The Old Cigar Warehouse Reviews

The Old Cigar Warehouse 5
The Old Cigar Warehouse 6
The Old Cigar Warehouse 7

Amanda · Married on 07/25/2015

My husband and I recently moved here from Florida so 90% of our guests were from out of town. The Old Cigar Warehouse was a beautiful way to show them the charm of Downtown Greenville, give them access to restaurants, shopping, Falls Park, the Saturday Market, and so much more! Everyone loved how unique the venue is and the pictures came out beautifully! I was nervous walking down the stairs, but loved how it turned out! The staff was friendly and easy to work with. Our day of coordinator, Jennifer, was also amazing and worth every cent! We definitely had a unique wedding venue for people who have never been to Greenville and loved having them get a taste of our new home!

Sent on 09/13/2015

Rhonda · Married on 06/05/2015

Arynn and the staff at the Old Cigar Warehouse were great to work with for our wedding reception. The venue is beautiful and the space was perfect for what we wanted. During our reception we didn't have to worry about anything except having a great time with our family and friend, Arynn and Emily took care of everything!

Sent on 06/25/2015

The Old Cigar Warehouse was the perfect location for our wedding and reception! It was absolutely gorgeous! !! At first my husband and I were overwhelmed by the requirement of having all vendors approved, but our wedding planner and Kathleen were great about handling it. The staff was very helpful and caring on the day of the wedding which really put me at ease. Highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 07/27/2014

Kendra · Married on 06/08/2014

OCW and their entire team is fantastic! They made our wedding absolutely perfect. Aryyn is so sweet to work with throughout the sales and planning process and Jennifer, the wedding coordinator, is worth her weight in gold! We used all recommended vendors from OCW for rest of our wedding as well and I would not have changed a thing. Famzing Photography, Blake with Jumping Jukebox, Holly's Cakes and Good Life Catering were all outstanding! I would recommend all of them to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 07/07/2014

The Old Cigar Warehouse's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review, Kendra! Your wedding was beautiful and you chose an excellent group of vendors. We are so happy to hear that our Preferred Vendor list was helpful in putting together a great team for your big day. We hope you are enjoying married life and best wishes for the future!

Makayla · Married on 03/02/2019

Beautiful Venue

The Old Cigar Warehouse is a gorgeous and elegant standout venue. Katie, Hillary and Morgan were absolutely incredible. The were attentive to phone calls and emails, and gave clear direction which helped navigate through all the last minute details. After coming in from family pictures, the room was flipped and looking amazing. After the bride and groom left, I was ready to help clean up only to find that almost everything was already done for me. These ladies worked hard and it was so appreciated. OCW has a top notch staff. Thank you all.

Sent on 12/10/2018

Hi Makayla,
    Thank you so much for choosing The Old Cigar Warehouse, and congratulations on your marriage!! We had so much fun with you and I'm so glad you enjoyed your experience with us!

Ashley · Married on 05/19/2018

Gorgeous venue! We had our May wedding at the OCW. If you want great character in an urban setting this place it ideal! We had so many remarks of how impressively beautiful and unique the space was which evermore validated our choice to have our wedding here! Also, the OCW team were great to work with and our wedding planner, Aryonna (who we booked through the OCW) was AMAZING to work with! Can’t say enough, our day was beautiful :)

Sent on 06/13/2018

The Old Cigar Warehouse's reply:

Thank you so much Ashley for trusting us with your big day! We are thrilled it was a great experience for you. Enjoy being a newly wed!

Cindy · Married on 12/29/2016

This venue was breathtaking! They made our wedding day go smoothly and made us, as the bride and groom, feel at ease. Not only was the Old Cigar Warehouse a one of a kind venue, the vendors we chose through their approved vendor list truly made it an amazing night. We have gotten many phone calls stating that the OCW was the most unique and beautiful wedding venue they had ever seen!

Anna Kate was extremely organized and accommodating with her superior liaison between the vendors, the chaplain, and invested family members. She brought an energy to the night that expressed to my husband and I that everything was being handled. ANNA KATE is the reason that I would choose OCW again and again!

