorable. They are absolutely wonderful.

Sent on 04/23/2013

Kay · Married on 04/13/2013

Wow...can't say enough great comments about Randy and Melanie. They are "super" terrific professional people/photographers. They were helpful in everyway. They have very creative ideas for the bride and groom, yet are open to the bridial party's ideas for photos. They were avaliable when we needed help, yet faded into the background otherwise. I would strongly recommend Melanie and Randy as wedding photographers!!

Sent on 04/28/2013

Kay · Married on 04/13/2013

The Perfect Portrait owners, Randy and Melanie, were wonderful. My daughters wedding would not have excetuted near as smooth without them. Kind, caring, professional, all describe Randy and Melanie. They could not do enough to make sure that my daughters wedding was perfect for her. I had read their reviews on line and thought, "yea, right".....but they were true to the reviews.....EXCELLANT. You would be extremely pleased if you used The Perfect Portrait for your wedding photos!!!

Sent on 08/01/2013

Catherine · Married on 03/23/2013

Melanie and Randy were a true delight to work with from day one, and were extremely personable to all family members and friends at all times. They not only enhanced all wedding events and festivities, but they became almost honorary family as they were so helpful and supportive to all of the wedding party and guests. They went above and beyond all calls of duty. They are very passionate, dedicated, and talented artists. I would recommend them to anyone that needs to photograph an important event. They will do it with style and grace. Their work is amazingly beautiful and never overdone. They truly capture personalities of individuals as they are. Their canvas, Estes Park, is one of a kind, and adds a beautiful backdrop to any photo they take.

Sent on 03/30/2013

Sam · Married on 03/23/2013

Melanie and Randy were a valued and welcomed addition to the festivities. They were flexible, accommodating and were well recieved by everyone. They were familiar with, and worked with the other vendors seamlessly. They covered everything and worked professionally any joyously. It was a pleasure to have them around. The photographic results are gorgeous. Our highest recommendations. Sam and Paula Bratton, father and mother of the bride.

Sent on 03/31/2013

Sandy · event on 03/11/2013

We loved working with Melanie and Randy. They made everything simple and we had a blast. The photos turned out amazing and the experience was much more than we could have ever expected!!!!!!!

Sent on 03/14/2013

Tanya · Married on 02/09/2013

The pictures taken by Melanie and Randy were Beautiful. I have lasting memories of my daughter's wedding.... Thank you.

Sent on 02/12/2013

Teresa · Married on 12/28/2012

Melanie and Randy were great to work with. Their package included engagement pictures, rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, preparations for wedding, wedding, reception, dance, any family pictures that we wanted, a book containing 100 pictures, and the CD with copyright. They gave us great suggestions for who to get to perform ceremony and do the flowers. They were very flexible and quick to respond to phone calls and e-mails. The day of the wedding Melanie even provided me a hand muff that totally complemented my winter wedding look and helped to keep my hands warm (ceremony was outside). They braved the cold weather to get as many pictures as possible outside. Last but not least, the pictures are beautiful and really captured all the important moments.

Sent on 01/16/2013

They were really great to work with and we absolutely love the way our photos turned out!! Couldn't have asked for a more friendly couple to shoot our wedding photos! They also took day after photos which I had never seen offered by others during my search for photographers and thought that was a great option to have!! Thank you so much Melanie and Randy!!

Sent on 10/23/2012

Melanie and Randy are wonderful to work with--so accommodating and the photography is great. We used them for a family photo in the mountains several years ago and when we decided to get married in Estes, they were our first choice. We highly recommend them.

Sent on 09/22/2012

Connie · Married on 08/04/2012

Melanie and Randy had creative ideas about settings for the pictures. They were so gracious and receptive to the special requests that we had. They were a fun addition to the party. And the pictures turned out WONDERFUL!

Sent on 08/14/2012

Janine · Married on 07/24/2012

So glad we found The Perfect Portrait on the internet! Melanie and her husband were a great team that were very professional yet personable. They were open to suggestions on poses that we had, yet had many various ideas of their own. Since we were from out of town, Melanie made sure that we had our photos in record speed and there are so many great photos to chose from! I highly recommend them....we couldn't have asked for better service and quality :)

Sent on 08/05/2012

Holly · Married on 07/20/2012

Melanie and Randy are the best! We felt very comfortable and relaxed with them. They have been so helpful with making sure our day would be the best day. Melanie also provided some ideas and other vendors to use. I loved the location I picked for the ceremony and Melanie had so many great ideas for us girls and our pictures before hand. My husband really enjoyed and relied on Randy the day of the wedding. Both Randy and Melanie give you so much personal attention it was calming for both of us. Melanie even helped me put the arch together just hours before the ceremony. She just jumped in!

My family enjoyed their company and style through all the family photos. Melanie was able to get my Father to smile and that is nearly impossible for a photo! My friends couldn't believe the amount and quality of the photos taken. They are all keepers! One of my bridesmaids went to another wedding two days after mine and said our photographers put this other guy to shame by leaps and bounds. She was so happy for me and also sad for her cousin.

