49 Reviews for The Otesaga Resort Hotel

Buffet (1)
Stations (1)
House Liquor (1)
Specialty Wine (1)

Our wedding at The Otesaga was literally perfect, and I don’t abuse the word literally. I wouldn’t have changed a single thing. Between the ceremony on the flawlessly manicured lawn overlooking the water, the appetizers on the veranda at sunset, and the absolutely stunning ballroom, our guests had a wonderful time. Megan was amazing. She helped us with a tasting to narrow down the menu. She was always there to help with our unending stream of questions. And her staff executed everything exactly as I had envisioned it…better actually.

Profile Picture User5517365, Recently Married, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We cannot say enough wonderful things about The Otesaga. It was the perfect wedding venue for us and our guests.
We all had the best weekend! Gordon, his team, and all of the staff at the hotel were FABULOUS!!! Everyone was extremely responsive, easy to work with and willing to do whatever they could to accommodate our needs and requests. The venue is absolutely gorgeous, the hotel rooms are beautiful and comfortable, and the food was fantastic. We will definitely be making it an annual trip to return to the Otesaga to celebrate our anniversary.

Profile Picture Amy, 3/4/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Linens, Indoor, Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Event Planning, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Stations, Tastings

I am not sure that I can say enough positive things about the Otesaga. Our wedding was absolutely perfect and they made it easy through the entire process. Our coordinator Megan responded quickly to emails, accommodated everything we asked for, and made the day seamless. Sadly the weather did not cooperate for an outdoor ceremony, which was a bit sad, but the venue is so unique and beautiful on the inside as well, that we had a beautiful and intimate ceremony inside. Food during cocktail hour was delicious and seemingly never ending and we had nothing but praise for all of the food/drinks and serving staff who were so attentive and helpful to all of our guests, including young children. Our waitress for the sweetheart table (April) remembered what we had bene drinking and had drinks waiting for us, boxed up our 1/2 eaten meals (they were delicious, we were just too busy socializing to sit for long), as well as our cake and other desserts for us to take back to our room. Everything was set up beautifully without us having to do anything on the day of the wedding, they literally took care of it all. We had rooms for both the men and women to get ready in as well as a babysitting room. The venue is so special and beautiful and everyone who works there makes sure that all guests feel special and have a great time. All of our guests had such a great time we are really grateful for the entire staff.

Profile Picture Mike, 10/22/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Linens, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Event Planning, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Tastings

Amazing amazing amazing!!!! My wedding was absolutely perfect because of this place and all the people that work there! All my wedding guests enjoyed staying in Cooperstown for the weekend. This venue is absolutely breathtaking!! You will not be disappointed if you get married here. I highly recommend the Otesaga! I just want to re-live my wedding day all over again because of how amazing it was here!

Profile Picture User4852253, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Otesaga speaks for itself with overall character and beauty. The setting right on the lake makes for a gorgeous ceremony rain or shine. The rooms and interior are unbelievably beautiful from the tall ceilings the molding and the decor to keep a modern historic look to it. It was everything we were going for, a vintage romantic look. The staff at the Otesaga was amazing from dealing with rooms, to Brooke who helped us plan almost everything. They do wedding all the time so they were always there for advice when needed. They were always adaptable. Working in customer service I know how much they really go through just to make their clients happy. Our wedding at the Otesaga resort was more than fairytale it was magical!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 10/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Amazing venue! Yes Cooperstown is a bit out of the way, but it is worth it once you get there, and there is nothing more you could want out of a venue like the Otesaga. Super professional and helpful staff that will accommodate any request. The view and setting is so awesome, its like something out of a movie. All of our guests are still talking about how amazing it was. You will not be disappointed with this venue!

