The Marilyn Johnson Sewing Design Studio, LLC Reviews

4 | Laurel, MD

4 Reviews for The Marilyn Johnson Sewing Design Studio, LLC

Shiela · Married on 12/03/2017

I bought a dress off the rack. It was beautiful and fit perfectly on the top however, i'm too short and it was very, very, very long for me. The bridal shop told me that the only way to get it shorter is to cut from the middle because all the beading is on the bottom of the dress. They recommended a place but my conversations with that company over the phone was not very satisfactory and the place was too far for me. I searched around my area and found The Marilyn Johnson Studio. She had really good reviews so I took my chance and scheduled my appointment with her. My dress had something like 8 layers inside that I did not know about. I knew it was going to be a real pain cutting from the middle and making each layer shorter. When I went to my last fitting, I felt so beautiful. The dress fit me perfectly. Marilyn and her team really did a great job.

Sent on 03/28/2018

Jessica · Married on 08/08/2015

Met Marilyn at Brides Against Breast Cancer event where I purchase a BEAUTIFUL dress that needed significant alteration (hemming, realigning of skirt and train, Lots of bead work). Marilyn made my dress fit perfectly and it was stunning on the big day! Can't thank her enough and have since recommended to several friends!

Sent on 04/17/2016

Melissalynn · Married on 05/03/2014

My dress fit almost perfect off the rack so I did not need much alterations. I made the appointment to have a belt/sash added to my dress, modesty panel extended and three bustle points. Ruby the receptionist is very sweet and goes out of the way to make clients as comfortable as possible. I initially met with Brittany amd she was so nice. She was very helpful and knowledgeable about how to make my dress fit my body perfectly. My next two fittings were with Marilyn herself and she was an absolute pleasure to work with. They did a phenomenal job with my dress. It fit me like a glove and the way they added the bustle points made it look like the dress was never altered. Absolutely perfect! I looked like a princess! I would definitely recommend Marilyn Johnson and her staff and will return for any future alterations.

Sent on 05/23/2014

The Marilyn Johnson Sewing Design Studio, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much for your lovely review; we loved working with you!!

Alicia · Married on 07/28/2017

My dress required a challenging alteration and Marilyn's expertise and flexibility was second to none! She made my dress fit perfectly!

Sent on 08/26/2017