The Old Field Club Reviews

The Old Field Club 5
The Old Field Club 6
The Old Field Club 7

Amanda · Married on 07/18/2015

I cannot thank the Old Field Club enough for everything. This venue set the tone for our beautiful wedding. The service, the staff, the food; everything was spot on and incredible. Every single one of our guests were blown away by how accommodating the staff were, how wonderful the food was and how incredible the scenery was. It's been over a week since our wedding and our guests are still talking about how beautiful our venue was!

We chose this venue because we had never been to a wedding here, which could have been scary but, the Old Field Club surely did not disappoint. It truly sets a beautiful landscape for some incredible photos. Also, having the indoor/outdoor option was truly wonderful on a July night.

The staff, particularly Ben and Deb, are so wonderful to work with. Ben really made every single one of my visions come to life. Deb also made every detail with paperwork so easy! Also, having 1 wedding there really made a difference. All the attention was given to the bride and groom. Literally from the bartenders to the administration, everyone worked extremely hard to ensure that we had the most magnificent wedding.

Everyone should feel the way we did on our wedding day. This venue truly aided in that feeling!

Sent on 07/27/2015

Rebecca · Married on 06/28/2015

We just had our wedding here and it was the best choice! I searched for months for the perfect rustic-chic venue, and this was it. We could not have been married at a more beautiful place. The food is great! The entire staff is wonderful and accomodating (professional and so nice - ask for Tony to be your bartender!!). Ben and Sabine are super helpful and very responsive. After now having a wedding, I can say that you need someone like Ben for the days leading up to and the night of. He was always one step ahead and really was a life-saver during the wedding (he even had someone put flowers on the top of the cake free of charge - so sweet!). The scenery (at the venue and the private beach) is wonderful for couple and family portraits. Since it is a country/golf club, some things can change from the time of signing the contract. For example, the chairs indoors were changed and the patio furniture was changed. I was still just as happy with the end result, but I think it's important to know that (I'm also guessing this happens at all venues). It couldn't have been a more perfect wedding!! Thank you everyone at the OFC!

Sent on 07/08/2015
  • User5198692 · 2+ years ago

We just had our daughter's wedding at Old Field Club and it was perfect. My daughter and her fiance were looking for a venue that showed off Long Island's beauty in a romantic, classy rustic setting. They got that and so much more. The setting is gorgeous (they were married on site), the venue sets up beautifully, and the food was really good. Many people commented on the food. Deb and Ben were wonderful to work with, and really accommodating to all of our ideas The even ran so smoothly, and our guests are still saying what a great wedding it was.
    Thanks, OFC for helping my daughter create her dream wedding!

Sent on 06/28/2015

Alison · Married on 05/02/2015

The venue is immaculate and the staff are super helpful, accommodating, and organized. They host weddings and large events often and are seamless in the planning and execution. The food was delicious and it is a picture perfect location. We had our ceremony outside, cocktail hr. outside and inside, and our evening reception inside.

Sent on 01/03/2016

Just had my wedding at old field. PHENOMENAL. It is the best hidden gem for people looking to have the non- wedding factory wedding. The beautiful ballroom has an elegant barn-like feel. The outdoor ceremony space looks like The Notebook (said a few of our guests). But on top of the beauty of the venue which is obvious, the people at old field club could not be more flexible, supportive, cheerful, helpful, and overall amazing. Every step of the way from booking the venue through the craziness of the wedding and even after, they treated us like family. And the FOOD! So many compliments on the food from all our guests, including my dad who has been in the catering business over 20 years. I can't say enough good things about Old Field Club.

Sent on 04/29/2015

Denise · Married on 11/15/2014

OFC is Beautiful, Warm, Intimate. Set on a small inlet on the North Shore of LI. Deb, Ben, & Marilyn were the staff I dealt with primarily. Always Professional, Prompt, Helpful, either by phone or email.(you decide). I am the M.O.B. My Daughter's crazy schedule required me to handle most of the organizing and details. The staff was always kind and more than willing to offer advice when asked or when they felt we were in need of it. (Greatly appreciated). They couldn't have been more accommodating. The food was excellent, Many of the guests said it was the best food they have ever had at an affair, others offered it was restaurant quality. The day was perfect. The Old Field Club is not for large parties of 200. As I stated, it is intimate and charming, probably best suited for 150 or less. I Highly recommend.

