The Otesaga Resort Hotel Reviews

The Otesaga Resort Hotel 5
The Otesaga Resort Hotel 6
The Otesaga Resort Hotel 7

Michele · Married on 10/26/2013

The Otesaga Resort catered our wedding and we were incredibly pleased with the food and beverages. Our guests raved about the variety and how delicious everything was. We enjoyed our pre-wedding consultation, too. (Make sure to try the lobster mac n cheese, it's amazing!) Melissa Reinheimer was hands down one of the best event coordinators I've ever worked with, too. She was friendly, helpful, responsive, cheery, organized, proactive, and really went out of her way to make everything special - we couldn't have asked for anything more! We liked her so much, we asked her to be our day-of-event coordinator, too. She is a true gem! The entire team at the Otesaga was exceptional - from the head chef, to all of the servers and bartenders at the reception. We could not have been more impressed or pleased with our entire experience with the Otesaga!

Sent on 03/11/2014

Alley · Married on 10/19/2013

The Otesaga was an amazing venue!! And the coordinator, Melissa, was the sweetest and the most helpful wedding coordinator. They were so accommodating and the room was absolutely beautiful! They did an awesome job!!

Sent on 01/21/2014

Kristyn · Married on 10/13/2013

Melissa and the Otesaga did an amazing job working with us to make our day so special. Any snag that we ran into they were able to help with! Everyone working at the Otesaga went above and beyone for our guest to make their experiance there wonderful.The Otesaga was beautiful and we couldnt have asked for a better place to get married!

Sent on 12/03/2013

I grew up spending my summers in Cooperstown, and had always wanted to get married at the Otesaga. When it finally happened in September of 2013, it was even better than I had ever imagined. Gorgeous views, accommodating staff, and delicious food!

Melissa Reinheimer at the Otesaga was an absolute life saver. She was so friendly and easy to deal with - and so helpful in planning everything! From helping us hand pick our food and drink menus, to handling EVERTHING day of. She made my special day go so smoothly, I absolutely could not have done it without her- She even went out mid ceremony to get me a red bull.

I love love LOVED my experience at the Otesaga and would recommend them to ANYONE!

Sent on 01/30/2014

Sara · Married on 09/14/2013

The Otesaga was a gorgeous venue with an exceedingly professional and gracious staff, and a very talented chef.

Sent on 12/24/2013

Nikki · Married on 09/01/2013

If you are looking at The Otesaga to hold your wedding at. Do yourself a favor and stop the search. The ballroom and views of the lake are so simply gorgeous. The rooms are charming and unique. The hotel staff are exceptionally well trained in service and hospitality. We worked with Gordon as our event planner and he is the best. He is so accommodating in helping you make your wedding day everything you dreamed of. From the moment we showed up at the hotel two days before our wedding we were worry free in his hands. Additionally our mothers' put together our rehearsal dinner with him and couldn't sing his praises loud enough. We were so grateful to have had our wedding weekend at the Otesaga and very much look forward to our return for our anniversary!

Sent on 10/09/2013

Stephanie · Married on 06/01/2013

Our daughter and son-in-law were married at the Otesaga on June 1, 2013. From the lovely ceremony on the lawn overlooking the lake, to the elegant cocktail party on the veranda, to the dinner reception in the ballroom...it was all perfect! Gordon Clarkson, our event planner was top-notch! He had everything under control from the beginning! An absolute professional in every way. The food was delicious and elegantly presented. The wait staff and bartenders took extremely good care of our guests! So many guests told us that they had never been to a better wedding! After the reception, we continued the party downstairs in the bar. Gordon arranged late night food for our guests and most of them continued to dance and drink and eat until 2:00 am! We received so many calls and notes from guests stating that it was such a marvelous event! We can't say enough about how wonderful Gordon Clarkson and the Otesaga staff were in making it a special weekend!

Sent on 11/04/2013

The Otesaga Hotel was beautiful and we had caterers coming up to us(the wedding party) as we were wandering the grounds with the photographer so that we wouldn't miss out on the hor d'oeurves and wine my husband and I chose for the cocktail hour. They worked with us on what we wanted and were very detail-oriented, attentive, and helpful.

