The Omni Grove Park Inn Reviews

28 Reviews for The Omni Grove Park Inn

• Jordan

Jordan · Married on 05/04/2019

Perfect experience!

We had an excellent experience at Grove Park. The catering contact was super nice and responsive, easy to work with. They were able to make everything we wanted happen perfectly, and even held on setting up the event until the last minute, letting the rain pass (rather than moving the event inside), allowing our event to go just as planned. The bartender and service staff we had were great, overall a super awesome experience! There's no way we could have had a better view, or memory of our rehearsal dinner!

Sent on 07/02/2019

Anne · Married on 04/21/2018

We just had our wedding at the Grove Park Inn and it was Spectacular! First of all- we lucked out with the weather- perfect sunshine, light breeze and mid-60's! Our wedding had the most beautiful view of the mountains with an awesome outdoor fire! Food and cake were delicious and the staff was incredibly helpful. If you want to feel like a celebrity on your big day- the Grove Park Inn is the place to have it!

Sent on 04/23/2018
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 07/01/2017

I don't know where to begin with this review because everything absolutely blew my husband and I away. From the tasting to the wedding day, we were so thrilled with every little detail. Danielle gave us a venue tour when we first got engaged, and she answered all of our questions and handled our booking. She was so helpful! Annie took over our event from there to handle all the catering. She was amazing and handled everything so well! The day of the wedding, we had food delivered to both the bridal and groom suites, and oh my goodness- they were breathtaking! The wedding, despite the rain, went off perfectly and everyone told us it was the best food at a wedding they've had. We also got late night sliders, which were a huge hit with all of our guests. Even the bellhops, front desk, housekeepers, concierge and other staff all were the sweetest and most helpful people. Thank you to EVERYONE at the Grove Park for making our wedding perfect.

Sent on 07/06/2017

Allison · Married on 05/28/2017

I can't get over how absolutely perfect and magical my entire wedding weekend at the Grove Park inn was. My husband and I live in Michigan, but I spent part of my childhood in North Carolina and always dreamed of a wedding at the Grove Park Inn. Let me tell you, they did not disappoint! We spent five nights in a suite with a stunning view of the mountains. We held our Saturday night cookout-style rehearsal dinner at the Country Club, our Sunday ceremony on the Mountainview Terrace, and our reception in the Skyline Ballroom. We also held a farewell brunch Memorial Day Monday on the Mountainview Terrace. Aside from the fact the Grove Park Inn is one of the most beautiful places on earth, they executed the most elegant, beautiful, and FUN wedding that any of my guests had ever been to. We visited for a private tasting in October of 2016 and were treated like royalty for an entire day. All of the food for our wedding weekend was truly phenomenal, and the bar was outstanding. The service was unbeatable! When the head table was served, enough waiters came out that every single member of the wedding party received their plate at the EXACT same moment without missing a beat. As the bride, I was assigned a personal attendant from the rehearsal dinner through the whole wedding day who always made sure I had absolutely everything I needed, no matter what it was. What I'll always remember on top of all of this was how kind everyone was. I really felt like every single person there was just as excited for us as they would be for a member of their own family. The Grove Park Inn is expensive, but it is without a doubt worth every single penny.

Sent on 06/13/2017

Amazing and still getting complements from guests

Sent on 08/16/2016

Katrina · Married on 07/18/2015

We had our reception dinner in the Blue Ridge Dining Room (the all you can eat buffet room on the property). The view was gorgeous, overlooking the golf course and mountains. The food was wonderful and the staff were ready to help with anything we needed. The contract was easy to complete and they worked with us to make sure the reception was everything we wanted it to be.

Sent on 08/18/2015

Nick and Jennifer · Married on 05/15/2015

We are so thankful for the amazing job that Amy did for our wedding
    Ceremony and reception. We can't say enough how loved and supported we
    Felt by the staff We had a beautiful ceremony even with the rain and our
    Dinner was incredible! The Grove Park Inn is close to our hearts forever
    Thank you Amy!

