The Pavilion at Pirate's Cove Marina Reviews

The Pavilion at Pirate's Cove Marina 5
The Pavilion at Pirate's Cove Marina 6
The Pavilion at Pirate's Cove Marina 7

Katerina · Married on 12/31/2016

Booking the pavilion was an easy choice for my husband and I. It is so beautiful and Tammy is awesome! She answered all of my questions in a timely manner and always had recommendations when I didn't know what choices to make. I will use this venue again in the future when we have large parties planned! The twinkle lights make the room romantic and perfect for any theme you are going with. You can have your ceremony and reception all in one place but with different views for each. I loved having my wedding at The Pavilion at Pirates Cove Marina!!!

Sent on 07/24/2016
  • Chris

Chris · Married on 10/08/2016

2 words to describe the difficulties we had pulling off our wedding...Hurricane Matthew. To say the week leading up to our wedding was stressful is the understatement of the century. Tammy and her crew did everything in their power to not only help alleviate the stress but also pulled off our event despite Matthew trying to crash our party! The pavilion was set up exactly as we wanted, the ceremony was moved from outdoor to indoor without issue, and they did everything they possibly could to accommodate any last second changes in plans that we had to consider. We booked the pavilion 15 months before our date and Tammy stayed in contact the entire time, providing anything we requested and keeping us up to date on anything they needed from us. She was a pleasure to work with and genuinely seemed happy whenever we stopped by when we were in town planning other parts of the wedding. You cannot go wrong booking this venue!

Sent on 10/13/2016

Chelsea · Married on 09/24/2016

The Pavilion at Pirate's Cove was the absolute best place that we could've booked for our wedding ceremony and reception. We were married right there on the docks in front of the marina and it was an absolutely beautiful day. Tammy and Nikki made sure that everything was set up and they were so wonderful to let us in the day before to start setting up lighting in the rafters. They were so responsive, no matter how many questions I had and were also so kind and pleasant to speak with. The reception area is absolutely perfect for any size wedding and provided the perfect feel for exactly what we were looking for during our special day. Pirate's Cove is absolutely gorgeous and affordable for a wedding venue and we couldn't be happier with our choice. It's so special to know anytime we drive by or visit Pirate's Cove on vacation, THAT is where we tied the knot! Thank you Tammy and Nikki for helping make our day so special, we can't thank you enough! Be sure to book at The Pavilion at Pirate's Cove, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/04/2016

Hayley · Married on 09/17/2016

This venue is well worth the money. You get a lot of space and beautiful views for a reasonable price. The venue itself is beautiful and the water around it is stunning.

Sent on 10/17/2016

Carly · Married on 09/10/2016

This venue was great for a warm-weather wedding! The Pavilion is a blank slate that can be transformed into anything you want it to be. There is a ton of room so dancing, dining, and (for us) corn hole could be done all within the same space. My guests adored this venue. We loved everything about Pirate's Cove. The team made planning super easy, they were flexible within reason, and we immediately felt like we were part of a family.

Sent on 03/29/2017

amy · Married on 09/04/2016

I honestly loved everything about our wedding! The venue was perfect and the staff was so very easy to work with.
    My only comment is that I understood the upgraded wooden chairs to be white, and they were 2-tone. I was not a huge fan of the color and would have much preferred them to be all white. This would be my only suggestion for improvement!

Sent on 10/04/2016

John · Married on 07/03/2016

Staff and venue were everything we could've hoped for and then some. The facility was gorgeous and clean. The overall flexibility of the venue was a major draw for us. Wouldn't go as far as saying "blank canvas", because it was visually appealing, but we were also left with many options to customize. Also, not being forced to use an in-house caterer was a major plus!

Sent on 07/25/2016

Emily · Married on 06/18/2016

Great experience overall! Would highly recommend

Sent on 07/13/2016

Crystal · Married on 06/04/2016

Tammy was amazing to work. Venue is so unique. Lots of space. Probably would be too warm in later summer months, but perfect for early summer and spring.

Sent on 06/14/2016
  • Mrs. Crews

Amanda · Married on 06/02/2016

We LOVE Pirate's Cove! Looking back, we can't even imagine booking anyone else. Tammy and her crew are flexible, helpful, and excellent to work with. It rained on our wedding day, and we were unable to use the extra chairs that we rented for the outdoor ceremony. Without hesitation, Tammy refunded us the money for the rental chairs. Because of the size of the venue, we were able to comfortably have our wedding ceremony and reception indoors. Pirate's Cove let us use their oversized ladder to hang our ceiling decor, had all the linens that we rented ready to go, and even gifted us on our wedding day! We had 110 guests at our wedding, and the venue was plenty big enough to house us and even more! We highly recommend booking Pirate's Cove! They helped make our day perfect!

Sent on 07/05/2016
  • User5206411 · 2+ years ago

nice space and a lot you can do with it! the team at pirates cove was very friendly, professional and accommodating. they made some great little renovations recently!

Sent on 06/06/2016

Ashley · Married on 04/30/2016

We could not have picked a better venue! It was magical!

Sent on 05/30/2016
  • Z

Zoila · Married on 04/29/2016

This place is very comfortable and ery nice.I had big especial moment in my Wedding. I'm very Happy! !

