The Overlook Reviews

54 Reviews for The Overlook

• Beth

Beth Burckhartt · Getting married on 07/12/2020

Fabulous event management!

Josh helped us through the process of putting together my daughter's New Year's Eve wedding while she was living in California. Because she was so far away, she had to find a fabulous site who could handle as much as possible. The Overlook came through as both beautiful and capable. Their inventory of decorative pieces and linens is amazing! Josh and the team worked their magic to create a beautiful ceremony arrangement and an elegant reception area. Things ran smoothly with their preferred vendors coming through in all areas. We were so grateful for their expertise and interest in making the wedding what my daughter and her husband wanted. It was a wonderful wedding!! Josh managed the event so well. He seemed to be everywhere we needed and always ready to help with a friendly smile.

Sent on 04/22/2019

Tamara · Married on 10/27/2018

Our helicopter landed on the golf course!

The grounds are beautifully maintained. The highlight of our wedding was, that they were able to accompany the landing of a helicopter on the golf course. It was an AMAZING exit and our guests still talk about it. Lori was super attentive to detail and did a great job.

Sent on 11/16/2018

Jessica Miller · Married on 10/21/2018

Absolutely Amazing!

We had the best time at our wedding at The Overlook! Josh was our coordinator and he went above and beyond our expectations, both leading up to and the day of the event. He worked hard to get everyone in line for the ceremony and was very professional. When it came time for the reception, he let loose a little bit and helped to engage our guests and keep the party going all night long! I can't say enough about The Overlook and Josh being so amazing to make our day so special.

Sent on 11/14/2018

Lacy · Married on 03/23/2018

My wedding day was amazing here at The Overlook! Beautiful scenery outside and ballrooms inside. Lots of space. The staff was wonderful and everything went so smoothly. I loved the wide variety of decor I got to choose from as well as the linens/plates/silver wear that were provided. The bridal suite was the perfect place to prepare and get ready for my big day - and my husband loved the grooms suite as well. I would highly recommend The Overlook!

Sent on 04/05/2018

Carissa · Married on 01/21/2018

OMG, the Overlook and the staff was AMAZING!! I was so blessed to have came across their venue. Stefani and her team did everything and went above and beyond to make my wedding day magical! This venue is the perfect venue and they were all so accommodating, welcoming, and just wonderful people to work with. I definitely recommend this venue to anyone who is in the Houston area, especially those southern glam brides :) This venue will also be featured on a top wedding show coming soon this Spring! Love Love Love the Overlook!!

Sent on 01/28/2018

Catherine · Married on 01/14/2017

The Overlook was the perfect location for our perfect day! We were thrilled with every aspect of our wedding! The staff worked so hard and made sure every detail was exactly how they promised. The flow of the entire weekend was so smooth and went off without a hitch. The rehearsal dinner was beautiful and our ceremony and reception decor was PERFECT. Stefani and Kevin brought our vision to life and we could not have been happier. It was the best day of our lives and it wouldn't have been the same anywhere else. Thank you guys so so much!!

Sent on 01/22/2017

Dakeisha · Married on 06/05/2016

Everything about The Overlook was and is beautiful, even the staff. Kevin, the owner, has such a genuine and thoughtful spirit. He helped us from the time we sent him an email to the time we met. Kayla, the wedding coordinator, is simply amazing! Words cannot express our gratitude for everyone who helped us! We definitely recommend The Overlook!!

Sent on 06/27/2016

Nechanda · Married on 05/22/2016

This place is spectacular! From the scenery to the customer service. The value of what you get for your money is unbelievable. Decor was included, a DJ was included, a photobooth was included, wedding planner and so much more. Kevin (the owner) was with me the entire process from the moment I walked in the door and I absolutely loved working with this group. He and his entire team did an amazing job! His staff is very friendly, professional, readily available and responsive. They made it so easy for me and I did not experience the stress most brides do. My day was perfect! Beautiful! All that I imagined it would be and so much more. I had high expectations and each one was exceeded. I am so grateful that my Sister in Law suggested this place as my wedding venue. Choose the overlook and you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 12/04/2016

Samantha · Married on 04/24/2016

Had my wedding there April 24, everyone went above and beyond to make my wedding perfect! I would recommend them to anyone who was looking to have any kind of event.

Sent on 08/01/2016

Julie · event on 03/24/2016

Kayla was amazing and so very helpful. She went out of her way to assist me. She was flexible with with all my requests and suggestions. She was also very honest when it came to choosing things and making sure they looked right. Couldn't have asked for anything more.

Sent on 04/04/2016

Monica · event on 03/04/2016

This was definently a really good place to all come together and it was really fun and great service too. The people there were nice and friendly and it is a really good place to have a party! I really enjoyed it.

Sent on 03/19/2016

The Overlook was the perfect location. The venue has everything you need: two reception areas, a grooms room, a brides room, a separate bar/lounge area and 3 ceremony areas to choose from. We chose one of the outside areas for the ceremony and it was gorgeous. They also offer a wide variety of decor options to suit any brides taste. Stefani was wonderful when it came time to choose reception decorations and throughout the entire planning process.. The day of the wedding, the entire staff at the overlook was extremely helpful. Everything was decorated before we got there and it was perfect. You can't go wrong choosing the overlook as your wedding venue! We were extremely happy with our choice and wedding day!

