The Memory Journalists Reviews

25 | Sacramento, CA

25 Reviews for The Memory Journalists

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Jack · Married on 09/10/2011

These people went well out of their way to photograph our wedding and came to know us like family!

• Josh and Trista

Trista · Married on 07/23/2011

Jen and her team are absolutely amazing. They are so helpful throughout the process and the photos are incredible!

Marianna · Married on 06/04/2011

We have had an awesome experience with Memory Journalists. From day one they have been professional, responsive, and totally on top of things. They consistently impressed us with how quickly they got back to us on everything, and how generous they were with their time and attention. We truly felt that we were in the best hands throughout our experience. Plus, Jen and her crew are extremely talented, both at producing beautiful images and getting their subjects to feel comfortable. Even my husband, who doesn't typically enjoy being the center of attention, felt at ease! During the wedding, they did a great job of organizing everyone and being in the right place at the right time - Jen handled all of our family photos like a pro! After the wedding I received multiple comments from my family on how professional our photographers were, and they have all been blown away by the photos they've seen. My dad especially - half the time I talk to him he's tells me that he's got a new favorite picture :) As for my husband and I, we know that we couldn't have chosen a better photographer. We will treasure the emotions and the memories they captured for the rest of our lives. We can't thank them enough!

mike · Married on 06/04/2011

Jennifer and her fellow photographers did a wonderful job at my daughters wedding. They seemed to be everywhere yet never in the way, always polite and cheerful and very proffesional It rained that day and Jennifer managed to get both families out doors at an opportune time between showers and took splendid photos of us all. I very much like the album she put together for Marianna and Darwin and the photos in general were excellent! One more word, I also loved the engagement photos and have many aroungdthe house. Great job photo journalists!!

Michael · Married on 05/21/2011

We used Jenn and her crew for our engagement and wedding photos. Both turned out absolutely fantastic! Not only was the final product great, but they made sure that we had fun during the process. Playing the role of the shy groom, I didn't know what to expect having to take so many photos, but at the engagement session Jenn made us feel so comfortable that I couldn't wait to take pictures at the wedding, and the results spoke for themselves. Thank you Jenn and Memory Journalists for great pictures and a great day.

Nicole · Married on 05/21/2011

I used Jen and the crew for our engagement shoot and our wedding. We were married at Le Rivage in Sacramento in May. We both live in Chicago (born on raised in Northern CA) so it was especially nerve racking picking such an imporant wedding vendor. The first time I contaced Memory Journalists I knew they were the one. I spoke with Jen next and we talked for hours and I got even more excited about the big day.

My husband and I could not have been happier with working with them during the event and the photos are all we dreamed of and more. I recommend them if you want your photos to be natural and just a great version of you. They truly captured our emotions and the amazing day we had celebrating with close friends and family. I look through our wedding album online all the time and find more and more photos that I have to have :)

They are the most professional and are an absolute pleasure to know as people

Please look into the Memory Journalists- they are worth every penny.

Natalie · Married on 10/01/2010

Choosing to hire Memory Journalists as our photographers/videographers was the best decision we could have made! The photographers are truly passionate about photography and it shows in their photos. They are very creative & artistic which leads to some awesome shots! Their engagement session is called a “date night” and is so much fun! You meet with your photographers ahead of time so that everyone can get to know each other and be at ease when the camera starts shooting. They take so many great shots and it really was more like a “date night” then a photo session! For our wedding, we received so many comments from our family and guests about how great the photographers were! And that is so important because the day is really about you, your husband, and making sure your guests have a great time. Memory Journalist photographers capture all of the special moments of the day, from beginning to end. Months later, when looking at the photos, it’s like I’m reliving that entire day! We had so many fantastic photos and every memory was captured on camera! We are so thankful for Memory Journalists!

Christine · Married on 09/10/2010

My husband and I met Jen and her crew at a bridal show in 2009, and had an instant connection. When we went home that night to view their website, we were quite impressed. Each picture we saw online captured such great emotion and personality, and we just knew we HAD to book them!

We quickly booked our engagement photo session (included with our package - BONUS!). We had a very specific idea for our photo session (a "makeover" and reveal for the both of us), and were so happy that Jen shared our enthusiasm for it. When our plans fell through, Jen was very accomodating, and rescheduled without skipping a beat.

Our engagement session was so exciting! Jen captured some of the "makeover", which was interesting to see looking back. And when it came time for the reveal, she was just as excited as we were, making sure to capture each reaction, and coming up with different ways and places to shoot more pictures.