Sent on 11/27/2014

Alesia · Married on 10/11/2014

Beautiful venue!!! Food was amazing! Thank you for making my daughters wedding a perfect day.

Sent on 12/03/2014

Jillian and Arnoldo · Married on 09/26/2014

Old Field Club was absolutely Beautiful and the entire staff made all of our dreams come true! They were professional, fun and the best part was that they helped us to save money not spend more just because. great, great people and venue!

Sent on 10/09/2014

Mary · Married on 08/16/2014

The Old Field Club is everything I wanted out of a wedding venue and more. It has a rustic charm with the main ballroom looking like a hollowed out barn, yet it is right on the water. I live in Chicago, but I grew up on Long Island and always wanted to get married on LI near the water. When I found this venue online, I had my mom and sister go check it out and they booked it without me even seeing it :) It is elegant and classy and more. All of my guests (most of whom were coming from out of town) could not stop raving over how beautiful this place was. The cocktail hour out on the back deck was perfection. I almost wish the cocktail hour could have continued for another hour or two! Sitting out on the back deck looking at the water with all my friends and family around is something I will never forget! The service was awesome from the wait staff to the bartenders. Ben, the maitre de, was there to help make the entire night run smoothly. He is one of the most genuinely kind people I've met in this process and he helped make the night one my husband and I will never forget!

Just an FYI, but they say the max is 175 people. We wound up having 140, and it was probably the most I would have wanted there. If you're planning on around this number of people, you will not regret having your wedding at the Old Field Club. It literally was the best night of my life.

Sent on 09/01/2014

Jennifer · Married on 07/12/2014

Working with Ben and Sabine at the Old Field Club was an absolute pleasure. Sabine assisted in the beginning stages and then at the end when collecting our day of event sheets. She was so flexible and allowed us to make some last minute changes. Ben was our maitre'd and was honestly the most professional and warm person we worked with throughout this process. He got what we wanted in terms of design and everything was set-up perfectly. Our wedding was amazing thanks to their team.

Sent on 08/01/2014

Genna · Married on 07/05/2014

Can I give this venue a 10/5? If your a laid back bride looking for an off the beaten path atypical Long Island wedding venue STOP LOOKING NOW..The Old Field Club is just that...Rustic yet elegant beautiful and understated I knew I had found "the one" the second I stepped foot into the venue. After looking at 12 Long Island venues most of which had ugly rugs and ugly curtains and gaudy chandeliers I was giving up hope until I found the OFC. From the very beginning to the very end the OFC created my DREAM WEDDING. The day of was absolutely SEAMLESS our guests were asking how did you find this amazing place and were commenting all night about how gorgeous and different the venue was and how amazing the food was. The service was also superb from the wait staff to the bartenders and BEN was there to help make the entire night run smoothly. When I walked in on my wedding day I was speechless and so was my fiance. We had an hour meeting with DEB and BEN the week of and they knew exactly what to do and where to put things everything came together without difficulty. I didn't want the night to end we had such an amazing wedding thank you to all who made it happen. we were a wedding of about 100 people and it was perfect...I would definitely recommend this venue to a bride and groom who are fun laid back...if you are looking for extra frills or want to be treated like a "princess" with a day of person up your butt the whole time this venue is not for you and doesn't deserve you. What you see is what you get and what you get is the wedding of your dreams! I would also recommend the venue for small-medium weddings. We were so lucky to have our wedding here I can go on and on and on...CHOOSE THE OLD FIELD CLUB YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!