Sent on 12/03/2013

Claire · Married on 02/02/2013

Words can not describe how amazing this place was. Melissa our event coordinator was out of this world, I dont think the word no is in her vocabulary. Everyone at the wedding raved about the place, the service, the staff, etc. I think a few guest left hoping to return for vacation or book a wedding. If I could do it all over again I would!!! It was a total fairy tale a winter wonderland wedding for sure!!!!!

Sent on 02/06/2013

Heather · Married on 01/19/2013

Our wedding was perfect and couldn't have gone more smoothly. Gordon was a great help through out the planning process. All of the staff were very attentive, professional and friendly. The food and cake were fantastic!

We would definitely recommend The Otesaga to others and use them again ourselves.

Sent on 12/24/2013

Kevin · Married on 10/07/2012

Our wedding at the Otesaga resort was fantastic! Gordon Clarkson made sure every detail was exactly as requested. The facility was beautiful. The cake was made by the Otesaga and was beautiful and delicious, the appetizers were an excellent blend of choices. The entrees were cooked to perfection. Our guests raved about everything being so wonderful! The service provided from by the entire staff could not have been better. We would recommend to everyone to hold your event at the Otesaga. Gordon and his entire staff are friendly and easy to work with and interested in ensuring that your event is special!

Nicole · Married on 10/06/2012

Everything was perfect! I would recommend having a wedding (or any event) at the Otesaga, with great praise! Thank you to everyone for their gracious help, patience, professionalism, and attention to detail.

Dawn · Married on 09/02/2012

Had the wedding and reception at the Otesaga. Gordon and his staff were so helpful through the entire planning and actual event. Every time we needed something there was some one there to make sure we got it. They supplied special diet dinneres at the last minute and the set up was perfect- just as requested. My daughter had her dream wedding !!

Sent on 09/04/2012

Jennifer · Married on 07/28/2012

Wonderful service! Attention was given to every detail.

• Kristin

Kristin · Married on 10/09/2011

Our wedding planner, Brooke Tallman, did an absolutely fantastic job over the last year! We could not have been more happy with how everything turned out! She was always available by phone and email to answer a multitude of questions, offering advice, and keeping everyone VERY happy! We absolutely loved her!! The Otesaga staff are very friendly and attentive, the food was amazing, and everyone's drinks were always full! Absolutely fantastic day!!

Sent on 10/14/2011

Erika · Married on 08/27/2011

We had a fantastic experience with The Otesaga. Our coordinator, Brooke, was very detail-oriented and ensured the wedding ran smoothly. The venue itself is stunning and the food exceeded our expectations. I highly recommend having your wedding here.

Sent on 11/20/2011

Jessica · Married on 05/24/2015

The team at the Otesaga made our wedding day absolutely perfect. Our guests are still talking about it and say its one of the best weddings they've ever been to. The food, quality of service and setting were all on point. We had a perfect day and the guests loved the cocktail hour out on the veranda. Our wedding coordinator stayed until the end of the night to make sure everything went perfectly. After the reception, we had S'mores outside and lit lanterns off over the lake. It was perfect. If I could do the day over, I wouldn't change a second of the time we spent at the Otesaga. I highly recommend this space for your reception.

Sent on 12/11/2015

Nicole · Married on 10/20/2012

I'm so glad I had my wedding at the Otesaga. Many of my guests said it was the most beautiful wedding they had been to and this is due in large part to the location. I took off a half point for flexibility because you have to use their in-house caterer. That being said, the service and food were very good and everything ran like clockwork. I didn't have an interest in spending extra time planning so the package thing was ideal for me. And while they have packages, you can personalize to a degree. This is definitely not a wedding mill.

Sent on 11/11/2012

Laura · Married on 05/14/2011

Brooke Tallman and the staff at the otesaga went above and beyond to make sure that my husbands and my wedding day went smoothly and according to plan. She supported us throughout the entire planning process and on the day of she ensured us that it would be one of the best of our lives. I have nothing but the very best to say about Brooke and her team - we will continue to try and spend each anniversary back at the Otesaga reminiscing about our beautiful wedding day!

