The Osprey's at Belmont Bay Reviews

The Osprey's at Belmont Bay 5
The Osprey's at Belmont Bay 6
The Osprey's at Belmont Bay 7

Lisa · Married on 03/31/2017

We were married here on 3.31.17 and our wedding was everything we dreamed of. We were so happy with how everything turned out, it was truly the happiest day of our lives. We worked with Brooke to coordinate the wedding and she did a great job in making sure everything was done exactly how I wanted it and keeping me calm on the big day. I wasn't stressed at all while getting ready in regards to how the venue would look. There's a few things I'm sad about, 2 which is at NO fault to the Osprey's, is we were married inside instead of outside by the water (it still looked amazing) and I wish we had gotten married on a sunnier day (however, they say cloudy makes great photos and I have to say, I'm in love with mine!). I was a bit upset (disappointed) that our wedding flutes were returned to us and mine was broken at the stem. I'm not sure if one of the caterer workers dropped it and put it in the box without me seeing but I wish someone had told me and offered to replace it. It would be nice to have our glasses to drink from on our 1 year anniversary. Other than that, I am very happy! Thank you so much for such a wonderful experience!

Sent on 07/20/2017

Laetetia · Married on 12/30/2016

We held our reception here for our December wedding. The venue is fantastic. it was already decorated with some additional lights because of the holiday which classed up the event even more! One of the best parts of the venue was the ability to eat in one room and having the dancing and cocktail hour in the other room. This allowed some of the older folks who wanted a chance to chat to be able to do so without having to yell while to party was in full swing in the other room. We loved the location because it was convenient to the local hotels and easy access to 95. Brooke was fantastic with answering our many questions and helping to facilitate the drop off of items before and on the big day without any stress. She also made sure that our event ran smoothly the day of. I will note that our wedding was on a Friday, so that made renting the venue significantly cheaper due to weekday pricing...just a thought for budget conscious brides!

Sent on 01/20/2017
  • Cassie

Cassie · Married on 10/22/2016

Wow!!! Osprey's was FANTASTIC! A nice outdoor ceremony location, with indoor facilities for dinner and dancing was exactly what I was looking for. Osprey's location along the river was perfect. The pergola and stone walkway offered spectacular photos. The price was far less than other similar locations in Alexandria and well worth it!

Despite a chilly and very windy day, we were still able to have the outdoor ceremony that I really wanted, but the remainder of the evening was spent indoors, which was just as fabulous. They recently renovated their bar/dance floor area to open it up and make more space. The bridal and groom's suites were perfect. Our guests were not able to enjoy the patio and balcony as much as I'd hoped, but between the dance floor and the dining room, the area was far from crowded with our 150 guests.

Brooke was AMAZING!! She was so personable, attentive and detail oriented. She and the staff ensured that everything was setup exactly as described. And I didn't need to do anything. She was very responsive via email with my multiple random questions in the months prior.

So many of our guests commented on how beautiful the venue was and we are sooo happy with our choice!

Sent on 12/30/2016

Megan · Married on 10/21/2016

We had our ceremony and reception at the Osprey and I am very pleased we chose it as our venue. Brooke was very helpful and responsive during the planning process and the day of she was very attentive. The venue has a gorgeous view of the river and there are both lovely indoor and outdoor spaces for your guests to mingle. The weather unfortunately didn't cooperate for our day, but there was already a back up plan in place so the transition was seamless. A huge bonus for us was we were able to incorporate our dog into the ceremony. Overall I was very pleased with the Osprey and would highly recommend them.

Sent on 11/06/2016

Tatiana · Married on 10/15/2016

I recently got married on October 15th, and the Osprey's was my ceremony venue. I'm so glad I chose this venue! The wedding coordinator, Brooke, was very friendly, flexible, professional, and efficient! She was a dream to work with. Not only was Brooke great, but the other staff/team at the Osprey's was accommodating and helpful. The entire wedding event was stress-free! The venue itself is in a beautiful location with a gorgeous view. I highly recommend this venue if you're looking for a beautiful view and a stress-free day.

