Craftwood Inn Reviews

84 | Manitou Springs, CO

84 Reviews for Craftwood Inn

Sherry · Married on 07/05/2017

Our wedding was beautiful. We loved the Craftwood Inn. Brian and David love what they do and it refects in all of the recent updates, beautiful flowers and the food that Brian prepares.
    Our wedding was perfect.
    Brian & Sherry Beasley
    July 5,2017

Sent on 08/18/2017

Sherry · Married on 06/17/2017

We had 12 weeks to put this reception together. Our good fortune, that on day 2 of our planning, we found The Inn, attended the biannual tasting/vendor night, and contracted with them. Brian and Dave are easy going, good humored, accommodating, a joy to work with. Check with them first for your special event.

Sent on 07/07/2017

Craftwood Inn's reply:

It was wonderful helping and working with you and Erica to create this memorable day!! I really miss talking with you! Make it a Great rest of the Summer!!

Moriah · Married on 06/11/2017

Choosing the Craftwood Innfor our daughter's reception was the best decision we made. The Craftwood offers excellent food and professional service as well as little extras (Bridal Cottage, sandstone waterfall, beautiful landscaping, Sparkler send-off, etc...) that made A's wedding day the best day ever. Couldn't have been more perfect. Thank you!

Sent on 06/03/2017

Craftwood Inn's reply:

Good morning!! I will so miss getting your wonderful e mails and updates and pictures of Greece!! I thought the day was fun and all the guests were so gracious and complimentary!! Please stay in touch!!

Patti · Married on 05/06/2017

If you are looking for a beautiful, intimate, and romantic venue, that will provide your fairy tale wedding at a very reasonable cost, look no further. Brian and David of the Craftwood Inn are classy and professional, and will anticipate your needs throughout the planning, and exceed your expectations the day of your event. Their staff and vendors are superb, and the food and atmosphere are exceptional. Our guests continue to rave about the whole experience, and we are still on cloud nine!

Sent on 06/04/2017

Charlie · Married on 04/22/2017

So, my daughter had her wedding at the Craftwood Inn last weekend. The days and weeks leading up to the wedding, Brian was GREAT, making sure that everything was handled. He met with the happy couple and my wife and I numerous times to make sure that their day was truly special. Brian has lined up some great vendors, from DJs to cake decorators to photographers, making it so easy. We were all able to relax and Brian took care of everything.

On the day of the wedding, Brian and his staff were all over the place making sure all the guests and the couple were taken care of.

Moving to the venue itself, let me just say that it is one of the most gorgeous venues you can imagine. Due to the weather, we had the ceremony inside, and it was picturesque throughout. You can also do it outside, where the bride walks down by a waterfall. And the cottage where the bridal party prepares; let me just say that it's something out of a movie. So many opportunities for great pictures on-site.

Now, let's talk food. Brian is an amazing chef, even the grilled vegetables tasted amazing. We had entrees of Shepherd's Pie and Open Faced Cordon Bleu, and everything they made was outstanding. Great appetizers, entrees veggies, breads. We also had close to 10 guests who were gluten-intolerant and Brian was able to create a menu fit for all. All of the guests talked about the food all evening and beyond.

In a nutshell, you can try and save a nickel or dime here or there, but you would have to talk with multiple cake decorators, photographers, DJs, and your time during this special occasion is valuable. But, if you book the Craftwood Inn, everything is easy; and it will be a day to remember.

Sent on 04/29/2017

Craftwood Inn's reply:

Thanks so much Charlie for all the kind words and applause!! I Love Applause!! It was wonderful working with all of you throughout the process to make the Kids day oh so special! The more I continue to do this they all look like Kids!! We hope they had a special weekend in the Mountains to de compress!!

Nicole · Married on 03/14/2017

The Craftwood Inn provided exactly what we were looking for on our wedding day. The views, the intimate setting, our ability to interact with our guests during the lunch reception, the food (THE FOOD!!!!), the staff, parking, EVERYTHING was perfect. Working with Brian was a breeze - from booking the event, to meeting with his vendors, to his attention to detail on the big day itself - I couldn't have asked for a more responsive coordinator. My guests thoroughly enjoyed the lunch buffet, and our vegetarian guest appreciated the special entree that was made just for her to enjoy. If you are looking for a unique, warm and cozy space for you to make your wedding your own, give Brian, Dave, and The Craftwood Inn a call!!

Sent on 04/27/2017

Christina · Married on 09/03/2016

Brian and staff were professional and friendly. The venue is beautiful and affordable, not to mention the food is phenomenal!! Would recommend the Craftwood Inn to anyone looking for those qualifications!!