Profile Picture Alexandra, 9/19/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Event Planning, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Tastings, Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Specialty Beer, Barware, China, Flatware, Linens, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access

There was no other place that I looked @ for our wedding and of course they didn't disappoint. The team at the Otesaga made our day seamless and run so smoothly.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Megan, 4/25/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Otesaga provided my husband and I with our dream wedding. We worked with Melissa and Gordon, who both ensured that everything would run smoothly for our big day. I was most impressed with the professionalism of every staff member and the ability to accommodate even last minute details. It was clear that the wedding staff knew exactly what they were doing and knew how to provide a flawless, yet very personalized wedding. The grounds, ballroom and veranda were spectacular and I couldn't have imagined a more gorgeous wedding venue.

Profile Picture Beth, 9/27/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Gordon and his team at the Otesaga are amazing. I've known Gordon for years and I was so happy to finally get to work with him! We had planned to have the dinner at the Leatherstocking Patio but sadly, the weather wasn't on our side. Gordon and his team seamlessly moved the large dinner (60+ people) over to the Otesaga and you would not have been able to tell what they presented wasn't the original plan. The food, the service, everything was wonderful!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 8/23/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Working with Brooke in event planning was great. She accommodated everything I asked for and was helpful with suggestions that made my wedding perfect. She was right there to make sure everything went off as planned. Thanks for making my day beautiful.

Profile Picture Kathleen, 8/16/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wedding was Beautiful , perfect , Flawless. The Otesaga Hotel is Beautiful and hands down the best venue in that area. I worked with Melissa (event coordinator) and she was great ,so helpful. The Otesaga Hotel speaks for its self, but all of the outstanding staff makes it extra special. I am beyond happy with how our wedding ceremony and reception turned out!

Profile Picture jordan, 7/18/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Gorgeous Venue, Impeccable Service!

We were lucky enough to get married at this beautiful hotel set on Lake Otsego in Cooperstown, NY. All the staff at the Otesaga were extremely attentive and helpful. The event manager, Gordon, was great and managed all the details of our ceremony and reception, ensuring that everything went as planned on the big day. The food at the Otesaga is amazing and the quality of the food is not at all downgraded for wedding receptions. We were also able to have our rehearsal dinner on site which provided us with another amazing meal and experience. The rooms of the hotel each have their own personal charm. Overall the Otesaga provided us with the most beautiful and relaxing backdrop a bride and groom could ask for!

Profile Picture Niki, 7/5/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had our wedding here last month, and could not have been happier with our choice in venues. From the beautiful ceremony by the lake, to the cocktail hour on the veranda, reception in the ballroom and post-reception drinks by their impressive outdoor fireplace, everything was perfect! Our guests could not stop raving about how gorgeous The Otesaga was. Our coordinator, Melissa, was equally as amazing. We stopped in one day without an appointment and she quickly met us to show us around and answer all of our questions. We were planning the wedding from out of state and Melissa made it so easy with her professionalism, responsiveness, organization, and flexibility. She was open to any and all of our ideas and made sure that nothing was missed! Once our wedding day arrived, Melissa made sure that everything was set up exactly as we requested. She oversaw each and every step of the day flawlessly, which gave me and my husband the peace of mind to relax and enjoy our day. We can’t wait to get back here sometime soon! I would highly recommend The Otesaga for your wedding, a nice brunch or dinner, a weekend away, etc. Such a stunning and hospitable resort!

Profile Picture Megan, 6/7/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I couldn't be happier with our choice of The Otesaga Hotel for our venue. The setting on the lake is beautiful and the ballrooms are so grand that you really don't need any other decorations. We worked with Melissa who was very professional and promptly answered all of our questions as we were planning remotely. The staff was very friendly and extremely accommodating, they spent the extra effort to make sure we had everything we needed.

Profile Picture User3452385, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Otesaga was an amazing wedding venue!! Gordon Clarkson, our coordinator, made sure that the day came together perfectly. The staff was friendly, helpful, and very attentive to my husband and I!! We can't wait to visit next year on our anniversary.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/24/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding in the off season so it was a winter wonderland (literally) and it was private event for our friends and family, which was important for us. We were able to guarantee enough rooms that we could re-open the hotel for the weekend. We worked with Melissa Reinheimer as our Event Manager and I cannot say enough about her. We worked with her for 10 months planning our wedding and she knows the hotel and the business very well. The weekend of our event went so smooth-from the rehearsal, to the ceremony, to the reception- the food and the service, everything far exceeded our expectations and I would recommend The Otesaga to anyone!

