The Milestone | Aubrey by Walters Wedding Estates Reviews

168 | Aubrey, TX

168 Reviews for The Milestone | Aubrey by Walters Wedding Estates

Katy · Married on 04/06/2013

We absolutely LOVED the Milestone. The venue is absolutely gorgeous- we have had SO many compliments on it. The greatest part of the Milestone though, was our experience with our coordinators. They assign a coordinator to you as soon as you book your date (ours was Valerie), and they are SO helpful. They are very timely answering any questions, extremely organized, and are more than willing to give suggestions and make sure your wedding is exactly what you imagined. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect, and the coordinators and staff were there throughout the entire day checking on us and making sure everything goes smoothly. One of our engaged friend's told us she needs to find a 'Valerie' for her wedding as well. I would recommend the Milestone to anyone!

Sent on 07/22/2013
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 03/16/2013

The Milestone is the perfect venue to get married. It is absolutely gorgeous, the food is delicious, and the staff is friendly and professional. I would recommend them to any bride and groom!

Sent on 06/12/2013

Jaime · Married on 09/01/2012

My new husband and I were married at the Milestone on Saturday, September 1, 2012.
    We only had seven months to plan. Valarie, Lauren and Meghan made my event special with very little effort on my part. They accommodated us on several occasions with visits from myself, parents, the groom and matron of honor so that we knew everything we needed to know to envision what we wanted.
    The staff at the Milestone is incredible. When you send photos so the staff can get to know your face and know who you are when you visit, this is not an empty gesture. I never entered the Milestone where staff members did not greet my fiance and I by name, even if we had never met them.
    We didn’t really want a formal wedding and were sort of forced that direction by our families so I wasn’t thrilled from the beginning about the whole thing, but I have to say – in spite of wanting to go way more casual in the beginning, I am not sorry we went to the Milestone. Our experience was wonderful, effortless and they made me feel so important with every encounter. My day in the bridal suite with lunch, snacks and drinks provided all day was such a wonderfully relaxing way to spend the day with my bridesmaids. We had a staff member available to us all day to meet our needs, Kim, and she was wonderfully accommodating.
    Lauren and Valarie were so great during the reception. They reminded us gently about our timeline, and were very flexible with altering it last minute in order for us to take time to visit with our guests. Even with the alteration, everything was still taken care of and it all got done.
    We believe our wedding was as special as it could ever be because of the Milestone.
    Every single guest we had a chance to speak with went wide-eyed when telling us it was the nicest wedding they had ever been to at such a beautiful location. We are still receiving compliments.

Sent on 02/10/2013

Lisa · Married on 05/11/2012

This wedding venue is AWESOME! I seriously had the best experience! My wedding was amazing. Valarie did awesome helping be plan the entire thing. They are very responsive, and genuinely care about making sure you have an awesome wedding. The wedding planning was pretty easy (as easy as it can be) thanks to Valarie- she shows great expertise. It's not a "wedding factory" either. Some venues do 5 weddings a day, this place is not like that at all! I did not feel rushed through photos/other things and I really enjoyed my night. Everything at the Milestone is SUPER organized, which makes it VERY stress free for you! :) I really cannot say enough nice things about this venue. I looked at LOTS of venues, and I am SO happy I chose this one. Thank you to Valarie & Megan- and all of the staff! :) You guys are awesome!

Lisa Wyatt

Sent on 06/02/2012

Larame · Married on 04/28/2012

The Milestone is the best venue anyone can choose for their wedding. The staff and event coordinators are absolutely amazing. My special day wouldn't have been the best day of my life without all of the Milestone employees from the event coordinator to the chefs. The event coordinator is the aboslute best you can ask for. They helped me from start to finish and if I had a quick question would always answer my calls day or night to answer them. When they say they are there to make your day special and to make things easier on the bride while planning your wedding, they really mean it at The Milestone. The event coordinator was there every step of the way with me throughout the planning. I would recommend this venue to anyone. It is the best decision you can make through your planning process. You won't be dissappointed.

