The Osprey's at Belmont Bay Reviews

The Osprey's at Belmont Bay 5
The Osprey's at Belmont Bay 6
The Osprey's at Belmont Bay 7
  • User6310762 · 1+ year ago

Brooke and her staff made our wedding day absolutely perfect. This is a gorgeous venue overlooking the river, and the dining room and dance floor and beautiful and spacious. We actually booked our wedding at the Osprey's 20 months before our wedding, and personally witnessed Brooke transform this venue into the best wedding venue possible. Her attention to detail is second to none, and she and her staff were always incredibly responsive to emails and phone calls. The day of the wedding, Brooke decorated with my autumn leaves and tea lights, and it took my breathe away when I saw the work she did. Like most brides, I was overwhelmed on the wedding day, but Brooke was always there when I needed anything, even a fix to my bustle or a glass of wine. Our guests were so impressed with the venue itself and with the staff. At the end of this process, she became a friend, not just a coordinator. If you are looking for a beautiful venue with staff you can count on, the Osprey's will make all your wedding wishes come true.

Sent on 10/29/2017
    The Osprey's at Belmont Bay 8

Jennifer · Married on 10/07/2017

We just had our wedding there on 3/31/2018 and it was absolutely amazing! The ceremony was outside in front of the water and the view was everything. Meghan and her team made my day perfect with no worries. She would always respond to my emails quickly. They made my dream come true!

Sent on 04/04/2018

Tara · Married on 10/01/2017

I don't even know where to begin raving about The Osprey's. I looked at a lot of venues online and the Osprey's was one of the few that had everything I wanted -- and more. They had a gorgeous ceremony site right on the Occoquan River and an equally quaint view out back on the golf course. The venue was recently remodeled with wood tile throughout the venue and a beautiful mahogany bar.

When we booked the venue they told us the price includes a day-of coordinator. I wouldn't have thought to hire a day-of coordinator but Kelly was on top of things and made my day so seamless. She handled all of the set up and breakdown so we could just enjoy our day. She also teamed up with the coordinator to make sure that my groom and I had everything we needed. She had all kinds of tips and tricks to make sure we had some down time together and could enjoy little moments here and there as husband and wife.

The venue itself is just gorgeous. I can't imagine a more picturesque venue that combined everything we love most about Virginia. There are tons of great spots for photo ops.

The only down side is that the parking lot is small and the venue is located at the end of a residential community so you pretty much have to hire buses to bring everyone in and out or your guests have to pay for a cab. I wanted to hire buses anyway but just keep in mind that you might have the added expense.

Sent on 10/03/2017

The Osprey's at Belmont Bay's reply:

Thank you so much for hosting your wedding with us! It was absolutely beautiful and was so much fun working with you! It really was our pleasure to be there day of to make sure everything ran smoothly and ensure you were enjoying your day! I do want to apologize if we did not fully communicate our second parking lot on the other side of our building. It is a little more discreet, but holds up to 75 more cars. We have an event parking sign out to direct cars, but apologize if guests did not utilize the space. We try to keep the sign not too large or colorful so it doesn't affect the beautiful backdrop, but this is great feedback and greatly appreciate you taking the time to let us know!

Kelsey · Married on 09/30/2017

My husband and I didn't visit many wedding venues, but I knew as soon as we toured The Ospreys at Belmont Bay that this was where we wanted to get married. As two very no-nonsense people, we really appreciated working with Brooke, whose professionalism and flexibility throughout the whole process was very calming. She was extremely responsive and easy to work with, from the day I first emailed her for a tour to the day of our wedding. Having a day-of coordinator is the best thing a bride and groom can do; we went through everything she needed to know the day before, so that on the day of the wedding, we didn't have to worry about a thing. She even made sure we always had a drink in our hand and were having a good time. We really can't speak highly enough of Brooke - she literally made our wedding day the easiest day for us.

The Ospreys is a stunning venue. If you're a couple looking for tons and tons of photos on the day, the photo op spots might be somewhat limited for you. However, there is a beautiful willow tree out back, and of course you are right on the river.

The only mishap we had was when our coordination meeting was accidentally double-booked with a daytime wedding - oops! Even then, Brooke made sure to find a quiet spot for the three of us to sit and go through all the details we needed to know.

