The Old Cigar Warehouse Reviews

The Old Cigar Warehouse 6
The Old Cigar Warehouse 7
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 07/11/2015

They were so easy to work with. Arynn and the rest of the team at the OCW made planning my big day so easy and enjoyable. They took care of all of the tables, chairs and linens which saved a ton of time and they looked great! They were extremely professional every time I spoke with them. They were great!! The venue was more that I even imagined! It transformed into a beautiful space that fit my wedding vision exactly!

Sent on 07/22/2015

DIANNE · Married on 05/22/2015

The place is beautiful and the staff is wonderful. Our guest loved the venue. They know what works and are there to help you make your event the way you want it. Their vendor list is very helpful. Jennifer Dennis, the day of coordinator, was WONDERFUL! Nothing but great memories on this special day.

Sent on 06/03/2015

This is a beautiful venue! From the moment we saw it we knew this would be the place for our wedding. The place itself is beautiful so very little decoration was needed. The staff was very professional and responsive. They are a bit strict with the photographers, caterers and DJ's but it's all worth it.

Sent on 05/30/2015

Jamie · Married on 05/15/2015

I couldn't have imagined a more perfect venue for my wedding and reception! The OCW and their staff were amazing. My contact (Arynn) was incredible throughout the planning stages and sent helpful reminders along the way regarding flowers, caterers and other services. She helped to ensure I was on schedule to book my vendors and (unknowingly) made the planning process a lot less stressful. The venue is breathtaking which made my photos even more beautiful! The day was perfect and the OCW was the perfect place for our I Do's!!

Sent on 06/23/2015
  • User4302083 · 2+ years ago

Groom's parents used this location for the rehearsal dinner. It was perfect! The setting, service, and professionalism were top notch!

Sent on 04/19/2015

The Old Cigar Warehouse was all I could ask from a venue + more! They were incredible. Arynn was my wedding coordinator and she was so sweet. I'm just going to write a list of all the ways that they were amazing:

-answered emails within 24 hours
    -were upfront about their policies (nothing is hidden, you know everything from the start. If you don't like their policies, don't book with them)
    -you have to get insurance for vendors if they aren't on the preferred vendor list (which they are upfront about from the start). It isn't a guarantee that they will approve the vendors, but they approved both of ours no problem at all. It cost $150 for each vendor for the insurance
    -I actually loved the preferred vendor list! It made it so easy for me to choose everything! Wedding planning can be overwhelming so when you have a list, it gives you a great place to start and I felt like they had plenty of options available.
    -We were able to rent chairs, tables, table clothes all through them and it was so wonderful! they handle all of the coordinating for this which is SO AWESOME!
    -Make sure you communicate what needs to happen during the flip with decorations, just in case one of your vendors don't
    -The day of was so smooth! I didn't have to worry about anything! Arynn helped get me down the isle on time and made me not feel as nervous.

So basically what I'm saying is, BOOK AT THE OLD CIGAR WAREHOUSE! It is such a beautiful space!

Sent on 02/11/2015

Alison · Married on 12/15/2014

This was a great venue for our wedding. Very little decorating was required for our wedding as we like the rustic feel of the place, but it is a blank slate so you can decorate as needed. They have a list of vendors that they have worked with to make the planning process easier as well. We got married in December so the place was decorated for the holidays which was a plus for us. They answer any questions and the day of the wedding they help when/if they are needed. My wedding day was great and the guest loved the venue and ceremony.

Sent on 12/22/2014

Kristin · Married on 12/06/2014

We absolutely loved this venue!!! Our wedding and reception was perfect!! The staff at OCW worked with us and did everything to make sure our day was exactly how we wanted! Thank you OCW!!! :)

Sent on 12/07/2014

The Old Cigar Warehouse's reply:

Congratulations again on your recent marriage, Kristin! We loved working with you along the way and it was a joy seeing your big day come together. We couldn't be happier to hear that your day was exactly how you imagined it. Please let us know if we can do anything for you in the future and best wishes!

Jessica · Married on 10/24/2014

The Old Cigar Warehouse was the perfect venue for our wedding. Our guests were so surprised as many of them had never visited OCW. The stair entrance is beautiful and grand and as a bride I certainly felt special utilizing them as our entrance. Jennifer, our wedding coordinator, is a lifesaver. She kept our wedding party organized and on time and when I got too hot, she found an industrial fan to keep me cool! In addition, I expressed to her that I should have gotten a Sixpence but didn't, and she found one locally on the morning of the wedding and went out of her way to pick it up! Dustin and Arynn, venue managers, were easy to work with and accommodating. It was a great experience overall.

