The Paperbag Reviews

77 | Allentown, PA

77 Reviews for The Paperbag

We used The Paperbag for our Save-the-Dates, Invitations and Place cards. Liz and her staff were extremely helpful and patience with us as we tried to find the right combination of stationary for our event. They were also able to coordinate our order with a local calligrapher which added a nice touch to our pieces. Would highly recommend.

Sent on 11/12/2012

Teresa · Married on 10/13/2012

Liz at the Paperbag patiently guided me through the entire wedding invitation maze for my daughter's recent wedding. She is a very knowledgeableprofessional - not just about her products but also about sources for anything having to do with planning and executing events. The table in the back of her shop I deemed to be "wedding central" and anyone planning a wedding should not only sit at the table to order invitations and thank you's but also spend a while to get some wise, tried and true planning advice.

Sent on 10/21/2012

The Paperbag's reply:

Thank you Teresa! You and your daughter were a pleasure to work with!

Katie · Married on 10/07/2012

We went to The Paperbag after being frustrated by trying to determine the quality of online products, and we are so glad that we got our invitations at The Paperbag. It was a pleasure working with Liz, and we appreciate her patience and guidance during our consultation. We were so happy with the assembled invitations, and received many compliments. The Paperbag made the invitation selection, ordering, and addressing processes all stress free. Competitive pricing and personalized friendly service – we highly recommend The Paperbag!

Sent on 11/19/2012

Lisa · Married on 10/06/2012

We worked with Liz at The Paperbag and had a great experience. I live in VA and our wedding was in PA so my mom was my point person on this. The Paperbag was very patient and helpful as my mom sent me images and ideas over the phone. We were very pleased with the quality of our invitations and they were such great value! We even had a minor issue with the font color being wrong (by fault of the vendor, not The Paperbag) and the Paperbag quickly worked to resolve the issue and get our invitations reprinted free of charge. My mother-in-law also ordered my bridal shower invitations from here and had a great experience. I highly recommend the Paperbag!

-Lisa

Sent on 11/11/2012

Shyam A. · Married on 10/06/2012

In 2007, our elder daughter chose the Paperbag for her wedding invitations; it was the right choice - great selection and super attention to customer. Five years on, when our younger daughter needed the wedding invitations, the obvious choice was Paperbag. Once again, Liz did an awesome job: understanding what the bride wants, helping with the selections, setting up time line for ordering various items, and following up with e-mails and calls. Our order included wedding invitations, the wedding program and the place cards. For us, the topper was addressing and mailing the invitations - one less worry! Thanks Liz for your part in making this wedding so special.

Angelo · Married on 09/02/2012

Liz was a pleasure to work with and very accommodating and easy to get a hold of.. I highly recommend!!!

Jean · Married on 09/01/2012

I can't say enough about Liz and the Paperbag. I only had a short time to plan my wedding and the Paperbag came to my rescue. The quality of the invitation and thank you notes was impeccable, something I couldn't have picked online. They also addressed and mailed the invitations and everything went off perfectly. Liz even provided a guest checklist to keep track of thank you's, etc. The Paperbag is the only place I will go for my paper needs. I highly recommend it!
    Jean

Sent on 11/12/2012

Nancy · Married on 08/25/2012

Liz took care of my daughter's wedding invitations. Great service, reasonable prices and reliable service!

Sent on 03/30/2017

Liz · Married on 08/25/2012

The Paperbag is AWESOME! Liz did the most amazing job on our wedding invitations. HIGHLY recommend!!!

Sent on 02/04/2014

Dennille · Married on 06/16/2012

I can't say enough about Liz and the Paperbag. She provided our invitations, programs, table name cards, and placecards. Everything turned out perfectly! Liz gave us personalized attention and worked with our budget. She was very responsive and I'd definitely suggest her to anyone getting married!