Sent on 12/05/2012

Top notch! Had our ceremony and reception at the otesaga the Sunday of LDW. We were the last of the weddings that wknd (at least 2xday from Fri-Sun and I believe 4 on site in some capacity on our day). That didn't matter one bit-our wedding was just as amazing as if it was the only one. We worked with Brooke-She is the definition of professional. We threw so many random requests at her to make our big day unique and I was blown away when I got the wedding BEO form & all these requests were included. She didn't miss a thing! As a luxury resort, you may guess weddings would be pretentious But completely opposite-warm & accommodating. The day of our wedding we were treated like royalty with a room for the girls to get ready complete with steamer, mirrors, tables & water. Our ceremony was on the lawn overlooking the lake & the hotel even setup the chairs in a circular fashion with no objections bc I wanted a more intimate seating arrangement! Picturesque Cocktail hour on the veranda: Guests raved about the crudités & passed apps. The groom & I even had our own personal platter along with cocktails when we were taking photos so we didn't miss cocktail hour completely! During the reception we had our own personal server. Amazing food: Guests even received new plates when staff noticed the filet was not cooked to perfection! We live in Pittsburgh w/ the tradition of the cookie table. The hotel gave us a stunning cookie room with all of our desserts on display resembling a dessert boutique! For decor, I had all different centerpieces and the staff made the ballroom the most beautiful venue I've seen with only direction from me: "put things where they look nice." I could go on, but all you need to know is that this venue is so high class w/o being obnoxious or fussy. Our guests thanked us for having our wedding in one of NYs most beautiful locations. We can't stop taking about our perfect wedding and thank Brooke & the entire staff at the Otesaga for making that happen!

Sent on 09/15/2015

Amanda · Married on 09/15/2012

The Otesaga was the perfect venue for my dream wedding. Amazing food, service and the best overall experience. Gordon and his team are experienced professionals that pay attention to all the details . Gordon's advice along the way was precious! The venue is more expensive than other upstate options, but I hold true to my word when I say it is worth every penny. Many guests stated it was the best wedding they ever had attended. Thank you Otesaga for providing the backdrop for the best day of my life .

• Kate

Kate · Married on 06/23/2012

We loved having our wedding at the Otesaga and wouldn't change a thing! The hotel and location are gorgeous, and some of our guests said this was the best food they had EVER had at a wedding. The staff was amazing as well: nice, professional and very organized.

Sent on 11/10/2012

Ashley · Married on 07/03/2010

The Otesaga is a beautiful place for a wedding and for the price, it really isn't that bad. The food was great and for the most part they were pretty flexible on things. They did forget a few items that I had wanted for the food but no one walked away hungry. One thing that was kind of annoying was that when we had gone for a tour of the place we had asked if we could get a group of rooms we could get a discount and the person said yes and told us it would be around $200 a night with a two night minimum. Then when we went to call to group the rooms, they changed what they had said before- no group discount and price was way too much for our guests. (As the majority of our guests were from out of town) It was very accommodating when it came to decorating and putting things together- they did a lot- which was wonderful. But overall I wouldn't have changed to any other place around upstate NY. This is the best place to have your wedding.

Sent on 02/24/2011
  • Jordan

Jordan · Married on 06/11/2016

3.5

The Otesaga is an amazing venue and the perfect place for us to live out our dream wedding! Breathtaking lake views, professional staff, and luxurious atmosphere! After meeting with Gordon (Event Coordinator) and touring the hotel and grounds, we immediately knew this was where we were going to get married!

Gordon is a consummate professional, who is knowledgable and experienced in coordinating weddings. He's easy to work with, humorous at times to lighten the pressure and mood, and highly organized with wedding preparations.

The food, drinks, and service were top notch! They excelled in making our guests comfortable and delivered impressive service!

Since the Otesaga is a popular venue, their availability becomes limited, especially during the summer. We had to book our wedding over a year in advance to get the date we wanted.

Our reception was only allowed to go until 10pm, due to hotel policy, with respects to the other guests who are staying above the ball room...which is a little disappointing. BUT, their fire pit bar was a great place to continue the after party.

Unfortunately, afew of our guests who stayed at the hotel, complained to us about charges that were mistaking added to their bill. We had a similar problem, to where we were charged for dinner and drinks at 8:30pm, which was during the time of our wedding! Simple fix, but not a mistake that you expect the Otesaga to make.

We highly recommend this venue and Gordon, for anyone to have a beautiful wedding!

Sent on 06/29/2016
  • User2172093 · 2+ years ago

Wonderful all the way around! We would absolutely recommend The Otesaga for any event.

Sent on 11/21/2012