Jen's enthusiasm carried on throughout our planning. We had ideas for a very non-traditional wedding, and needed help thinking things through. Jen provided great ideas and planning guides, and even reviewed our personally written wedding vows so we could keep them a surprise. She was a tremendous help in making our vision a reality.

Before our wedding, Jen told us that her husband, Cory, was experimenting with a type of video media in addition to photography. Since we didn't have plans to book a videographer, we were so happy that we had a way to capture our most important parts of our wedding.

When it came time for our rehearsal, Jen and Cory were the first to arrive!! We were so happy they were able to meet our family and friends, and give us tips and guidance before our big day.

On our wedding day (Sept 2010), it was obvious to see how well Jen and Cory work together. They were energetic and full of ideas for photo/video ops. They gave us direction without being overbearing, and interacted with our family, friends, and other vendors with love, excitement, and passion.

We recently saw our photos and video clip, and were absolutely amazed! Every picture is outstanding, and the video captured everything we wanted to. It is clear that Jen and Cory are very talented at what they do.

The Memory Journalists were fully invested in our wedding, and we're positive we made the right choice. We would refer them a million times over!

Elizabeth · Married on 07/31/2010

The Memory Jounalists were wonderful! The helped so much with the planning of my wedding, not just the photos, and helped me get my initial timeline started. They went above and beyond in all areas, from planning, to engagement photos, to keeping our wedding day on schedule, and designing our album. They were always very quick in getting back to me with any questions I had and were extremely accomodating and flexible. Not to mention the amazing photos! I was so happy with my choice of photographer. I would recommend them to all brides, they were worth every penny we spent!

Shawna · Married on 06/10/2010

They did an awesome job of photographing our wedding! From start to finish, Jen & Teresa (& Cory, Jasmine, & Keith), were great. We are going to have the most incredible wedding albums.

Julie · Married on 02/14/2010

Jennifer and her staff were the best from the start! Cannot say enough about her. The quality is incredible!

Tony · Married on 12/26/2009

I love how their photos look great. I want to do business with them again someday.

Kimberley · Married on 07/25/2009

We would recommend the Memory Journalists hands down. From the time we met with Jen we felt so comfortable and knew that we would share our special day with her and her team. Jen and her team are dedicated to putting in 100% and providing exactly what we wanted for our engagement and wedding photos. We had Jen, Corey, and Nicole present for our wedding day and could not ask for a better team. They made it fun and comfortable and most of all, they captured the day flawlessly. The photos are a true work of art and with the multiple photographers, nothing was missed. The entire team was wonderful and professional. Also, with the sneak peak photos posted the next day and slideshow posted within 2 weeks, it allows you to relive the day and enjoy the beautiful moments that were captured. The packages may seem a bit pricey, but they also include credits for making the album, prints from engagement sessions and the wedding, as well as copies of the album for family/friends. Also, Jen is so easy to work with for customizing each package to what you want or need. It was well worth it in our opinion. This team of professionals are some of the best in the area and we highly recommend them. We know they will be in our lives to capture even more memories in the future!

jessie · Married on 04/04/2009

They did an AWSOME JOB! Amazing work! Jennifer and Kelly were wondeful and Brie was super too! I'm so glad we went with them!!

The best EVER

Jolene · Married on 12/13/2008

Jen and her team were amazing. My husband and I chose the Memory Journalists as we are generally not relaxed in front of the camera and we instantly felt comfortable to be ourselves around them and to forget about the cameras. It was also important to me to have someone that provides quick and timely responses to any question or worries I may have, which they did, and Jen was incredibly organized and efficient in making sure everything went smoothly on our wedding day and all the important moments where captured. We are thrilled with our album and could not ask for a better team of photographers. We plan to use them again for family/holiday albums as well!

Melanie · Married on 11/08/2008

My husband and I were married in November 2008, and Jennifer was the first vendor we booked. During our initial meeting with her, she made us feel so at ease with everything. Talking with Jennifer was like sitting down with my best friend, and at that moment, I knew she had to be our photographer. Not only did she and her team take amazing engagement and wedding day photos, but Jennifer took it upon herself to work with my other vendors to ensure everyone was on the same time line and to ensure that our day went along smoothly. 2 years later, I have beautiful photos and a breathtaking album to remember our day. And I love that Jennifer and her team send us an anniversary card every year! I would and have recommended her team to all my friends, and I will continue to use them for my own family photos. The Memory Journalists are amazing!

