The Old Field Club Reviews

The Old Field Club 5
The Old Field Club 6
The Old Field Club 7

Nora · Married on 06/26/2010

When I walked into the Old Field Club I knew it was the perfect locale for my nautical-themed wedding. Perched on a quiet inlet of the Long Island Sound, the lofted, beamed ceilings adorned with beautiful brass chandeliers were both simple and breathtaking. While I knew I had found the ideal venue, I didn’t realize that the service would match the location. Eager to please and ready to give in to my whims (especially as I had worked in events and was very specific about what I wanted) every detail was executed perfectly on my wedding day. Truly the perfect venue!

Sent on 07/30/2010

Allison L · Married on 09/13/2019

Most beautiful venue!

We loved the OFC for many reasons but the attentiveness of the staff, professionalism and attention to detail made everything perfect! Carlos was great and really listened to what we wanted!

Sent on 09/24/2019
    The Old Field Club 8
    The Old Field Club 9
    The Old Field Club 10
    The Old Field Club 11

steven · Married on 11/10/2018

Beautiful Venue, Better Service

From the second we walked into the OFC, my Fiance and I knew we had to get married here. Between the outdoor area by the water and the rustic inside, it was everything we wanted. Throughout the wedding process they allowed us to come by any time we wanted and were accomidating with all our needs. The day of the wedding we could not have asked more. We arrived early and instead of making us all wait in the bridal suite, we were allowed to roam freely throughout the venue and take any pictures we wanted. Our friends and family could not stop raving about not only the beautiful venue, but the excellent food, and stellar service. Having the dance floor separate was a big plus because it gave the older family less noise to speak while those who were dancing could be out enjoying their self. If you are looking for a beautiful venue with friendly staff and excellent food...I highly suggest having your wedding at the Old Field Club

Sent on 11/24/2018

Kendra · Married on 07/29/2016

OMG...Old field club was the 2nd place I looked at for my wedding and I immediately knew that it was the ONE!!! I love the quaint look on the outside and how gorgeous the reception area is with high ceilings and chandeliers for that romantic rustic feel! The grounds are beautifully kept as well! My guests absolutely loved the food! The Maitre'D, Rob, was fantastic and was very attentive to us all night, especially me, making sure I was always okay! He was awesome making sure all of my DIY favors and decorations were perfectly placed! Highly recommend Old Field Club and super thankful for all their help making my wedding the best night of my life!

Sent on 08/16/2016

Kris · Married on 07/31/2015

Our wedding at Old Field Club was unforgettable! We enjoyed every second of our wedding day, from the beautiful scenery to the incredible food and staff. Everyone helped to bring our vision to life and made us feel so special. Extra special thanks to Ben, Jessica, Dom and Tony for not only taking good care of us, but for making it such a great night for our guests as well! They all went above and beyond to make our night special. I can't imagine having a better experience on our day. Months later, we still get compliments about our wedding and the venue.

Sent on 03/06/2016

Kerri · Married on 07/06/2012

Just beautiful! Food was excellent. Only problem was the AC did not work very well in the room with the dance floor so it was extremely hot. The bridesmaids complained that the grounds where the outdoor ceremony was held must've just been watered they seemed a little muddy and it hadn't rained. I definitely would've loved a bridal attendant but all in all it was a great day and everything was wonderful.

Sent on 02/04/2014

Megan · Married on 08/02/2015

If you are looking for a rustic, but classy and beachy Long Island venue, this is your place. As soon as we booked our date with the Old Field Club, they gave us a folder with a list of names of everyone they recommend from flowers, DJ, photography to limousines. I didn’t want to be overwhelmed having to search for all these vendors on my own. Having this list of recommended people really helped save us time and money. Everyone on their list was amazing!
    Deb worked closely with us to pick out our menu, linens, and structure of the day. She was timely writing us back and was helpful getting information we needed. The OFC met almost all our requests, such as adding additional outdoor seating, offering water to guests before the ceremony, and having fun signature drinks. The food was great and the buffet style brunch worked perfectly! We loved the omelet and waffle stations. They were a hit. I also loved the sangria and mint juleps. It was a perfect summer wedding.
    Ben, our maître D’, was fantastic. He made the whole day run super smooth. He met with us for our ceremony rehearsal and helped us feel at ease. It was a joy to work with him.
    The only issue we had was regarding valet. We didn’t want this service as we’ve seen it back up cars before. At first Deb said we didn’t have to have it, but in the end she said we couldn’t get out of it. Thankfully the valet worked out (we had family arrive early for photos so parking was staggered).
    In sum, we highly recommend the OFC. Deb and Ben were great! We had a perfect and beautiful wedding day.

