The Mansion on Turner Hill Reviews

The Mansion on Turner Hill 2
The Mansion on Turner Hill 3

Caitlin · Married on 07/31/2010

3.0

Turner Hill was an absolutely beautiful location. The whole day my guests kept commenting on how they felt like they were in a page from the novel, The Great Gatsby. It was a perfect location for an outdoor wedding with an indoor reception. The only thing is that they only have one catering option, which I would have liked to stray from.

Sent on 08/17/2010

Alyson · Married on 05/30/2009

Turner Hill is an amazing place to get married. I'd highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great estate environment, with a charming outdoor ceremony site. Last summer the mansion was updated and I was delighted with how they preserved the historic quality and added modern ammenities (ie. new bathrooms!). A must see.

Sent on 08/02/2009

Julia · Married on 09/09/2017

I absolutely love Turner Hill. We had our wedding there this past September and it's a gorgeous, timeless venue. What I like most about the venue is how you have access to the entire property--something I realized was quite rare after visiting other estates. The mansion itself is gorgeous, as is the tent (where we had dinner due to size of our guest count--we had about 185 people). I love that dancing happens inside the mansion ballroom too--it makes it extra special.

Carol was amazing, but as others have noted, I did feel she was hard to get hold of at times. She is a one-woman show however, so I was patient, understanding she probably had multiple weddings every weekend leading up to ours since it's peak season. The only other hiccup that occurred was many of our decorations ended up being tossed by cleaning. There was a miscommunication as to what was ours and what was our hired vendors.

I highly recommend Turner Hill. People were blown away by its beauty and amazed such a hidden gem was in Ipswich (especially when everyone thinks of Crane Estate as the only mansion in town). My only caveat for future brides/grooms is to consider the size of this venue. As I mentioned before, there is A LOT of ground to cover since you have access to the entire mansion, which means a lot of decorations (flowers, candles and/or whatever other details you might want to include). I was excited for the challenge and the outcome is definitely worth the work, but it can certainly be overwhelming during the planning process.

Sent on 11/15/2017

Eva · Married on 07/20/2018

3.0

My husband and I got married this past July, 2018. The venue is absolutely stunning and very accommodating to any needs. We were able to use the mansion and the tent for our wedding of 150. We worked with outside vendors to coordinate our very special day. If you are looking for a venue that is more hands on with your planning then Turner Hill may not be for you. Carol, our coordinator, responded to our questions but was at times confusing or unhelpful. Since we were willing to put in the work for our day it was well worth it. Kristin the catering manager was INCREDIBLE on the day of the wedding. Not only did she fix my bustle, wish me luck down the aisle, or have gluten free cupcakes ready for my best friend's birthday but she also made sure her staff was on point and solved all the small hiccups that arose. Overall, with the work we put in to coordinate our wedding, Turner Hill was an absolute dream place for our amazing day!

Sent on 09/18/2018

Heather · Married on 09/23/2011

We were so happy that we chose Turner Hill. The venue is beautiful and they made sure that everything ran smoothly the day of the wedding.

Sent on 01/10/2012

Rachel · Married on 08/10/2018

3.6
      2.5

Turner Hill is breathtaking, let me say. It was the perfect venue for our wedding. The ceremony outdoor space is green and gorgeous, the tent is so classy and has flooring and chandeliers on dimmers, and the mansion is spectacular. Our guests raved about our venue. However, our experience with the coordinator, Carol, was less than spectacular. Take my advice- if you are planning on getting married here hire a wedding planner.

In the months leading up to our wedding- I reached out to the coordinator. She did not once initiate an email unless is was payment related. I felt like I was just another bride and just another wedding in her laundry list of other brides and weddings.
    Fast forward to our rehearsal dinner. The AC was turned off in the mansion and my 88 year old grandma was going to have a heart attack. She rushed up through the entire rehearsal, and once she lined us up, she basically said to the rabbi "ok you finish up". I would hardly call this coordinating. The whole thing was rushed.

The wedding day- when we arrived to the mansion she barked at me and the bridal party for having champagne in the suite. She lined up everyone for the ceremony and then the next time I saw her was legit when she came up to me in the middle of the wedding to tell me everything needs to be cleaned up by 9am the next day...um excuse me??

She did not check on us at all during the wedding, the catering coordinator did all that. Also, we had a band and I saw them waiting in line for the buffet. I was livid, our coordinator should have pulled them out of line to eat first. Our photographer never ate.
    Carol left in the middle of our wedding. I found out from the florist she was going to come tell me that our chuppah needs to be taken down and the florist begged her not to bother me, our florist ended up taking it down early in the am.

We have yet to receive a "congrats" email. Radio silence...

Moral of the story- hire a wedding planner if you get married here!!!

Sent on 08/16/2018

Lauren · Married on 10/14/2017

3.6
      3.5

We loved our venue - soooo beautiful. The day ended up being pretty perfect. However, I would say that we wanted a few changes from what Turner Hill was used to which caused a little friction, but in the end we were able to get it and it all worked out!

Sent on 10/21/2017