Sent on 11/09/2012

Liz · Married on 03/10/2012

I had an amazing experience with this venue. Post wedding, we are still getting compliments on our gorgeous venue at The Milestone. Valarie and her staff are amazing. As someone who can be pretty Type A, I was extremely pleased with how professional she was and how flexible she was. She even let us extend our reception by 30 minutes because of how much fun I and my husband were having, as well as our guests. Additionally, we got so many compliments on the food service as well. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this venue and how it exceeded my high expectations.

Sent on 03/19/2012
  • ALISHA

ALISHA · Married on 07/30/2011

The Milestone was the PERFECT place to get married! I planned my entire wedding from out of the country - I cannot imagine a venue working with an out of country bride better than The Milestone! They took care of everything for us - I didn't have to think through all the details, because our wedding coordinator would contact me as she planned all the details and would just ask me what I wanted for each thing. She was SO personal and sweet and handled everything with grace and ease! I absolutely loved EVERYTHING about this place from the first time we looked at it, to picking up items left behind 2 weeks after the wedding!
    The food - I have heard rave reviews from friends that this food was the best food they have ever had at a wedding!
    The details - PERFECT
    The coordinator - was amazing!!! She was so calm always and made everything run EXACTLY like we wanted! She was so sweet - we cannot say enough about how great she was!
    The day of the wedding the staff took EXTREME care of everyone that was there - groomsmen, bridesmaids, bride, groom, family and friends - it was like we were all at home just hanging out - and being taken care of! It was SO MUCH FUN!
    We absolutely loved everything about our wedding, were never stressed in the process of planning, and fully trusted the staff at The Milestone with every detail, and they came through with flying colors!!!!!!!

I would HIGHLY recommend this venue to any bride looking for a gorgeous, care-free wedding!!!!! Indoor or outdoor - The Milestone will take care of your every single need!!!!!!!

Sent on 09/07/2011

Tiffany · Married on 05/27/2011

The Milestone was an amazing venue!! I felt like such a priority the day of the wedding!! The details that were taken care of for us just added to our joy for this venue!

Sent on 06/22/2011

Jenna · Married on 05/15/2011

The minute that I drove up to the Milestone I knew that was the place I had to get married! The facility is gorgeous both inside and out! I met with Valarie and she was so genuinely excited and passionate about my wedding. I live in Oklahoma and I knew planning was going to be a challenge from the start. However the staff made it all so easy! They even saved me several trips back and forth across state lines!
    The wedding weekend was even more perfect, from the rehearsal to the ceremony! Valarie ensured we all knew where to go and when, and even kept my groomsmen in line and focused. The day of the staff kept us all fed and happy, took care of all our last minute needs, and kept us laughing and smiling all the while. I didn’t ever have to worry if anyone was late, valarie kept everyone on schedule and made sure all my requests were fulfilled not only within the Milestone staff but also with the outside vendors.
    Valarie is so sweet and sincere; she was a pleasure to work with, and makes me wish I had a dozen excuses to have many more events at their facility! I would highly reccomment the Milestone to any and everyone. I’m so proud to say my wedding was here and the compliments of how beautiful the wedding was, how great the food was, and how much fun everyone had have not ceased! Thanks to all the staff who made it wonderful!

Sent on 05/25/2011

Myrla · Married on 05/12/2011

They were wounderful! I would reccomend anyone, and although it may be expensive its well worth the cost. Your take very good care of on your wedding day and even from the day you book your wedding with them. I couldnt of asked for more!

Sent on 06/06/2011

Shelby · Married on 04/22/2011

I cannot say enough about Valarie and her staff at The Milestone. The venue is absolutely beautiful and they take care of every detail in an exceptional way. The food was delicious. Our wedding day ran so smoothly thanks to everyone at The Milestone.

