The Old Blue Rooster Event Center Reviews

27 | Lithopolis, OH

27 Reviews for The Old Blue Rooster Event Center

1.0

This was my review to the old blue rooster:
    Yes the venue is beautiful but the people were horrible to deal with. They nickel and dime you on everything!!! Watch out, best of all they charge you for a rehearsal walk through. During the wedding or reception they will pull up a golf cart and stare at everyone. I get that they have to have someone on the property but could have made themselves a little more invisible. I had numerous guests come up to me asking why they were creepily sitting and staring there. Very very upset about that part. I even had all of my other vendors complain that this was the worst venue they have ever dealt with and couldn't believe how they charge for everything. Oh and did I mention that their sink water is POND WATER. Disgusting!!!!!! Why would you tell guests that you have a working bar and sink but the water is from the pond. Who wants to use a glass rinsed from that. Overall extremely disappointed. They were not helpful with anything and extremely rude!!! DO NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE!

Sent on 06/25/2016

The Old Blue Rooster Event Center's reply:

The contract states that all of the options for our venues are A la Carte. That means that you choose the options you want, you are not trapped into anything you don't need. This is explained to all of the clients before they sign the contract with us. You are given a price list. You are able to decide if you would like to have us set up/tear down/clean up, etc. or if you would like to save some money and do it yourself. We are completely transparent about our pricing and even have it right on our website for everyone to see.

t · Married on 09/30/2016

0.4
      0.5

Please visit this website and see the true reviews to this venue. As the mother of a recent groom, I can confirm the unprofessionalism this owner exudes. It is obvious she has no professional background in dealing with the public; especially brides/grooms on their most important/stressful day. Please note that the only 5 star review comes from the owner herself; please take note to her response - really? The venue is a beautiful place, but she takes all that away with her obnoxious behavior.

Sent on 10/02/2016

The Old Blue Rooster Event Center's reply:

Very sad that you could write a bad review when it was your family that caused the problem in the first place. You were at a venue that you were not contracted to be at- NO, you had NOT paid for the time at The Shelter House- and we had an event there that evening that the party would have been arriving at any time. I asked several times, very calmly for you to leave. Your party would not and the last time your son stuck his finger in my face and screamed "She F****** paid for it!" One of his groomsmen grabbed him and pulled him away from me. As I turned around to speak to the bride your husband chest bumped me and said "You need to get the F*** out of here, you got no right to be here." Again, a groomsmen got between us and shoved your husband away. At that point I did become very profane. You are very lucky that there was a wedding at all that day, it would have been perfectly within my right to have you arrested for trespassing, because you wouldn't leave when I asked, and for assault from your husband.