9 Reviews for The Mark Novak Band

Ceremony (1)
Instrumentals (1)
Vocals (1)
9 The Mark Novak Band Reviews

We highly recommend the Mark Novak Band! They are so flexible and can play a wide range of music. They learned several new songs to play at our wedding. We had such a positive experience working with them beforehand, and they added so much fun and energy to our special day.

Profile Picture User5033911, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Learning New Songs, Reception, Microphones, Sound/PA System

If you are looking for a Jewish Band that also plays America music this is the band for you. We used Mark Novak Band for our first daughter's wedding and just used them for our second daughter's wedding. The guests can't stop talking about how good the band is. They brought so much energy and were just amazing. The nice thing is that all the members of the band play both the Jewish and American music so they can switch back and forth, even within music sets. The leader, Mark Novak, is truly a gem of a person. He actually served as our cantor for the wedding also - truly versatile! This band had the Jewish and non Jewish guests rocking the entire night. I highly recommend this band!

Profile Picture User6362930, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Band

Mark Novak’s band played at our 50th wedding anniversary party in November, 2015. The party was structured similar to a wedding, with 130 guests. My husband and I both agree that the band made the event. They were just great. A few weeks before the event, we chose songs from the band’s playlist on the web and discussed the choices with Mark. He had some helpful suggestions for additions. We also wanted a few songs that were not on their playlist, and Mark readily agreed to play those.
Mark was great at encouraging people to get up and dance, which created a warm, friendly, and enthusiastic ambiance for our celebration. Many of our guests complimented the band. He also handled beautifully a birthday celebration for a young cousin in the midst of the party. There is no way to say enough positive things about the way the band worked out for the party. Highest kudos.

Profile Picture Iris, 11/28/15, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, Reception, Vocals
2.6

While they are a very good band and everything came together nicely in the end, they were very difficult to work with. The band leader seemed very flexible when we first spoke, and stated that they were open to learning new songs, closer to the wedding he started contradicting himself, saying tat he couldn't learn specific songs and trying to tell me how the music should be. He was exceptionally rude to all of the people who tried talking to him on my behalf.
If you are prepared to be rude back, go for it, but unless you won't back down, they are not the right band for you

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User5420507, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Band

If you want quality Jewish music and excellent American music, Mark Novak is the band for you. I am a rabbi and my husband is a musician, so we had pretty high standards on both counts. But for a decade, I have had friends working with Mark's band, such that before I actually met my husband, I was pretty sure that Mark was my bashert (destined) wedding band leader. We loved him so much that we brought his band up to Boston from DC, and it was well worth it. We had numerous people tell us they were the best wedding band they had ever heard.

Mark is the sweetest person ever, and extremely enthusiastic about making our wedding music just right for us. For example, Mark was happy to have my husband's musician friends sit in for a set with the band, worked with my dad to play along while my dad sang cute songs he wrote for us, and learned new music that we emailed him to play as we walked down the aisle. Mark is also an awesome MC, who does a great job of managing the pace and flow of the day, keeping people dancing when they were supposed to be dancing, getting people quiet for toasts, etc. He also was cool about playing more quietly during the eating times so that people could have conversations.

Profile Picture Margie, 6/23/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

My wedding guests are still talking about how amazing the band was --- 3 months later. Just about everyone we run into first tells us how lovely our wedding was and then they say how much they loved the band. Mark was so easy to work with.

We were looking for a band that could play mainstream wedding music (contemporary, rock etc.) as well as traditional simcha music. The band even learned a few special songs we requested - at the last minute! They played a wide variety of music (50s through recent top 40) which was perfectly appropriate for our diverse crowd.

The Mark Novak Band kept the party moving and set the perfect tone for both the ceremony and the reception. Mark is clearly experienced and made very helpful suggestions when I was not sure about music and flow.

The Mark Novak Band added so much joy, celebration, and fun to our day! I hope they are available for Bar/Bat Mitzvahs of our yet-to-be-born children.

I feel so lucky to have found this incredible band!

Profile Picture Meredith, 3/17/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Band

Worked with us to provide the musicians and songs that we wanted, both for the Jewish as well as the secular music. Provided wonderful talent, spirit and energy and very responsive to the energy of our guests. Fun and easy to work with. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Nina, 9/6/09, 6 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Mark was a pleasure to work with, and we got many many comments about what a great job his band did!!!! For anyone looking for a mix of really great Jewish music and really great wedding band music, Mark is an amazing option. Talking to him on the phone always made me smile--he is friendly and energetic and has lots of great ideas. He helped us plan the entire schedule of the wedding, and he made the wedding flow. The music was fabulous--people were dancing all night long. He got almost every single person up on the dance floor!! I would recommend Mark again in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Rachel, 7/13/08, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

He is just simply the best. That is it.

Profile Picture Notia, 8/28/05, 1 Review