Sent on 07/08/2014
  • Kara

Kara · Married on 06/15/2014

The choice to have my wedding at the Old Field Club was the best decision I have ever made. The second we looked at it I knew it was right... the view is absolutely gorgeous, the feel is romantic and rustic, and the staff is very helpful. Ben and Sabine were consistently available to answer any questions and had the patience of a saint. Their knowledge and easy-going personalities were really soothing during the stressful process of planning a wedding, and I had NO apprehensions as to their abilities to meet all my needs. There were a few (very minor) hiccups along the way which included some miscommunications, so I would stress being VERY clear with ALL of the staff to make sure everyone is on the same page. Aside from that, I worked with Ben over the course of a few months and can say with confidence he exceeded all of my expectations. The day of our wedding ran as smooth as can be and Ben was always aware of my husband and I and our needs. The food was DELICIOUS and the guests raved about the servers and the beautiful ambiance. We could not have had a better wedding day, all of which would not have been possible without Ben and all the other staff members at the OFC.

Sent on 06/25/2014

Marie · Married on 05/25/2014

From start to finish the people at Old Field could not have done more to make my daughter's wedding day more perfect! Although simple in its decor, the location is perfect for an elegant and cozy affair. With the proper florist (Greenpoint Floral) the ballroom can be transformed. Most people think the best food at an affair is at the cocktail hour and the dinner will be so - so. Not the case with Old Field, the food across the board was amazingly delicious. Even my son who is a chef was impressed!
    Ben the maitre'd was so accommodating and attentive to us and all of our vendors.

Sent on 05/29/2014

Joanna · Married on 10/06/2013

Old Field Club is a beautiful venue, absolutely perfect for what I was going for at my wedding. Right by the water, fireplace, no carpeting in reception area! The staff was great to work with! Highly recommended!

Sent on 11/05/2013

Krystle · Married on 09/21/2013

We are so glad we chose to have our wedding at The Old Field Club. We were looking for a beautiful quiet venue without carpeting and the wedding factory feel - The Old Field Club was it! Hardwood floors, gorgeous floor to ceiling windows, lofted wood ceilings with tasteful chandeliers, beautiful water-view on a quiet private road...and the food is incredible! I cannot say enough about this place. Dennis, Ben and their team are a dream to work with. They accommodated all of our requests, and seamlessly made any last minute changes we had. When my husband and I arrived the day of the wedding, everything was PERFECT and our guests couldn't stop remarking about how beautiful the venue and how great the food was. Ben is such a calming and competent Maitre d' - I can't remember one moment the entire night that I had to ask for anything. He was always 2 steps ahead of us with a smile on his face, ensuring we were at ease and everything went seamlessly. Dennis is incredibly friendly and professional and was available throughout the planning process to answer all of our questions. Even Marilyn, who deals with their billing, was a pleasure! Book this place!

Sent on 09/26/2013

Janet · Married on 08/25/2013

Old Field is beautiful! The food was delicious and the staff was very accommodating.

Sent on 08/29/2013

sarah · Married on 08/24/2013

The Old Field Club was a recommendation made to us by a friend who knew we wanted simple beauty, class and elegance. On Jan 2, 2013 we decided on a summer wedding , a week later we walked into the Old Field Club, met with Dennis and set our date for August 24th, 2013. It was the first and only venue we looked at. Dennis was awesome upon first meeting, very down to earth, to the point, honest and helpful. We discussed budget and what works and doesn't work and he was extremely patient and pointed out exactly how we plan it, we walked out booking the date and knowing we were in good hands.

The OFC is a no-brainer, Ben was awesome, after our first meeting with Dennis we communicated with Ben and Marilyn mostly... ever so patient and helpful. The reception went off perfectly, the food was amazing!!!!! The Viennese hour spectacular... the place looked GORGEOUS! Dennis and Ben were just amazing... EVERY SINGLE DETAIL I requested had been attended to and Dennis suggested even more wonderful things and was so generous. Every one was amazing. It was also nice to Dennis on the floor that day working along side of everyone else and keeping things under his watchful eye. Great experience all around. My guests still rave about what an amazing wedding we had.. and they are right.