Sent on 11/11/2012

Terri · Married on 02/18/2012

My invitations were beautiful!!! The Paperbag talked me through every step so I didn't miss a detail! They also printed my envelopes that looked like a calligrapher had done! They were top notch and GREAT Quality! They work within your price range and provide attention to detail and great customer service! I loved working with Liz and Alida (spelling)! Liz was so quick to answer my emails and sooo helpful!!! She has the eye and knows what will look great and elegant! I was so happy with my invitations! It was a pleasure to work with Liz - I look forward to using them for invitations in the future! I highly recommend The Paperbag - it is just as good as a deal as online and you get first class service!

Sent on 03/05/2012

The Paperbag's reply:

Terri - thank you so much for the awesome review. You were such a pleasure to work with as well! Would love to see pictures from your wedding!

Amy · Married on 11/20/2010

The Paperbag was great! We did not have a huge budget for invitations but they worked with us and we found ones that we absolutely loved and would feel comfortable paying for. The outcome was amazing. They have so many options that you are bond to find something within your price range and something that will satisfy your needs.
    We had a small problem with the printers but Liz took care of it and everything worked out. We wouldn't have even known that is how good she was at dissolving the situation.
    I would definitely use their services again.

Sent on 10/04/2011

The Paperbag's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review.
  • aquaams

Amy · Married on 10/01/2010

We had our invitations, and programs made at the Paper Bag.
    We worked with Liz and she was fantastic!
    Our invitations were fabulous and affordable! We received some many complements on them as well as our mass programs. Liz is professional, personable, and won me over! We have since ordered our Wedding Thank Yous and Christmas Cards!
    I would highly recommend the Paper Bag!!!
    ~Amy

Sent on 10/11/2010

The Paperbag's reply:

Thank you Amy! It is always a pleasure working with you.

Jill · Married on 09/19/2008

I would highly recommend that if it's in your budget to have professionals do your wedding invitations - do so. I think people underestimate the amount of time and effort invitations, place cards, and thank you notes take. I think in the end you actually save yourself time, money and most of all your sanity by having professionals take over. I can't say enough about Liz and Elaine. Not only did they anticipate changes and the unexpected that I had no clue about, but they were always flexible and everything was beautiful. They are also experts in wedding etiquette so don't be afraid to ask questions. They have a ton of invitations to choose from and I was also able to order a unique guest book and engraved pen there. They have everything you need and are extremely helpful. Anytime I need invitations for any event I will know exactly where to go.

Sent on 10/08/2008

Dana L. · Married on 10/19/1996

the paperbag is FANTASTIC!!!

Wonderful stationery store in a great location --- attentive to detail, extremely helpful, large selection of stationery products --- a fabulous place to shop! Great location -- easy to visit! See Liz, she is THE BEST!!! Highly recommended!!!

Sent on 12/22/2018

Gina · Married on 06/09/2018

Liz was so great helping me with last minute changes to my wedding invitations. Thank you

Sent on 04/21/2018

Gina,
    My pleasure! It was great working with you!
    Liz

The Paperbag provides a beautiful array of invitations, thank you cards, place cards, you name it! Liz was so helpful and wonderful through the entire process. I ordered my save the dates, invitations, and place cards from Liz. All were so beautifully done. I received so many compliments on my invitations. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 12/28/2014

The Paperbag's reply:

Thank you so much for the review! Thank you for the recommendation as well! Hope you had a great time celebrating!

~ Liz

Cindy · Married on 10/10/2014

The Paperbag is a great place to order your shower/wedding invitations...so many choices and Liz is so helpful in knowing what you like to steer you in the right direction and save time. We also ordered cocktail napkins for the reception to go with our 'rustic elegant' theme.

