The Master's Baker Reviews

The Master's Baker 3
The Master's Baker 4
The Master's Baker 5

Tori · Married on 08/06/2016

Our cake was perfect! 5 tiers, 3 flavors, and absolutely beautiful. I couldn't wait to have it for breakfast the morning after.

Sent on 02/16/2017
  • Jill

Jill · Married on 08/05/2016

We used Masters Baker through our Venue(Barn on Bridge) and the cake was absolutely gorgeous!!! We were very happy with our tasting and so glad we went with the flavors we did! It was awesome!

Sent on 09/06/2016

Kathleen · Married on 07/24/2016

Our cake was beautiful and delicious! Our guests were raving about the flavors we chose. I highly recommend the chocolate and the almond!! We couldn't have asked for anything more!

Sent on 09/05/2016

Kate · Married on 07/23/2016

We would recommend the Master's Baker to everyone! Our tasting was fun and informative. The Wedding cake was exactly what we expected - delicious, moist and beautiful! Our guests loved the cake and commented how much they enjoyed it!

Sent on 08/06/2016

Megan · Married on 07/15/2016

Delicious and beautiful cake and cupcakes. I don't even like cake that much but this was the best I have ever had. Working with this bakery was so easy. They took one less stressor out of wedding planning. Melissa was so nice, accommodating, and explained everything clearly. Our cake tasting was definitely one of our favorite parts of the wedding process!

Sent on 07/18/2016

Corinne · Married on 07/03/2016

Best cake I have ever tasted!!!! I am normally not a cake eater, but I can't get enough of my wedding cake from Master's Baker. It was lemon blueberry swirl and it was and still is phenomenal. They worked seamlessly with my venue and were easy to work with.

Sent on 07/18/2016

Robin · Married on 07/03/2016

While we did not pick The Masters Baker, they are the contracted baker for our venue, they were wonderful to work with! I have a food allergy, and they made sure to note that in our paper work several times. Melissa was super helpful anytime I had to call! When our actual guest number turned out to be about 40-50 people short of what we invited, they reduced the number of tiers on the cake, without a problem.

The hardest part of the entire experience was picking the flavors for our cake! I have a feeling the anniversary cake next year is going to be just as difficult, because they are all so good! I think I might have found my go-to bakery for all of my cake needs!

Sent on 07/31/2016

Jennifer · Married on 07/02/2016

Our wedding cake was a dream come true!!! The Master's Baker honored all of our requests (we had a very particular red, white, and blue elegant design in mind), and produced the best cake we have ever eaten.

Thank you for making our wedding day SO perfect!

Sent on 07/19/2016

Janeen · Married on 07/01/2016

We used Masters Baker because they came with our reception site. They were great to work with and our cake turned out exactly as we asked and was so beautiful. The cake flavor options were great too.

Sent on 07/15/2016

Kiran · Married on 06/25/2016

Great people to work with. Their cake and service is amazing. Chad went all out to create the perfect cake for the wedding.

Sent on 07/28/2016

Gwen · Married on 06/17/2016

Master's is so professional and their cakes are delicious. My husband and I were not on the same page when it came to designing our perfect cake for our wedding, and Master's took our two different ideas and combined them into a beautifully unique wedding cake. We loved it!!

Sent on 07/05/2016

jordan · Married on 06/12/2016

Amazing cake (said by someone who's "not a cake-person"). Showing up to the venue the day of my wedding and seeing the cake my fiance and I tried to describe to Master's Baker during our tasting and planning appointment a couple months prior, I was amazed at HOW BEAUTIFUL IT WAS. It was exactly what we wanted.
    The tasting was nice - without charge, we tried their 5-top flavors with 2 filling types and were given 2 [not-so-small] sample cakes with 2 fillings of our choice to take home and try. Everything we tasted was great, and I love the ability to choose various flavors for different tiers of the cake, and well as design pretty much anything you want (though they do have a design idea book for those who don't wish to come up with their own design).
    Overall GREAT experience with no complaints! Plan to look into them for future events needing cake/cupcakes.

Sent on 06/21/2016

Lilly · Married on 06/05/2016

Our venue offered a cake as part of our catering package and so we went to the Master's Baker for a tasting before choosing a cake vendor to work with. We didn't need to go to any more places after the tasting! Everything was delicious and we picked out exactly what we wanted. They offered naked cakes (no fondant) which was very important to us and they were able to suggest simple decorative elements to go with our theme. On the day of the wedding, the cake showed up at our venue, no fuss. It was delicious the day of and we can't wait to get our one year anniversary cake to enjoy too!

Sent on 07/13/2016

Amy · Married on 06/04/2016

The staff was amazing, our cake was stunning! The website does not do a Justice! Such a cute and phenomenal bakery!

Sent on 06/08/2016

Tony · Married on 06/04/2016

Our wedding cake was absolutely beautiful and delicious! We wanted a cake that not only reflected our big day, but to also reflect how much we cared for our friends who were in attendance. You did not disappoint. Thanks so much for going above and beyond.

