Craftwood Inn Reviews

84 | Manitou Springs, CO

84 Reviews for Craftwood Inn

Gabriel · Married on 07/12/2015

An outstanding venue and Brian and Dave are amazing. Our wedding was very short notice(about a month), yet Brian came through and provided us a venue and service that led to a perfect day. His recommendations on other vendors(DJ, officiant) were spot on. He put together a package that met our rather limited budget and then delivered in a manner that far exceeded our expectations. We had more then a few comments from our guests of the "best wedding ever" variety.
    I can not recommend The New Craftwood Inn Event Center highly enough. The venue itself is beautiful, but it's Brian and Dave's professionalism, passion and expertise that made the experience such a pleasure. It's hard to imagine a better value or a finer experience. Thank you Brian and Dave!

Sent on 07/20/2015

Craftwood Inn's reply:

Hello Gabriel and Erika: When you came to me with about 3-4 weeks before the wedding date of choice with Erika still being out of State I immediately wanted to put your mind at ease as I saw this as a challenge but a fun one to pull off and have it look like you both planned this for months. You were both so gracious to work with and it was a pleasure being at your entire wedding from beginning to end!! Dave and I wish you many happy prosperous years to come and Congrats once again!!

Mic · Married on 07/09/2015

The New Craftwood Inn Event Center is absolutely gorgeous from the main building to the grounds, there isn't a detail out of place. We loved the beautiful plants, flowers, waterfall, tables, and the food. Brian and Dave were fantastic to work with and our wedding was exactly what we wanted. From the initial meeting to the day of the event, Brian was engaged and attentive. He answered every question, responded to every request, and even provided suggestions and ideas on how to make our day truly special and unique to us. Everything on our wedding day went exactly as planned. We couldn't have done it without the help of Brian and Dave and we can't imagine having our wedding anywhere other than the Craftwood Inn.

Sent on 07/29/2015

Craftwood Inn's reply:

You were both such a pleasure to work with and thanks for being the First Same Sex Wedding here at the Craftwood!! Your wedding cake was AMAZING all 7-8 colors that were in it. Truly a most unique rainbow and also delicious it was. We wish you both an incredible life together and please pass the work about the Craftwood.
  • User5195388 · 2+ years ago

The proprietors of the Craftwood Inn, Brian and Dave, were extremely helpful in planning our wedding, They took time to go over all aspects of the wedding and recommended a number of other vendors, who were also wonderful to work with. The atmosphere at the Craftwood Inn was spectacular and the food was amazing (a number of our guests raved about the quality of the food). Both Brian and Dave exceeded our expectations and we would highly recommend the Craftwood Inn for your wedding or any other special event.

Sent on 06/21/2015

Cammie · Married on 05/23/2015

Everything was perfect! Unforgettable day!! Thank you..

Sent on 06/02/2015

Craftwood Inn's reply:

It was such a treat giving you the day of your lives!! Your energy and the guests were amazing and we hope you had a marvelous time in Florida with some R&R!!

Andrae · Married on 05/05/2015

We chose to have our wedding and Reception at the Craftwood Inn.. I am so thankful my Husband found this place!!! Brian and his staff were absolutely amazing! I was ultimately impressed with how elegant everything was. The food was incredible,.throughout the night my guests were complimenting us on everything from how the food tastes to how classy and beautiful the location was. Thank you guys for helping us make this the best day of our lives.

Mrs. Andrae M. Kovac

Sent on 05/15/2015

Craftwood Inn's reply:

Working with the both of you for this special day was a pleasure and to watch your response even though we had some rain that night was so special as the smiles never left your faces!! That just shows the real people the both of you are!! Enjoy starting this most amazing journey together!!

Sarah · Married on 05/02/2015

I am head over heels in love about how well we were treated, the level of professionalism, the quality of the gourmet food and everything between from the gorgeous flower arrangements to the incredible photographer! My now husband and I live out of state but our parents live in Colorado. It was extremely easy to choose one of the packages the owners Brian Scully and Dave Monson had to offer! They took care of virtually all of the planning for us. Brian is the chef who created our delicious food menu and Dave is the grand gentleman responsible for handling the super friendly waitstaff for us!!! There's also a divine display of fresh flowers planted all over the property that Dave single handedly planted for their business!!! I jokingly offered to pay him to plant such magnificent beauties on our parents' property but he kindly declined! I highly recommend this venue for you future brides out there! We had our rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception here! Happily Ever After Truly Begins Here!!!

