The Mills House Wyndham Grand Hotel Reviews

26 | Charleston, SC

26 Reviews for The Mills House Wyndham Grand Hotel

Tory · Married on 01/25/2019

Gorgeous Venue

We held our reception at the Mills House and we are so happy that we did! Stunning venue, amazing food, friendly staff. I worked with Alicia for a year planning the reception and she was fantastic. She answered every email and phone call and never made me feel like I asked silly questions. I wouldn't change one thing about the reception. It was flawless.

Sent on 01/28/2019

Mark · Married on 03/25/2017

The Mills House is very accommodating and makes things easy

Sent on 03/26/2017
  • Allyson

Allyson · Married on 11/26/2016

My wedding and reception were both at The Mills House and it was beautiful! Jenny Kress handled my wedding event and she did an incredible job going above and beyond! My ceremony was outside in the courtyard and my reception was on the 2nd floor in the Planter's Suite. The Mills House staff was friendly, polite and helpful during planning, and throughout my entire event. Not only was everyone great but their catering was in house and all the food was amazing! I highly recommend having your wedding at The Mills House!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Kristin · Married on 06/25/2016

We used the Barbadoes Room (bar area and courtyard) for our wedding. Melissa was wonderful to work with before/ during. The guest were in awe of its beauty. Small details were given attention. HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Sent on 01/01/2017

The Mills House is even a great event location for a small wedding. They came through and reached out to me with their eagerness to accommodate a small wedding. The event coordinator is great to work with. The room looked amazing. Melissa was on top of things and pulled everything together in the end. The staff on the day of the wedding was awesome!! Food was great and they are willing to go above and beyond to make you truly feel special. I cannot say enough. If you want a beautiful wedding, but have only a few guests or even a destination wedding - I recommend this location!!!

Sent on 03/02/2015

We enjoyed working with this venue for our wedding. They were very professional

Sent on 10/25/2015

Karen · Married on 09/06/2015

Melissa Joseph and the event staff at the Mills House were wonderful! Melissa was extremely helpful in both the planning process and most importantly, the day of my daughter's wedding. Melissa was so attentive that had I not met the other bridal party at the hotel that weekend, I would have thought my daughter's wedding was Melissa's only responsibility. I am so happy that we chose to hold our event at the Mills House . . . .I would not change a thing!

Sent on 09/21/2015

Megan · Married on 06/26/2015

Working with Melissa Joseph from The Mills House was amazing. She was very flexible and our communication during the planning process was wonderful. Melissa took the stress out of planning our wedding.

Our guests also raved about how delicious the food was at our reception.

Sent on 07/13/2015

Liz · Married on 04/25/2015

Melissa and her staff did a wonderful job for our wedding reception and dinner. The courtyard looked beautiful for the ceremony. Reggie and his crew did an amazing job on the dinner service. All of our guests had a wonderful time and many of them said it was the best wedding reception food and dinner ever. We have to agree!

Sent on 05/02/2015

Charleston is a second home to me and I have always dreamed of getting married there. The Mill's house was a dream come true! They were very professional, incredibly organized and a pleasure to work with. Melissa and Sara were fabulous to work with. The entire planning process was such a fun experience as they were very helpful and not pushy in any way. Our wedding day was perfect and they were very on top of everything! The whole reception ran flawlessly. My husband and I returned for our one year anniversary and to no surprise they were outstanding once again! I love the Mill's House and think it is the best wedding venue in Charleston!

Sent on 01/04/2016

Mary Ellen · Married on 08/30/2014

Melissa Joseph and her team at the Mills House were a dream to work with in every way--and the Barbados Room and courtyard area were absolutely beautiful for our reception. The Mills House staff is thorough, responsive, and very pleasant to work with. Melissa walked us through every aspect of our reception, from food to the timing of events (dances, cake cutting, etc), and coordinated with all of our vendors. We felt so taken care of, loved the quality of the food (as did our guests!), and used many of Melissa's great suggestions for vendors or fun personal touches throughout the evening. We found their prices to be reasonable for the area and very worthwhile for the results that you and your guests get to enjoy. The day-of coordination that the Mills House provides really gives peace of mind and is a tremendous value.

Sent on 09/08/2014

Jenna · Married on 08/30/2014

Sara and Gabrielle were so amazing, They are there for you from start to finish and make everything so seamless and wonderful. They truly made my dream wedding come true! The Mills House is the perfect setting for a charming and elegant Charleston wedding. It is beautiful and the perfect location.

Sent on 01/06/2015

Katie · Married on 07/26/2014

We had our wedding reception at The Mills House hotel and we cannot say enough fantastic things about our event. Everything from the amazing staff, to the food and amenities. It was truly the perfect weekend and we could not have asked for anything more! If I had to say what really made our experience there a 5 out of 5, it was hands down the staff. Not only were they extremely friendly and welcoming, they were as professional and attentive as they come! We owe our fun & successful event to the people who made it happen! We HIGHLY recommend The Mills House!