Sent on 12/21/2016

Joni · Married on 07/02/2016

The Craftwood Inn is beautiful, with vintage architecture, stunning views of Pikes Peak and Garden of the Gods and a warm, homey feel inside and out. But that's not what makes it the perfect wedding venue. Brian and David are. I don't know how they do it, but they somehow manage to take care of everything, from the ceremony to the catering to the bar service. We take our food seriously and the extravagant buffet was amazing. We appreciate a well-mixed cocktail and the Craftwood Inn delivered on that, too. We knew almost nothing about wedding run-of-events, but they made sure all the details were attended to and went off seamlessly. Almost all of our guests came from the East Coast and they could not stop raving about this gem of a place. Thanks to Brian's careful preparation, there were no surprises and no hidden costs. If we had it to do all over again, we wouldn't change a thing.

Sent on 08/22/2016

Amy · Married on 05/27/2016

We had a destination wedding in Colorado and the New Craftwood Inn was everything we were looking for. It offered a wonderful package deal that made the wedding planning process less stressful! Brian was always there for us if we had a question or concern. The venue is so beautiful and the food is wonderful! All of our guest could not stop talking about how perfect our wedding was!

Sent on 06/06/2016

Anna · Married on 05/21/2016

Brian and Dave at the Craftwood Inn by far exceeded all of my expectations. They made my special day feel like a fairytale. Honestly, this was the least stressful experience I have ever had, yet the best day of my life.
    The venue is gorgeous, the staff are out of this world, and the price is very reasonable. I would highly highly highly recommend this to anyone planning a wedding. I wish there was more than five stars available to rape this place.

Sent on 05/23/2016

Craftwood Inn's reply:

What can we Say?? You were so special to work with and I looked forward to your Big Day ever since the first day we met last year!! Your Family and friends were so gracious and appreciative and I thought the entire evening was magical for the both of you!! Watching you throughout the evening put a warm feeling in my heart!! Congrats Again!!

Jennifer · Married on 04/09/2016

Our experience with the New Craftwood Inn was phenomenal. From our first meeting, Brian and team were fantastic. They were extremely responsive to our questions throughout the process (which was important since we live out of state) and went above and beyond to make our day perfect and special. The food was wonderful, the price was reasonable and the service was first class. We had guests that were gluten sensitive and Brian made sure they had a special meal and cake was cut with a separate knife which is just one example of the little details that were taken care of. Brian also took care of our table decorations, had great suggestions to make our day more special (including vendors to consider which were all great) and took care of the party and our guests so we could enjoy our day. Everyone raved about the food, decor and ambiance. You can tell he has years of wedding experience and I would highly recommend this venue and team if you are looking for a classy, fun and elegant celebration to remember. We just need to find another reason to celebrate with him again. Five stars all around!!!!

Sent on 04/21/2016

Craftwood Inn's reply:

Hi Jennifer! You were amazing to work with especially long distance!! You were spot on with your vision and we thought your entire evening was flawless!! Looking forward to your next excuse to celebrate an event with us!! Have a Great Weekend!!

Michelle · Married on 04/03/2016

My wedding was amazing. We had it on a Sunday in April outside. Brian and Dave were extremely easy to work with and their wedding package included everything but the photographer, I didn't have to worry about a thing. I planned the wedding start to finish in two months and I never felt rushed or worried. They do their own catering and the food was amazing. They had linens and runners to choose from the tables looked very classy. I also enjoyed the brides cottage to get ready in, I made myself at home before the wedding and had plenty of time to get prepared and relax. I'd defenitly recommend having your wedding at the craftwood inn.

Sent on 04/18/2016

Craftwood Inn's reply:

Hi Michelle: You and your Mom were a charm to work with!! It was a beautiful day and everything fell into place to make it a stunning experience for your family and friends!! Looking forward to having another party here with Mark and yourself!! Good Luck with the New Little one on the Way!!!

Susanne · Married on 03/12/2016

Brian and Dave are amazing. When i saw the craftwood in tje first time i knew that this was our venue. It is clean, historic, beautiful, mewly redone and flat out awesome.. Brian and Dave are both professional, helpful, friendly and have am amazing view of things. I knew i did not have to worry about anything. The set up for everything is done the way the couple wants it and the day before. It meat our expectations.
    The staff that worked our wedding super friendly and just simply awesome.
    The new Craftwood in is definitely where i will be celebrating my 10year anniversary
    So Brian and Dave you can"t go anywhere else but stay here in Colorado.. ??
    Thank you all again for an amazing wedding.. Amazing service and a veey professional amd awesome time..
    Keep it up amd keep the weddings fun..
    Susi&Miles

Sent on 03/18/2016

Craftwood Inn's reply:

Susanne you were such a charm to work with and I think the vision you had for your Big Day was just perfect!!

