The Penn House Reviews

37 | Reidsville, NC

37 Reviews for The Penn House

Mary 路 Getting married on 06/06/2021

Amazing Service

We booked The Penn House for our wedding this past summer and I can't say enough about the quality service we received. Judy and her staff were amazing and the venue is such a beauty. Pricing is incredible and it is certainly one of the best deals around the Triad area! I highly recommend!

Sent on 01/06/2020

Holly Reid 路 Married on 03/14/2020

Just and Charlene were both so accommodating for our event! We had the best experience with planning and having our party!

I couldn鈥檛 be happier with our event and how things turned out. I had a surprise party for my husband鈥檚 40th birthday! Deep appreciation to Judy and Charlene for all their help! They helped me keep a secret and were amazing with corresponding undercover!馃槈 The Penn House is a beautiful event space. The Garden Room was perfect for the amount of people we were expecting (50-60).

Sent on 03/20/2020

Brittany Craig 路 Married on 12/14/2019

Absolutely Amazing

With a very short time to plan an elopement, The Penn House came through with everything and more. We are blown away by their accommodations, flexibility, and professionalism. We enjoyed every single second that we were at the venue and couldn't have asked to be anymore perfect or stress-free.

Sent on 01/06/2020
  • Cassidy

Cassidy 路 Married on 10/27/2019

Lovely and well worth it!

Incredible staff and super helpful. The penn house is absolutely gorgeous inside and out! We got so many compliments on the venue. The staff are in constant contact with you and have great response time! Great place to have a wedding or any other big event!

Sent on 10/29/2019

Gabriella Lopez 路 Married on 10/26/2019

Beyond perfect!

I cant thank Judy and Barbara for being so helpful through the planning of my wedding! Very efficient, quick response and stayed so patient with me! This venue is beyond gorgeous, very spacious and has a beautiful setting for inside and outdoor weddings. I wish I could rate this amazing venue and their staff higher than a 5 star!

Sent on 11/01/2019
  • Jeananne

Jeananne 路 Married on 10/19/2019

Stunning and Gorgeous

Judy and her staff are wonderful and amazing! They helped us out until the vet last minute and made our day that much better!! 鉂わ笍

Sent on 10/28/2019

Cheyenne 路 Married on 09/28/2019

The perfect place

I recently hired this venue for my special day, which will be coming up next September. The place is absolutely gorgeous, to die for too. I am so excited to not only be marrying the man of my dreams, but in such a dreamy place too!

Sent on 12/07/2018

Jenna Harmon Ellington 路 Married on 08/03/2019

Great Venue and Staff to work with!

My husband and I really enjoyed our experience with the Penn House for our wedding. The venue is beautiful and has many different locations to hold the ceremony and/or reception, the staff is very friendly and knowledgeable and was a pleasure to work with. The staff was always readily available when we had questions or needed assistance during the planning. On the wedding day, there was staff on site to help with anything that we needed throughout our allotted time period. I am so glad that we chose to have our wedding at the Penn House. It was a beautiful wedding and a great experience!

Sent on 08/15/2019
  • Allison

Allison 路 Married on 04/06/2019

Perfect Bridal Shower

The venue is beautiful and Amanda was extremely helpful on the day of the event. She had everything set up and all we had to do is walk in and wait for our guests. The house and grounds are perfect for a wedding or shower.

Sent on 03/18/2019
  • Mary

Mary 路 Married on 04/06/2019

A magical place

They are really helpful and the place is beautiful. I believe it is worth more than what they charge. Wonderful place to have a wedding!

Sent on 12/31/2019
  • April

April 路 Married on 09/30/2018

The Penn House was absolutely perfect for our wedding on 9/30/18. It was a destination wedding and I did not see the venue until the day before the wedding. I know sometimes photos can be deceiving but The Penn House exceeded my expectations. The house and grounds are so beautiful and required very little d茅cor. The staff was very friendly and flexible with whatever I wanted to do. The bridal suite and grooms suite were perfect for getting ready, the living room was great for our cocktail hour, and the greenhouse seated our 65 guests comfortably. Thank you so much for making my wedding memorable!

Sent on 10/03/2018
  • Michelle

Michelle Wright 路 Married on 05/12/2018

Gorgeous and so affordable!

As the mother of the bride, I highly recommend The Penn House as a wedding venue. The bride looked at several locations, and The Penn House cost was a fraction of the other venues. The grounds were beautiful, but if the weather had been bad the wedding could have been held on the covered porch or indoors.

We were able to go out on Friday and drop a lot of stuff off, fold napkins, and make the centerpieces, which we were able to leave there overnight. The staff was incredibly attentive but also unobtrusive - somehow they were always there when we needed them - whether it was filling in a hole in the outdoor aisle or making sure there was soap in the bathrooms.

Reidsville may seem out of the way, but now that the roadwork is done it's easily accessible from I40. The house is so beautifully romantic both inside and out - my daughter couldn't have found a more perfect venue, especially for the price!

Sent on 11/24/2018

Erica 路 Married on 06/17/2017

The staff were so supportive from start to finish! They sent me helpful checklists, and the staff present the day of the wedding went above and beyond!