Sent on 05/17/2011

Megan · Married on 03/19/2011

The Milestone was a wonderful choice for us to have our wedding at. Everything they did for us helped us really have the wedding we had imagined. I would recommend this venue to any bride looking to have their wedding at a beautiful location. The coordinator is really helpful and can help put together everything you wanted it to be and more.

Sent on 03/28/2011

Jennifer · Married on 02/25/2011

I could not have asked for a more wonderful venue than The Milestone! The entire staff, from the wedding coordinator Valarie, to the banquet coordinator Kim, to the head chef, provided unsurpassable service. They were attentive and involved from the day we first came to view the venue. I originally chose The Milestone because its look and feel seemed to encompass everything I envisioned for my wedding day. The work of Valarie and her staff made it so much more, contributing to what really was a perfect day (my guests and my family have not stopped talking about the wedding!). My florist, Lisa Ham and Coco Fleur Events, and photographer, Jamie Huffman Photography, were chosen through The Milestone's bridal fair and preferred vendor selection. The fantastic quality of their work, and their willingness to go above and beyond speaks not only to their high standards, but to The Milestone's reputation of attracting wonderful vendors. I highly recommend, at a minimum, taking a visit to The Milestone and meeting with Valarie and the event staff when searching for a venue for any reason (wedding or otherwise). You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 03/07/2011

Natalie · Married on 01/29/2011

I can't say enough about how great The Milestone and its staff are. When my husband and I started planning our wedding, one thing that was important to us was to keep the wedding planning stress to a minimum; we got that with the milestone. I loved that it was a one stop shop that included everything (caterer, flowers, linens, dj, ceremony, reception, cake, etc.) for one price. Valarie helped make sure that everything went smoothly throughout the process, and was always helpful and responsive when I had questions or needed to meet. On the rehearsal and day of the event, the entire Milestone staff was incredible. We were pampered in the bridal room, with the staff checking on us to make sure we didn't need anything, food, drinks, etc. or if they could help out in any way. I don't think I need to rave about how gorgeous the site is, as I feel like the pictures speak for themselves - but just know, it's even prettier in person than it is pictures. Our guests kept telling me throughout the night how incredible the place was, especially when I told some of them the price. Some one stop shop places are cheesy or things end up looking cheap, but not at the milestone. Everything was affordable, the flowers looked great, everyone loved the food and cakes, the dj was wonderful, and the included decor was very classy.

The aesthetic appeal of the Milestone is what brought me to it, but it was the incredible service that allowed me to have a 100% stress-free day. I would highly recommend the Milestone to any friends.

Sent on 02/10/2011

Mr and Mrs · Married on 01/16/2011

The Milestone is an elegant gem set in the rustic heart of Texas; the endless possibilities of the wedding of your dreams served up by the best of southern hospitality. When my fiancé and I set out to find our wedding venue we were looking for Texas. And the Milestone is Texas at its best. On our first visit we were struck by the beauty of The Milestone’s surroundings, the dips and rolls of the country hills cradling the nearby pond are made all the more stunning when cast against the endless Texas sky. We opted to have some of our photos taken at sunset and the images are simply breathtaking. The rustic beauty of the landscape is matched only by the elegance of The Milestone’s main structure, both inside and out. Each room is open yet cozy and highlights the intimacy of the moment without being overly grandiose. On a day when our heads were spinning it was reassuring to be in the capable hands of The Milestone staff. From the wedding coordinator to the servers and everyone in-between, each member of The Milestone’s staff was a true professional who went above and beyond at every opportunity. The food was amazing, the setting was extraordinary and it was all served up with charm and finesse. Each detail from beginning to end was professionally addressed and flawlessly executed. The Milestone made every moment of our wedding priceless. Now, if only they did birthdays.

Sent on 03/23/2011

Corrie · Married on 12/31/2010

The Milestone created the most amazing night of my husband and I's life. Valarie and her team were very welcoming from day one! They had beautiful ideas and were great with seeing our vision. We could not of had the wedding of our dreams with out The Milestone and Valarie and her crew! We also were allowed to shoot my bridal portraits there as well! I couldn't imagine my wedding being held anywhere else!

