The Mansion on Turner Hill Reviews

57 Reviews for The Mansion on Turner Hill

The Mansion on Turner Hill 1
The Mansion on Turner Hill 2
The Mansion on Turner Hill 3

The Mansion on Turner Hill was the PERFECT place to have our wedding. It was so elegant and people kept asking us how we found it!
    We got married in August – so our dinner portion of the evening was in the tent that is connected to the mansion and dancing was in the ballroom. Our guests loved how there were two areas of our wedding and we were not in one place all night—not to mention, your guests have access to the whole first floor of the mansion!
    Carol, the wedding coordinator at the mansion was truly amazing to work with. She was so professional and came up with some great suggestions for us as we continued down the wedding planning process path. She was open to our “new” ideas and easily accommodated for what we wanted. I can’t thank Carol enough for all of her work on our wedding.
    Vinwood catering was also OUTSTANDING. Vinwood is the caterer for the mansion and they were on top of everything the night of our wedding and kept my husband and I in the loop on what time it was what still had to be done, etc. It was so helpful to have Kristin there helping us along the way that night, she did an amazing job.
    I would HIGHLY recommend the Mansion on Turner Hill for a classic, elegant wedding that offers so many different landscapes for photos and an enjoyable atmosphere for guests—it was truly magical and I can’t wait to go back and visit for our anniversaries. Thank you Carol!!!

Sent on 09/15/2015

Hali · Married on 07/24/2015

I honestly cannot think of a better place to have a wedding! My day was absolutely perfect, the ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, the food, the drinks...EVERYTHING!!! Everyone at turner hill and who they conduct business with (vinwood) were top notch. The venue is so beautiful on its own that decorations are not even needed. My guests are still raving about how beautiful the venue was and how delicious the food was. I cannot thank everyone at turner hill and vinwood enough, you made my wedding a huge success!!!

Sent on 08/02/2015

Colleen · Married on 06/14/2015

Had the most beautiful June wedding at Turner Hill! Best experience with Carol, she was fantastic! The whole experience was stress-free, Carol had everything covered and anything I requested she made happen! The grounds, mansion, and tent were all stunning and I received so many compliments from my guests! It was a truly magical day! Would totally use them again if I needed to :)

Sent on 07/20/2015

Karen · Married on 05/30/2015

We were so pleased that the Mansion on Turner Hill extended their winter rates all the way through the end of May this year, so that we could indulge in this exquisite venue. Not only are the grounds and architecture like something out of a fairy tale, but the venue provides you with a list of vendors that are most skilled at their crafts. This allowed the process to go very smoothly for us (especially considering that we had only 6 months to plan the wedding!) Carol, the coordinator, was there to answer any and all questions that we had. She was impeccably competent and a joy to work with. I can honestly say that the day of our wedding was seamless.

Sent on 07/08/2015
  • Now I'm Mrs. L

Crystal · Married on 04/25/2015

I knew from the moment I first laid eyes on Turner Hill that it was the place I was going to be married. Carol was very warm and accommodating to all of our needs throughout our entire wedding process. She accommodated an additional tour for my mother in law who was unable to make it to our first meeting, allowed us to book two years early at an off season discounted rate, made sure my husband and I were set up with a catering tasting, she accommodated an open bar request we added on last minute, and she even took the time to answer my questions when she was on vacation ! Day of, everything ran perfectly. She had two separate ceremony spaces set up because it was a bit cloudy outside, and rain was a possibility. I am so lucky to have found Turner Hill, and would recommended this hidden gem to anyone looking to have an upscale wedding.

Sent on 09/01/2015

Maria · Married on 12/07/2014

The Mansion stole our hearts from the moment we walked in. Elegance, class, stunning atmosphere and absolutely breathtaking for both our ceremony, and our reception. Our wedding coordinator, Carol, was amazing! Extremely responsive, sweet, patient and kind, helpful in every way possible, Carol made all our wishes come true. I would highly recommend using this venue for your wedding.

