49 Reviews for The Onion Pub & Brewery

Plated (3)
Liquor License (3)
Specialty Beer (3)
Uncovered Outdoor (2)
All Inclusive Packages (2)
Wireless Internet (1)
Buffet (1)
Dessert (1)
Stations (1)
Cash Bar (1)
Signature Drink (1)
49 The Onion Pub & Brewery Reviews

This venue and staff is everything! The hall is absolutely stunning, and Jamie is truly the best. She is flexible, professional, and all around helpful. We are still getting compliments on how beautiful the venue was and how delicious the food was. We will remember this day for the rest of our lives. Don’t pass this place up, you won’t regret it!

Photo for The Onion Pub & Brewery Review - Pictures in the brewery
Profile Picture Desiree, 1/6/19, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Indoor, All Inclusive Packages, In-House Bar, Cake, Clean Up, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access

My daughter had her reception there 12/2/2017. The room was beautiful, the food was excellent and the staff very attentive. It was wonderful working with Jamie and her staff. They were accommodating to our guests and vendors. Professional and courteous. The room was amazing and atmosphere charming.

Profile Picture stephanie, 12/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our reception was gorgeous! A December event meant the room was already decorated with lights and trees/wreaths - absolutely beautiful. Food was good, drinks were fantastic and it was an elegant and beautiful event. Everything I could have asked for. The event coordinator answered all questions at the final walk through which made it easier to relax and know everything would be done perfectly! Would highly recommend to other!

Profile Picture Mallory, 12/1/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Indoor, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, In-House Bar, Cake, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Set Up

We had our ceremony on the patio and reception inside for 150 people. The venue did everything perfectly, and in combo with the work by floral and our planner, the inside looked perfect. We got so many compliments on the venue & food. Definitely check out the Onion! The value is fantastic for what you get as well, and Jamie, their coordinator, was great to work with!

Profile Picture Lauren , 8/12/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were married in the Onion Brewery and Pub on 12.17.16 and it was our DREAM wedding. It completely exceeded our expectations and was absolutely stunning!!! As two doctors in residency, my husband and I needed to find a venue that was flexible in communication and open to direction, without requiring too much hands on time. Jamie at the Onion was fantastic to work with- she always responded promptly to emails, adhered to the timeline, and communicated throughout the process. We had a winter wedding and had a very specific vision for our big day :) Jamie made that vision come to life! I provided pictures of my ideas and she executed the displays beautifully. The Great Hall was shimmering with lights and greenery, completely embodied our Winter Whimsical Wedding! The staff was super helpful and made sure the day ran smoothly. All the vendors commented on enjoying working with the Onion and I see why- wonderful venue, great staff. We will cherish our memories there forever!

Profile Picture Alex, 12/17/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We got married on July 24, 2016. We wanted a unique place to get married at and to celebrate with friends and family. The Onion Pub and Brewery was it for us. The great room was fantastic and had great views of the wetlands. Everything was beautiful and better than we imagined. We had such a great time and have gotten so many compliments on our reception. Jamie and the staff were amazing. They were very helpful and accommodating from the first time we met to start the planning of our wedding. Thank you for the great memories !!!
Maritza and Tim

Profile Picture User7439705, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The moment we walked into the Onion Pub's Great Hall, we knew this was the place for our reception. The venue is absolutely beautiful. The first thing you notice is the vaulted wood-beam ceiling that really opens the room. The bar is gorgeous, and there is a lovely patio out the back for guests to step outside. Most importantly, the dance floor is huge! I LOVE to dance and planned to be out on the floor the whole night. We had about 135 guests and there was plenty of room to keep the tables up, but there was also plenty of room on the giant dance floor for everyone to have a good time. The food and craft beer selection were incredible - we got SO many compliments from our guests that it was one of the best wedding dinners they had ever had.

I could go on about the quality of the actual space, but the service is what really takes this venue to the top. Our coordinator, Jaime, was so incredibly kind, welcoming, and responsive. She seemed genuinely interested in making our day perfect for us, and I honestly enjoyed working with her at each meeting. When we came to set up, I had a bunch of little things I wanted out and Jaime made sure it was all out exactly as I imagined. I had also joked with her that day about how I had a nightmare that I didn't get any appetizers at our reception - then when we arrived to the venue after our pictures, I learned there was a plate of appetizers set aside for me. There were just so many little things like that that made the staff here so amazing. Patty, the general manager, was also very kind and helpful throughout the process. The woman who assisted the night of was so attentive (both throughout and at the chaos at the end of the night). I am SO grateful for the people here!

My wedding day was everything I wanted it to be, and the Onion Pub helped make that happen. The food and craft beer were a huge hit with our guests, the venue is beautiful, and the staff truly cares about making the day perfect.