We would recommend The Ospreys to anyone having a smaller wedding (ours was about 100 people, though the venue does fit more).

Sent on 10/09/2017
    The Osprey's at Belmont Bay 9

Ericka · Married on 09/30/2017

The Osprey's was a dream venue for my husband and I. We wanted an elegant dining room, with plenty of space for dancing and socializing. The venue offers a fantastic view and the opportunity to have guests enjoy the outdoors as well. Brooke and Kelly were amazing to work with. They helped us coordinate a wedding from another state and they truly made it so easy. I was confident the wedding would be beautiful because of their help, and it sure was.I wish I could relive our wedding day, and that credit is owed to the venue! Thank you!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Jeremy · Married on 09/23/2017

My husband and I had an amazing experience planning our wedding with Brooke, and then switching over to Kelly the months prior to our wedding. Both of these ladies were exceptional! I have nothing but the utmost gratitude for Kelly who helped me SO much the day of the wedding. Thank you Kelly!! You’re amazing!! Also the venue was gorgeous and everything went so smoothly!!

Sent on 02/02/2018
    The Osprey's at Belmont Bay 10
    The Osprey's at Belmont Bay 11

Aneta · Married on 09/16/2017

The venue is beautiful, the staff is so nice and organized, and the price is on the more reasonable side for the Northern VA/DC area. My wedding was so smooth and I owe it all to Kelly. I was impressed at how organized everything was when we had our final meeting. She answered all my questions and gave me advice when I asked. If I needed something to be different, she listened. It was overall an amazing experience and I would do it over again. We lucked out with fabulous weather, and on a nice day, The Osprey's is just simply gorgeous. A huge thank you to the whole staff, you guys rock!

Sent on 10/20/2017

Sandra · Married on 09/10/2017

We choose the Osprey's because of the beautiful setup for our outdoor ceremony, and their elegant receptions rooms. What we didn't know was that it also included the top notch quality customer service. We worked with Brooke and mostly with Kelly all the way until the day of the wedding. Kelly responded every single question and concern I had within minutes. She managed a perfect rehearsal including 5 little ones, and the day of the wedding she was on top of everything. She even helped us with the decorations. I felt completely at ease knowing that she was there taking care of all the details, and everything went smoothly! She is wonderful, pleasant, detail oriented, and extremely competent and efficient. I would recommend them!! Thank you Kelly and Ospreys!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Brittany · Married on 09/09/2017

This review is long overdue but it is hard to find the words to express how amazing the Ospreys Belmont Bay Team is. I booked the venue after meeting with Brooke, who I could tell after that first meeting, really knew her stuff and was going to make it an easy process, but ended up working with Kelly who just continued that all the way through even after the event where she was still answering our questions! I cannot say enough about Kelly, it was so fun working with her I felt like I just had one more friend there with me when my wedding day came, she always made me so excited for everything! Kelly and Brooke made the night seem flawless even when things didn’t go as planned! Brooke saved the day when my bouquet came and the flowers were the wrong colors. Needless to say I was so upset and she had it fixed within minutes, so I was back to happy before it could ruin my day! Kelly made a huge delay, due to my Shuttle being over 30 minutes late, seem like it was intentional I didn’t even realize the time because of her! She made sure we stayed on schedule throughout the night to ensure we still had time for everything we wanted to do. We had a horrible family tragedy when my father passed away just a few weeks before the wedding, but Kelly ensured all the pieces fell into place that day so we could just enjoy some happy time with our family. I am sure my dad was looking down and thankful to them for ensuring my big day was everything he wanted for me. Thank you Kelly and Brooke!

Sent on 01/03/2018
    The Osprey's at Belmont Bay 12
    The Osprey's at Belmont Bay 13

Brandy · Married on 09/08/2017

Thank you to the Osprey's and our wonderful day of coordinator Kelly. The location and view are one of a kind. We wanted a location that our guest would be able to enjoy themselves and have fun. The Osprey's delivered and our guest are still commenting about how pretty the location is for a wedding. Kelly was extremely flexible and helpful throughout the process. I would highly recommend this location for your wedding. A++ across the board, THANK YOU!!!