Sent on 05/24/2015

Craftwood Inn's reply:

Sarah you are an incredibly special person to us as you were so organized which was such a pleasure to be involved creating this most unforgettable day for the both of you..Still thinking about the plantings for your Parents but have not pushed into the YES category yet!! Celebrate your lives and keep smiling and producing that positive attitude you always have!! Pikes Peak will not be the same without you!!

Cynthia · Married on 04/25/2015

Brian Scully, one of the owners met me and gave me his visionary tour. It was last November with renovation fully underway. The old and damaged material had been removed; the beautiful, old tradition remained. Stained glass, wood fireplace, original copper shroud & the wooden beams in the ceiling visibly accenting the turn of the century architecture. There is a melding of the old into the New Craftwood Inn. It presents an eclectic mix bringing in a new era. There is something here for everybody.
    I found out that much of the vision was that of his partner Dave Monson. Room by room we talked and envisioned the desired changes. My own vision for my “Enchanted Evening” was met by this venue. It created the perfect canvas for my “dream wedding”.
    Outside were the quaint cottages for both the Bride and the Groom. A sandstone patio. The Pergolas’ deep walnut color stood out regally, next to the cascading waterfall. The price was outstanding compared to all the other venues we researched and the value for the cost was awesome!
    Brian asked about our guests and any food allergies, checking on small things. The communication from them throughout the process was just what I needed. Perfect!
    On the day of our wedding, there was a variety of cheese and food snacks in each cottage. The guys had various drinks choices. Over in the Brides cottage we had plenty of room for visitors, a lighted studio room for hair and makeup, massages and preparation. We were pampered and catered to like royalty!
    Our evening easily flowed from ceremony to cocktail hour and into dinner. The reviews and comments are still coming in weeks after the event. This was the point at which we realized that this was truly where “Happily Ever After Begins Here”!!
    Take time meeting this ownership team. Their integrity, customer care show they are all about making you the focal point of your day!

Make this your last stop as this will be your perfect place and you can check VENUE off your list.
    Cynthia

Sent on 05/15/2015

Craftwood Inn's reply:

Oh Cynthia!! What can we say!! Not a whole lot of words to be said for you as the specialness of the friendship that has occurred during the entire planning phase with you and Rick was out of this world. You will never be forgotten and will always be on the A list for the dinners at our house!!

Dave/Brian

Ronda · Married on 04/11/2015

The Craftwood Inn owner Brian gave us a tour in January 2015 when the renovations on his new property had just begun. He took us through each room of this historic beautiful (but long neglected and currently torn apart) buidling. He described in detail what his vision was for each room and it didn't take long to become as excited as he was to see the end result. We booked our wedding with him that day. He guaranteed us that the grounds would all be finished and the rooms inside would be as warm and iniviting as he'd promised.
    We ended up being the third couple married at the new Craftwood Inn and we count ourselves as being very lucky and blessed to have found such a venue! It's very romantic with lovely vintage features throughout. The setting outside is gorgeous and they've even bulit a beautiful waterfall that comes down the mountainside and ends right under the awning where our vows were said. There is a beautiful original fireplace inside and a gorgeous room where they set up the most beautiful buffet.
    Let's talk about the food..Incredible! Every item we chose was amazing! We didn't have anything to go on but his description of how he was going to prepare each dish and thats how we chose our menu. They exceeded every expectation and every single item was wonderful. Our guests kept commenting on how delicious everything was! The staff that evening was terrific as well, I even had comments from my family about how well they were treated and how special they were made to feel.
    Brian was so flexible and awesome to work with, the entire Inn is magnificent and the food was incredible.
    We were so pleased that my husband has already booked his company's Christmas Party there.
    The Craftwood will forever be in our hearts...You will be thrilled if you book a tour!

