38 Reviews for The Party Music

Consultation (3)
One Event Per Day (3)
Do-Not-Play List (2)
MC (2)

BRIDES TO BE...HIRE THE PARTY MUSIC for your DJ!!! We hired The Party Music for our wedding and we are so happy we made that choice! From the beginning when I first contacted Roy, we had a phone conversation and discussed pricing and what I was looking for. He was very down to earth and easy to talk to. Roy was always prompt with answering emails/calls and very professional. He made choosing music very easy by providing a sample playlist to help him to determine the style of music to play. He took the time to talk with us on the phone and listen to what we wanted and even gave a suggestion of a song to play during the processional the we absolutely LOVED! We hired The Party Music for the ceremony and the reception and Roy did a fantastic job! Everyone had a great time and he kept the dance floor full of people. The pricing was very affordable and worth every penny. Thank you Roy for making our wedding a day to remember and for being so awesome!!!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Tanya, 9/30/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, One Event Per Day
4.7

Roy was a pleasure to work with. He made he whole idea of a wedding playlist easy to follow and even easier to make feel our own. He met up with my then fiancé and I for lunch and answered any questions we had months before our big day. We for so many compliments on the music and Roy himself, and I'm so happy I was able to have him at our wedding.

Profile Picture Katherine, 3/4/17, 11 Reviews
1.0

This is the second time I have given my review. The first one was deleted. We will see if this one disappears as well. The only reason for giving him one star, is he put two songs together for our first dance. That really helped us out. Aside from that, I was very disappointed in his performance. Leading up to our wedding, it would take him days to answer any emails. I would ask him questions and he wouldn't answer them. He let us pick songs we wanted played, and never played them. He told us he wouldn't take requests from guests and he did. His announcements of the bridal party was awkward and frankly quite embarrassing. He had long pauses between people and seemed like he didn't know what he was doing. I, unfortunately, would not recommend him for any upcoming events.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Melissa, 1/29/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

The Party Music was a great choice for our wedding day. Roy did a great job in helping us to plan the music we wanted for our reception. He played great dance music of all kinds and he kept the party going all night. We had so much fun we kept him an extra hour.
Roy and the party music will rock your wedding party.

Profile Picture George, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Perfect vendor for any needs. Very pleasant and easy to work with. Will do any song you wish and does great to keep the "party" going

Profile Picture George, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I would definitely go with The Party Music as your wedding DJ. Roy was very professional and very helpful. His music selection at the end of the night was spot on.

Profile Picture John, 7/24/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Roy from Party Music was spot on from beginning to end. If you want a DJ that's reliable and willing to work with you and make your party happen call Roy. I can never thank you enough for helping me make the most important day of my life go off with a hitch, cheers !

Profile Picture Kyle, 5/6/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Music can make an event special and that much more memorable. Roy is on his game in every way. He can read the audience and knows when to ramp,it up,or slow it down. My son's rehearsal dinner went from being a nice event to a fun party because of Roy. I hadn't figured out the music but I knew I needed music. When I decided to go from an iPod to The Party Music, I stopped thinking and worrying and it was perfect. I didn't have to spend hours coming up with the right playlist and buying music. Roy took care of everything flawlessly. Roy also adjusted for some of my misreads on choices. This is why one hires a professional! Hire Roy aka The Party Music and he'll make your event shine.

Profile Picture Colleen, 4/24/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Roy is just a great presence at your party in addition to being so accommodating and helpful as a DJ. The playlist was very personalized and professional, and just perfect for what we wanted!

Profile Picture User6050577, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Roy (aka The Party Music) did a great job for my wedding. He was professional in all aspects of his job and made Esther and I's day really awesome. He was as well organized as I could have ever imagined in both his preparation (finding out all the songs Esther and I liked) and his performance. Thanks Roy! You're the man!

Profile Picture Cole, 9/26/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

Roy was very professional and was great with helping to create the perfect party for our reception. He was also very responsive to all phone calls and emails. He was very personable, and enjoyed having him as a part of our wedding day.

Profile Picture Sara, 5/16/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Roy was great. Enjoyed the music selection. Would highly recommend!