Sent on 08/13/2015

My husband and I picked our venue based on three factors: location, service and food. I really wanted to have my wedding in a natural, rustic and elegant setting by the water. The Old Field club has the perfect waterfront for the ceremony and provides access to the beach for the photos before the ceremony. There is also a beautiful bamboo park 10 minutes away which provides amazing photo backdrop for all the nature loving couples! What I really loved was the flexibility of the staff on our wedding night! At the end of our reception I noticed that we stayed for an hour longer. Time flies at the wedding: we started late and I guess we finished late:) But I didn't feel any pressure from our maitre'd to pack and leave! I really appreciate it because we were able to come out to the porch area by the water and just enjoy the fresh air and some good conversations with the remainder of our guests. Overall, it was an amazing night and I am so happy we picked the Old Field Club as our venue!

Sent on 10/16/2014
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Hingle · Getting married on 10/08/2020

Beautiful Venue

Denis gave us a tour and my mom and I were very impressed! He was so kind and answered all of our questions. He took the time to chat with us and even shared stories. The space was beautiful and clean, the menu looked great and the staff was very friendly.

Sent on 01/14/2019

Elizabeth · Married on 08/21/2016

3.0

Old Field Club was the perfect, secluded, unique Long Island venue for our wedding. I didn't want your typical catering hall wedding that pumps out 4 weddings at a time each night. The minute we saw Old Field, we knew this was exactly what we were looking for. We had our ceremony on site and it was absolutely beautiful with the water right in the background. We read tons of amazing reviews and they were not wrong! Everyone we talked to raved about the food as well and yet again, Old Field lived up to their reputation. Rob, our maitre d has only been at this venue for a short amount of time but runs an event like he's been there forever! I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a quiet, beautiful and elegant location for their wedding. You will be in good hands here!

Sent on 09/08/2016

Laura · Married on 10/04/2014

As soon as we stepped foot into the Old field club, we knew. The brilliant food tasting as well as the friendly staff helped seal the deal. This place is BEAUTIFUL and was exactly what we wanted. High ceilings, waterfront with two bars and the best wedding food and menu I've every had. Ben, Sabine and the rest of the staff are helpful, responsive and super sweet. People cannot stop talking about wonderful our wedding venue was!! :)

Sent on 11/12/2014

Jacqueline · Married on 08/30/2014

We just had an incredible wedding at the Old Field Club. From answering our many questions for many months, to keeping us calm, to the beautiful set up and flawless execution,
    Deb & Ben made sure everything was simply perfect. The guests could not stop raving about
    the food, beauty of the ceremony, and professionalism of the staff, and we wholeheartedly agree.

We were recommended to go with the duet combination dinner to allow more time for dancing, and this worked out great! We would recommend this to future couples as well.

Sent on 09/05/2014

ERICA · Married on 05/22/2009

3.0

What can I say about The Old Field Club. The structure itself is like a personality and I recommend it to anyone looking for something off the beaten path without larger than life entryways and obstructive chandeliers. The feeling is warm and quaint like out of a movie, You fully expect Mr.Darcy to come around the corner at any given second.

Booking OFC is not for the faint hearted, you will not be wined and dined and there will not be sharpshooting manager throwing in a free ice sculpture, but I find that the couples who truly want the OFC are not looking for that kind of stuff anyway. Tom the Event Coordinator is quick and to the point, he is extremely helpful but will not ooohhh and ahhh over choices of linens. He is however an amazing assets and I believe part of the charm.

There are no words to express how amazing my wedding was here. The food was AMAZING and the day was executed seamlessly. Tom is a gem and his staff even better. They thought of things that completely slipped my mind..they were never too far away but not on top of you either.