Profile Picture Megan, 6/11/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We used this facility for both our ceremony & reception. It worked out perfect! Jamie was a peach to work with and the staff were very helpful. Our guests loved the location. They made our day so special!

Profile Picture Alise, 6/10/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Valet, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Event Planning, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

Had our wedding and reception here for 100 guests. Things went fantastic! Jamie and Jody were great at communicating with us in the months leading up to the event which allowed everything to go perfectly the day of. Venue was fantastic and our guests loved it. Servers and bartenders were all great. Highly recommend for anyone considering a wedding there.

Profile Picture Sara, 10/2/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Event Planning, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Open Bar, Parking

If you love the rustic wedding feel, this is your place! When looking at sites, I immediately fell in love with this place! Jody and Jamie were amazing wedding planners! They were so helpful, accommodating, and made sure you were not stressed out! They work with you on sitting, decorating, and so much more. The food was great as well! I can't say enough good things about the experience we had working with the Onion Pub.

Profile Picture Ginny, 9/19/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Indoor, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Event Planning, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Parking, Valet

Was great working with this team. I had my wedding the day after Christmas, Friday. The venue allowed me to come in Tuesday night to set everything up. I was able to bring and light about 80 candles with no problem. The food was amazing! Such a great team to work with.

Profile Picture Jessica, 11/28/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our ceremony and reception at the Onion Pub and Brewery and they did a wonderful job! Jamie and Jody were both professional and made the wedding planning process a breeze. The room looked beautiful for both the ceremony and reception, and everyone commented on how amazing the venue was. Great place that helped make our wedding the best day of our lives!

Profile Picture Jacque, 10/10/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything about the Onion pub was perfect! The venue is gorgeous, the food is great, the space is big, they have an outdoor patio, and above all their service is outstanding! Jamie and Jody are the wedding planners who could not be easier to work with! I mainly worked with Jamie in person and she made the process to painless and was very flexible. The day of staff was very attentive and quick, from the bartenders to the servers, to the night manager. I had some strange suggestions that they welcomed with open arms, which made my life easier! I also had my rehearsal dinner there which was very affordable and delicious! The day after the wedding was great as well, they boxed up all my remaining decorations, etc. so that my parents could just come and pick it up the next day!

So happy we chose the Onion Pub, and will definitely go back for dinner and drinks soon!

Profile Picture Meredith, 9/19/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful place for our wedding and reception, Staff was friendly,helpful and very accommodating. Food and drinks were excellent.

Profile Picture Russ and Jordan, 8/31/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My fiance has been to a lot of weddings and really wanted something different.. which is exactly what we found at The Onion Pub & Brewery. After going to many reception sites, we were blown away by the kindness and helpfulness of everyone at The Onion Pub. Jamie and Jody are the two ladies who are the behind the scenes magicians that make everything happen. From day one, they help with planning and arranging everything. It's like having a wedding planner but better because they know the in's and out's of their restaurant. They were so accommodating with the foods we wanted to have, the decorations we wanted to be set out. Having Jamie there on the wedding day made everything amazing and it was perfect! I didn't have to worry about anything on the wedding day - and everyone went on and on about what a beautiful venue it was. You have got to see this place in person! You won't be disappointed.

Profile Picture Katie, 8/30/14, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

loved, loved, LOVED my experience with Jamie and Jody and the entire crew at the Onion Pub!!! I got married there last month (Aug 2014) and there wasn't a single thing i would change about my experience with the venue. These ladies are fantastic and go above and beyond to make sure your special day is nothing short of amazing. The venue itself is gorgeous both inside and out. I cannot WAIT for my pictures!! Prices are very reasonable and the food was delicious! During the overall experience, i was shocked to learn just how picky *I* could be in terms of a wedding cake, but they both went above and beyond to make sure that the cake was everything my husband and I dreamed it would be.

The only thing i would change is wishing I had a pause button to be able to take everything in a little bit more than i was able to.

Thank you Jody and Jamie!!

Profile Picture Mary Pat, 8/16/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Jamie and Jody were awesome, we love the venue. Jamie especially was fantastic - we worked with her more as our date neared, and really pushed her to deliver everything we asked for, and she did!

We love beer, and were searching for brewery venues. We checked out the pub before contacting anyone so we could get an authentic experience, check the vibe and venue without a sales pitch. Well - we loved it. We did a brewery tour on the first day, and loved the people, food, beer and location.

Our ceremony and reception were executed without a hiccup. We challenged Jamie and the Onion team to allow us to feature specialty cocktails, food items that weren't on the menu, and reception oddities (champagne sabering for example) that maybe made a bit more of a mess than we were expecting... All was handled excellently. Our guests loved everything too.