Sent on 12/09/2015

Ann · Married on 11/20/2015

Our wedding was easy to plan. Nicole and the rest of the people at the Overlook were great at dealing with my very busy schedule and meeting me when I was available,

Sent on 12/02/2015

Great Venue, very helpful, rehearsal was as smooth as possible,

Sent on 12/17/2015

Carissa · Married on 11/14/2015

I can’t even begin to express how amazing the entire team at The Overlook was. I worked most closely with Nicole, but everyone I encountered was incredibly professional and was more than happy to male sure all the little details were correct.

Having a warehouse of decor to choose from was a major plus. I’m a big DIY person and it was easy to find things that would go with my vision and compliment the homemade elements I created. When I was asked about the specifics of how I wanted things laid out, I told them I would be more than happy to help out if needed. But every request was met with, “Of course we can do that. Don’t worry at all.” When I finally got to see the room, it was everything I had hoped for and more.

The facilities at the Overlook are well-kept and can fit any number of wedding styles. We were in the smaller of the two ballrooms and really loved having access to the bar area and patios. It was nice to have the different types of spaces so that our guests could tear up the dance floor or mingle in a quieter area to catch up with friends. We selected this venue partly because of the bridge and outdoor ceremony area. Being so close to the airport, I was worried that we would have planes flying over the ceremony, but not a single one came by while we were out there.

If you have lots of out of town guests coming to your wedding, this venue is conveniently located and highly accessible. Proximity to the airport was important to us since 80% of our families and guests live out of town.

Thank you again for everything. It was a perfect day!

Sent on 01/14/2016

TJ · Married on 11/12/2015

Staff goes above and beyond to accommodate the customer. Very personalable. Venue was absolutely beautiful and made for a successful Aggie Moms Traditions Banquet.

Sent on 12/26/2015

The overlook was amazing! Nicole was my planner and coordinator and she went above and beyond to make sure our night went perfect! Everything went great and it was so beautiful! Thank you!

Sent on 10/28/2015

Cheo · Married on 09/06/2015

The venue is beautiful with excellent staff and support personnel. I highly recommend the Overlook, it graded highest in my evaluation of best overall wedding venue.

Sent on 11/10/2015

Denise · Married on 07/18/2015

What an outstanding job The Overlook did for my daughters wedding. Our coordinator was Stefani and she did an outstanding job. She was always available for us no matter what. I applaud Stefani and The Overlook for a memorable evening. We could not have asked for a better night. It was perfect and beautiful!!!

Sent on 07/27/2015

Mayleen · Married on 06/20/2015

Everything was perfect! The entire staff is amazing to work with and so accommodating! So happy this is where I had my wedding. No stress and so much fun to plan with everyone at the Overlook!

Sent on 07/14/2015

Alicia · Married on 05/31/2015

The Overlook was an absolutely perfect pick for my wedding. I was planning my wedding from out-of-state so I really wanted to find a venue that would do almost everything for me, and I definitely found that venue in The Overlook. My wedding planner, Stefani, was fabulous. She was extremely flexible and willing to work around our schedule, she understood exactly what we had in mind for our reception design, and she was so organized and helpful on the big day so I wasn't concerned about anything. The venue really is the total package and my guests as well as myself and my husband had a wonderful time at our wedding.

Sent on 06/09/2015

Mrs. Palmer!
    It was truly a pleasure working with you and your amazing family! Thank you so much for trusting me with your most special day! Everything was so beautiful... especially YOU!
    -Stefani

Ashley · Married on 05/31/2015

We had our civil wedding/couples shower at the Overlook. I wanted that country theme, but still with a chic style. The Overlook gave the right touch both country and elegant. Everyone was so attentive to all the details. The place looked fabulous, and it was a lot of fun!

Sent on 06/28/2015

Shannon · Married on 05/17/2015

The staff at The Overlook were awesome and very professional. They told us that they didn't want us to worry about anything and we didn't. They took care of everything and made it all run smoothly. The decorations were beautiful. The food was great. We planned an outside wedding and everything had to be changed to inside because of the rain but we didn't have to worry about it at all and I don't know if any of the guest even knew of the last minute changes.

Sent on 05/19/2015

Shannon,
    You are such an incredible woman to work with and we value working with you very much! I loved witnessing everything you've done for Hopeful Hearts and can't wait to see it again!
    Thanks so much for the review!
    Stefani

Kathy · Married on 03/28/2015

Stefani was extremely professional and was on top of her game. She did a great job assuring me that everything was going to be okay and not to worry. She was so sweet and made sure that she did everything in her power to accommodate us! Everything turned out to be a dream come true and was truly a fairytale!

Sent on 05/13/2015

Kathy!
    I am so thankful for the kind words and miss working with you very much! You and your family were awesome to work with and I am SOOOO glad we got that amazing video working because watching it was awesome! You were such a beautiful bride!
    Stefani