The Modern Officiant Reviews

The Modern Officiant 5
The Modern Officiant 6
The Modern Officiant 7

Shantell · Married on 04/22/2016

The Modern Officiant was the ultimate professional! I decided to change my mind on a courthouse wedding 2 or 3 days before the BIG DAY. I found the Modern Officiant's site and decided to call. Although it was last minute Jemelle was able to happily accommodate us. She made me feel that our day was top priority on such a short . We talked on the phone a few times to hammer out details as well as to get a feel for one another. She sent me an email right away with questions to better understand our "love story". There was constant communication and her response time was phenomenal, minutes. She arrived about 45 minutes before we did and greeted us both warmly and sincerely, I could tell this was a passion of hers and not just a hobby. I was a ball of nerves but was put to ease when the ceremony started. Even though this was just an elopement with myself and my now wife (woohoo!) Jemelle made it feel grand. She wrote the most beautiful script which included our children and recited a beautiful poem that summed up our love. All in all, my day was not only perfect because I married the love of my life, it was perfect because I chose the right person to officiate such a great moment in my life. Thank you for everything Jemelle! You are truly amazing!

Sent on 04/29/2016

Spencer · Married on 09/24/2017

Jemelle is seriously amazing! She made the entire ceremony process so simple and stress-free, and the fact that each ceremony is personalized to the couple really takes the cake! She took our feedback and created a truly memorable ceremony speech and had everyone in the audience tearing up. She was on-time and extremely professional, while also being warm and welcoming. As a bride, planning this part was one of the easiest things on my to-do list!

Sent on 09/26/2017

Robecia · Married on 04/21/2017

No word can describe her other than amazing!!!! She accepted our request at a very very short notice and accompanied us to the fullest! She helped point us in right direction with a few details to make our day as success. Truly went above and beyond her call of duty to make our day fantastic!!! Thank you... The Jackson's

Sent on 04/25/2017

J · Married on 07/15/2017

All of my guest loved her! Kept it short but meaningful!

Sent on 07/19/2017

Latasha · Married on 05/21/2017

My wife and I married on May 21,2017 with the blessing of Jemelle Wooten. While searching for an Officiant we were skeptical, we wanted to ensure that person was comfortable with performing a "same gender" type of wedding. Everything my wife and I thought could go wrong went GREAT! Jemelle ensured us from the initial phone consultation, rehearsal and constant reminders from the start to beyond the end of our contract that it was okay to reach out to her with any questions made us feel comfortable. If you are looking for someone with great quality of service, professionalism and reliable, the train stops here and you will not regret it! I know we didn't!

Thank you Jemelle!
    The Baker's.....

Sent on 05/29/2017

Remi · Married on 10/29/2016

Thank you so much Jemelle! I absolutely love our initial meeting with her and her partner. She was so patient and asked all of the right questions to make our wedding day beautiful. She was very prompt on answering any questions that I may have had. She allowed us to be as creative as we wanted and that's what we really appreciated about her. She was so kind on our wedding day. Due to crazy traffic and an accident, our weddings started a little late. Although, that day was really stressful she preformed the ceremony with a smile. Thanks again!

Sent on 11/16/2016

Courtney · Married on 12/22/2016

3.5

The Modern Officiant was wonderful. She travelled to my location, brought a bottle of wine, and treated us like we were family. I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 12/29/2016

Jemelle got into officiating to marry all, but geared specifically towards members of the LGBTect. community. I emailed Jemelle, literally the morning of my wife and I, BIG DAY, for her services, and she responded almost immediately. What a relief! She even suggested a cute park for my wife and I to say our "I do's". Packages are affordable and time spent, is from short to whichever service length is chosen. Would definitely recommend Jemelle to officiant not only for those of color, but all whom seek, professional, positive, friendly, memorable experience. Jemelle even came back to take pictures of US. Thanks a bunch, Jemelle!!!

Sent on 08/26/2016

Bethany · Married on 12/17/2016

We called Jemelle only a month prior to our ceremony and she was great!!! the ceremony was beautiful, we loved every second!

Sent on 12/24/2016

Meagan · Married on 05/20/2017

3.4
      3.5
      2.5
      2.5

Jemelle performed a beautiful ceremony for my husband and I on May 20th, 2017. She was incredibly easy to work with up until the wedding day. She was pleasant to deal with, and her laid back demeanor set us at ease. She was willing to perform our ceremony exactly as we wanted it, without use of religion (which was very important to us), and allowed us to change our ceremony draft several times until we got it just right.

The only concern I have for other couples considering using Jemelle is time flexibility. As I said, Jemelle was a pleasure to work with up until the wedding day. Our ceremony start time, per our invitation, was 2:00pm, but we told Jemelle before hiring her that we would plan to start the ceremony at 2:15pm, as our wedding venue was a 2-5 hour drive for all of our guests, and we knew it would be possible that some guests would arrive a few minutes late. Before we hired her, she did not have another ceremony planned for our day, and she assured us it would be a good idea to start the ceremony 15 minutes later than what the invitation indicated. Fast forward to the wedding day: our hair & make-up artist got stuck in traffic and arrived 30 minutes late, which put us in a crunch for time. Around 2:00pm on our wedding day, as our hair/make-up lady is finishing on my mother, I sent word to Jemelle through a family member that we are running late, and that the wedding would start between 2:30 and 2:45, as soon as my mother's hair & make-up was finished. I receive word back at approximately 2:15pm that Jemelle is threatening to leave if the ceremony does not start by 2:30, as she had another wedding to get to. Had I known this ahead of time, I would have asked my hair/make-up artist to arrive EXTRA early, to avoid this extreme stress minutes before our wedding. The contract we signed stated Jemelle could leave if the ceremony was running very behind schedule, but I didn't anticipate a 15-30 minute delay would make such a big difference.

Sent on 05/30/2017