Sent on 09/13/2015

We had our reception at the Grove Park and the food they did was GREAT! We did a duo plate with chicken and beef and it was genuinely SO GOOD. I loved how flexible they were too. Grove Park really worked with us to get the menu just right. The service was great and the food was delicious- can't go wrong here!

Sent on 09/22/2015

Ali · Married on 10/04/2014

We held our wedding ceremony on the Vanderbilt Terrace at the Omni Grove Park Inn and it was perfect in each and every way. The staff pay close attention to detail, communicate effectively and timely, listen to what you want and do their best to make your wedding all you want it to be. I cannot say enough good things about every aspect of our very special wedding and the amazing venue.

Sent on 11/04/2014

Sherrie · Married on 10/31/2013

The Grove Park Inn made our wedding stay a wonderful memory from day one. Their staff & wedding coordinator made us feel we were very important and treated us first class. I am so glad we chose to get married at this location. Awesome!!

Sent on 11/04/2013

We traveled to Grove Park for our wedding night and loved our stay. The rooms, food, and staff were all wonderful! We try to stay there once each year and we always use the spa. It is a must do if you stay there. The big fireplaces, scenic views, and Sunday Brunch all make this an exquisite stay.

Sent on 09/22/2015

I had my wedding here in October. The fall season in Asheville is incredible, but I couldn't think of a better place to get married in Asheville than The Grove Park Inn. The staff was so courteous, the food was absolutely outstanding, the pastry chef and our wedding cake were delicious, and the event planners work with you and are completely flexible to your schedule. GPI is definitely a great venue if you are from out of town - they can take care of everything in-house, and the floral department created beyond beautiful arrangements for my ceremony, centerpieces, and bouquets. FIVE STARS!

Sent on 05/28/2013

The Grove Park Inn was the most amazing venue, my guests are still commenting on the beautiful setting! The staff there made everything so easy and tried to accomodate every wish/idea that I had. Grove Park Inn also did the catering for my wedding and I cannot put to words how delicious all the food was! Would completely recommend the GPI!

Sent on 10/12/2012

Kristi · Married on 09/19/2008

These girls will make all your florist dreams come true. Very easy to talk to and if you really have no clue as to what you really want they can put together a flower arrangment that will blow your mind! All we requested was fall flowers and I couldn't believe how great our flowers looked. I couldn't have found something out of a mag. that would have pleased me more. Grove Park Inn rocks!

Sent on 10/07/2008

Stephanie · Married on 10/30/2015

We have stayed there many times and knew this would be a beautiful place for our wedding. The wedding turned our perfect. We had a beautiful fall day and all of the staff were great!

Sent on 11/05/2015

Heather · Married on 09/30/2017

Grove Park Inn was the perfect venue for our wedding!
    The pros: Annie and the GPI team helped create such a memorable day for us. Beautiful resort/location, AMAZING views, so historic. The food was one of the best, if not the best, at any wedding I've been to.
    The cons: Response time to emails was a little slow at times. They are busy planning many events so you have to be patient. They always get back to you but the delay got frustrating at times. Also cost, a little expensive, but worth it.

Sent on 10/14/2017

Courtney · Married on 09/20/2008

The Grove Park Inn was a perfect venue for my wedding It turned out as perfect as I had hoped. They helped me with so many of the little details that I did not have to think about many of the detail. What a great place to make a memory

Sent on 10/07/2008

The majority of the staff was great to work with! The main coordinator, Erin Pangerl, is amazing! I spent 11 months planning my destination wedding and I felt like she was there for me every step of the way! Everyone there, from the valet staff, bell boys, concierge, room and maid service, to the waiters & bartenders were very welcoming.

Our only problem was reserving blocks of rooms for guests at the wedding. The lady in charge of blocking rooms for events, Jamie, was very unorganized and required multiple phone calls to get things right.

Sent on 11/04/2014

Debbie · Married on 10/01/2016

I chose the Grove Park Inn because they are known for their amazing service and the location is breath taking. The planning portion of the event could certainly be improved upon, I went through 4 different catering sales managers throughout the 1 year process of planning and did hit some bumps as to what one had promised me versus what the next was telling me. However, in the end the event turned out so perfect and the service once we got there was AMAZING. Including upgrading our room to the Club level (aka the best of the best you can get there). We had our wedding at the Country Club and I would definitely recommend this venue because it was so private and beautiful and secluded.