• W

Wayne · Married on 10/04/2008

I've never seen a photographer work as hard and deliver quality work as beautiful as Jennifer and her crew from The Memory Journalist. They listened to our suggestions and they captured every precious moment with a style and artistic quality that will allow eveyone to relive this wonderful wedding forever. These are master craftswomen. Bravo! Stop looking and book The Memory Journalist now.

Bree · Married on 11/17/2007

The Memory Journalists were the best choice I made for my wedding. The photography was the most important part of my day and they did not fail to provide me with everything I wanted and some things I didn't know I did! They captured every moment and gave me an album that will forever bring back the joy of our wedding.

Marcia · Married on 08/11/2007

The Memory Journalists were by far the best vendor of my entire wedding. I can not begin to explain the level of photography, professionalism, creativity, and customer service these photographers have. I was truly happy with all my photographs and wedding albums. The design and style were personalized just for us and I believe that is important in years to come when my husband and I sit down and open our wedding album. I was more than satisfied with the service I received from the Memory Journalists and would recommend them to any couple getting married!

Melanie · Married on 06/30/2007

Phenomenal. Exceptional. Personal. Fabulous. In every aspect of our experience with Jen and the Memory Journalists, from the initial meeting to the engagement shoot to the final product, I immediately felt comfortable trusting my most important day to this awesome group of people, and I was not disappointed.
    Some highlights: Not all business owners would encourage prospective clients to interview other photographers, but Jen did. She knew that there must be a certain comfort level between the couple and photographer - this is an intimate aspect of the wedding, there must be a certain chemistry. Jen's recommendation to interview multiple photographers demonstrated to me her commitment to her clients to provide the highest quality product.
    The engagement shoot was a fabulous way for Jen to get to know us and our personalities, to know what was important to us when it came to how to shoot our wedding day. We used those photographs for our guest sign in book at our wedding!
    The wedding day - Jen and her team act almost as wedding planners/coordinators. They collect all the important information and have a timeline for the day...less for you and the wedding party to worry about! The fact that they shoot with more than one photographer made me confident that nothing would be missed, and made for some awesome photo layouts in the final album.
    The sneak peak that is posted the next day was awesome! The day goes by so fast; as soon as those pictures were posted, my husband and I were able to look at those 50 shots and say "Ok, we enjoyed our wedding day" and were able to relax and wait for the rest of it.
    The final product, and the experience as a whole, was just phenomenal. I would (and have) recommend the Memory Journalists to anyone in need of photographic services. Just look at the albums on the website. They have such a great eye for catching the right balance of photos, and really are able to capture how the day felt, not only how it looked. Thank you for giving me those memories!

Kirsten · Married on 09/16/2006

The Memory Journalists were more than I could have hoped for. Their attitude and involvement in the pre-wedding process was so helpful as I continually stressed over details. They carefully listened to everything that I wanted out of my photos and wedding day experience and built upon that to give me the most beautiful photos I have ever seen. Jennifer's creative spirit put a unique and artistic angle to our pictures and her bubbly personality added great energy to our day. I can't say enough great things about the Memory Journalists. They soared past my expectations.

Darleen · Married on 09/18/2010

It was such a pleasure working with Jennifer, Teresa and Kirsten for taking all of the amazing pictures on our September 18th wedding and for our date night session. Jennifer and her team are awesome. We are so happy. :)

Jhanea · Married on 11/10/2007

Awesome Job!!! Loved the whole process!! I love my album!!!

Jillian · Married on 05/25/2014

The Memory Journalists ROCK! Isabel was the lead photographer for our wedding and along with Theresa, they did a phenomenal job. Isabel was super fun to work with. She has great energy and great ideas. She really is passionate about what she does and it shows. We were nervous about how we would feel in front of the camera but they made it really natural and we enjoyed it a lot. But, the proof is in the pudding right?! When we got our photographs we were blown away. They were exactly what we had hoped for. She captured it perfectly and we will cherish them forever. Yes, they are a little on the pricey side, but worth every penny in my book.

Cheryl · Married on 03/01/2008

3.0

When we first met with Jennifer for a consultation, we knew we wanted to have her as our photographer for our wedding because she was very friendly and professional at what she does. She showed us samples of her work...wow...what a beautiful talent she has. On our wedding day Jennifer and her staff started @ 10 am. and ended at 7pm. With my husband having such a big family, Jennifer happened to get a family photo. We enjoyed The Memory Journalist's work. We will forever cherish our beautiful wedding album.