We love the onion pub and would definitely have events there again. We only wish we lived closer so that we could go back more often!

Profile Picture Kevin, 7/5/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I just have to say right off the bat that Jamie and Jody were amazing! I could not be happier with how our wedding turned out at the Onion. I still have guests telling me how beautiful everything was and how good the food was. I was very pleased with the prompt responses from both Jamie and Jody to my millions of questions. I would definitely recommend having your event at the Onion!!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 4/25/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Onion Pub in March 2014 and couldn't have been happier! Jamie and Jody were amazing to working with from the beginning, responding to phone calls and emails right away and at all hours of the day! They were incredibly flexible with our requests and helped us stay within our budget while still having the day we pictured. The day itself ran so smoothly and everything- food, drinks, decorations, cake- was taken care of without a hitch. The space is beautiful and the beer is awesome! Our guests couldn't stop complimenting the venue. We love the Onion!!

Profile Picture Maggie, 3/22/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Onion Pub and Brewery was a great venue for! The candle lit ceremony set up was perfect! The staff was over-accommodating and very flexible. They pulled it off without a glitch for a last minute wedding. Everything was great...ceremony, food, reception room. They have the perfect set up for a smaller, intimate wedding!

Profile Picture Shayne, 2/14/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

The onion was delicious and so accommodating! I have a girlfriend who has a severe gluten allergy and they went above and beyond to help her! I was floored! This particular girlfriend lives in DC and attends a number of weddings each year and said she'd never had such a personal experience from catering at a wedding before and that made my heart soar! Jamie was our coordinator the day of and I couldn't of survived without her! We had a bit of a rowdy bunch and she was so great about letting us have our night and we were so so pleased!

Profile Picture Suzanne, 1/11/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Husband and I met at a bar in Chicago, and we found the Onion on weddingwire the day after we got engaged, and thought oh haha, wouldn't that be funny if we met at a bar and got married at a brewery. Everything looked great from the pictures, but I was afraid we wouldn't be able to afford it. Ah well, moving right along, we booked some other venue visits.

By the time we visited the Onion, we had seen about a dozen other venues, and nothing else was feeling hopeful. As soon as we got to the Onion, it was love at first sight -- beautiful event room with high ceilings, gorgeous bar(s), great patio, and loved the lodgey feeling of the pub/restaurant area. They had one day still open for the fall that was pretty much perfect for us, so we booked it for our ceremony and reception.

We got married off-season and on a Sunday, and ended up doing everything a la carte (rather than their wedding package with fancy table linens and such), and it was totally affordable. We had a few hors d'oeuvres during cocktail hour, the house bar for four hours + wine service during dinner, and the buffet rather than a plated meal -- and they were still able to accommodate several food allergies/dietary restrictions (gluten-free, vegetarian/vegan, & kosher). Everyone told us they LOVED our food, and our cake from Jarosch was delicious. (We didn't freeze our top tier; I'm just going to go there on our anniversary and order a fresh one, it was that good.)

We worked with Jamie almost exclusively through our entire wedding process (only engaged 7 months), and she was completely amazing and a total joy to work with -- super responsive and professional, really helpful in planning out the event timeline so I was happy *and* we saved some money, kept my super type-A planner-type bride-self sane (what a blessing!) down to the smallest details, and she let us down into the brewery to take some pictures on the day. I'm SO glad we found the Onion, and it felt perfectly "us" for our perfect day.

Profile Picture Krista, 11/10/13, 13 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I got married in May and couldn't have been happier that we chose the Wild Onion to have the wedding and reception. We worked with Jody and Jamie who were very responsive and helped us plan the wedding of our dreams. We decided not to have a sit down dinner but instead serve h'orderves and desserts. Jody was very helpful in helping us decide how many pieces we would need for each guest and giving us great insight on how we should arrange the tables. We met with them several times to make sure that we had all the details worked out so that the day went perfectly. Each time we met they were helpful in assisting us with any questions that we had. The day of the wedding we were given the room for the entire day which allowed my vendors plenty of time to set up and provided both my husband and I plenty of time to take pictures. The day of the wedding Jamie was there making sure that everything went as planned. Our wedding day couldn't have gone more perfectly!

Profile Picture Dina, 5/4/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I loved everything about my reception at The Onion Pub! My husband said it best, they set the tone for our wedding planning. Jody, the wedding coordinator, made us so comfortable, and after we met her we knew this is where our wedding needed to be. The staff was quick and efficient. The food was amazing, and our guests were amazed. I wouldn't change one thing about our wedding at the Onion Pub!

Profile Picture Luci, 11/11/12, 5 Reviews