I am a little embarrassed that we haven't written a review sooner, time flies though! I highly highly recommend the OFC... an absolutely beautiful, perfect wedding day. Thank you Dennis, Ben and Marilyn for the most incredible wedding day.

Sarah & Tim Hassinger
    08/24/2013

Sent on 04/01/2014

Adrienne · Married on 07/05/2013

I had my wedding at The Old Field Club, it was so amazingly beautiful. The location on the water was beautiful, the reception space had that vintage feel I was going for, I received so many compliments on how the place looked. The food was so delicious, it wasn't the typical wedding food it was like eating in a gourmet restaurant. The service was perfect and detail oriented, there was not even one thing I would of changed.

Sent on 06/30/2014
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 06/07/2013

What a beautiful wedding Old Field Club gave us! I'm pretty sure no one even knew it was pouring rain outside! Ben the Maitre'd went above and beyond. From setting up my decorations better than I could've imagined and helping us be where we needed to be throughout the night. Also, every single one of my guests raved about the food. Great place! I hope my friends have their weddings there so I can enjoy it again!

Sent on 07/17/2013

Vanessa · Married on 01/19/2013

I fell in love with this place instantly. I didn't want that typical long island wedding. It has the old rustic look that's beautiful. The staff and food were amazing. Ben went above and beyond for me to make things perfect. Everyone was very professional. They made everything less stressful during the planning process answering all question and going out of the way for you. Thank you old field. Would recommend this venue to anyone!!

Sent on 03/13/2013

Shelley · Married on 10/28/2012

My daughter got married at the old Field Club. The venue is gorgeous. The food was gourmet and absolutely delicious and plated beautifully. The service of the Maitre'D and wait staff as well as the bartenders was attentive and very professional. The entire staff was extremely easy to deal with and flexible. The owner (Dennis) has excellent business and people sense and has hired a wonderful, accommodating staff. Ben, the maitre'D was wonderful. He gave me his personal cell phone number when we got closer to the wedding in case I needed to call him about some detail that needed his attention. The wait staff and office staff was equally efficient and professional. All in all it was an easy, stress free experience. I would not hesitate one second to have the Old Field Club cater any event.

Shelley Stockner
    Mother of the Bride
    October 28, 2012

Sent on 11/12/2012

Alison · Married on 11/12/2011

This place is great for types of brides who don't want that "long island, catering Hall, gaudy" type of feel. It was beautiful, the fire place, everything looked amazing. Exactly what I was looking for!! The staff and matrie 'd were great, (not intrusive, very professsional) the night ran smoothy ! It was a perfect day!

Sent on 12/06/2011

Kristen · Married on 10/16/2011

Amazing in every way! The grounds and main ballroom are so beautiful! Our wedding was perfect! The food, staff and location are amazing.

Sent on 04/12/2012

Kelly · Married on 09/27/2014

OFC is hands down the best wedding venue on Long Island. It is not your typical "wedding factory." The venue itself is gorgeous overlooking the water with picturesque views, hard wood floors, and a gorgeous fire place. If you are looking for a rustic cozy place to get married, you've found it. The food was wonderful. There were so many options to chose from. The service was impeccable. Ben the maitre'd was fabulous in every single way. He was so attentive and made sure everything was going smoothly. The entire OFC staff was so friendly and efficient. Our wedding day went off with out a hitch. I would recommend the Old Field Club to any couple!!!

Sent on 09/29/2014

Nora · Married on 06/26/2010

When I walked into the Old Field Club I knew it was the perfect locale for my nautical-themed wedding. Perched on a quiet inlet of the Long Island Sound, the lofted, beamed ceilings adorned with beautiful brass chandeliers were both simple and breathtaking. While I knew I had found the ideal venue, I didn’t realize that the service would match the location. Eager to please and ready to give in to my whims (especially as I had worked in events and was very specific about what I wanted) every detail was executed perfectly on my wedding day. Truly the perfect venue!

Sent on 07/30/2010