Sent on 10/26/2014

The Old Cigar Warehouse's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review, Jessica! Your October wedding was beautiful and unique. We loved the fall colors you brought in as they complimented the space beautifully. We, along with Jennifer Dennis, enjoyed getting to work with you and your guests for both your rehearsal dinner and ceremony/reception. Please let us know if we can help you with anything in the future. Best wishes!

Shaina · Married on 09/06/2014

Great all around, great service. Not to mention how awesome the place looks in photos

Sent on 10/21/2014

Shelley · Married on 08/23/2014

I LOVE THE OLD CIGAR WAREHOUSE, I may be a little bias because I interned with them, but I doubt it :). Why I picked OCW over any other large venue in Greenville.

1. I need a large space (275 people reception). I looked at other venues in Greenville, OCW was the only venue where I felt like everyone could be included without having to be right on the dance floor or in another room missing all the action.

2. Bar and Venue service all at one. I wanted a Huge party. Music, Drinks, Food were a priorities in that order. Having the bar service be in house makes it SO much easier than dealing with multiple vendors. I also received quotes from other venues with in house bar services and their quotes than Liquid Catering provided for us. With Liquid Catering you have multiple options, add-ons, and ways to customize a bar for your event.

3. The Space. I did not want to spend thousands on decorations. Luckily with the warehouse, you really do not need many. With the exposed brick, curtains to soften the room, and up-lighting that you can pick any color, the room hardly needed decorations. I went with simple cigar boxes instead of vases as my centerpieces a few high tops and called it a day! Cigar boxes are cheap to rent or buy from any local cigar shop!

4. All In One. After interning I did not feel the need to hire a day of coordinator. HOWEVER, I had a florist who arranged, decorated, and spoke with all my vendors free of charge. Otherwise, Jennifer Dennis (OCW in house day of coordinator) would have been my first choice. I have worked with Jennifer on many other events, wedding or not, and she is on top of her game 24/7 with your event.

5. Staff: great people and easy to get in touch with for all of your needs! Bonus that they will flip your ceremony to a reception quickly! They are they to help you as the bride and groom and will have your drink ready for you in hand.

Definitely check out this venue!

Sent on 11/17/2014

My wedding at the Old Cigar Warehouse was perfect! The venue was beautiful, and it really doesn't need a ton of flowers and decor to look great. The staff was always very helpful--Kathleen responded to emails and calls in a very reasonable amount of time. She was extremely organized, creative, professional and helpful when figuring out what rentals we needed to order and the layout for both the ceremony and reception. All of my guests commented on how beautiful the venue was. I couldn't imagine getting married anywhere else!

Sent on 07/17/2014

Kamella · Married on 05/31/2014

I planned over a year in advance for this venue. When I booked with TOCW, wedding dates were flying off the calendar every hour. I booked this venue without even stepping a foot into the space. Being very courageous with my decision, it was the absolute best I made. From the very first day I booked, Kathleen Byrne was so incredibly personal and helpful. I attended 2 bridal open houses at TOCW (one without the bridal suite completed and one with the bridal suit completed). It was an amazing time for myself, my family, my wedding coordinator, my florist, my photographer and my band to come together, view the space, bounce ideas and truly plan out my dream wedding. They welcome every single person I brought into the space to plan with ease. They were so helpful with ideas and took the time to talk through many ideas I had. With things I wasn't sure of, they provided the best help with their advice. My rehearsal dinner was absolutely perfect in The Main Hall. We were able to practice and have dinner all in the same space. When I arrived on the wedding day, everything was in place, calm and ready to go hours before the event. Kathleen and her team went above and beyond to make sure all of my wedding vendors were insured, professional and kind working people. This too made me feel very secure in my decision. I have gotten the most amazing responses from guests about my rehearsal, wedding and reception. I know for sure that I picked the perfect venue for all of my wedding needs. The team at TOCW is A DREAM TEAM, to say the least. They are worth every single penny. I will forever be grateful.

