69 Reviews for DJ Indiana

Microphones (4)
Sound/PA System (4)
Uplighting (4)
One Event Per Day (1)

DJ Jimmy was perfect for our wedding. The selection of music was fantastic and could transistion the beat of the songs like I've never heard before. The online wedding planner helped make us comfortable (in advance) that he would do a great job.

If you have an upcoming wedding, we highly recommend check out their demo online wedding planner on the djindiana.com home page. It covered everything!!!

The uplighting package was perfect. We had DJ Jimmy put them on Fuscia for dinner, then all kinds of different colors for dancing. I think they actually could sense the beat of the music and display the lighting changes accordingly.

Profile Picture Tony, 7/6/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning

We had DJ Brian for our ceremony/reception. Definitely would recommend to anyone! Brian is super professional and communicates so well before and after the event. We had some unusual songs for our ceremony/first dance and he was able to accommodate those with ease. During the reception, he kept the dance floor crowded and was able to read what the audience was feeling, which led to many people attending talking about how great our reception was. This was in large part to how great DJ Brian’s ability to keep the party going.

Profile Picture Tyler, 12/2/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We had DJ Brian do our wedding. He had a wedding website that really helped with the planning and made the wedding reception planning go smoother. He was very quick to respond to emails. When it came to the day of the reception he made sure he to let us know what all was going to happen and what cues to look for so we weren't looking confused. He kept the music flowing and made sure people were constantly on the dance floor. We still have people coming up to us and talking about how great our reception was. Would definitely recommend DJ Brian for any wedding.

Profile Picture Meagan, 11/18/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ uses website that was very helpful and easy to use with lots of suggestions on music. Made everything very easy. Very quick to respond to all questions. Very easy to work with. Did a great with our wedding and had everyone dancing. Would definitely recommend!

Profile Picture Jacki, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Brian was fantastic to work with, he always got back with me right away with any questions I had. His website made the music planning so easy and fun to do. Thank you Brian

Profile Picture LINDSEY, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Brian did such a great job DJing my wedding in July 2017! I believe that I was told that there was a technical issue during my reception with the playlist but no one would have ever noticed, as the music flowed and all songs that we requested were played! Brian did a great job keeping up with the flow of the night and ensuring that everyone had a wonderful time! I would recommend Brian to anyone looking for DJ services in the future!

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My husband and I were extremely nervous about having the "right" DJ. Someone who could be a hype man, but laid back back enough for the older folks as well. We met with a few, but Brian was the last. He took all of our nerves and crushed them. I remember walking out of our meeting with him and just a feeling of relief came over us. He is THE MAN! Lived up to everything he promised. I do not have a single complaint with the ceremony or reception. thanks again Brian!

Profile Picture Amber, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Great transitions, budget-friendly, easy to work with, very accomodating and professional, and basically ran the reception for us. We wanted to include Polish music in our wedding reception for my family - he not only played it, but he loved it and had everyone on the dance floor! We loved working with him, and would happily recommend him to anyone!

Profile Picture Kayla, 7/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I was married last week at the Black Iris Estate in Indianapolis and hired DJ Indiana (Brian Kearnaghan) for the big night! I honestly cannot say enough positive things about Brian and his company. The entire planning process was made super simple by the use of their online client portal and planning forms. Not only were his rates more than reasonable but they were also well below any other DJ I contacted. Multiple guests told me he was the best DJ at any wedding they have attended. Brian read the crowd and the dance floor was packed the entire night, which was exactly what we wanted. He executed the entire night flawlessly and was more than accommodating to me when I made last minute changes. If you are looking for a professional and extremely talented DJ company for your wedding or any event DJ Indiana is who you need to hire! They helped make my day unforgettable and I cannot thank Brian enough for truly going above and beyond!!

Profile Picture Olivia, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Brian Kearnaghan, the owner of DJ Indiana, just did our daughter's wedding a week ago and did a phenomenal job! He was extremely responsive from the first contact we made a year ago, to the conclusion of the reception. He was helpful in little details, was extremely professional and blended the right amount of "take charge" with "behind the scenes." In other words, he ran the show without being showy himself. The kids loved his music selections and the dancing NEVER stopped! And he was very reasonable price wise, which was much appreciated. We would not hesitate to recommend him or to use him in the future. Kudos to Brian!

Profile Picture Cindy, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Indiana, Brian was great! He is quick to respond and offers amazing planning tools on his website! Excellent mic set up for the ceremony. Great professional sound and event lighting. I look forward to working with him again!

Profile Picture Emerald Lotus Events, 6/18/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Brian was great he knew what he was doing

Profile Picture Trisha, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Brian and his website with DJIndiana were very helpful with planning the wedding and reception. He was very flexible and willing to work with our wants. My only minor grievance was he didn't do a ton to get my albeit difficult guests to dance, but overall I'm glad we had him at our wedding.

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/14/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Brian did an excellent job as my wedding DJ and was so affordable! He is easy to communicate with, very professional, and thoroughly prepared. When I chose to use him, he made me a profile for his wedding DJ website, which is insanely helpful beyond picking out songs. I used it to build the timeline for my entire ceremony and reception, indicate who needed a mic and when, and wrote down every announcement that would need to be made that night. I didn't have to think of a thing myself. Everything I needed to do was already on the website, and I just had to fill in the blanks and organize it. When wedding stress happens (especially wedding stress compounded by car accident stress - which thankfully I was at 0% fault for), having this website was such a lifesaver. I can't imagine trying to make the evening run smooth without it.
Even though I wanted to stick to that timeline, it proved impossible for uncontrollable reasons that just seem unavoidable no matter how prepared you think you are. When this happened, Brian sought me out to see how to proceed. This is exactly what I wanted, but if you would want him to contact someone else instead, he would definitely be able to do that. I preferred him to talk to me though, since I didn't prepare anyone else to handle stuff like that. I really appreciated him and would recommend him to anyone. Even my grandma, who's kids have literally never seen her dance, was dancing! I will never forget it, and I have Brian to thank. We decided to pay him extra to keep him playing music longer for her.