Sent on 10/11/2016

Emily · Married on 11/07/2015

3.5

Had a beautiful wedding last fall at the Grove Park Inn in Asheville, NC. While I was from Asheville, it was a comfortable place for all my guests from out-of-town to stay, a lovely, historic venue, and the food was great. Many guests commented ours was one of the best wedding cakes they had ever eaten!

Sent on 12/06/2016

3.5

Erin P. is the new wedding event coordinator and is an absolute pleasure to work with. She is professional, has great ideas, and will be the couple's biggest advocate in making your wedding spectacular. The staff of Grove Park was simply wonderful during our wedding weekend and we felt so special. The only blip in planning was dealing with the room block. I advise bypassing this all together as that department is highly disorganized and it will be more headache than it's worth. Otherwise, a spectacular venue for your wedding!!

Sent on 05/18/2014

Alicia · Married on 06/16/2017

4.2
      3.0

Grove Park Inn is absolutely beautiful and I cannot wait to have my wedding here. Danielle worked with me the best that she could, although there was only so much she could do. Very professional. She stays pretty busy, but she will get back to you within a reasonable amount of time. The terrace view of the mountains and golf course is amazing. The food is also top of the line. Danielle was able to fulfill a few of our special requests which we really appreciated.

Sent on 02/24/2017

Nikki · Married on 10/18/2013

3.0

This is one of my favorite places to go have a night cap, rock in the rocking chairs in front of the giant fireplaces, or just to show someone how beautiful Asheville's mountains are. So when I thought of my wedding and if we had the means to pursue the GPI as a venue, I would do everything that I could to have our wedding here. We did and this venue and it's breathtaking views are worth the money spent on the wedding.

My guests were floored and just overwhelmed with beauty of this resort.

Now, as far as the meeting and marketing staff, there are things to be desired. I was passed off to three different venue coordinators within 6 weeks of our wedding. Lack of communication and passion for working with bridal events need a lot of improvement. With the amount of money that not only you invest into the GPI for the wedding but the money that your guest will also invest during their visit there, it is quite substantial and I expected more.

Let me be clear - the venue is just one of a kind, the FOOD was outstanding, the catering and banquet staff were superb, the bartenders were excellent. The staff coordinating and planning your event for the Grove Park disappointed me. A simple improvement on communication, dedicated attention, and 100% customer service focused would change these opinions. I hope that since the Omni corporation has taken over, we will experience improvements in these areas.

Sent on 10/29/2013

Brian · Married on 09/12/2015

3.6
      2.0
      3.5

The Grove Park Inn is a gorgeous setting for a wedding, and from that point of view ours did not disappoint. We struggled with how to describe our experience with the GPI since, in the end, our wedding went off without a hitch and was the best day ever. We answered "yes" to the question of "Would you recommend this vendor to a friend?" but do so with hesitation, as there were some sticking points for us.

The venue itself is very nice. We made use of the Vanderbilt Terrace and the Mountain View Terrace. The view from both was spectacular! The Skyline Ballroom is a bit dated and the ceiling isn't particularly high, but again we had gorgeous views of the sunset as our reception began. For the style wedding we wanted the ballroom wasn't really a problem, but if you're looking for a big fancy space, this isn't it. For a more rustic setting that is mostly about the view and being in the mountains, the GPI can't be beat.

After our site visit, the GPI changed the vendor that would be supplying our decor and floral arrangements. We feel this change wasn’t communicated to us well. That being said, they made a great choice going with PRI Productions. Robert was amazing! He was a pleasure to work with, and did a fabulous job with the decor and flowers.

Omni corporate seemed very inflexible and unaccommodating, making us feel weddings weren’t a priority to them. Despite purchasing a wedding package, everything seemed a la carte (down to getting ice for the getting ready rooms). Coordinating our room block was frustrating. Our guests’ experiences with booking rooms also left much to be desired. Although we had many extraordinary experiences with staff at the hotel, our guests also seemed to have a handful of unprofessional encounters.

Sent on 12/01/2015