LOVE the Old Field Club!!!

Sent on 06/25/2009

Katlin · Married on 10/09/2016

I got married at The Old Field Club this October 2016 and I couldn't have been more pleased! I booked the wedding two years in advance and it was definitely worth the wait. The look of the venue was what my husband and I were going for and through out the two years we waited the venue made many great improvements to the place! The only negative I could say through out the whole thing was that we didn't enjoy our tasting that we went to which was very discouraging right before our wedding but we said something to the staff and they were very accommodating and made sure the day of our wedding was PERFECT! Deb and Sabine from the venue were great and always there to answer any questions that we had. The day of my wedding it was raining all day until the end of cocktail hour which was perfect because everyone was able to go outside and enjoy the outside of the venue which is absolutely beautiful in the fall. From the ceremony to the very end I was so happy with our choice in our venue it was perfect! Rob the maître d was great and very attentive! I would recommend this venue to anyone who is having a wedding and is looking for the barn look but doesn't want to do all the little extra things you need to have a barn wedding because this place is just beautiful all alone! you don't need many decorations because its just simply stunning! Thank you to The Old Field Club for a beautiful day!

Sent on 01/14/2017

Alexa · Married on 09/18/2015

The Venue was beautiful and the food was amazing. We had a cocktail style wedding which has always been our favorite part of previous weddings we attended and we were so happy we could have only this for ours! The staff the day of was helpful, but I found it odd that I had to keep getting my own drinks during my wedding, no one was there to serve me or my husband. The grounds were beautiful and we really loved that it is only one wedding at a time. I found it unfortunate that they got new seating chairs as we really liked the older ones which had a more rustic feel, as for the ceremony that we were thinking of doing I'm glad we passed as the pretty individual white chairs had been replaced by metal benches ( I don't think the additional cost would have been worth it since our guest would of had to sit on metal benches). Overall, our wedding was amazing and I would do it all over again! Our guest still talk about it to this day, almost a year later, everyone just loved how beautiful the venue was and that it did not have the typical Long Island cookie cutter feel to it.

Sent on 08/26/2016

Kim · Married on 09/04/2016

The Old Field Club is absolutely stunning and still has kind of a cozy feel. We love that it isn't a typical Long Island wedding hall. We really like that they serve craft beers, have an amazing outdoor ceremony space (with a solid and still very lovely backup option in case of bad weather), and the food is delicious. It's a little pricier than some other places we saw, but overall we felt like it was a good value and really it was the only place that had the feel we wanted for our wedding day. Many of our family and friends said it was one of the best weddings they'd ever been to.

We are a little Type A when it comes to planning, and we had a few frustrating moments in coordinating with Old Field Club before the wedding, as there were some changes in staffing, policies, and timelines that weren't well communicated. I think this was partly because we were planning from Boston, so we couldn't change our schedules on short notice and primarily coordinated over email.

That said, everything went perfectly the day of the wedding. The food was amazing, the buffet setup was perfect, the staff was really accommodating and responsive (a big thank you to Rob!), and the venue looked gorgeous. Staff also coordinated seamlessly with our florist, DJ, bakery, and pastor, so we didn't have to worry about any of that. We also had one minor medical incident that they handled quickly and professionally.

We are ultimately really happy we had our wedding at Old Field Club!