Sent on 07/29/2014

tami · Married on 05/10/2014

MY daughter had her wedding here and I could not be more pleased with the staff and venue! Kathlynne was exceptional to work with! Everyone the day of the wedding was wonderful and very helpful! My daughter's wedding was everything she could ask for! I was very pleased with bridal suite and how accommodating the staff of OCW was to our bride and groom's needs! Even when it starting to rain, things went off without a hitch! I would like to see OCW put more photos of the wedding day on their website and facebook. They tend to post more pictures of events and I know the brides would like to see more of their day on site as well!

Sent on 06/03/2014

The Old Cigar Warehouse's reply:

Thank you, Tami, for your wonderful review! It was great working with you and Jordan. She was so sweet about going with the flow when the rain hit! We were happy the rain plan worked so seamlessly for you. It is great to hear your feedback about our Facebook. Because we are so focused on customer service throughout the wedding day we rely heavily on the professional photographers to send us photos after the big day so that we can share them. We have requested those already and will post some as soon as they are sent to us! Please keep checking back. Thank you again!

Kristen · Married on 05/09/2014

We looked at several different venues before deciding on the Old Cigar Warehouse. We loved the rustic, exposed brick look - it was the perfect for our taste. As any newly engaged couple, we were very nervous getting into the whole wedding planning process. However, our first meeting with Kathleen made things seem so easy. She seemed to have a lot of experience and had a story for every situation. Throughout the planning process, Kathleen and Arynn replied to all my emails so that I didn't lose any time planning. While the rain wasn't the best thing for our wedding day, Kathleen and the staff did everything they could to make sure everything still went off smoothly (including calming me down and holding my umbrella right before I walked down the steps from the patio!) Our guests had a great time - I would definitely recommend this venue to any future bride!

Sent on 06/02/2014

The Old Cigar Warehouse's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. We too feel the venue was a perfect fit for your taste! The day was beautiful (despite the rain) and we were thrilled to see it all come together for you. Please let us know if we can help with anything in the future and thank you again for your recommendation!

My husband and I were more than thrilled with our April wedding at the Old Cigar Warehouse!! We were kind of lost when we first met with Kathleen but she was able to give us great recommendations for other businesses to use. Her tips along the way helped us out so much. Leading up to our last meeting we still had lots of questions and were a bit anxious but felt much more at ease once Kathleen walked us through the timeline and placement of everything for the ceremony and reception. By the time our wedding day arrived, we felt so comfortable that everything was going to be smooth sailing that we were really able to enjoy the day. Arryn was also at our final meeting which was nice because she was there with Kathleen on our wedding day. These two were so sweet and attentive to me and my bridesmaids while we got ready. My girls were so excited to find the mini fridge with mimosas in the bride's room! We couldn't have asked for a better day for our friends and family. Everyone is still raving to us about how beautiful the building is and how polite and friendly all of the staff were. We would definitely recommend this venue and can't wait to be back in September for our friend's wedding!

Sent on 05/30/2014

The Old Cigar Warehouse's reply:

Thank you so much for choosing the Old Cigar Warehouse and for your thoughtful review! We had a wonderful time working with you and are happy to hear we were able to help you relax on your big day. Glad your bridal party was able to join you in relaxing with a mimosa! Please do not hesitate to reach out if we can ever help you out again. Wishing you all the best!

Laurie · Married on 03/15/2014

The venue beautiful and the staff there is so great to work with. I was planning this wedding from a distance and dealing with everyone at the Old Cigar Warehouse made me feel very confident that my day would go off without a hitch. And the venue itself is really just breath-taking. Such a unique, interesting and beautiful space!

Sent on 04/01/2014

The Old Cigar Warehouse's reply:

Thank you, Laurie, for choosing our venue and for sharing your review! It was so nice working with you and getting to know your family. We recognize the difficulty of planning a wedding remotely and are happy to hear we made it easier on you.

Simon · Married on 01/04/2014

We had a great time at our wedding on 01/14/2014 at the OCW. The ladies that run it really know their stuff. They respond in a timely manor to any questions and are always extremely helpful. As for the venue, from the moment we waled in we were blown away. This place is origional, rustic and just overall eye catching inside and out. We had viewed a few different venues but decided to have our ceremony and reception at the OCW. The staff was efficient and professional throughout. We actually had to flip the main room during the cocktail hour, and their staff seemed to get it dont in about 20 mins. Plan to being your own decorations (or rent them) to make the wedding your own, and listen to the coordinators at the venue. They may sound like theyre tagging on a number of extras, but theyre really just making sure that you arent missing anything on your wedding day. My other reccomendation is to use Jennifer Dennis (their contracted day of coordinator) she is worth her weight in gold.