Sent on 01/07/2015

Devin · Married on 08/23/2014

Having our ceremony & reception at Turner Hill was like a fairytale! If you are looking for a breathtaking venue for your special day - look no further ! The difference with this venue compared to others in the area is you have the whole estate to yourself for the whole night . Other venues you can only use either outdoors or indoors, or there is another wedding taking place at the same time. This place has the "Wow factor " from the second you pull in and see it from a distance. The staff is magnificent, prompt and puts you at ease, the catering company they use ( Vinwood) is just as amazing, and you can't go wrong with the estate. If it's in your budget, this is the place !

Sent on 09/06/2014

Wow! I wish to extend my sincere praise and appreciation to the folks at Turner Hill. The memories of my son’s wedding will be cherished by our family and friends. The event exceeded my expectation of a beautiful ceremony and reception. In all phases of planning and execution we received exemplary personal and professional services. Congratulations to Carol and her staff. Thank you for your care and guidance. We trusted Turner Hill with one of the most important events in the lives of my family and they excelled.

Sent on 10/05/2014

Heather · Married on 07/03/2014

I had my wedding at the Mansion and Turner Hill and it was nothing short of perfect. Turner Hill is an absolute must for anyone looking to have an elegant, classic and memorable venue. The Mansion itself is straight out of the Great Gatsby and needs absolutely no decorations or additional decor as everything is grand, tasteful and architecturally stunning. And when you book the venue, you have the use of the entire mansion, not just one boxy room. The grounds are on a golf course and the outdoor prayer garden will give you a serene garden setting for your ceremony. My guests were absolutely stunned by the beauty and grandeur of our venue and several remarked it was the best wedding venue that had ever been to.
    Carol, the coordinator at Turner Hill, is the utmost professional and had every detail planned and organized. She is so calm and reassuring, a couple need not worry about any part of the wedding. She is very protective of the Mansion but never hesitates to offer suggestions on making the most of your event. A couple is in very competent and capable hands with Carol.
    I could never properly put into words how grateful I am to Carol and the whole staff at Turner Hill, including Vinwood Catering (also a five-star vendor), for making my wedding the best and most wonderful day of my life. My wedding was perfect, thanks to them.

Sent on 07/19/2014

Justine · Married on 06/28/2014

Carol Travers was so helpful and made every step of planning so much easier. She is such a pleasure and the entire day was just amazing- great food, amazing staff and the grounds are stunning.

Sent on 10/05/2014

Robert and Janice · Married on 06/28/2014

Our daughter was married on Saturday, 28 June, 2014. She and her husband along with @ 200 guests enjoyed the MOST memorable evening at the Mansion at Turner Hill in Ipswich!!! Everything was absolutely spectacular! Carol Travers was the wedding event planner, and we can only say magnificent things about her. She is very personable, knowledgeable, professional, etc. etc. She helped us through every decision regarding the wedding reception, and was extremely helpful with every detail of the evening. I would HIGHLY recommend The Mansion at Turner Hill as a spot for a very memorable wedding, and most definitely would recommend Carol Travers as the best wedding event planner ever~!!

Sent on 10/10/2014

Words cannot describe how gorgeous The Mansion on Turner Hill is. I just had my wedding there and it was everything I could have asked for and more. The grounds and mansion are beautiful and impeccably maintained. I had friends describe it as "Beauty and the Beast" like. Carol Travers, the Director of the Mansion and weddings was wonderful - she was quick to respond and so sweet and helpful. You could not have been in better hands. All I can say is I LOVE LOVE LOVE this place!

Sent on 03/19/2014

Kaitlyn · Married on 04/20/2013

We just had our wedding at Turner Hill Mansion. When I tell you it was a dream come true, it comes from a genuine and grateful place. Carol Travers, was a fairy God Mother, making the whole experience easy, fun, and engaging. The grounds are kept in perfect condition, the tent is lovely with a teek dance floor, and the main ball room is open with refurnished wood floors, a vast fireplace and huge windows that open to a stone patio. If you are looking for a venue that has come out of a fairytale, Turner Hill is the place for you! Thank you Carol xo

Sent on 04/23/2013
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 09/24/2011

Turner Hill was a gorgeous place to get married. Carol (the event coordinator) is a pro. She coordinates the day perfectly and knows exactly what is going on with everything at all times. It takes the stress off!