Sent on 01/07/2015

Cindy,
    Thank you for the wonderful review! It was a pleasure working with you on your daughter's wedding! Hope you all had a great time!
    ~Liz

Lori · Married on 09/27/2014

I was skeptical of using The Paperbag for my wedding invitations at first. I thought they would be too expensive. Well I was wrong! When comparing them to online prices, they were very comparable, sometimes even cheaper than what I found online. The quality of the paper and the details in them were phenomenal! Liz, the owner, was always available when I needed her. She took the time to explain everything to me, from proper wording to timelines as to when to send them out. She has thousands of samples to choose from..much easier than ordering samples online. I would definitely recommend The Paperbag to anyone needing invites, programs, etc.

Sent on 12/29/2014

The Paperbag's reply:

Lori - Thank you so much for the kind review! I am so thankful you gave us a chance to help you out with your wedding stationery - it means a lot to me! I try to make the process as easy as possible!
    ~ Liz

Calvara · Married on 11/03/2012

Liz and team did an excellent job on our invitations! They answered all of our questions when we didn't know what the proper way to do things was. There was a little blip, we received someone else's direction cards!. Liz re-printed ours and since they were closing, she was kind enough to meet me at David's Bridal (was there shopping), so I didn't have to drive to Allentown (I live in Bethlehem), not a long drive, but was very nice of her. We went back to Paper Bag to have a 'Welcome to Our Wedding' notes printed up for our out of town guest snack bags. We worked together to come up with the prefect message, and they printed it on paper I bought from Party City - MUCH CHEAPER than purchasing something like an invitation and having them printed up! Quality of Service is a 4.5 just b/c of the wrong direction cards placed in our box, but I should have checked before I left the store (I only looked at the invitation and was ahh'ing and oo'ing over how pretty). I made it a 5 since Liz met me to bring me the correct cards! 4.5 for Value only b/c I think eveything should be cheaper;) Jose and I thank You Paper Bag Team!

Sent on 11/20/2012

Alison R. · Married on 09/08/2018

The Paperbag is a must!

Liz was great to work with in helping us choose the best design for our wedding invitations. She gave us so much of her attention and time to help us not only choose a special and personal invitation, but she was very honest too in helping us make the best decisions . Our guests raved about how elegant yet timeless the invitations were. I had contemplated just ordering invitations online....but my experience with The PaperBag and working face-to-face with someone convinced me that working with them in person truly will help you the best. We love the quality of the invitations and for the price, we were VERY pleased with them!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Alison,
    Thank you so much for your great review! I'm so thrilled you were so happy with my service and help!

Liz

Katherine · Married on 08/05/2016

Liz was terrific and we would very definitely use The Paperbag again! She listened to us and then
    made suggestions, she was beyond helpful. We can't begin to thank her enough!

Sent on 08/10/2016

Natalie · Married on 10/20/2012

They were very helpful and knowledgeable. All I had to do was tell them what I was thinking about ordering and they knew exactly what I wanted and the etiquette for everything.

Sent on 11/13/2012

I purchased my wedding invitations from the Paperbag and I'm very pleased with my experience and purchases. At my appointment, I was provided books upon books of invitations, which was overwhelming at first but once I explained my ideal invitation to them, they quickly leafed through the books to find examples that best matched it and the process became that much easier. I was a bit surprised to see that they still hand write the wording for the invitation, but it didn't affect their service so I was fine with that. I really appreciated that they were knowledgeable of proper wording etiquette.

Sent on 09/22/2014

The Paperbag's reply:

Thank you for your review. Glad we could finally help narrow down the invitation that was right for you! We do write everything by hand, it tends to be more natural for us.

Hope your wedding was wonderful!

Nadine · Married on 12/06/2009

The PaperBag has a FANTASTIC and quite varied assortment of all types of wonderful stationary to choose from. When my favorite stationer closed up her business, she informed me that Liz at The Paper Bag would now be carrying all of her unique specialty papers...so I took the trip to Allentown. And it was so worth the trip!

Having a destination wedding, we wanted invitations that would speak to what we were planning for all of our guests. What we found was the perfect entree for the events to come. Thanks very much to Liz and her professional and expert eye!

Sent on 12/14/2009

The Paperbag's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind comments!