Sent on 10/20/2016

Andrew · Married on 10/08/2016

Wow! What can we say!? Brooke and her professional team were amazing! The venue was perfect with the backdrop of the Occoquon River behind the altar. The beautiful overlook of the grassy fairway from the rear balcony. It unfortunately rained on our day but was it had stopped for a few moments just in time to grab some beautiful sunset pictures. There was already a backup plan in place for rainy days which makes planning with this venue a no-brainer. I would highly recommend this venue! Thank you so much!!

Sent on 12/08/2016

Steph · Married on 10/01/2016

Brooke was amazing. All the staff were friendly and professional. Highly recommended!

Sent on 11/06/2016

Jessica · Married on 09/25/2016

So awesome! The place is beautiful, Brooke is wonderful and great to work with! Everything was perfect, could not ask for a better day!

Sent on 10/21/2016

Kelly · Married on 09/17/2016

The Osprey's at Belmont Bay was my ideal wedding venue! I was looking for a place that would have a good space for outdoor pictures, and a nice area inside. The Osprey's exceeded my expectations. To my husband's relief, I only had to take him to tour one wedding venue--as soon as I saw the space, and met the onsite coordinator, Brooke, I knew we had to book! The recent renovations added a gorgeous bridal suite, and expanded the dance floor, which was perfect for my wedding guests! I liked how the dinner area was separate from dancing, so that people who didn't want to dance could hang out in the banquet area and not have to shout over music to have conversations.

I was fortunate to have beautiful weather, and we held our ceremony outside on the pergola. The views were spectacular, and guests commented on how beautiful the venue was. Since the weather was nice guests spent time on the patio for cocktail hour. At night, we had a s'mores bar set up around a fire pit for guests to enjoy.

Brooke made the day completely stress free for me! She coordinated with all of my vendors, and set up the chalkboard signs, decorations, place cards and cupcake stand I brought so that I didn't have to worry about anything, and could focus on enjoying my wedding! She was so organized, and put me completely at ease. I would recommend this venue and Brooke to anyone looking for a gorgeous spot to get married!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Kim · Married on 09/09/2016

We held our ceremony & reception all at the Osprey September 9th. What an absolutely stunning venue! Brooke and her staff are incredibly easy to work with. Brooke was very prompt with responses to any questions I had, and she was always very helpful. You will need to use outside vendors linens, catering, etc. We used Shawn’s Smokehouse for our catering and linen. Our guests raved about the food. Stephanie was a dream to work with through the entire experience. Our DJ Flave Styles (Bran Alston) was fabulous!!! Our guests had a great time throughout the evening.

This was such an amazing experience! We HIGHLY recommend the Osprey to anyone looking for a venue. Brooke, our wedding coordinator, was amazing. The entire day was perfect and super easy. This definitely is a place to pursue for your wedding and I'm forever grateful to the wonderful people at Osprey, Shawn’s Smokehouse and DJ Flave Styles (Bryan Alston).

Sent on 09/27/2016

Judith · Married on 08/19/2016

I highly recommend this venue. Since the first moment I stood in the venue, I told my husband, I want our wedding here. Brooke my weeding planner was a WONDERFUL in every detail. The venue feels so warm and comfortable. We had our ceremony outside and the view of the water was stunning. You I cannot say enough good things about this venue! From the moment we arrived, the on-site coordinator (Brooke) was ready with everything. She was incredibly professional, and completely calm throughout the entire evening. Our guest were extremely impressed with the venue, and the recent remodel was awesome. The dancing room and the dinning room make every moment unforgettable.

Sent on 10/21/2016

Diana · Married on 08/13/2016

Osprey's is an absolutely fabulous place to get married! The views are breathtaking for an outdoor ceremony and the recently renovated indoor space is perfect for a great reception. Not only is it beautiful, but Brooke (venue coordinator) is amazing to work with. She is calm and detail oriented and works with you to make sure that all questions are answered. On the wedding day, I was able to truly enjoy in part because I knew that Brooke was taking care of everything and I trusted her to execute the vision we had discussed. Brooke also provided recommended vendors, which helped ease the planning process. The established relationships that Brooke has with these vendors also shows on wedding day, as she is able to smoothly communicate and set up to ensure things go well on your big day!!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Liz · Married on 08/07/2016