Sent on 04/29/2015

Craftwood Inn's reply:

I hope the both of you enjoyed Maui and ate at Mama's Fish as much as you could!! I remember touring the both of you and all the time the smiles on your face became a bit larger when I discussed everything that would be done to the Craftwood to bring this amazing building back to life!! I appreciate your kinds words and every wedding to Dave and I are completely different in every aspect and we treat them that way. Excited about the Holiday Party with Trey's company!! It will be here before we know it!! Enjoy your new Married Life!!

Molly · Married on 03/28/2015

We had our ceremony outside in front of the waterfall, and it worked really well. (We were glad we had the option to have an indoor ceremony in case of rain, but it didn't rain that day.) Brian was incredibly helpful with all of the planning, and the food he prepared was amazing. This is a great venue, and the owners may well be the most competent and dedicated wedding planners you'll find. Highly recommended!

Sent on 04/25/2016

Craftwood Inn's reply:

Molly and Michael were the first wedding we had here at the Craftwood after the remodeling was done and they booked sight un seen from out of state!! You will always be remembered as our First Couple and your guests were as nice as the both of you!! We hope your first year together has been wonderful!!!

denise · Married on 07/27/2013

We are so happy that we chose the Craftwood Inn Event Center as our daughter’s wedding reception venue! The owners and staff were so incredible to work with and so polite. You can tell they have been doing this for a long time, because they have thought of everything. It was so great doing the all-inclusive package and still being able to customize it. Brian and everyone at the Craftwood Inn Event Center were so organized, helpful and friendly which made the planning process easy! The wedding reception was wonderful! The food was outstanding! We received many many compliments on the food. Nothing but good things to say! We highly recommend the Craftwood Inn Event Center!

Sent on 07/19/2018

Craftwood Inn's reply:

I already miss talking with you about the Big Day!! Have a Wonderful Summer and Relax!! No More Organizing!!

• Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 09/23/2012

We were soooo happy to have the Craftwood Inn for our wedding venue. I'm not sure you can find a more all inclusive, experienced, and beautiful place in Colorado Springs for its value. When you look at everything you are paying for...it is very reasonably priced for a mid-range budget. Plus, having a wedding coordinator, Bobbie LaLuna, included in the planning is so helpful. Having talked with other married or engaged couples, I know our planning seemed "easier" just by having Bobbie and her wealth of experience. With her and the staff's help, the flow worked well and I can't stress how much that allowed the bride/groom and immediate family to ENJOY the ceremony/reception rather than trying to coordinate. Also, having the ceremony and reception in one place, with amazing food, made our guests super happy. The DJ was great and we received compliments from our guests on the variety. The location, on a warm fall day, made the outdoor patio very popular. Couldn't be happier! Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/08/2012

Kay · Married on 04/22/2012

The Craftwood is perfect for small intimate weddings. Bobbi is a awesome coordinator and was always quick when responding to any questions or concerns I had. The service during our wedding was perfect.

Sent on 06/19/2012

Chandra · Married on 01/14/2012

The Craftwood team exceeded our expectations and made our special day amazing. The food was absolutely delicious... we're still getting complements on our food choices a month later. Bobby and the rest of the team were on top of everything, making sure we stuck to the timeline but didn't feel rushed. The whole atmosphere was gorgeous and very welcoming. I would definitely recommend the Craftwood to everyone!

Sent on 02/11/2012

Sunny · Married on 10/30/2010

I worked with Bobbie Laluna at the Craftwood Inn. She was an excellent coordinator for the venue. She answered questions quickly, gave suggestions when we had the deer in the headlights stare, and was responsive to all our requests. She did a great job of providing a timeline/layout for the day's events. Everything that the venue could do or any service they could provide was taken care of on my wedding day. I just had to worry about me and not the little details that can take away from the beauty of our wedding day.

The venue itself was gorgeous. The grounds are well kept. The interior is very clean. The restaurant has an amazingly roomy capacity. The layout of the ceremony, reception, and dance area was perfect. We opted for a buffet and it was handled rather well. People were able to get there food in a timely manner. The food was outstanding. I have received many complements on the menu and quality of food.

I highly recommend The Craftwood Inn to others looking to get married in the Manitou Springs area.