Sent on 05/16/2016

Laura · Married on 04/23/2016

Perfect venue for our reception. We had a great time, the set up was perfect!

Sent on 05/09/2016

Pirate's Cove Pavilion is one of the coolest and most unique places to get married. It provided plenty of space and although we would've liked to have the ceremony outside on the dock, the venue allowed for us to bring it inside when the weather didn't hold up for us. You get to decide your own setup and it allows for so much flexibility and so many different options. Tammy sat with me for over an hour giving me different options and ideas and then sat with me and my mother in law again doing much of the same thing. She was super accommodating and probably answered 5,000 questions from both my mother in law and me up to and even on the day of the wedding. They were flexible and let us decide up to 2pm on the day of the ceremony whether or not we wanted it inside. The lights in the rafters of the venue are awesome and make for great pictures. The new bridal suite (shout out to Jim) was anything a nervous bride could ever want! I couldn't think of any other place or any other people that could be more perfect for a wedding than Tammy and Jim at Pirate's Cove Pavilion.

Sent on 04/25/2016

Samantha · Married on 09/26/2015

Pirate’s Cove was the perfect place for our Outer Banks wedding ceremony and reception. It was on the water, affordable, a huge space, had beautiful lit ceilings, and had a rain back-up plan built in. Our guests raved about how beautiful the space was. I am a DIY bride and wanted to make a lot of my own decor, this large space allowed me to showcase everything I made without the space feeling cramped. I even was able to have a photo-booth and corn-hole in the space with no space issues. We loved that we were able to use an outside caterer since my dad is an amazing cook and wanted to cater. The sunset views with all the boats in the marina were absolutely beautiful!!! The backup plan for rain came in super handy too, since we ended up having a nor’easter come through the weekend of my wedding. A lot of the other Outer Banks venues I looked at did not have a very good (IF ANY) rain back-up plan. The venue suited my rustic coastal theme perfectly! We also LOVED working with Tammy and Jim. They were super helpful, responsive, and are just super nice people. I highly recommend this venue for a wedding or any event! It was absolutely perfect!!!

Sent on 10/15/2015

Lauren · Married on 09/19/2015

Great place to get married. Such a beautiful area and very nice people to work with.

Sent on 10/07/2015

My daughters wedding at Pirates Cove Pavilon was wonderful. Tammy Tobin and the Pirates Cove staff help make this day a great memory. Everything from renting ceremony chairs and linens to holding containers for the florist to make centerpieces, every detail was planned out perfectly. Having to travel 4 hours, the time and energy Tammy put into helping me make sure I had everything I needed for the big day was much appreciated. Everyone was very kind and helpful.

Sent on 10/12/2015

this was a perfect venue for our wedding. Tammy and her husband are awesome people they are so accommodating. We felt so at ease with this vender and the venue is absolutely gorgeous!

Sent on 06/02/2015

Lisa · Married on 05/09/2015

The Pavillon at Pirate's Cove was absolutely a perfect location for our daughter's wedding and reception. The venue is on the water, has rental properties for out of town guest and is near restaurants, shopping, golf and fishing. Tammy and Jim were very easy to work with and were accommodating to our every request. The Pavillon itself has so many decorating options and allows for an indoor/outdoor event. You can also choose whatever vendors you want for catering, flowers, music and decorations.......a great value and a great place! It really was the perfect location.

Sent on 05/11/2015

Sarah · Married on 05/02/2015

we love this venue our friends and family had the time of their lives, it was absolutely gorgeous and the Cordinator Tammy was fabulous in helping making sure everything went smoothly. It was affordable for us as they included the tables chairs and dance floor and also have the ceremony and reception set up ahead of time. I am so glad that we chose this menu and it's something that we will remember forever!

Sent on 05/18/2015

Elyse · Married on 04/25/2015

Tanbay was the best. The staff was also very accommodating our requests.
    The pavilion is large but we used all of the Space And our guests were extremely comfortable!

Sent on 05/20/2015

Pirates Cove and Tammy are the BEST... We loved everything about pirates cove - the beautiful location along the docks. The space is gorgeous and exactly where I always dreamed my wedding would be. We love Pirates Cove and can't thank them enough for all their help making our day everything we had hoped and more!!!

Sent on 05/08/2015

Chrissy · Married on 10/25/2014

Working with Tammy & Jim Tobin and their crew was a breeze. They provide the dance floor, tables and chairs for your size group. She was quick to answer all my crazy questions and help me calm down with all her help! Our wedding day could not have been more beautiful! My husband and I have been locals on the OBX all of our lives and it was always my dream to get married at the Pavilion. They definitely helped us make our dreams come true! They were so accommodating that she even let me work out a payment plan for the year to pay! What an awesome venue and I highly recommend!

Sent on 12/19/2014

Gayle · Married on 10/11/2014

The staff at Pirates Cove was very accommodating while planning the wedding reception. Everything was as stated in the contract and it wa a great to be able to walk away and not have to clean everything up (tables, chairs). It does get hot in the pavilion on a warm day but thankfully Mother Nature cooled things down with a lot of rain!

Sent on 12/12/2014