The first day I went to see the Osprey’s, I knew that’s where I wanted to get married. After my first visit, I cancelled all other potential venues I was going to visit. The Osprey’s is gorgeous for outdoor ceremony and/or indoor reception. The venue offers a wedding coordinator, Brooke Stokes who I call my stress relief pill. She was with me every step of the way from the planning stage to the send-off. She’s attentive, professional, smart, bold and a great organizer. I had an outdoor ceremony in a gorgeous August weather and an indoor cocktail/reception, with a sparkle send-off at the end of the evening. She made sure everything flow smoothly and in a timely manner. Brooke was also involved in getting me out of a photographer that wasn’t very much suited for the ideal day we planned. I’ve seen her go above and beyond for her brides. I’m forever grateful for all the support she provided me. My pictures, videos and aerial images came out great people think I got married at a Florida beach. Couples attended our wedding also fell in love with the venue, they were expressing interest in renewing their vows at the Osprey’s. If you’ve a chance to wed at the Osprey’s, you’ll not be disappointed!!!

Sent on 09/07/2017

Brittany · Married on 06/24/2016

My husband and I got married at The Osprey's at Belmost Bay back in June. We could not have been more pleased with our magical day! Brooke did an outstanding job of working and communicating with us a year up until our wedding day, she handled EVERYTHING for me the day off, and made sure I was 100% stress free. She always made sure our wedding party and guests were having a great time! Mu husband is from Peru so we really wanted to have a Peruvian cocktail hour. Brooke was very accomodating and flexible with us working with an outside caterer to achieve our goal we had in mind.

I would highly reccomend anyone to have their wedding at this location! Maybe I'll have my baby shower here in a few years ;)

Sent on 10/26/2016

The community and view behind the gazebo are breathtaking. It allows your photos to reflect God's beautiful creation.
    This venue also offers bridal and groomsmen suites which are convenient and spacious. The separate entertainment rooms allow the cocktail hour and reception to be intimate. Brooke, the venue coordinator did a great job helping to make our day to flow well. She is organized, flexible, and friendly.

Sent on 06/25/2016

I cannot say enough good things about this venue! My husband and I recently got married, and our reception was held at the Osprey's at Belmont Bay. Our day couldn't have gone any better. From the moment we arrived, the on-site coordinator (Brooke) was ready with everything. She was incredibly professional, and completely calm throughout the entire evening. Our guest were extremely impressed with the venue, and the recent remodel was awesome! We ended up with periodic rain and sunshine throughout the evening, but no one even noticed because of how great the venue was inside! The view of the water was stunning during dinner, and we were even lucky enough to have a rainbow appear before sunset. It was absolutely perfect!

I highly recommend this venue. Brooke was a dream to work with. She was very detail oriented, and she gave us vendor recommendations when we first met that ended up being perfect! She has worked with several vendors during various events, and it really was noticeable at how well she was able to coordinate with the DJ and catering companies to make things run smoothly. They definitely have everything down to a science, and they are all great at what they do!

Sent on 05/30/2016
  • mindy

mindy · Married on 05/14/2016

My Husband and I got married at the Osprey's at Belmont Bay in May 2016. I grew up in the neighborhood as a kid so I knew I wanted to have my special day right there. Brooke was absolutely amazing. She was there for me every step of the way as if she were one of my own bridesmaids :) I would e-mail her ideas to see if what I wanted to pull off was possible and she made every effort to make my day exactly how I had it pictured. I wouldn't have changed anything about my day except the rain and having to move the ceremony inside last minute. But other than that my wedding was still amazing and Brooke was awesome :)

Sent on 10/26/2016

Melissa · Married on 03/26/2016

We had the absolute best day of our lives on our wedding day, and it all started at the beautiful Osprey's at Belmont Bay. Our wedding was the first wedding in the newly renovated facility, and it was absolutely gorgeous! My wedding was set at the end of March, and I truly appreciate Brooke for assuring me that the day would be beautiful whether we were outdoors (which we, were! It was gorgeous being able to walk towards the river and take our vows at the pergola) or inside the newly renovated facility. Brooke is great with making sure that your special day stays on track, and helps with making sure you are on track for the big day. I would highly recommend this facility if you are looking to get married somewhere beautiful and on the water!