Sent on 09/23/2017

Lynn · Married on 08/27/2017

This venue sparked joy in my heart when I first saw it. I love water, so to find a place to get married in Northern VA with such an amazing view of water meant a lot to me. Brooke is really kind and so on the ball with coordinating. We got many compliments from our guests on the venue. It really felt like "me" to get married here :)

Sent on 09/15/2017

Amber · Married on 08/12/2017

Brooke was the best! She made everything so easy for us so that we could just enjoy our day! I will definitely be recommending her to everyone that I know! Thanks for an amazing day!

Sent on 08/21/2017

Kelli · Married on 07/29/2017

The Osprey's at Belmont Bay was the perfect location for our wedding...We are so incredibly thankful that we found this Amazing venue for our wedding. The Osprey's at Belmont Bay is a gorgeous venue with breathtaking views and a layout that is perfect for either an indoor or outdoor ceremony. It offers Incredibly large, well lit spaces for a reception or indoor ceremony with bar and beautiful high ceilings. A gorgeous, back drop for either an indoor or outdoor wedding ceremony with a stunning view of the Potomac river, also providing incredible landscapes for your wedding photos no matter the season. This venue also provides a beautiful bridal suite and grooms quarters with plenty of space for family and friends...It has everything and more that you would need for your big day. Brooke, the planning coordinator, was awesome! She was there through it all, very friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, she listens to your ideas and offers great advice that she draws from her expertise. She has a way of giving you peace of mind as you plan your big day and a genuine desire to do all that she can to make your day just the way you envision it. We sincerely appreciate her talents and professionalism from start to finish, throughout the planning process, till the day of the big event. She would say everything will work out just perfect and it absolutely did! Many thanks, Kelli and Nik

Sent on 09/24/2017

Donna Lynn · Married on 07/22/2017

The venue was perfect for my daughter's "vision" and everyone worked hard to make her dream a reality. It was absolutely perfect. Ms Stokes was a wonderful coordinator to work with.

Sent on 05/21/2018
  • James

James · Married on 07/03/2017

We are so glad that we choose the Osprey's at Belmont Bay. The staff and our coordinator Brooke was AMAZING! Our ceremony was on July 3rd and was relatively small with about 70 guest. None the less, you would have never thought that, with the amount of details and extra accommodations Brooke and her staff made to make our day a success. We appreciate the hospitality and would recommend the Osprey's as the Wedding venue of chose 2017 and to any newlyweds looking to have an amazing wedding!

Sent on 08/01/2017

An · Married on 07/01/2017

Brooke and her team are super professional and nice. They made us feel comfortable and welcome. She was super responsive and answered all of my questions (which was a lot) to help calm my nerves. The place is so beautiful, we are still getting compliments! Our bridal suite was clean and spacious, perfect for getting ready pictures! I have no complaints about our decision to hold our wedding at the Osprey's. The price point was also within our budget, I felt like we got a great deal. Brooke is also super accommodating to our decor requests and made sure everything was exactly where I wanted! I highly recommend the Osprey's!

Sent on 09/05/2017

Lauren · Married on 06/09/2017

I was married at Osprey's at Belmont in June 2017 and it was the best decision I could have made. The venue itself is absolutely beautiful. All of our guests raved about the stunning waterfront views and gorgeous clubhouse reception site. Also, Brooke, the coordinator, and her staff was super helpful and responsive when we inundated them with questions about the big day! They did everything in their power to ensure we had the perfect, stress free, wedding day! I would highly recommend this venue to anyone out there still looking for the PERFECT venue for their wedding.

Sent on 09/06/2017

Diane · Married on 06/03/2017

My son was married at Osprey’s in June 2017, it was a wonderful experience. My guests have all reached out and expressed how impressed they were with the venue and the entire experience. The view is priceless. The club is impressive, I loved the bridal suite and the groom’s quarters. Kelly and Brooke are both knowledgeable and SUPER CALM and ready to assist in any way. We worked mainly with Kelly and she was wonderful. She seems soft spoken but when it’s time for the rehearsal and the event, she clearly knows what is going on and takes control. She went over last-minute details, got everyone where they were supposed to be at the right time and set the stage for the wedding to go off without a hitch. Osprey’s is not run like a military operation which is part of its charm. They are as flexible and accommodating as they can be while keeping everything in line. Osprey’s is a wonderful venue. Thanks to everyone at Osprey’s, especially Kelly. You helped give my new daughter a Cinderella wedding that she will never forget.