Sent on 01/26/2011

Andrea · Married on 09/05/2010

Hello ladies, I had my wedding at the Milestone in September 2010. I am still getting wonderful comments from guests even after over a month later! Valarie and her staff were amazing! The venue is absolutely gorgeous, and I felt like royalty the whole day. When I arrived the morning of my wedding, I was greeted at the front entrance by Milestone staff (Brandi) who helped me unload my car even. I opted to decorate my wedding myself, I even picked out my own flowers from a flower market, so I was a little nervous that my vision would come together... Brandi was amazing! She listened to my ideas and ran with it. She even washed my rocks that I brought in bags from Home Depot to put in the bottom of my vases. Wow. I did one centerpiece and then she went to town recreating it over and over at each table. She took my ideas and (after asking my permission) improved upon and made it even more amazing. The Milestone made it possible for me to actually HAVE FUN in preparing the ballroom. It was a blast because I knew everything would get done and be fabulous.

It was then time for me to start getting ready. I had a relaxing break to myself as I enjoyed the huge spa tub in the bridal suite. I was also greeted outside of the door after my bath with a Michelob Ultra-- signaling that my bar staff had arrived and was ready to go! It felt great to know that I could step away from everything and things were still getting done. Oh, and can I please have that bathroom for my house?? The bridal suite was luxurious. There was plenty of room for all of our stuff, and you know a bride and bridal party can bring a lot of stuff! Valarie was always there checking in on me and telling me everything that was already taken care of, and then asking me if I needed anything. Did I mention that I felt like royalty that whole day? Valarie kept us all on schedule, and even helped tie me into my dress when my bridesmaids were struggling a bit. I know she was busy doing so many other things, but whenever I would say, "I need Valarie!" it was like she popped out from nowhere to jump in.

My husband said it was so surprising at how they were treated like VIPs as well. He said that any other wedding he had been in, that the guys are more corralled around then pampered. He and his guys were so pleased that they too were catered to and taken care of. The guys' room had video games and a pool table-- they loved it.

Pre-wedding pictures went off without a hitch. BRIDES: I really recommend doing a "first look" with your groom. It was so special to see each other privately before walking down the aisle in front of everyone. And after seeing my pictures, the look on his face at the ceremony when I come down the aisle is still amazing. The ceremony was awesome. I guess my minister forgot to tell my guest to "please be seated" so Valarie was jumping up and down in the very back until she got his attention. Priceless! Thanks Valarie!

The reception was better than I had imagined. Valarie and her staff were constantly checking in with my other vendors and myself to keep everything running smooth and perfect. The food was phenomenal! I thought I was rolling the dice with having pork as my only entree, but everyone raved about! We had the strawberry walnut salad, the best rolls and butter ever, mixed grilled veggies (the Chef added in asparagus just for me because I love it!), real mashed potatoes and gravy, and a beautifully presented carving station with our pork tenderloin. It was fabulous!

As the night went on, the sun set and the Milestone never looked so beautiful. Our photographer (Celina Gomez) got some amazing shots out back on the lawn, in the gazebo, and by the pond. It is so gorgeous out there. The catering and bar staff were perfect. The best service is when you don't even notice your plates are cleared and your drink is now full. The place settings on the tables were so classy and decadent. I know there is so much more that Valarie and the Milestone staff that I will never even know about. LOL

Everyone stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Denton, and we utilized their free shuttle service for our guests. Valarie and staff had packed up our entire bridal suite for us, and had everything ready to go. She even helped to stuff me and my dress into the shuttle as we headed back to the hotel.

When we got back to the honeymoom suite we discovered that Valarie had struck again! Waiting for us in our room was a box of chocolate-covered strawberries and a bottle of champagne with a thank-you note from the Milestone. WOW.

I know there is so much more that I may have forgotten about along the way, but I can tell you from the bottom of my heart that if you select the Milestone as your wedding venue you will never, ever doubt your decision and the memories you will have of your wedding will far surpass the dreams you've had your whole life of your special day.

