The Milkman & Sons Reviews

6 | Brooklyn, NY

6 Reviews for The Milkman & Sons

• I

Imran · Married on 08/03/2014

Marcus and the guys were absolutely incredible during our cocktail hour. They played bluegrass and jazz on the fiddle, harmonica, bass and banjo and everyone commented on how wonderful they were. Unfortunately, we missed most of their performance; however, we had heard them at Melibea in Greenwich Village and fell in love with their style and flair.

Marcus was great at working with us and being flexible to fit our needs. Overall, these guys are a fantastic band and they really set the mood for a rustic wedding.

Sent on 08/08/2014

Drew · Married on 06/28/2013

As a resident of New York City I discovered The Milkman & Sons years ago after stumbling upon them at one of my favorite downtown music/dining venues. Marcus Milius and his band's upbeat, jazzy-blues (or perhaps it's more bluesy-jazz) delivered such blissful, aural candy that they lured me to a half dozen performances around town over the ensuing years.

Amidst the months long wedding planning process with my wife, we found ourselves at a cocktail lounge listening to the Milkman & Sons when the thought came to mind that these guys would be the perfect musicians to perform at our rehearsal dinner the night before our wedding. Having already selected a local "wedding band" for our Saratoga, New York nuptials we sought to create an ambiance at our rehearsal dinner where the band was prominently featured, but didn't require domineering, full-time MC duties. I approached Marcus at the end of their performance that night and he enthusiastically agreed to book our gig.

Four months later The Milkman & Sons delivered with perfection and we honestly couldn't have anticipated a better outcome. Though there were many highlights and memories created throughout the wedding weekend, Marcus and The Milkman & Sons were instrumental (no pun intended) in executing on our vision. Marcus was professional and easy to deal with from signing a contract to mapping out our preferences to nailing down logistics...everything went seamlessly.

I'm not sure how far away they're willing to travel, however, if it's within your geographical footprint I would highly recommend booking The Milkman & Sons for your event.

Sent on 02/25/2016

The band had excellent musicianship. Very professional. Great playlist. It was exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 08/27/2015

My daughter and her husband have known for a long time that they wanted Marcus and his group to play for their wedding. Marcus is a very talented musician, has a deep understanding of music and is very comfortable in multiple genres. Preparation for the event was a pleasure. Marcus was very accommodating and flexible and reasonably priced. The event itself was a great success, in large part due to the music. All the group members are talented performers and the vocals were wonderful. They played a lot of swing music as requested. Dancing was a real pleasure.

Sent on 09/13/2015

Randy · Married on 06/22/2012

They made our backyard rehearsal dinner extra special! Pulled together a band that met our desires and budget and then knocked the socks off our guests. When the weather was threatening and rain began to fall, they rolled with the punches. We liked them so much that we had them back for a holiday party. We can't recommend more highly.

Sent on 09/08/2015

Steve · Married on 06/06/2015

Great music, nice guys perfect band for our wedding

Sent on 08/28/2015