Sent on 01/02/2017

The Old Cigar Warehouse's reply:

Cindy and Zack! Thank you so much for your kind words! We had such an amazing time working with you for your big day! Everything was absolutely wonderful and we are so happy you allowed us to be a part of your big day! We wish you the very best and can't wait to see where y'all go in life!! Best wishes!! -The Old Cigar Warehouse

Sarah · Married on 07/30/2016

Old Cigar Warehouse was a beautiful venue that was perfect for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. The staff and liquid catering did an amazing job to make sure our day was perfect. I definitely recommend you have your event here!

Sent on 08/18/2016

Amanda · Married on 05/24/2014

I got married at the Cigar Warehouse on May 24th. It was absolutely beautiful and the staff was great. They had everything set and ready to go, all I had to do was show up. The venue itself is amazing and the staff was an extra bonus. The only reason I did not give 5 stars on value was the rehearsal. That is something that is only available is the space is not booked the night before and is an additional charge. Either way I would 100% recommend this location to anyone.

Sent on 06/03/2014

The Old Cigar Warehouse's reply:

Amanda, thank you so much for taking time to write this review! We had a wonderful time working with you and your wedding was absolutely gorgeous. We appreciate your feedback regarding the rehearsal policy. We have considered working a rehearsal into our room rental fee but feel it wouldn't be fair to those of our clients who do not need that time to rehearse. Again, we appreciate your feedback and will certainly keep it in mind moving forward. Congratulations and best wishes for a long and happy marriage!
  • Liz

Liz · Married on 04/25/2015

a bit strict with insurance requirements but overall great to work with :) super excited about our space

Sent on 07/28/2014

We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Old Cigar Warehouse. We used just the Great Hall for our wedding reception. The space is amazing... full of character and charming details. It was the perfect setting for our event. We (and our guests) enjoyed every minute of it.

Quick tip-- One of their preferred caterers is Good Life Catering. Do yourself a favor and book these together. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 12/12/2014

The Old Cigar Warehouse's reply:

We loved getting to work with you to make your wedding reception so special! The Main Hall looked fabulous with your neutral color scheme and soft decorative touches. We are so happy to hear that you and your guests enjoyed the night and the delicious food from Good Life Catering. We are so glad we were a part of your big day. Wishing you many years of love and happiness!

Nicole · Married on 12/31/2013

Kathleen and the staff where wonderful!! They made our very special night one to remember!
    The venue is a beautiful place to have your wedding, it was breathtaking.

Sent on 01/12/2014

The Old Cigar Warehouse's reply:

Thank you, Nicole! You were a pleasure to work with. We had such fun with your wedding and couldn't have asked for a better way to ring in the New Year!

Paige · Married on 07/14/2018

We loved having our wedding at OCW! All of our guests were blown away by this gorgeous venue. The team at OCW was very accommodating, friendly, and professional. Our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception ran extremely smoothly thanks to the awesome team helping us there.

Sent on 08/08/2018

Hi Paige,

Thank you for choosing The Old Cigar Warehouse for your big day! We loved hosting your wedding!

Maryanne · Married on 06/16/2018

I love this venue. I think it is beautiful and provides the perfect setting for a wedding in which you want all elements - ceremony, cocktail hour, reception - in the same location. And the event manager I had on the day-of was perfect. He actually got on the ground to wipe up the rain water that had puddled up by the entry door so that it wouldn't ruin my dress. I can't do 5 stars across the board, though, just because there are things that need improvement. First off - the turnover there seems to be a bit high. The person you book with may or may not actually be the person helping you later, because it seems people don't stay for very long. That can be a bit frustrating when you've had a conversation with one girl about things and how they will go, and then she is gone. The other main complaint would be their "bridal suite." We called it the "bridal closet." It is TINY. I only had 5 bridesmaids, and we were cramped up in there. And there's no A/C in there, so we had fans going and were still sweaty. So I would recommend having another space to get ready in, but I still definitely recommend the venue for the actual ceremony and reception. It is beautiful.