It really pays to get the best photographers you can. It is so many moments that are captured beautifully for a lifetime! And on top of everything, they have been so patient with us to respond to them in our extremely busy life at the current time. They are always happy to talk to us on the phone.

Have any doubts? Well don't! These two are the best and love what they do! It really does show in their work! You too will have amazing pictures to enjoy forever!

We thank you for everything Melanie and Randy!!
    You two are THE BEST!!!!
    Dave and Holly

Sent on 11/11/2012

Billie Jo · Married on 07/09/2012

Melanie and Randy were amazing! They know where to go to get the pictures you want. They will be our photographers for life!!!

Sent on 07/20/2012

From the beginning Melanie and Randy went above and beyond in all aspects of photographing our wedding. They met with us in their home and even showed us around Estes Park. They helped us find other vendors in the area, all of which turned out perfectly in themselves. They provided gorgeous engagement pictures free of charge. They were in constant communication with us throughout the entire year prior to our wedding. They provided the perfect balance of time management, professionalism, creativity, listened to our opinions, and especially fun. Everyone felt like they were part of our family during our wedding weekend and so did we. Of the preview Melanie gave us of our wedding pictures between the ceremony and reception, they were absolutely perfect. Melanie and Randy are absolute creative geniuses with a camera and it was so amazing to see how truly excited they were to photograph our wedding regardless of how many they have done in the past. It was clear how much they love their job and their passion and dedication showed beautifully in the pictures they took. If you are having a wedding, especially in Estes Park, Colorado, you absolutely must have The Perfect Portrait photograph it. No exceptions. They worked so hard to make sure our day was special and our memories were saved and we are forever thankful.

Sent on 07/10/2012
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 06/29/2012

Melanie and Randy were the BEST!!!! They were so helpful with everything and flexible so that it would fit our schedule. The day of the wedding it was so relaxing not to have to worry about getting all of our pictures done. They had it planned out completely and we were able to get all the pictures we wanted and not be rushed or bump into each other before the wedding. I would highly recommend them both. One of the best decisions we made, you definitely get your moneys worth!!!!!

Sent on 08/21/2012

Stephanie · Married on 06/16/2012

They were fantastic at coordinating the day of! They knew exactly what they were doing and have us direction and organization, which is very hard to do with any groups of people!! They worked well together and with everyone and captured every moment of our very special day!!! I would highly, highly recommend them to anyone!!!

Sent on 06/19/2012

Lindsay · Married on 06/02/2012

If I could give Melanie and Randy 100 stars I would! There are not enough words allowed in this review to express how thankful we are to have had them as photograpgers at our wedding. We received so many compliments from family and friends about how amazing our photographers were. Our pictures are beautiful, they know where and when the best photo opt will be without hesitation. We have thousands of beautiful pictures to pick from and can not wait to hang them in our house.
    On top of excellent quality, Melanie was great to communicate with and easy to work with. She would get back to me within 24 hours reguarding all my crazy questions. She was felxible (in more ways than one after seeing her get into some of her positions to capture the best picture! ) and very accomidating to the bride. This was huge considering how much stress is involved in a wedding.
    Melanie and Randy are not just photographers, they were checking the weather forcast every hour, getting us cocktails in between photo ops, making us laugh when we needed it, driving the train when it could have easily been derailed, and Melanie even gave me tips on how to use the bathroom with my dress on! Melanie also recommended the girls that did our hair and they were amazing to work with and we looked fabulous. They even put up with and had fun with all our crazy friends!
    After reading bridal magazines for the past year I had all these ideas for "cute and trendy" shots. I did not even have to tell them about this because they are just as up to date if not more than I was. She had all the props in her bag of tricks without me even askinging.
    I also appreciated her asking ahead of time the details such as who should/should not be photographed together, are there any special items you would like us to photograph you with, do you want to go on or offsite for photos, basically little details that you do not want to be bothered with the day of.
    We chose to stay on site for all our photos for convienience and I was nervouse about this. Melanie said it would be fine but I could not see all the potential Melanie and Randy did with our site. After seeing our pictures we could have been married in a landfill and our pictures would have been magazine perfect. Melanie goes through each and every picture and removes power lines, random people in the background, basically anything that is not supposed to be in the picture will not be.
    Because they photographed our rehersal they knew who was who on wedding day. This made the day of flow so well. At the rehersal they handed out slips of paper with photo start times for family, wedding party, bride and groom, ect. so everyone knew where to be at what time on wedding day. After our rehersal they went home and printed up a wallet size picture of us along with their info and directinos on how to view the pictures online after the wedding. They placed one for each of our guests on the reception tables. This way everyone can view the photos without hesitation. How thoughtful.
    The day of the wedding Randy was on the golf course with the guys by 8am and Melanie was in our bridal suite at 10am when the girls started to get ready.
    They were with us the entire day!
    Considering all the above, most important THEY ARE AFFORDABLE AND WORTH EVERY PENNY!!! Both my husband and I agree we made a great choice and are thankful we did. We look forward to more of lifes special moments as we know we have great photographers to help us capture those special moments in life. Thanks again Melanie and Randy

Sent on 06/07/2012

Lindasy · Married on 06/02/2012

They were with us the entire day!