Profile Picture krysta, 2/16/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Brooke and the whole team at the Otesaga were simply amazing! They never failed to answer an email or question leading up to the wedding, were extremely accommodating and provided excellent food and service the day of the wedding. Could not ask for a better reception venue!

Profile Picture User3887788, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

The Otesaga Resort catered our wedding and we were incredibly pleased with the food and beverages. Our guests raved about the variety and how delicious everything was. We enjoyed our pre-wedding consultation, too. (Make sure to try the lobster mac n cheese, it's amazing!) Melissa Reinheimer was hands down one of the best event coordinators I've ever worked with, too. She was friendly, helpful, responsive, cheery, organized, proactive, and really went out of her way to make everything special - we couldn't have asked for anything more! We liked her so much, we asked her to be our day-of-event coordinator, too. She is a true gem! The entire team at the Otesaga was exceptional - from the head chef, to all of the servers and bartenders at the reception. We could not have been more impressed or pleased with our entire experience with the Otesaga!

Profile Picture Michele, 10/26/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Otesaga was an amazing venue!! And the coordinator, Melissa, was the sweetest and the most helpful wedding coordinator. They were so accommodating and the room was absolutely beautiful! They did an awesome job!!

Profile Picture Alley, 10/19/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Melissa and the Otesaga did an amazing job working with us to make our day so special. Any snag that we ran into they were able to help with! Everyone working at the Otesaga went above and beyone for our guest to make their experiance there wonderful.The Otesaga was beautiful and we couldnt have asked for a better place to get married!

Profile Picture Kristyn, 10/13/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Cake

I grew up spending my summers in Cooperstown, and had always wanted to get married at the Otesaga. When it finally happened in September of 2013, it was even better than I had ever imagined. Gorgeous views, accommodating staff, and delicious food!

Melissa Reinheimer at the Otesaga was an absolute life saver. She was so friendly and easy to deal with - and so helpful in planning everything! From helping us hand pick our food and drink menus, to handling EVERTHING day of. She made my special day go so smoothly, I absolutely could not have done it without her- She even went out mid ceremony to get me a red bull.

I love love LOVED my experience at the Otesaga and would recommend them to ANYONE!

Profile Picture User3865925, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Otesaga was a gorgeous venue with an exceedingly professional and gracious staff, and a very talented chef.

Profile Picture Sara, 9/14/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you are looking at The Otesaga to hold your wedding at. Do yourself a favor and stop the search. The ballroom and views of the lake are so simply gorgeous. The rooms are charming and unique. The hotel staff are exceptionally well trained in service and hospitality. We worked with Gordon as our event planner and he is the best. He is so accommodating in helping you make your wedding day everything you dreamed of. From the moment we showed up at the hotel two days before our wedding we were worry free in his hands. Additionally our mothers' put together our rehearsal dinner with him and couldn't sing his praises loud enough. We were so grateful to have had our wedding weekend at the Otesaga and very much look forward to our return for our anniversary!

Profile Picture Nikki, 9/1/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our daughter and son-in-law were married at the Otesaga on June 1, 2013. From the lovely ceremony on the lawn overlooking the lake, to the elegant cocktail party on the veranda, to the dinner reception in the ballroom...it was all perfect! Gordon Clarkson, our event planner was top-notch! He had everything under control from the beginning! An absolute professional in every way. The food was delicious and elegantly presented. The wait staff and bartenders took extremely good care of our guests! So many guests told us that they had never been to a better wedding! After the reception, we continued the party downstairs in the bar. Gordon arranged late night food for our guests and most of them continued to dance and drink and eat until 2:00 am! We received so many calls and notes from guests stating that it was such a marvelous event! We can't say enough about how wonderful Gordon Clarkson and the Otesaga staff were in making it a special weekend!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/1/13, 3 Reviews