Good luck ladies, and trust the Milestone with your own life milestone! You will be more than happy you did.
    Mrs. Andrea Strempke

Sent on 10/19/2010

Nancey · Married on 08/08/2009

I had quite a different experience than the last reviewer. The Milestone is everything that was promised and more. They were not finished with the grounds or the interior at the time of the bridal fair. No one accosted me on arrival with protests or on exiting. You feel completely away from any of the neighbors and are not aware of them in the least. There was a green gas tank when first entering the gates of the property, but I knew I was in the country and would pass country landmarks along the way. All memory of it is wiped away when The Milestone comes into view. It has that "wow factor" every bride and groom wants their guests to see when they drive up to the venue.

The attention to detail is amazing, from the gorgeous chandelier to the lighting sconces on the walls, the sink fixtures, and the layout is brilliant for the most efficient flow of the guests, with a breathtaking winding staircase in the foyer. The fountain out front was not in place yet but will be and could be by the time of this writing. The food was delicious and impressive. The wedding organizer, Valarie, is as excellent as they come. Not only is she responsive, but she knows the answers to all your questions, never promises anything that can't be delivered and is totally ethical and forthcoming. She is willing to work with you to stay in budget and has so many ideas that one can very easily see the whole thing coming together with a minimum of stress. Not only that, she genuinely cares about making your day what you want it to be and cares about you, not just making money off your event. I think this is also because she is a woman of faith and answers to a much higher power.

The exterior of the southern mansion is beautiful, stunning, and with landscaping completed, will be an amazing place to have the kind of wedding any bride would be proud of, with the circular drive, valet parking (optional), stately steps and huge columns. Inside is the magnificent foyer with a spectacular one-of-a-kind chandelier and a grand winding staircase to a balcony. There are two bridal suites, one for a day bride and the other for night, and a private, lush bathroom and patio for the night bridal suite. There is a fantastic groom's suite upstairs. The view from the chapel's ceiling-to-floor window is magnificent with so much light infusing the whiteness of the room. The ballroom has windows and french doors on two sides of the room letting in light, with a veranda, more columns and a view of the grounds and lake.

I did see some protestor signs, which I thought was laughable, because the venue is now built and almost complete. No one handed me anything or tried to talk to me. People, they are not going to unbuild it, c'mon, get real! You are a world away at The Milestone, love the quiet and intimacy of the venue, away from the urban hustle and bustle and overt bridal commercialism. I love that 80 million brides have not been married there yet, and it is all so new, clean, sparkling and personal. All the focus is on you, the bride, the groom, her wedding party and the guests. The feel is charming, intimate, posh, classy, full of light and natural beauty, and with the all-inclusive package, it is well-worth the value. The ceilings are high and not squatty and short, and there is no hint of commerce/business or public intrusion. There is nothing sterile or stale about it. The surroundings are so exquisite, not a lot of decoration is required. The house speaks for itself. Flowers will enhance the atmosphere and add color, and the electrical lighting (vs. natural) provides many options for mood and romance.

Unquestionably, The Milestone will photograph beautifully and be a place to cherish forever. After several visits there, I feel like it is my home, which it is not, but I knew it when was nothing but an empty tract of land, and I have watched it take shape into the fairy tale venue that it is. I am so proud of what they accomplished and proud that my son and future daughter-in-law will be married there. As I said, it was not quite completed at the time of the bridal fair, but I knew what questions to ask Valarie about those last details that were to be put in place.

The preferred florist, Lisa Ham, is the most creative florist I ever met and is passionate about her art. She stands head and shoulders above the usual wedding florists. The menu selections are so varied that it would be impossible not to find something wonderfully impressive to love and offer your guests. All the ingredients are there for a spectacular wedding ceremony and the best party you could have to celebrate your incredible wedding.