Sent on 08/03/2017

Elizabeth 路 Married on 05/06/2017

The place was so beautiful & has so many options for your wedding day, rain or shine! The staff were very friendly & helpful.

Sent on 05/15/2017

Jordan 路 Married on 06/04/2016

This is a hidden GEM!!

We hosted a Bridal shower recently at The Penn House in Reidsville. From the very first call, Darcy and staff at the Penn House were "top notch" professional, helpful and prompt to get back to me when I had questions. They were so easy to work with! The House and grounds are gorgeous! Parking was easy. The rental fee was very economical. I will recommend over and over! This venue has SO MUCH to offer!

Sent on 08/12/2019

London 路 Married on 05/15/2016

Beautiful location. The grounds were so pretty we didn't have to be extravagant with d茅cor. It was tasteful and spacious. We had a great wedding and would do it all over again. Staff was great and easy to work with!

Sent on 05/26/2016

Gordon 路 event on: 02/27/2016

We just celebrated a milestone birthday for my wife and her twin sister at The Penn House in Reidsville. It was absolutely the perfect setting for this event. Amber was an exceptional coordinator who ensured all our needs were fulfilled beyond our expectations. Very professional but very much seemed a part of the family. The Penn House is such a treasure for Reidsville and Rockingham County and the friendly staff are so knowledgeable about how to plan, organize and deliver an exceptional experience for everyone on a special occasion such as this. I can't say enough about the positive experience we all shared that night and I'm glad we chose The Penn House and the caring staff there who more than contributed to the success of this special event.

Sent on 03/07/2016

Erin 路 Married on 09/26/2015

This was absolutely the perfect place for us to have our wedding. Amber was an excellent coordinator- extremely responsive and so, so helpful with our planning. The grounds/house are just beautiful, the price is unbelievable and everything turned out so well. We had terrible weather for our day but Susan (the staff member on-site the day of) just went above and beyond with helping us figure out rain plan B (it was so awful we couldn't even use the tent we paid for) and making sure things worked out. I could not more highly recommend Penn House if you are anywhere in the vicinity!

Sent on 10/06/2015

The Penn House's reply:

Thank you Erin for your kind words! We really enjoyed working with you and wish you many years of marital bliss. We are so glad that although there was bad weather, you were able to have a beautiful and memorable day. Thanks again for letting us be such a special part of your special day!
  • Brittany

Brittany 路 Married on 09/19/2015

I live in Reidsville and am getting married at the Penn House in September. Amber and Stacey are very friendly and great help! I definitely couldn't be saying I do with out you guys!!

Thank you for all the help!

Sent on 07/27/2015

The Penn House's reply:

Brittany, Thank you for your kind words. We are looking forward to your beautiful wedding at the Penn House! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day. And please let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist you.

Loan 路 Married on 06/07/2015

This is a great venue for outdoor wedding!

Sent on 06/16/2015

Kayla 路 Married on 08/09/2014

The penn house is an amazing venue! Stacey and Amber and professional and wonderful! They go above and beyond for their brides and help in any way to make your day special!

Sent on 01/09/2015

Debbie 路 Married on 08/02/2014

This is a WONDERFUL venue with FANTASTIC staff!! It was very affordable and provided everything we needed. Thank you so much to Amber, Stacy, and Sam for making a stressful day run so smoothly!!

Sent on 08/02/2014

Jennifer 路 Married on 06/20/2010

WOW! What a great value. This is a best kept secret. The gardens and grounds are beauiful and house is romantic and charming. The Penn House is owned by the City of Reidsville and the best value we could find. The staff were very professional and helpful. We had an outdoor wedding and reception.

Sent on 07/25/2010
  • User6541371 路 2+ years ago

Awesome venue and staff was very helpful and friendly our wedding was perfect!!

Sent on 11/09/2016

Dana 路 Married on 05/07/2016

Okay there brides, look no further! The value, flexibility, and quality of service are of none other. The grounds are well manicured, the elegance is among the highest, and the staff is sweeter than honey! After looking at a total of 27 venues between the triad areas (WS, GSO, Highpoint, and surrounding counties), We were married here on May 7, 2016. To this day our guests speak of the easy access parking, multiple bathrooms (can u believe that's was highlighted...lol), many seating areas, and antique feel of the venue. Judy Y. is delightful and Amber was a jewel; we truly enjoyed our experience. We also chose to have our rehearsal dinner in their newly renovated greenhouse. The only thing to keep in mind with this venue, is that you will need to have someone to sett up all tables and chairs, as well as breakdown after the wedding and or rehearsal dinner; unless you are getting a service (wedding planning or decorators) as this can be a true hassle. We personally chose to do it ourselves (we are not that high maintenance, and our families and bridal party were gracious enough to help us without us asking, and they all traveled from Charlotte, NC...go figure!) We setup tables and chairs (just before rehearsal, the day before our wedding), and had a florist to do all of our decor the day of. To say it was beautiful would be an understatement. It you are needing hotels for out of town guests be sure to check hotels in the greensboro area. There is one we used (created a block of reserved rooms) that shuttled our guests to and from, free of charge! Happy planning ~ Dana and Elliott Married May 7, 2016

Sent on 06/22/2016