Sent on 07/09/2012
  • Colleen

Colleen · Married on 05/26/2012

Melanie and Randy are absolutely the best! Photography was one of our wedding splurges (and honestly not even a huge splurge at $2,500), but it was worth every penny. Here is why...

Photos
    They take great and creative photos. They really know the Estes Park area through and through, so they have great ideas for how to shoot photos and good vistas.

Coverage
    They took pictures at the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, and were with us from first thing in the morning on the wedding day until the end of the reception. This is way more than most photographers. They also included an engagement session, and several other perks that were so special.

Logistical Help
    Having a wedding in Estes Park was a semi-destination wedding for us, as we live in Denver. Melanie and Randy were instrumental in giving us advice on other vendors and how to set up our day so that everything would go smoothly.

About 6 months before the wedding the building near our ceremony site burned, so there was no place for the girls to get ready. Melanie was EXTREMELY generous and opened her home to myself and the other ladies in the wedding party to get ready and get pictures. This was just completely above and beyond what they needed to do.

What stood out to me is that Melanie and Randy were not only interested in taking pictures - they were really helping the whole wedding day go smoothly. I don't know how we would have pulled it off without them.

I would definitely recommend the Perfect Portrait - this is definitely the photographer to use in Estes Park.

Sent on 05/31/2012

becky · Married on 05/26/2012

We can't begin to say how happy we were with the decision to have Randy and Melanie as the photographers for our daughter's wedding.
    The photos from the wedding weekend are just wonderful, but what we will equally remember are Melanie and Randy and all that they did for our entire family.
    Since this was a 'destination wedding' for our daughter and we live out-of-state, all of the usual wedding stress seemed to be compounded by the many 'what ifs'. Well, Randy and Melanie took care of all of those worries for us. From the moment we first met them (when I had flown to Colorado to help my daughter begin to make wedding arrangements), Melanie and Randy welcomed us like old friends and made us feel comfortable. We felt confident that we had found the people that we could have only dreamed of, to help us out with the wedding. They assured us that the photos would be great (and they are!), and they would help us along the way with details and worries, as well as serving as unofficial 'wedding coordinators' that weekend. They delivered everything they promised and more!

What can we say about Randy and Melanie as wedding photographers? Adjectives that come to mind are talented, welcoming, extremely kind, thoughtful, funny, helpful, organized...to name but a few of their many outstanding personal qualities. They are the best!!! To begin with, they are those people in life who you meet and immediately say, "Wow, what nice people!" "I wish I was their friend!" or as my 24 year old daughter (the Maid of Honor), said to me before the wedding, "I wish I was their grandchild!" Well....that says it all! Melanie and Randy are not only wonderful wedding photographers (and they are!!) they are just amazing people! Thanks to them, my stressed-out daughter (the Bride) had a smile on her face the entire weekend of the wedding....something for which I can never thank Randy and Melanie enough. After the wedding, my daughter told me that it was the "greatest weekend of her life" and I largely credit Randy and Melanie for helping to make that happen. Our entire family LOVED the wedding weekend spent with them. They were there helping us out from the moment we arrived in Estes Park (on Thursday evening) through the wedding reception Saturday night. It was sad when we had to say goodbye to them on Sunday evening....it was like saying goodbye to good friends or even family! That's how wonderful they are. Who knew that our wedding photographers would feel like family and make the entire wedding weekend fun, special, stress-free, organized, CALM, and memorable for every one of us! I mention 'wedding weekend' because unlike other photographers who only show up to shoot the wedding pictures for a few hours the day of the event, Melanie and Randy made themselves available to us all weekend long from our arrival, through the Rehearsal at church, Rehearsal dinner, wedding and of course the reception. We now will have great photos and memories from all of the events during the weekend!

On top of all that Melanie and Randy did for us, they went above and beyond the call of duty the morning of the wedding. The church where my daughter was to be married had suffered a devastating fire months before the wedding and there was absolutely no place for the Bride (or bridesmaids) to get dressed and wait before the wedding. Melanie and Randy came to the rescue and graciously opened their lovely home for us to use....12 of us in total!!! There were women and girls getting dressed, putting on makeup, etc.... all over their home...and Melanie kept everyone (especially the Bride) relaxed as she took photos. At the same time, Randy took the Groom and groomsmen out for a morning of photos and 'guy time.' Melanie even drove my daughter (in her car), to the chapel that was 30 minutes outside of town in the mountains, (on Memorial Day weekend with the traffic!) Since my daughter was already dressed in her wedding gown, Melanie was very sweet to wrap her in a clean white blanket and take good care of her. My daughter arrived at the chapel with a big smile on her face. What a great blessing that was!

Honestly, I don't know what we would have done without Melanie and Randy that weekend. They both have such a great attitude, are very organized, (yet calm), and are so welcoming and kind to the people they meet and interact with. I am so happy that Melanie and Randy were available for our daughter's wedding. They made her day (and wedding weekend) truly a wonderful, memorable event that she will remember for her entire lifetime. She was smiling the entire weekend.
    We can never thank them enough for making our daughter's wedding so very wonderful, stress-free (a biggie for her and us!) and memorable!!!

Sent on 06/12/2012