The Master's Baker Reviews

The Master's Baker 4
The Master's Baker 5

Bailey 路 Married on 03/30/2019

At MB, you can have your 馃嵃 and eat it too 馃コ

We loved working with the Master鈥檚. The cake was delicious and they had tons of flavors for cakes and fillings. We gave them our cake toppers at the tasting and everything else was done for us. We were also able to get up to 4 different cake/filling combos for a 100 person wedding. Definitely would recommend! Also, they include a free cake for your 1 year anniversary so that you don鈥檛 have to do the whole freezing the top thing if you don鈥檛 want.

Sent on 06/25/2019

Sarah 路 Married on 03/23/2019

The cake was so good!

Our cake was amazing!! I was at two other weddings this year and the cakes were dry and not flavorful. Both cake flavors that we picked (chocolate and red velvet) were moist and delicious. The process from our first tasting to the day of the wedding was so smooth with Grace and the Master's Baker team. I had a general vision for the cake but Grace really helped me bring it together. Our cake was so elegant. Our guests loved it! Grace was also very responsive to all of my questions and changes that I wanted to make as we went along. I would highly recommend and I cannot wait for our one year anniversary to have this amazing cake again!

Sent on 04/04/2019

Jennifer 路 Married on 03/02/2019

My gothic wedding cake

I fell in love with this cake when I saw it. I asked them for gothic scroll work and to have fun with it and they did. The cake was so moist and tasted amazing. We had the chocolate and chocolate chip cake with vanilla buttercream and cannoli filling. It was beyond amazing. Everyone loved it at the wedding. There wasnt any for us to take home, aside from our top tier. I cannot wait to get more cake from them in the future.

The Master's Baker 6
    Sent on 03/15/2019

Dea Vlahos 路 Married on 01/12/2019

Beautiful and Delicious Cake!

Our wedding cake was both delicious and beautiful! We ordered a two tier cake and a sheet cake. We loved that we were able to chose three flavors of cake for each of these! It allowed our guests to receive a flavor of cake that they all would enjoy. Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/27/2019

ERICA 路 Married on 12/29/2018

Absolutely delicious!

Our cake was delicious and they send you a free one at your first year anniversary!!

Sent on 01/15/2019

Mairead 路 Married on 12/28/2018

Delicious!

The Master's Baker was extremely professional and pleasant to work with - we chose a small red velvet cake to cut and had miniature pies for the reception. Everything was delicious and beautiful!

Sent on 01/11/2019
  • Megan

Megan Small 路 Married on 11/10/2018

Cake tasted as good as it looked!

Such a yummy cake! They made it so pretty too! I loved our initials on it and the way it looked like it was carved into a tree! The cake tasting was so fun as well! Can't wait to eat the top on our anniversary! Thank you!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Laura 路 Married on 10/27/2018

Our wedding cake and dessert table were amazing!

So happy we decided to go with The Master's Baker!!! They were so easy to work with from the tasting to the day of our wedding. Grace was wonderful, I had a million questions and she responded to each one so quickly. We planned our wedding from out of state, which was a bit stressful at times, but this was one vendor I NEVER had to worry about. We got our wedding cake from them (which was beautiful!), as well as a bunch of their other mini desserts which were all so delicious. I absolutely recommend them!

Sent on 11/02/2018
  • Julia

Julia 路 Married on 10/27/2018

Easy to work with

Master's Baker was the bakery that our venue used so it was easy to choose them! Our cake was delicious and beautiful. The woman we met with was very helpful and patient in picking out our cake, I changed my mind of course about 10x and she made it all work out beautifully!

Sent on 11/09/2018

Assia 路 Married on 10/13/2018

Beautiful AND Delicious!