Sent on 01/17/2014

The Old Cigar Warehouse's reply:

Simon and Kim, thank you so much for your detailed review! We appreciate your trust in us to help guide you to the very best wedding day possible. We had fun working with you and your families and enjoyed seeing everyone come together for such a fun time. Jennifer is definitely worth more than her weight in gold and we are happy to hear you agree!

Lauren · Married on 12/15/2013

Staff was a pleasure to work with. They did everything possible to make my wedding run as smooth as possible. It was a wonderful, stress-free day. The venue was beautiful and I am so pleased with how everything turned out!! To do it all again, I'd do it all the same. Wonderful experience working with The Old Cigar Warehouse.

Sent on 01/01/2014

The Old Cigar Warehouse's reply:

Lauren, thank you so much for choosing our venue and for your kind words! It was such a pleasure working with you and seeing the venue so beautifully transformed for your big day. We are happy to hear you were able to relax and enjoy the day! Hope to see you back at the venue in the future!

John · Married on 12/08/2013

Just signed with The Old Cigar Warehouse for our wedding. So very excited. Their staff has been amazing...best group we worked with in Greenville.

Sent on 01/13/2014

The Old Cigar Warehouse's reply:

Thanks for choosing The Old Cigar Warehouse for your wedding. It was great seeing everything come together so nicely for you! If you need anything in the future, please don’t hesitate to ask!

Nicole · Married on 10/11/2013

We had a fabulous wedding and have yet to hear anything but wonderful comments about the venue! If we could afford it, we would have an anniversary party every year there!!! :)

Thank you for helping make our wedding something beautiful!

Sent on 10/23/2013

The Old Cigar Warehouse's reply:

Thanks Nicole, for choosing The Old Cigar Warehouse for your big day. We were thrilled to have you and Xander celebrate with us! Everything was so beautiful and you were a pleasure to work with. If you need anything in the future, please don’t hesitate to ask!
  • Cristin

Cristin · Married on 11/19/2016

Sarah Kate and Anna Kate were a dream to work with! They are both so sweet, professional, and really took the time to make our wedding special. I live out of state so their flexibility and willingness to work with me made all of the difference in the world. I couldn't have picked two better people to work with.

Sent on 11/29/2016

The Old Cigar Warehouse's reply:

Cristin! Thank you so much for your words! We absolutely loved being a part of your big day! Your family and friends were so much fun to be around!! We love seeing your pictures from your big day! They are stunning!! Best wishes to you and Jared!! -The Old Cigar Warehouse
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 10/16/2016

The staff at The Old Cigar Warehouse are everything you're searching for. They are polite, honest, kind, informative, .. I can go on. They were the first venue we looked at and instantly we feel in love with the venue, location, and of course Arynn! We couldn't be happier and are looking forward to our big day!

Sent on 11/10/2015

The Old Cigar Warehouse's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review!!! We truly appreciated seeing you celebrate your big day! It's not only an honor to see you and your family join together to celebrate, but it's also very much appreciated to know that you enjoyed your day. Thank you!!!

The staff at Old Cigar Warehouse are extremely helpful, kind, and quick to respond. The venue is beautiful and although I wish some of their policies weren't so strict (no open flames, no sparklers, etc.) I'm very excited to have my wedding there. I know they will do a great job to help make our ceremony and reception run smoothly and in a timely manner.

Sent on 10/27/2015

The Old Cigar Warehouse was the perfect venue for our wedding late September wedding. We didn't want a cookie cutter venue, and, as soon as we saw pictures, we knew it was where we wanted to get married (even without actually seeing the venue in person). OCW has so much character and charm that it truly requires little decoration.

Arynn was a joy to work with. Always quick to respond to my questions and offered a lot of great ideas during the planning process. I live out of town, and she was even willing to meet me on a Sunday morning for my final venue consultation.

Unfortunately, it rained our entire wedding day, so we didn't get to use the patio for our cocktail hour. Luckily, Arynn had a backup plan, and all of our guests were happy and dry. We are still receiving compliments about our wedding several weeks later, and I know our choice in venue was one of the best decisions that we made.

I will say that the contract you sign is quite intimidating. I do recommend using pre-approved vendors because of the insurance requirements / approval process. Also, the venue books up fast, so book as early as possible!

Sent on 10/18/2015