Sent on 10/31/2010

Meg · Married on 09/19/2009

My wedding reception went beautifully because of the wonderful staff at the Craftwood. The food was superb, and it was a charming and romantic atmosphere. They were flexible and accomadating at every turn. They went above and beyond what I expected.

Sent on 10/27/2009

Ashlee · Married on 01/12/2008

Beautiful Inn and wonderful, helpful staff! Dinner was delicious and our guest's are still talking about it! A perfect reception!

Sent on 05/21/2008

Tammy · Married on 10/20/2007

The Craftwood Inn is a great place to have a wedding. The food is fantastic and the service is exceptional. I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 05/02/2008

The Craftwood was phenomenal! I am so happy we found this secluded, and special place to share such a beautiful memory! The food is also nothing short of amazing!

Sent on 02/03/2016

kati · Married on 07/13/2013

This is an amazing place to have your wedding! Bobbi is fantastic and the staff is exceptional! Venue is intimate and beautiful and full of character. My only issue is that they book two weddings on Saturdays so there isn't a lot of time for a long reception, especially if there is a rain delay like we had. Our reception (dancing etc)was less than 2 hrs

Sent on 01/28/2014

Kelsey · Married on 07/02/2017

Such a fairy tale wedding! We are so happy we went with the Craftwood for our wedding venue. The food was the best food we have ever had, and the ambiance was perfect. We couldn't have asked for a better wedding day!

Sent on 07/26/2017

Our out of state daughter found the Craftwood Inn on line. Brian, the owner and chef, was prompt in responding to her and our inquiries. Brian accommodated us on a tour of the Inn and a walk through typical wedding criteria, and education as to general vendor and expenses of any wedding at any location. Brian was most gracious in sharing his years of experience regarding protocol, vendor recommendations, and the attributes of the Craftwood Inn that would fit into theme of our daughter’s wedding day. We felt welcomed and not oppressed by high pressure sales “take it or leave it” of other venue previews.
    Our guests found the Craftwood Inn an intimate and friendly setting that allow for outdoor ceremony and antique or “rustic” feel for a classy –“chic” with updated and modern accoutrements. Our Guests were impressed and commented “–a how beautiful the grounds, -- how lovely the waterfall, -- how anticipating and friendly the staff,--how impressive and fantastic the food, --how intimate the dining.”
    Not a detail slipped. Brian and Dave, joint owners, were very available, attentive and professional. We could feel their sincerity and pride as they catered our daughter’s wedding. It’s worth repeating: Our guests are still talking about interesting-quality- flavorful-creative food choices, lovely, intimate and immaculate venue, ever present yet unobtrusive staff. We highly recommend The New Craftwood Inn.

Sent on 08/27/2015

Katelyn · Married on 06/10/2016

Absolutely amazing! They went over and beyond my expectations to make my day so special. These gentlemen really know what they are doing. The food was wonderful. The venue was stunning. They only pick the best vendors. I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 10/25/2016

We loved working with Brian and David. They created a perfect day. Food was fresh and delicious. Ceremony and reception flowed nicely. The entire staff was friendly and professional. Venue is beautiful.

Sent on 04/18/2016

Despite our relatively simple ceremony and reception these gentlemen kept our wedding running smoothly! :) We had a wonderful time and it'll be a day we'll look back to fondly. Our guests raved about the inn, delicious buffet lunch and said the building and set-up was perfect! We were able to choose either an outdoor or indoor ceremony location and decide on the day of the wedding depending on the weather. The patio is facing southeast so that even on our December wedding date we were able to have our ceremony outdoors in the sunshine. Brian (chef and coordinator) is amazing and so great at staying on top of things! We can't thank Brian and Dave enough for working with us in creating the wedding we envisioned.

Sent on 12/23/2015

Barbara · Married on 10/12/2015

3.5

Brian kept me on track for everything. I didn't have to worry about a single thing related to my day at the craftwood! The food was absolutely fantastic! Cake was beautiful! Bridal cottage was amazing for getting ready. Brian provided us with recommendations for officiants and photographers, both of whom we were very happy with! We had a small wedding, and it was such a special day!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Craftwood Inn's reply:

Hi Barbara: Thanks for the Kudos and we hope you both ha da relaxing and wonderful time in Hawaii!! How could you not..Have a great Holiday Season!!