K · Married on 02/27/2016

Amazing experience! The craftwood does an amazing job. This was incredibly stress free and my wedding day was perfect! The food is outstanding, you feel so very special on your day. I didn't have a single thing to worry about at all!

Sent on 04/18/2016

Adrianne · Married on 01/16/2016

Everyone loved the food, the service was amazing. The staff were very friendly and more than willing to assist with anything. Brian and Dave are amazing and helped with everything to make sure that the special day happened without a hitch!

Sent on 01/25/2016

Craftwood Inn's reply:

Adrianne you were a pleasure to be with and help create this wonderful day in your life!! We were happy that everyone was excited to be at the New Craftwood!! Thanks for having our vision when you first toured last year during the renovation. Hope you had a great time in Miami Beach!!

Brooke · Married on 01/08/2016

The New Craftwood Inn is absolutely stunning! My husband and I were so impressed by all that Brian and Dave did to make our wedding experience perfect! First, Brian's knowledge of weddings facilitated the planning processes and allowed us to fulfill our vision without any stress or increased cost. There was no need to hire a wedding planner because he made everything happen and was very easy to work with. Next, the venue is gorgeous! It is surrounded by beautiful views, has cozy fireplaces for an intimate feel, and historical details that create an altogether perfect place to celebrate! Then there is the food... and it is so yummy! Brian does a great job making it all look great and taste even better. The staff was so caring and helpful. I cannot forget to thank Dave for keeping the venue looking wonderful. There was a downpour of snow on our wedding day and Dave spent hours making sure the grounds were safe for guests. I cannot say enough about how wonderful this venue was! We loved it and our guests cannot stop talking about it. Thank you Brian and Dave! :)

Sent on 01/24/2016

Craftwood Inn's reply:

What can I say about the both of you except for : Incredibly Charming Couple!! You were both so genuine and real it was always a pleasure when I saw an e mail or phone message from you. Your Mom and Grandma were also so incredible to be around..I must say now my e mail is pretty lonely without your messages!! Have an amazing life together and look forward to possibly having you and your Mom do some part time work here!!

Kelli · Married on 09/27/2015

Brian and Dave were exceptional! They were with me and my husband every step of the way helping with planning and making sure everything was set for the big day! They made it easy and simple, recommended excellent vendors, and served some of the best food I've ever tasted! It is clear that they have a passion for hosting and personal interest in making people's weddings memorable and special. They went to the extra effort in every aspect of the wedding experience, especially the small details that are endlessly valuable to the bride and groom. I would recommend this venue and Brian/Dave to every couple! Thank you for the perfect wedding!!

Sent on 10/06/2015

Craftwood Inn's reply:

Hello Kelli!! So nice to hear your kind words!! You and your Mom were amazing to work and plan with. You were so gracious with every request and your vision turned out beautiful for your Big Day! Your Mom is a total sweetheart and I miss her not stopping by anymore and scaling the Big rock formations on the property..If you are ever in the area do not hesitate to stop by and say Hi!!

Sarah · Married on 09/19/2015

The Craftwood Inn, I can honestly say, is the best possible venue in the area that we could've gotten married at. When my husband and I first toured the venue and spoke to Brian, we immediately knew it was our venue. It had not yet been renovated when we booked our wedding, but Brian did such a great job conveying his vision, style, and professionalism that it didn't bother us. Brian also was great at sending us updates, and letting us tour a few times throughout the process. All communication was extremely fast, and as a busy but organized bride, Brian was really wonderful to work with. My mind was always at ease during planning, and my questions were always answered fully - I felt so comfortable with the process at all times. On the day of our wedding, we got some very unfortunate news that our officiant would be arriving an hour late. We were scheduled to get married at 6pm, with a cocktail hour following the ceremony. With some quick thinking and accommodation, Brian and his team were able to open the bar and pass hors d'oeuvres a full hour early. I'm not sure many of our guests even knew there had been a schedule change! With our ceremony at 7pm, we were Craftwood's first wedding at dusk, and it was just perfect. Our guests loved the food and atmosphere, and everyone commented on how beautiful the venue was. Following the wedding, Brian presented my husband and I with a sign with our names and wedding dates - how special!! I truly could not imagine being married anywhere else!