I wouldn't hesitate to consider and visit Valarie and The Milestone, if you are looking for a fabulous wedding venue and the best wedding planner ever.

Sent on 09/06/2010

Mandy · Married on 07/01/2017

Our wedding at the Milestone Morgan Creek Barn in Aubrey was perfect. We can't be more pleased with every detail. Amanda was incredible at her job! We highly recommend this or any of the other venues they have to offer for anyone's big day!

Sent on 09/01/2017

Patricia · Married on 03/31/2017

I recently had my wedding at the Milestone Mansion in Krum, TX and their team did an AMAZING job. All of my guests were very impressed with the venue and how beautiful it was. My wedding day went very smoothly thanks to my coordinator's help. Nicole was very responsive and helpful. Anytime I had a question during my wedding planning process, they all were readily available. The catering team through the venue is unbelievable. I highly recommend this venue for your wedding. They are reasonably priced and it will be worth it!

Sent on 04/26/2017

The Milestone | Aubrey by Walters Wedding Estates's reply:

Patricia, We had so much fun being part of you and Greg's wedding day! Thank you so much for calling our venue beautiful! It's fantastic to hear you loved working with Nicole and our staff and loved the food from our caterer! Thank you so much for the recommendation! We wish you all the best in your marriage! - The Milestone | Denton Management
  • Kaci

Kaci · Married on 06/08/2013

The Milestone is the perfect place to get married. I loved everything about my wedding and can't thank Valerie and the Milestone staff enough for such a wonderful day!! Valerie is so helpful and gives great suggestions, keeps everything on schedule, and answered all my questions very quickly. The food at the Milestone is the best!! Not your ordinary wedding food, and the grounds are immaculate. Again, can't say enough great things about The Milestone. They really made my dream wedding come true. The only negative I have is that I was slightly stressed in the months leading up to the wedding after finding out there was a morning wedding before mine, but in the end everything worked out just great and the staff quickly transitioned from one wedding to the next. I highly encourage you to have your wedding at The Milestone.

Sent on 07/23/2013
  • Jade

Jade · Married on 08/15/2020

Willing to work with us

They have been quite flexible with us. We found out we were due to have a baby around our wedding day and they moved the day back a year for us. Beautiful venue.

Sent on 05/15/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 11/16/2019

Amazing Venue

Everyone loved the venue! It is so gorgeous. The venue cost and all amenities are very reasonable. All communication was easy and they worked with us when we had a hiccup. I would recommend this venue to anyone.

Sent on 11/19/2019

The Milestone | Aubrey by Walters Wedding Estates's reply:

Hi Jessica! Thank you so much for your kind review of our venue! We are so happy that we could be helpful to you on this special day! We are so thankful that you trusted us with your wedding day! We wish you the absolute best in your marriage!

Lauren · Married on 05/12/2018

My fiancé and I didn’t choose this place to host our wedding but we wanted to write a review about it regardless. This venue is absolutely gorgeous! From the place where the ceremony was held, to the reception space, cocktail area, and suites, Erik and I were blown away. Brides – the bridal suite for this venue is out of this world and the lighting is phenomenal! Etheny was a huge help in communication before our meeting and was so helpful when showing us around the venue.

Sent on 01/02/2018

Paige · Married on 11/05/2017

I tried to remain unbiased while we looked for venues, but admittedly I knew when we pulled up to The Milestone that it was where I was going to want to get married. The ceremony room hardly needs any decorations--it's so airy and lovely, and the reception room is to-die-for. Everyone was incredibly sweet while I asked questions, and accommodating before and during the wedding. We got married on November the 5th, and Sloan was my day-of coordinator. She went above and beyond to make sure everything went smoothly on the day of the wedding, from wrangling my family, to making our exit spectacular.

Sent on 12/06/2017

The Milestone | Aubrey by Walters Wedding Estates's reply:

Paige, we are so happy to hear about your great experience at The Milestone in Aubrey. Thank you for taking to time to share your experience in the form of a review! Your wedding was a dream, congratulations!