Tony Riley

Sent on 06/09/2016

Sara · Married on 06/04/2016

The Master’s Baker are not only phenomenal when it comes to flavor and texture, but they are truly skilled decorators and sculptures with the talent to create works of art. They were incredibly easy to work with and were not even phased when I changed my entire order two weeks before the wedding. I had thought I wanted cupcakes but when I saw the gorgeous cakes that they produced, I changed my mind! (you can see all the lovely cakes on their website!) And I’m so glad I did because they truly created a beautiful wedding cake for my special day! My guests were obsessed with the frosting and I’ve never seen so many empty dessert plates at the end of the night! They built all my favorite flavors into the tiers and I was blown away with how delicious and moist the cake was. They also created a “Hunt is Over” grooms cake with the most GORGEOUS hand painted and sculpted duck sitting on a lake. My husband has many friends and family members that are avid duck hunters and they were obsessed with the grooms cake - everyone wanted a picture with it!! I can’t even describe how beautiful the artwork on the cake was, I was completely speechless when I saw how stunning it looked! The colors were so vibrant and the detail was spectacular. The only downside was no one wanted to cut the cake to eat it because it was so pretty! I went to so many tastings at bakeries both around the corner and over an hour away, and Master’s Baker far exceeded them all. I am SO happy I chose them to create both the wedding and the grooms cake and I start just smiling every time I think about how delicious and beautiful the cakes were!!

Sent on 06/15/2016
  • W

William · Married on 05/28/2016

The Master's Baker was included in our caterer package with Sage Catering. They were accommodating when we requested cupcakes instead of cake and provided us with a specialized bride and groom cupcake. The cupcakes were a huge hit at the reception! Our guests were raving about the pina colada cupcake with vanilla frosting and the chocolate cupcake with oreo frosting - yum! I requested Master's Baker to use multiple cake stands and plates of different sizes for the cupcake display and they were more than happy to accommodate my request. I was very happy with their service and their product - a must use for further dessert needs!

Sent on 07/16/2016

Ron · Married on 05/22/2016

They prepared a special cake for us (a wedding dress cake), which was really a work of art. The large number of flavors they offered and the taste were excellent. They were very nice to work with and provided excellent service. Highly recommended!

Sent on 06/11/2016

Our wedding cake was presented as we had requested. It was thoroughly enjoyed by us as well as our guests. I would recommend this vendor.

Sent on 12/07/2016

Keith · Married on 05/21/2016

We had a special idea for our cake and brought a picture of what we wanted. It was square tiers, layered off-center and rotated. They were happy to accommodate, and the cake was picture perfect and delicious. They allowed us to choose different flavors for the different tiers, which was perfect because my wife and I liked different flavors. They were easy to work with and provided enough cake at the tasting for 4 of us. They were great! We spent about $200 on upgrades, but the cake itself was part of the package we got through the Crowne Plaza.

Sent on 06/15/2016

Erin · Married on 05/07/2016

Masters Baker--all I can say is WOW!! Our experience was beyond amazing with them. Our cake came with our package with our venue, and sometimes you may expect less than exceptional service because of that, but they treated us like royalty! You get an awesome tasting with them completed with 4-5 different flavors, and then they give you mini cakes to take home and try!! We were able to spend 1 hour with the cake decorator to give them our vision and even though we didn't give much information, they took our vision and made it a dream come true. I highly recommend getting the sugar flowers, as it wasn't much extra ($40) and they looked amazing scattered on each tier. And then the flavors!!! We chose strawberry swirl, vanilla with raspberry filling, chocolate with raspberry filling, and lemon with lemon filling. I have never had so many people compliment me on the taste of a cake. Our guests enjoyed it so much that there was barely any left at the end! The other great thing is they offer you a brand new top tier at your first anniversary so you don't have to try and freeze your cake and hope that it tastes good a year later. All in all, I would use Masters Baker for all of my cake needs from this point forward!!

Sent on 05/10/2016

Nancy · Married on 05/07/2016

Master Bakers was perfect. They bring you in to their new showroom which is decorated beautifully for a cake tasting and show you different designs to choose from.
    The cake and icing were delicious. Mint has a homemade taste. I can honestly say this is the first wedding cake that I have tasted where the icing was delicious and not sickening sweet. The fillings were excellent also. When the cake arrived it was beautifully decorated.

Sent on 05/17/2016

Adrienne · Married on 05/06/2016

We went with lemon raspberry. so good!! The tasting was so fun and our cake was gorgeous on our wedding day!

Sent on 05/30/2016
  • Vidi

Stephanie · Married on 04/29/2016

The Master's Baker is a great place to choose your cake! They've moved locations and their new spot is gorgeous and right in downtown West Chester. So I found that very convenient.

I went for a cake tasting with my mom and one of my best friends. They gave us several delicious flavors to try - I highly recommend the strawberry parfait.

They were easy to talk to, quick to respond, and when you go for your tasting they even give you 2 mini cakes to take home! Personally, I thought that was really unique.

Unfortunately, the day of the wedding, I was not feeling well so I really did not get to enjoy the cake, but I received nothing but good reviews from my guests. I'm looking forward to my anniversary when they provide a cake topper so that I get to enjoy the cake. However, when I had gone to my tasting and got to enjoy the cakes they were all very tasty. They have a list of really unique flavors so they're sure to please everyone!

The cake looked gorgeous. It was white with navy blue swirls and blush ribbon around each layer. They give you the choice of several cakes (when you book your venue at Downingtown Country Club) and the inclusions are extensive and all have a unique flair.

I would highly recommend this company and I'm sure I'll purchase baked goods from them in the future!

Sent on 05/14/2016

The location where I had my wedding included a wedding cake, which at first made me nervous since I couldn't shop around, however from the moment I went in for my tasting I knew I would be happy. I had a vision for my wedding cake, I showed a picture, and The Master's Baker made my cake exactly how I dreamed. Another great thing about this bakery is that on your one year anniversary, they give you a free cake! My wedding was great, but sadly the only cake I got to eat that night was the one we fed each other. Luckily, there was some cake left over that we could bring home, and it was still delicious the next day, and still a few days later! The only thing I'm sad about is that the one layer was gone so I didn't get to try it, though everyone who did said it was delicious! Thank you The Master's Baker!

Sent on 04/27/2016