Profile Picture Ryan, 5/9/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Roy was a great DJ for our wedding reception in May 2014 on Kiawah Island. He was very accommodating of our music requests. I liked his template that clearly outlined all of the key activities for the ceremony, and we were happy with the selection of music he played. We chose a lot of different styles of music, and I was impressed with the way Roy seemlessly transitioned the different genres. I'd highly recommend him for your event!

Profile Picture User4982779, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
4.7

Roy with The Party Music was a pleasure to work with, both prior to the wedding during the planning stages and during the wedding as well. Roy was professional, thorough, and just a really fun DJ. He always quickly responded to emails if I had questions. Every aspect of the flow of the night, song list, etc. was customized to what we wanted and we even made some very last minute changes, such as deciding not to do the bouquet/garter toss (because I forgot the garter and wanted to keep my bouquet, haha!) Roy was so nice and courteous...he even helped us spot some wedding crashers that were up to no good! I would definitely recommend Roy for an upcoming wedding you might be planning or any event where you need some great music and a great DJ.

Profile Picture Helen P., 3/22/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Roy was very professional and experienced. The caterer we hired failed to do their jobs on all aspects and with Roy we were able to still have a great night of dancing. We booked our venue at the Lake House at Bulow which the ceremony was on the small pine tree island and he was able to have the ceremony music playing there without the need to transfer all his equipment over to the island (about 400 yards away)

Without Roy's services our wedding truly would of been a disaster after the caterer ( SC catering ) left my guests hungry and annoyed with the services they provided. Roy made all of that go away with the music and his ability to adjust the music to get people up, dancing, and have a great time.

Thank you Roy!

Profile Picture Michael, 3/1/14, 3 Reviews
4.2

Very professional and organized. Everything was well planned ahead of time. Only thing was that he didn't quite stick to the playlist and wasn't very responsive to other peoples song requests

Profile Picture Matt, 2/8/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Roy did a wonderful job of incorporating the wide variety of music we requested into our wedding reception. He was very professional and kept everyone dancing right up until our departure. Great service and great value!

Profile Picture Kelli, 6/30/13, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Roy is very professional. We only met with one dj because we instantly wanted to book with him. He played all the music I requested for my ceremony and was very easy to contact. He replied quickly to all my calls and emails regarding my date. This was reassuring because we were having a destination wedding. He is very personable, pleasant and a sharp dresser!

Profile Picture User2590343, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

very professional. kept the party going. easy to work with.

Profile Picture Amanda, 4/18/13, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Roy was so easy to work with. He was very professional and organized. He kept the party going and the music flowed great. He made sure that he played everything we wanted and approved. He sent out a detailed questionnaire to make sure he knew us and what we wanted. I would definitely recommend him.

Profile Picture Shelley, 3/29/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

She did a great job! We were very pleased!

Profile Picture User3180150, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Mr. Palmgren is fantastic! He handled our ceremony and reception flawlessly. All of our guests had special requests, and Roy did a fantastic job of filtering their requests while keeping the party, dancing, and the music going late into the evening. I highly recommend The Party Music for any and all events!

Profile Picture Nathan, 1/5/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

I had Roy DJ for our office christmas party. It was a great time, and I have Roy with The Party Music to thank. These things can be kind of stuffy and boring at times. Being my first year to plan the event, I wanted to make it the best ever. We had over 100 people show up for the party and everyone had a great time. Roy kept the crowd entertained and excited the entire night. I will definately contact The party Music for our next event. Thank you Roy!

Profile Picture Brian, 12/1/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

The party music was great to work with, very laid back and easy to work with. I did think it was pretty expensive, but we also did not have a lot of time to "price around"

Profile Picture Melissa, 11/24/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Roy was incredibly responsive. He was able to accommodate several last minute requests for me as well. We had a few special requests and he was able to fit them in without any problem. He did a great job and I would definitely use him again if I had it to do over again. He definitely took our advice on the type of music to play and was able to make a lot of suggestions and additions that fit our style. He was very professional and so nice to work with. I would definitely recommend him to others!

Profile Picture Louisa, 11/17/12, 1 Review