The Paperbag Reviews

77 | Allentown, PA

77 Reviews for The Paperbag

We were looking for simple and classic invitations and made that clear when we walked in the door. Liz was amazing! She went right to what we wanted and never tried to push or convince us to do something we didn't want. Everything was done in a timely manner and looked fantastic!

Sent on 02/06/2014

The Paperbag's reply:

Thank you so much!

Cathleen · Married on 05/19/2012

0.8
      0.5
      1.0

I went to The Paperbag for our invitations, place cards, and thank you notes. When we told them what we were looking for, they kept handing us books that were nothing like what we had asked for. The one woman stood over us eating pretzels in our ears. We finally found what we were looking for. We purchased them during a 20% off sale. We were told that they would be in within a few weeks and the owner, Liz, said they never take that long. The time frame came and passed without a phone call. Finally, we called and were told they weren't in because it took her longer to submit our order because she was busy. Understandable that you're busy, but we have a time frame to get the invitations out and we were told a time frame that was acceptable for that and it was ignored. When we got our invitations, we were told that the postage would be more expensive. We had chosen the ones we did because we were told that they would not be extra postage. The owner then argued with me that they would NEVER tell someone that - turns out they told a co-worker of mine the exact same thing.
    The time came for our place cards to be printed. My now husband went to pick them up and did not look at them when he picked them up. He brought them home and I looked at them - there was a printer line through them. They looked ridiculous. My husband called her and told her and she agreed to call the company and have a new set overnighted and she re-printed all of our placecards and refunded the cost to print the place cards (about $50).
    I would recommend going to The Paperbag to look through their books. Find which invitations you would like and write down the carrier and product number. Even with the 20% discount, I found that we overpaid for the invitations.

Sent on 06/17/2012

The Paperbag's reply:

Cathleen,
    I am sorry you have had this experience, we were up front with you the entire time. We take pride in making sure we are up front with people from the beginning. Errors can happen and I made sure they were taken care of immediately - we are all human. As far as postage goes, we tell everyone what we think it will be (only seal and send invitations will take "regular" postage (.45). We have been in business for 30 years, and we are always willing to learn from our mistakes. Dan seemed very pleased with our services, I am sorry we couldn't please you.