Sent on 12/18/2016

Jennifer · Married on 05/31/2009

3.0

I grew up in the area near Old Field Club and drove past it a million times. But I had never gone inside until the winter afternoon my fiance and I decided to take a look on a whim. After looking at a ton of places and finding nothing, we walked in and looked around. The event coordinator Tom was meeting with another bride, so we toured the facility ourselves and were wowed. I thought this place would just be another wedding factory, but it's stunning. Vaulted barn ceilings, gorgeous hardwood floors, floor to ceiling windows overlooking an enormous deck and the beautiful creek. It's a sight to behold. It's the kind of place that can fit anyone's style -- modern or traditional, this place can be either. My fiance looked at me and said 'This is it. It doesn't get better than this.' Our wedding was to be small -- too small for OFC's guest minimum. After about 5 phone calls and some begging, I finally got OFC to let us have our wedding there. We chose a date they were unlikely to book otherwise, but it only gave us 5 months to put it together. Turned out, that was just fine. Working with Tom and OFC was a pleasure. They were SO kind and professional. They don't try to rip you off in any way. This is an old school respectful business. Tom Hess was amazingly kind to my husband and I, and on the wedding day, he could not have been more wonderful. He didn't miss a thing. Everything was perfect and he made sure that we were wanting for nothing. Our ceremony was outside on the lawn. The timing, the decor -- all perfect. He made sure that everything was how I'd envisioned it. Oh, and the food! We did not do a tasting, but the food at the wedding was out of this world. Normally, catering food is terrible and I didn't go in expecting such high quality food. All of our guests were wowed, saying it was the best food they'd ever had at a wedding. And some even said among the best meals they'd ever had, period. The biggest hit? The duck.
    It isn't easy to get a date at OFC. This is a country club and member events come first. They limit the amount of weddings they do in a year. But if you do manage to work it out, you will be among the lucky ones. The photos I have of this day are BEYOND amazing and so much of that is because of the backdrop of OFC.
    Thank you OFC for making our wedding day EXACTLY what we hoped for. We are STILL getting raves from our guests. A wedding at OFC is a first-class event. People will think you paid way more than you did. The natural beauty and warmth of the staff made it a truly spectacular day.

Sent on 07/09/2009

Cara · Married on 04/29/2017

3.6
      2.5
      3.5

The Old Field Club is a stunningly beautiful venue. My husband and I knew as soon as we saw it that it was the place for us. We wanted a warm, romantic, rustic wedding, and it is perfect for that. And the wedding day really went off without a hitch. I didn't have to organize or manage anything on the day of the wedding, and the maitre d' was very solicitous. He even made plates of food for us to take home because we weren't able to eat much at the wedding. The food was delicious. All that said, though, I have to add that the Old Field Club wasn't exactly easy to work with leading up to the wedding. It was worth the trouble in the end, but be warned. Multiple times, I received the same request from two different people at the venue. Multiple times, I had to say the same thing twice before anyone remembered. Trying to schedule a tasting was a hassle; I had to call the venue several times, and finally I was told that I couldn't schedule more than two weeks ahead of time, which was problematic because I live out of state and needed to plan trips in advance. Moreover, when we booked our wedding, the venue told us they offered tastings every few months of their entire menu, but by the time I reached out to schedule our tasting, they had stopped doing this and were now offering tastings of just a few things at a time. There was no effort to warn us about the change in policy, and there was no apology. The spelling in emails from the venue is atrocious, which bothers me because it's just not professional. Finally, they were not willing to decorate as much as I wanted for the wedding and told me outright that they would not put up the canopy for the chuppah. As a result, my florist ended up doing most of the decorating, and in the end everything looked beautiful, but she really went out of her way to do the amount of set up that she did, and I'm not sure what I would have done without her. (Elegant Designs by Joy - definitely check her out.)

Sent on 05/27/2017

Maryvicd@gmail.com · Married on 09/19/2014

3.6
      3.5

We booked 1 year and 9 months before our wedding we had placed a deposit, signed a contract and was promised things which weren't delivered on...

Cons-
    A disappointment on many levels...
    1- seating plans
    2- special "events" for our guests
    3- change of "pricing and what was included" which differed from the original contract that was promised
    4- the men's bathroom needs a renovation

Pro
    1- ambiance is great
    2- Sabine and Ben are great to work with
    3- bartenders were great
    4- 1 event at a time

Sent on 11/12/2014

Linda · Married on 10/12/2012

0.4
      0.5

This wedding venue is like a wolf in sheep's clothing. Its absolutely beautiful but THE WORST FOR A WEDDING reception. The maitre-d Ben was horrible and inexperienced and he pretty much let my wedding fall to pieces. There are many other venues that you can get your $150 per persons worth. We ate dinner at 1030 and ot was COLD..They have no day of coordinator and they had nothing to say the day after. Please don't make the mistake that we did in having our wedding at the OFC. Thank god i married the best man in the world.

Sent on 01/03/2014