Sent on 10/19/2015

Christina · Married on 09/12/2015

We had a great experience having our ceremony and reception at the Craftwood Inn. The facility was beautiful, and Brian and the staff were helpful, professional, and a pleasure to work with. They were able to accomodate our (very much off-menu) request to serve Indian food at our reception, and all of the food was delicious -- we got lots of comments about how great everything tasted. Brian helped make sure everything went off without a hitch on the day of the wedding, from the decor to the timing of the ceremony entrances and of course all of the food, and making sure the guests found their way around. Couldn't have asked for more!

Sent on 09/21/2015

Craftwood Inn's reply:

I remember when you flew in from New York to do your tasting about 1 month before we opened the doors!! When you first asked me about Indian food my response was "you give me the recipes and I will produce"!! The recipes at first seemed pretty detailed but after making the dishes it was easier then first thought and guess what?? I am now an Indian Food Fan!! It is so delicious and flavorful and pretty healthy for you. So thank you both for turning my taste buds in a different direction and Congrats once again on your Beautiful Day!! Also your Mom was a charm to be around and plan with!!

Melanie · Married on 09/04/2015

Brian at The New Craftwood Inn was amazing. We met with him when he first took over the venue and we were intrigued by the passion behind his vision. His vision soon turned into a reality and our happily ever after. He was very responsive and accommodating throughout our planning. The ceremony was beautiful outside in front of the water fall. The food was absolutely amazing: buffalo meatballs, vegetarian enchiladas, chicken marsala, vegetables, assorted breads, and more. When we went around to the tables to thank everyone for attending, they all raved about how delicious the food was. The location was great for memorable pictures and the intimate and vintage vibe we were looking for. Thank you for allowing us such a beautiful ceremony and reception! We appreciate everything you offered us!

Sent on 09/19/2015

Craftwood Inn's reply:

Hello: I remember the first time I met with you and your Mom in the middle of all the saw dust and renovation and it was great you could see through all of this to realize what the Craftwood could and would turn into..You were a pleasure to get to know during the planning phase of your wonderful celebration! I know you are in the area a lot so please stick your head in and we will go get that Margarita!!

I am a wedding planner with 20 years experience and I can't say enough great things about my client's and my experience with Brian and Dave at the Craftwood Inn for a rehearsal dinner. The renovations they have done to the Craftwood Inn are beautiful and first class. Chef Brian prepared a fabulous meal that all of the guests thoroughly enjoyed. Brian was very helpful during the planning process to help select the menu, linens, bar, and flowers. He had very creative and cost effective suggestions. Brian and Dave have years of experience in the event industry and it definitely shows. Their staff was very friendly and efficient. All in all, my clients and I had a seamless planning process and actual event that exceeded my client's expectations. I highly recommend the Craftwood Inn.

Sent on 09/10/2015

Nicolette · Married on 08/08/2015

Craftwood inn is open and under new management and they are wonderful! I just had my wedding and everything was perfect. Even the food is continuouslying being raved about, the views are breathtaking and everyone was on top of everything I asked for. I loved it here!

Sent on 08/13/2015

Brian and Dave have updated this historic facility with taste and consideration for its roots. They helped us plan our daughter's wedding and answered any inquiries promptly. They were very flexible in customizing our wedding plan. The food was delicious and impeccably prepared. Even those with dietary constraints had many tasty choices. Basic linens, tableware, cake cutting, chairs and tables, bride's cottage, groom's den and many other items were included in the site fee, reducing added expenses and planning. They were ever present in the shadows, helping when needed. They knew where the toss bouquet was, when no one else did. Those attending the wedding marveled at the event location. A great time was had by all.

Sent on 08/17/2015

Kathryn · Married on 08/07/2015

The New Craftwood in Manitou Springs, Colorado is a great place to host your event. Brian and Dave lead an exceptional team of professionals dedicated to creating and executing your event to perfection. I hosted a large rehearsal dinner event at The New Craftwood and was completely pleased with the experience, start to finish. My guests all commented on what a wonderful evening it was, how delicious the food was as well as how the excellent was the service. Brian and Dave have remodeled the venue beautifully. If you want a truly memorable event in the best sense be sure to check out The New Craftwood.

Sent on 08/10/2015

Craftwood Inn's reply:

Kathryn was great to work with as we figured pretty much everything long distance. It was so enjoyable working with a vision which Kathryn brought with her and we brought it to life here at the Craftwood!!
  • User5340850 · event on: 08/01/2015

Our event at Craftwood was fabulous. Brian Scully and staff go over and above to accommodate every need. Very professional, and the food quality/taste was exceptional. Everybody was asking me if I could get ther recipe for some of the appetizers. If you have a chance, order the interactive "Hurricane" dessert. It was one of the many memorable moments of the night, and something I've never seen before. Thanks Brian and staff!

Sent on 08/12/2015