Sent on 12/30/2014

Alexandra · Married on 05/12/2012

The Mills House was such a beautiful location for our reception! We had the most wonderful time there! The venue was breathtaking, the food was delicious and the staff was incredibly professional and accommodating! I would highly recommend!!

Sent on 05/15/2012

My husband and I are very happy with our decision to host our wedding at the Mills House. The whole experience exceeded our expectations.

Sent on 03/16/2016

Mary · Married on 11/22/2014

I couldn't have been more happy with the venue, staff and event coordinator Melissa! Our wedding day was more beautiful they I ever could have imagined. Thank you for awesome food and awesome service!

Sent on 01/19/2015

Jackie · Married on 10/04/2014

We just had our wedding reception at the Mills house on Oct. 4th. Such a beautiful and fabulous venue. Had it in the Barbados room and courtyard. Gabrielle is the BEST! She is so on top of everything and the food was outstanding. Shrimp and Grits, Mashed Potato bar, Prime Rib, Turkey and Salad. Plus they did mini milkshakes.

Sent on 10/07/2014

The mills house and all of the staff starting from first phone call was excellent to work with. I had quit a different experience from another review I read, infact everything from room to added fees we all included in my contract - so I felt like everything was talked about prior to confirming my contract. One thing that was extremely helpful was that the catering manger that I worked with was more like a planner so ended up not contracting a outside planner which was wonderful. My dream day was perfect and all the staff that I was in contact with was wonderful!

Sent on 12/04/2012

Lisa · Married on 04/20/2013

3.5

We had family travel in from 14 different states, so we were so delighted that the hotel was so perfect. It truly was more than what I ever expected. We love The Mills House and all of the staff that made our dream wedding come true. I thought at the beginning of planning that I would hire a wedding planner but our catering manage had all the answers to our many many question, she made it so easy and fun for us.

Sent on 05/31/2013

2.5

We did not end up choosing this venue but this was definitely our 2nd option. If we had a larger budget we would have considered it more. Melissa was so helpful. Such a beautiful venue!!!

Sent on 09/05/2015

Liz · Married on 11/15/2012

4.2
      2.5

Very nice place! There was not a lot of room on flexibility but overall they did a great job!

Sent on 10/23/2013
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 11/10/2012

4.2
      3.5

Loved having my reception here! Jane and her team did a fantastic job! Beautiful Charleston setting and the food was outstanding. People are still telling us how much they enjoyed the food! :)

Sent on 03/11/2013

Ann · Married on 07/12/2014

3.8
      2.0

The Mills House - specifically Sara & Melissa - did a great job ensuring our reception was one our friends and family would never forget. They worked through the floor plan, timeline, & food with us to ensure it captured everything we wanted.

The only challenge we faced was our room block. We had quite a few guests coming in from out of town and they were not flexible on meeting the needs of all of our guests. If you're going to book ensure a room block nearby as they'll stop you at 25 rooms.

Sent on 12/21/2014

Jessica · Married on 11/01/2014

3.4
      3.0
      2.5

Our reception was in the Signers Ballroom, and we originally had Sara as our assigned coordinator. Sara was hard to get in touch with and communication could have been better. Later on, as Sara went on maternity leave, we got Melissa Joseph and Melissa and Gabby were great to work with. I had a ton of questions leading up to the big day, and Melissa was accommodating and tried to answer all of my questions. The only disappointment my husband and I had was that we nixed doing a large wedding cake because we were doing a dessert course and a Viennese display, both from the Mills House. The Viennese display was supposed to have 3 different types of tarts, as well as French pastries. I even got clarification on what type of pastries, so as to not have expectations that would not be met on my wedding day, but we went over everything and was told there would be macarons, and various pastries, so I felt fine with not having a traditional, large wedding cake. To my shock, because the dessert was set-up in a smaller, adjoining room, there were only 4 cake stands with the mini tarts and NONE of the French pastries we discussed. There was such little dessert on display that I was embarrassed! Yes, we discussed using some of the cake stands they had, but I did not expect it to be so poorly displayed and it did not meet the expectation for the price we paid at all.

On a positive note, our Banquet Captain, Reggie, and his team that night were fantastic. They made sure my husband and I had everything we needed and checked on us to make sure we were happy and doing well all night. They were truly fantastic and the Mills House is lucky to have them.

Other points, whoever made our signs for our event, misspelled my maiden name in a sign, embarrassing mistake to make. A welcome bag was stolen by another guest, but I was told putting them out on a table provided by them would be no issue. Items we had during our tasting were much smaller on our wedding day, than the tasting.

Sent on 12/18/2014

0.5
      2.0

The more money I paid them, the harder it was to get anyone to return a phone call or answer any of my questions. It could take several days to get an email or phone call returned. They only contact you when they need you or they need something from you...like more money!
    Also, watch out for double / duplicate charges on your credit cards. My mom got charged for the entire reception TWICE!!! They obviously corrected the error once it was brought to their attention, but come on...thats a BIG one!

Sent on 08/01/2015