Sent on 05/03/2016

Martha · Married on 10/18/2015

Osprey is an incredible venue!! The water view is to die for and the indoor facilities are amazing!! We got married Oct. 18 and it was a perfect day for an outside ceremony at the waters edge. The reception and dancing took place inside in the spacious bar and banquet areas!! I cannot say enough of the beauty of this venue!!

The staff was also excellent!! I could not have asked for better. Always there for me during the planning with excellent ideas or solutions to any problems I came across in my ideas for our wedding!! During the wedding and reception they were right on things and our wedding had absolutely no glitches!! It went perfectly!!

The staff, namely Brooke, was also great in calming my jitters!! Thank you Ospreys and Brooke for making my dream wedding come true!!!

Sent on 12/28/2015

Heather · Married on 06/20/2015

I planned my wedding in less than two months. I had looked at other venues - which were much more expensive, did not have the availability, and also lacked the scenic view of a pergola right by the Potomac River. I was fortunate that there was an opening for my wedding date. The best feature of my venue was working with Brooke, the coordinator. She made certain that every detail was thought of and that everything went smoothly. The night of my wedding - there was very severe thunderstorm. The roads were flooded and blocked - and Brooke made sure my DJ made it there, and that everything went as it should have. Everyone that attended my wedding raved about the Osprey and how great my wedding was. I would highly recommend the Osprey to anyone looking to have a beautiful wedding or any other social event.

Sent on 06/24/2015

The Osprey's at Belmont Bay's reply:

As soon as I met you I was hoping I would get the chance to work with you! The 2 months of planning went by so fast, and you did such a great job with all of the planning. I wish you the best and again congratulations!

Sandra · Married on 06/13/2015

June wedding 2015!
    Having my wedding at Osprey's Belmont Bay! Was an amazing experience!!!The views and setting was great. It was my dream wedding. Brook was an awesome coordinator and great person to work with. She made sure all my questions got answersed and guide me through it all even when I was nervous:) The catering that was provided by them was delicious! My guests loved it. Overall, I'm glad I said I DO! at Osprey's Belmont Bay! It was an unforgettable experience.
    Thank you Brooke and staff for making it possible!

Sent on 10/16/2015

Linda · Married on 08/16/2014

The Osprey’s was my Dream Wedding backdrop! I found the Osprey’s one day looking for a Bridal show at the Harbor View. I was totally lost and upon giving up my search, I called my brother who actually lives in Belmont Bay. He and his wife asked me if I had looked that the Ospreys and when I told them no, they proceeded to give me a tour. It was love at first sight! As soon as I saw the venue, with the outdoor ceremony location and water in the background, I knew I had to have my wedding there. When I spoke with the coordinator, Bryan Ruongrat, about my wedding, he made it so easy for me to “Say Yes” to the Venue! He is a fantastic partner to work with when you are putting together something as stressful as a wedding.
    He and his team were truly fantastic! If I had to do another event, I would pick the Ospreys. The food was delicious, the drinks were excellent, and the catering team was awesome!
    Though we had close to 140 guests, everyone was comfortable and the catering team had access to all their guests. Bryan made everything perfect and people are still raving about how beautiful the wedding was. I just can’t say enough! If you want a beautiful and successful event, call the Osprey’s Golf Club. You won’t regret it!!

Sent on 08/28/2014

Sheetal · Married on 07/06/2014

As soon as I saw the venue, the pergola with the water in the background and the lush green trees, I knew this is the place that I wanted to get married.

Bryan, the event coordinator, is fantastic. This was his first Indian wedding at this location, and he was more than accommodating. He understood my needs and listened to my ideas. He and his staff were so helpful the day of the wedding. The wedding was a huge success.

I would highly recommend this venue for your wedding and/or reception. Check out the venue in person yourself and then make your decision!

Sent on 08/03/2014
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 06/07/2014

I had a fabulous experience at Osprey's! From the beautiful view to the great service of our coordinator (specifically Bryan Ruongrat), it was a fantastic experience and wonderful wedding :)

Sent on 06/20/2014

Latonia · Married on 05/24/2014

I could not have chosen a better venue.The staff was extremely helpful and very patient with me .As we all know being a bride can be very stressfull.Bryan who is the events coordinator was perfect.The venue speaks for itself.I must say having my wedding reception at Ospreys was the best decision ever.It took my wedding theme over the top.

Sent on 06/23/2014