Profile Picture Hallie, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Brian was the DJ for our wedding ceremony and reception and did a outstanding job! Brian is very professional and easy to get in contact with and easy to talk to. He guided me and my husband through the whole process and the comuputee software he uses to help you plan your ceremony and reception music and timeline is hands down the best! It made picking out our music selections so easy and all of our guest loved the music he played! Our guest keep talking about how perfect the music was!! If you are looking for a wedding DJ, Brian is the best!

Profile Picture Ashley, 4/22/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Brian was very good and the reception went really well. He is very organized and had everything thoroughly planned out. I like his website where you can see some of his jobs and the forms we filled out really helped organize the whole reception. He played all of our requests and the music he choose was great. He had everybody dancing and having a good time. All the young kids enjoyed it as well The sound and the light show was great. He came and talked to me to make sure I was fine with the timing of events he was announcing and running. He also was very accommodating when the wedding reception lasted an hour longer than we anticipated. A lot of the wedding parties names are rare and he took the time to make sure he pronounced everyone's names perfectly.

Profile Picture Jeff, 3/25/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Brian did a fantastic job at our wedding reception. He was easy to work with, nice, and worked with us on the cost to help fit our budget. He did a great job keeping everything rolling, and the music/lighting was on-point. I highly recommend Brian and DJ Indiana.

Profile Picture Cameron, 3/18/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Good music, takes requests. Ideal DJ.

Profile Picture User7429191, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
4.2

Good DJ and MC that was worked with our vendors and did a great job of keeping the schedule but also being flexible and responding to the crowd.

Profile Picture Drew, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Matty B did a great job.... he kept it rolling all night..... I even kept him a lil later... had a very nice set up... from the lights to all of his equipment it was very nice... but we thought he was very professional and we were glad you changed us from the beginning person to him... we had a great experience... I told everyone who I had went through and I absolutely loves your app and online timelines and being able to add all the songs as well as have a format for the entire wedding... I give the entire experience an A++ and would use you guys for another occasion if needed... (Heck I think Matt even enjoyed himself and the crowd.....)

Profile Picture Jake, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Brian did a wonderful job DJ'ing our wedding. Our guests had a great time. He played an excellent mix of music which spoke to our wide variety of guests. I would definitely recommend booking DJ Brian as a wedding DJ.

Profile Picture Amanda, 8/6/16, 1 Review
4.7

At first we were a little taken aback because Brian is a little older of a DJ, and we are a college aged couple. However when we met with him, he really took us through the entire process, even letting us know why it was important to have a DJ instead of using an ipod or a friend. He had recently implemented an online planning service, which was incredibly helpful. We could create our own timeline and change songs if we wanted to. He understood that I didn't want to spend a fortune on a DJ either and had reasonable priced services.

The music choices he picked were great! They went perfectly with our crowd, ranging from our elderly grandparents to my 5 year old sister. Everyone was dancing right away, and we had a great time. The only reason I gave him a 4/5 on flexibility was just because he didn't have a second setup. We had dinner and dancing in two separate rooms, and we really had to try and figure out how to make that work with one setup. We ended up just putting a speaker in the dinner room, and it ended up working out just fine! We highly recommend Brian to anyone who is looking for a great DJ without spending a thousand dollars on one.

Profile Picture Paxton, 4/23/16, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

We hired Brian to provide the music and sound for both the ceremony and reception at my daughter's outdoor wedding. We also hired him to work the rehearsal so that my daughter was assured that everyone would know their cues.

Brian did an outstanding job on all parts. He set up his equipment in an unobtrusive location, and worked the microphone details out with the pastor to everyone's comfort and satisfaction. He patiently ran through the ceremony numerous times, and easily accommodated my daughter's request for a change of her requested recessional song. He adjusted the sound level to ensure everyone could hear without crossing the line of being too loud.

For the reception, he made the needed announcements and played my daughter's list of songs at just the right sound level. I especially appreciated that he checked with me on how to respond to song requests from our guests and other things that needed clarifying throughout the afternoon. He clearly is extremely professional and experienced at his job and, in my opinion, does it to perfection. We will definitely call him again when our other children get married.

Profile Picture Cindy, 7/11/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Simply put, Brian was amazing. Our dj cancelled about a month out from our wedding and Brian saved the day! I found him through Thumbtack [Great website by the way!] and explained my situation, and thank goodness he was available for our wedding! He did our ceremony, dinner & reception music and was great! I had most of our music picked out and he used what I wanted, and also took requests. He was great and I would not hesitate to use him again!

Profile Picture april, 10/31/14, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

I cannot say enough GOOD about this DJ, Brian! He did an awesome job! He always responded in a timely manner. He made suggestions when we asked and he was right on with each one :). He read the crowd and kept the dance floor full all night! We had him use his light show and up lighting which really enhanced the reception. He was very professional and did a wonderful job as MC. He did a great job announcing the wedding party. I would definitely hire him again!

Profile Picture Julie, 10/11/14, 1 Review