Sent on 07/06/2018

Hi Maryanne,

First of all, congratulations on your big day and thank you for choosing The Old Cigar Warehouse to make it so memorable for you! We appreciate your great feedback as well! In regards to our turnover, we know it's been a touch year for our clients. Unfortunately we've had some folks decide that the event world isn't for them. The good news is we have modified our approach to our planning process by utilizing a team-based model. So we are keeping one email address and have modified our note-taking procedure so nothing gets missed! I totally understand that the bridal suite is small. Unfortunately our building was built in 1882, so we are having to work with what we got! We did have some unforeseen a/c issues that have been difficult to fix, I think we've got it all squared away now! Once again, old buildings have their quirks!

Thank you again for choosing us and enjoy your first year of married life!
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 06/11/2016

My new husband and I are both designers, so finding a venue that spoke to us was an incredibly important piece of our planning process. As soon as we stepped into The Old Cigar Warehouse 6 months ago, we both fell in love. Now, almost 3 weeks after our wedding is over, we are still just as head over heels for the venue as they first day we stepped into it.

The venue itself is remarkably beautiful and well laid out. It almost doesn't need decoration because of its natural beauty. We had both our ceremony and reception on site with around 80 guests and the space was the perfect size for that amount of people.

The staff of the OCW are wonderful, too. Our representative, Christie, was incredibly patient and helpful throughout the entire process. The day of the wedding was a breeze - since bartending and furniture rentals are all taken care of by the staff/partners of OCW.

My two recommendations when working with this venue are: 1) If you really are hooked on getting a specific date, you need to be in contact with the OCW WAY before your date. We loved the venue itself, but didn't have a date in mind, so that made it a lot easier to plan around. 2) If you're using vendors of your own (not from their recommended list on their website), they will all have to submit a pretty intense set of paperwork for insurance/liability reasons, so be prepared to ask your vendors for COI.

Also, make sure you ask questions and keep your communication lines open with the OCW staff and your representative as you are brainstorming for your wedding. The OCW (having been around the block for all kinds of events since it started) has a long (and reasonable) list of rules for everything from reception exits (no sparklers or fireworks), to what height candle votives should be, to a strict rule on air only (no helium) balloons, and more. Don't be overwhelmed, though, if any of these are must-haves for you - the staff is incredibly helpful in figuring out alternatives.

Sent on 06/29/2016

The OCW was a beautiful venue for a wedding a reception. They were professional and accommodating. Liquid Catering did an awesome job and I would highly recommend OCW to future brides. Beautiful venue!

Sent on 01/01/2014

The Old Cigar Warehouse's reply:

Thank you so much for choosing the Old Cigar Warehouse for your wedding! It was truly unique and such fun to be a part of. We loved all the personal touches! If we can ever help with another event in the Greenville area please don't hesitate to reach out!

Agatha · Married on 10/04/2013

We loved our wedding at OCW (ceremony and reception). We booked back in Feb before the renovations were complete. My husband was disappointed about no groom's suite as promised, so he could have a private space to chill and wait privately for the ceremony. The bridal suite was not stocked upon arrival. We had to frequently ask for waters. We liked that there was parking available for guests, and easy access for vendors. I appreciated that they had water/tea for people as they entered the reception.
    Someone commented that a bartender pulled out a tip jar at the cocktail hour. They also forgot a special drink request for the groom's father and other special guests, but they tried to accommodate once it was brought to their attention. Another comment was that it's challenging for someone with physical disabilities to get up and down to the outside deck, and there was no one in sight to direct them to the side door of the main hall (where they do have handicap entry), so they had to make it down the big staircase. They left extra furniture in the venue, which I'm sure was as a favor, but they just didn't go with the decor scheme. I could have made use somewhere else had it been communicated ahead of time. Also, there’s only one smoking area w/1 ash tray, and wouldn’t provide any more even when requested. Therefore, cigarette butts ended up on the ground, which is unacceptable. My guests were told that I would be charged per cigarette butt if they weren't picked up, so a few friends went around picking them up one by one at the end of the night. I would suggest more edison lights, and more neutral paint colors on the main hall walls. Also, more streamlined rentals arrangement.
    All in all, it is a really great venue, and you can do so much with it. They are venue still working out the kinks, and will ultimately be able to execute a little more smoothly on details in the future. The owner is very hardworking, so I know that they will continue to improve.

Sent on 10/27/2013

amy · Married on 08/22/2014

3.5

Beautiful, rustic venue that doesn't need many additional decorations. Very spacious and unique.