We somehow managed to cross paths with Master's Baker when our venue that provided our wedding cake announced their baker had quit. Apparently they signed a new cake contract with the master's baker and we couldn't have been more pleased! The tasting was very informative and easy. Our consultant listened to our ideas and made sure to jot them down on our contract. We had to pay a little extra for the decorations but it was absolutely worth it! The cake came out amazing, and tasted just as good as it looked! We would recommend this shop to everyone! I've seen a few negative reviews on the site calling the cakes "dry", but you need to keep in mind - this is no ordinary cake - it's closer to a pound cake. We honestly wouldn't have it any other way! We can't wait to stop by on our anniversary to get another delicious taste of our cake! :)

Sent on 10/19/2018

Hayley 路 Married on 10/12/2018

Easy to work with!

Lucky enough that our venue was contracted with The Master's Baker. They were easy to work with and guests loved the cake!

The Master's Baker 7
    Sent on 01/18/2019

Marci Fornari 路 Married on 10/07/2018

the best cake/gluten free cake!

We absolutely loved working with Master's Baker for our wedding cake! They are so professional and make the whole process extremely fun and delicious. The tasting was one of our favorite parts of wedding planning! Master's was also extremely accommodating. They allowed us to choose different flavors for each of our tiers, which was great because there was so many yummy flavors to choose from. The cake was absolutely stunning, beyond anything I could have imagined. It was 5 tiers or elegance and perfection, and it somehow tasted even better than it looked! Moreover, they were so wonderful about having a small gluten free cake for us to cut into so that I could partake in the fun. They even have different gluten free flavors/icings to choose from which was so fun for someone who usually does not have options. The best part is that they make you a fresh cake on your anniversary so that you can enjoy the deliciousness all over again! You will not be disappointed if you choose Master's Baker!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Davidah 路 Married on 09/29/2018

The bakers here are amazing and professional, from the cake tasting to helping us form our vision. Very talented individuals and the cake quality and taste AMAZING! Definitely will be referring others to them and eating their cakes again.

Sent on 10/13/2018

Ed Spangler 路 Married on 09/29/2018

Delicious Cake and Even Better People!

Our venue included our cake with our package and The Master鈥檚 Baker was one of the bakers we could choose. I鈥檓 going to start with the actual cake and tasting. It is absolutely amazing! There are so many flavors, fillings, and buttercreams to choose from and everything we tasted was delicious. They were so easy to get in touch with and to schedule a tasting with. The woman we met with walked us through the whole design process and showed us plenty of inspiration pictures and examples to help us determine exactly what we wanted. As for the bakery itself, the space where you do your tasting is so cozy and elegant. They have many different example cakes and stands for you to look at in person which was so helpful.

Our cake the day of was absolutely stunning. It was everything we had discussed and it was so amazing. I personally don鈥檛 like fondant at all and they were more than happy to use buttercream for the whole thing. When discussing this, they made sure to explain the difference in texture between the two so that I knew what to expect. I loved how they were happy to do the buttercream but still took the time to make sure I knew exactly what it would look like. All of the detail work on our cake was stunning and it was absolutely delicious.

One additional note, I went to a different wedding about 1.5 years before my own and they also used The Master鈥檚 Baker for their cake and it was just as delicious then so this speaks to their consistency. I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 11/08/2018
  • Christine

Christine 路 Married on 09/22/2018

Excellent cake, excellent experience all around!

Grace at Master's Baker was so easy to work with and was helpful from start to finish. We were planning a wedding from out of town and only had a few weekends where we'd be around West Chester to taste cake. We weren't able to get an appointment to go into the store to taste (apparently these book out months in advance), but they let us pick up three different kinds of cake, three icings, and three fillings to taste at home!

Once we knew what kind of cake we wanted I just sent in a picture to Grace and they delivered! I asked them to use an inspiration photo of a round cake (photo attached) but to make it square (actual MB cake photo attached). They got pretty on point with the design and the cake tasted great as well!

Lastly, Master's Baker coordinated directly with our venue to deliver the cake. I didn't have to do anything! So convenient.

Sent on 11/11/2018

Angela Booth 路 Married on 09/15/2018

What a Cake!