Sent on 06/24/2017

nicki · Married on 05/21/2017

The Osprey's at Belmont Bay was the absolute best thing that could have happened to our wedding! The venue itself is gorgeous. We had an outside ceremony on the pergola overlooking the river, a cocktail hour in the beautiful dark wood bar and a buffet dinner in the bright and open dining room.
    The attention to detail was phenomenal! Brooke made sure to answer all of my emails in a timely and friendly manner. She walked us through our multiple visits before we booked the place, conducted our rehearsal and was our direct coordinator for the the day of. She also provides us with her list of recommended vendors which made our lives so much easier! Everyone she recommended was spectacular! The entire process was so smooth and as stress free as possible, and it would not have happened with Brooke and her team! If you want a beautiful venue with a stellar and extremely friendly staff, this is the venue to go to! They all deserve a huge shout out for making our day so amazing!

Sent on 07/24/2017
  • Y

Yolonda · Married on 05/19/2017

So thankful for Brooke and Kelly making our day so special. As a wedding planner, I was extra picky about everything but they made me feel so comfortable and our wedding was truly the best day of my life!

Sent on 05/29/2017

Hannah · Married on 05/06/2017

We had our wedding on 5/6/17 and it was amazing!! The whole week before was 70 degrees and sunny and that day it was 55 degrees and rainy :(. We were still able to have it outside, and it cleared up and the sun came out just as we were saying our vows - it was stunning! This was the first venue we looked at and kept coming back to it because the outdoors and the reception area is just beautiful!! Brooke, the coordinator, is amazing - she responded to my non-stop emails in a very timely manner. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful, romantic way to get married; it was truly unforgettable!

Sent on 05/17/2017

Jennifer · Married on 04/29/2017

What a wonderful and affordable venue for a wedding! They offer indoor and outdoor ceremony options with a spectacular backdrop of the Occoquan River for your outdoor ceremony! Their inside setup was perfect to accommodate a cocktail hour with passed hors de oeuvres in the bar area, followed by a sit down meal in their ballroom, followed by dancing back in the bar area. Brooke Stokes was our wedding coordinator and she did not miss one detail. If it needed to be done, she was on it! What a breath of fresh air Brooke and The Ospreys are! I would recommend both of them without hesitation!

Sent on 05/11/2017

Rachel · Married on 04/29/2017

This venue is perfect. It's beautiful, modern, and right off of the Potomac River. The outdoor wedding space is stunning, and really made our ceremony special. The inside of the venue is bright, and open, and really requires very little decoration because it's already decorated beautifully. The grooms and bridal suites are huge, and provide the perfect place to get ready for the big day. The staff at Osprey's are very responsive, and give a lot of great advice during the wedding planning process. I had no idea what I was doing, but Kelly (one of the in-house coordinators) provided a great list of vendors for us to pick from and had great ideas for how we could make our day even more special. She coordinated with all of vendors, and made the whole process very smooth and seamless. We really cannot recommend this venue enough!! Our guests loved it!

Sent on 08/30/2017

Jasmine · Married on 04/29/2017

My husband and I got married this past June and it could have not been a more perfect day! The Osprey's is a gorgeous area and the waterfront is BEAUTIFUL! The dining room and ballroom were beautiful and so many options to accommodate your dream wedding. Brooke and her associates were amazing in helping us plan everything out before, during, and after the wedding! If you are unsure about vendors or ideas for your wedding they have samples and contact information with suggestions to help you out. I cannot thank Brooke and everyone at Osprey's for helping us making our special day a day to remember!

Sent on 09/05/2017

C.J · Married on 04/15/2017

Excellent facility, tremendously professional staff and a truly elegant venue to host any event. I just got married earlier today and my guests could not stop talking about the beautiful views and wonderful location, especially being next to the water. This is a 5-diamond worthy facility and staff, truly.

Sent on 04/15/2017