Sent on 09/24/2014

The Old Cigar Warehouse's reply:

Thank you for the kind review, Amy! We are so happy our rustic venue fit the feel you were going for. Your elegant, decorative touches made the space lovely for your big day and it was a joy working with you. Wishing you the best!

Judy Stevens · Married on 07/06/2019

great venue

Great venue for a wedding. Having the cocktail hour and then dancing in the front room with dinner being served in the cellar was great......

The only disappointment was in that we paid extra for the wine barrel bar and was told it would be used as a bar - but instead it was used for ice tea and water. I would not of paid extra to do this.

The other item was the seating chart & table assignments. They provided us with the table layout and numbering and when put people at specific tables according to their layout. The day of the wedding the layout did not match what they had given us - so while people were seated at the right table the table was not in the spot we were told it would be.

The event planner, crew were fairly new and it showed. They need a little more direction/experience

Sent on 07/16/2019

Amy · Married on 07/04/2015

3.0

The Old Cigar Warehouse is breathtaking! We are so pleased to have had our wedding ceremony and reception here. The only negative I would say would be that they charge extra for rehearsal and cannot guarantee that the day before your wedding is available for a rehearsal which isn't ideal but understandable due to their popularity. They were easy to work with and Arynn could not have been more helpful!

Sent on 08/03/2015

3.5

We wanted a wedding ceremony and reception with a vintage and rustic feel. OCW was perfect and beautiful. It has so much character. The staff is very professional and helped us feel at ease with any concerns we had. It was a litle pricey, but it was the perfect venue for our needs. Having the ceremony and reception in the same location was so much better for our guests, too. The one negative I will say is the bride's room was a little small. Also, if your event is at night, the lighting is low so for anyone (e.g., the officiant) needing to read, it is best to use an iPad or some other type of device.

Sent on 12/21/2014

Stefanie · Married on 08/15/2014

Venue was awesome! Great staff to work with and very accommodating.

Sent on 09/17/2014

The Old Cigar Warehouse's reply:

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review, Stefanie! We had so much fun working with you on your big day. It was a beautiful wedding and your team of vendors was awesome. Wishing you many years of love and happiness!

Kara · Married on 11/22/2014

3.5

Be sure to be aware of their insurance requirements before you book a vendor! Also, when you do book a vendor, jump on getting the insurance info. from them and to OCW as it can be a process! The girls were all very helpful and the venue has a lot of character. Our guests loved it! :)

Sent on 12/03/2014

3.5

Our wedding at the old cigar warehouse was an absolute dream! The venue itself is so gorgeous there is little need to overdue it with decor. The staff that worked with us was truly kind, helpful, and professional! I couldn't have had a more perfect day. There were a few things that I felt other brides would like to know prior to booking with this venue though. A rehearsal is not included in the price that you pay for the venue on your wedding day-- it is an additional 200 dollars with no guarantees that the space will be available to you due to the fact that they also have events on Friday! I was lucky to have a coordinator who came to my rehearsal dinner and staged a rehearsal! The other thing (that has nothing to do with their incredible staff) is that the owner of the venue is ALL business. I was given a massive contract of things I had to uphold as a bride that was really overwhelming. Other than those two things my experience with them couldn't have gone better, but I just wanted to give a heads up to future brides!

Sent on 03/01/2015

Tonya · Married on 12/27/2013

3.0

My daughter's wedding and reception went off without a hitch! The staff had to flip the main hall from the ceremony space with 215 chairs into our dance floor while we were enjoying the dessert bar in the Cellar. They did this with lightning speed, even though they also had to decorate 6 of our tables in the process. Every question we asked throughout the day was answered quickly, and every concern addressed.
    As the MOtB, I was the last to leave the venue after the event, and came out to find my car battery had died. One of the security fellows came right out, jumped off the battery, and got me going safely on my way.

Sent on 12/30/2013

The Old Cigar Warehouse's reply:

Tonya, thank you so much for taking time to review your experience. We had a great time seeing Cecilia's wedding come together. It was so nice to see her so happy and able to relax and enjoy the day. We are happy to hear you were pleased with our performance that day! We try to help in any way we can. So sorry about your car...maybe we will start keeping jumper cables at the venue! Please think of us again in the future!