We ended up using The Masters Baker through our event venue, though, in hind-sight we almost certainly would have used them anyway. They made the planning super easy and handled most of our consultations over the phone, which, with all the other meetings we had leading up to the day, made scheduling so much easier. Grace helped us with our face-to-face planning and tasting. She was very knowledgeable and answered all of our questions and helped us put together a beautiful cake. We also had them prepare donuts for us as our favor. We ordered 20 dozen donuts of eight different flavors and the order was flawless. At the end of the night, there were six donuts left! Our guests LOVED them and our cake. We will absolutely be back for their services.

Sent on 11/09/2018
  • Emily

Emily 路 Married on 09/08/2018

Amazing Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was perfect and we were very picky! We looked at several vendors and went with the Master's Baker. Grace met with us in person then was so responsive with every question and change. The cake was beautiful, tasted amazing, and got so many compliments. I would highly recommend them!

The Master's Baker 8
    Sent on 05/30/2019

Robert bowers 路 Married on 09/01/2018

Wedding cake masters!

We recommend The Masters Baker. Our wedding was the be day of our life and we loved the cake we chose. They are cake masters!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Tanya 路 Married on 08/18/2018

Exactly what I wanted

Their cakes are so delicious! I saw a picture online of the exact cake I wanted down to the colors. The masters bakery gave me exactly what I asked for! It was 4 tier and each tier was a different flavor. Talk about delicious! Best wedding cake I ever had.

Sent on 01/13/2019
  • Justine

Justine 路 Married on 08/11/2018

My wedding package from the Mendenhall Inn included a cake from The Master's Baker, and I'm so glad it did! My cake was exactly what I wanted and so delicious!! Mike and I worked with Grace who was an absolute pleasure to work with!! I also had small cupcake towers as my center pieces which where amazing! They worked with me to help make sure my ideas were brought to life. Highly recommended!!

The Master's Baker 9
    The Master's Baker 10
    Sent on 08/20/2018

Brittany 路 Married on 07/28/2018

The Master's Baker created a lactose free wedding cake for our wedding to accommodate for my lactose intolerance. It was delicious and beautiful, and helped to make our day extra special. Thank you for accommodating us and for making a truly amazing cake!

Sent on 08/24/2018

Allison 路 Married on 07/07/2018

The Master's Baker was an excellent bake shop to work with for our wedding. Everything from the tasting to the actual cake on our big day was so easy and hassle free. The tasting was so personal and provided access to so many different flavors for us to try. Our actual cake at our reception was incredible. People could not stop commenting on how rich and flavorful the cake was. We chose chocolate and funfetti for our wedding cake, but the myriad of choices provided at the tasting will give you almost any option you could hope for. We highly recommend The Master's Baker for your wedding cake!

Sent on 08/03/2018

Chris 路 Married on 06/16/2018

We worked with Leighanne at the Master's Baker for our wedding cake in June. My wife and I had an unusual request for them as we are not the biggest fans of traditional wedding cakes, but we are definitely huge fans of ice cream cake. When presented with the idea of doing an ice cream wedding cake, Leighanne was very enthusiastic and helpful with making our dream cake a realization. The Master's Baker was able to put together a few different varieties of gelato cake for us (complete with those wonderful cookie crunchies that everyone loves!) for our wedding, and all of the cakes were delicious! Leighanne was very professional throughout the entire process, and we would definitely recommend the Master's Baker to anyone!

Sent on 07/17/2018

Deanna 路 Married on 06/09/2018

The cake is amazing! Our expectations of wedding cakes were exceeded with The Master's Baker. Having been to many weddings we thought we knew what cakes were and I have to say we were surprised. Our cake was delicious, light, airy and overall amazing! We could not have asked for more helpful staff during the tasting to a more delicious cake for our wedding and we can't wait until next year when we get to eat the top!

Sent on 07/11/2018

Matt 路 Married on 06/08/2018

Used them for our wedding cake and groom cake and they both came out amazing! They were so easy to work with and put my vision to life! The cakes were delicious!

Sent on 06/12/2018