Sent on 10/04/2011

Lauren · Married on 11/06/2010

Turner Hill is breathtaking. Although its on a golf course, it might be one of the most romantic places to get married. Our ceremony was inside and was beautiful. The cocktail hour was held in the main ballroom and the reception was in the 3 season tent. Carol, the coordinator is such a professional, we didn't have to worry about a thing.

Sent on 12/13/2010

Kalley · Married on 08/24/2018

Our wedding at the Mansion on Turner Hill was on 8/24/2018, and everything was perfect! Carol, the coordinator was amazing to work with throughout the whole process, and our day-of coordinator Kristin was just as lovely. They truly made our day special.

The grounds of the mansion are perfect for a wedding, we lucked out with perfect weather and being able to use the patio for cocktail hour was great. The ceremony area was what made me choose this venue to begin with, it is breathtaking, and everyone loved the inside of the mansion. I was nervous with the flow of dinner in the tent and dancing inside, but it was not a problem at all! After dinner everyone moved inside quickly. The library hosted one of the bars, all of our desserts, and the photo booth so this room was a huge hit, and the dance floor is right near by as well.

Highly recommend Turner Hill as a venue, and highly recommend the staff, everyone was amazing to work with!

Sent on 10/07/2018

Amy · Married on 10/13/2017

Turner Hill is the most gorgeous venue, and the staff are absolutely fantastic. I first fell in love with the place when we visited last December, which almost convinced me to plan a winter wedding instead of an autumn one — the decorations were stunning. Ultimately we stuck with fall, and it was beautiful. We had the ceremony onsite, and thankfully it was a beautiful autumn day and we were able to have it outside. However, the inside space is gorgeous as well, and I wouldn't have been that upset had the weather not cooperated!

Carol took over for our original wedding coordinator who changed jobs, but the transition was smooth and after reading all the reviews about Carol I felt very much at ease about the switch. She was responsive, informative, and clearly very experienced and knowledgable.

My wedding ended up being pretty small with some last-minute cancellations (total around 70 people – the minimum for Friday is 75). However, Carol worked with us and was able to accomodate changes to seating and the dining plan.

Not only is the space stunning, but you actually get quite a good value for the cost at Turner Hill, with access to the dining hall, bridal chamber, groom's room, library, and outside patio. They use Vinwood Catering (fantastic) which provides all the dining staff, bartenders, tables and chairs, linens, glassware etc etc... all details I did not want to deal with getting separately. It's really an all-inclusive venue.

I honesty can't think of anything I would change. The day went perfectly thanks to the staff at Turner Hill and Vinwood Caterers (which is a whole other 5 star review)!

Sent on 11/06/2017

One of the best weddings I have ever attended. Well run, great food, even better people. Not to mention the mansion is beautiful. Adds a great feel to the atmosphere!

Sent on 10/03/2014

Anna · Married on 09/22/2018

We got married last weekend at Turner Hill and loved every second of our day. Carol, our day-of coordinator, was so helpful and organized (plus she always had on the most stylish outfits - we love you Carol!). My mom and I really appreciated her attention to detail. In every meeting we had with her, Carol would take careful notes and review them continually leading up to the wedding. We knew we were in great hands.

The mansion itself is gorgeous. Throughout the day, you move from the gardens, to the outdoor cocktail hour, to the tent, and back into the mansion for dancing. Our guests loved the flow of the day and all the different spaces in the mansion to explore. We also enjoyed not having to worry about another wedding in the same venue - Turner Hill does not double book, you have the whole place to yourselves.

Another great thing about Turner Hill is the rain plan. If it rained (and it didn't on our day), I felt completely confident that the wedding would be just as beautiful. The rain plan is to get married in the mansion and have me (the bride) walk down the winding steps to the ballroom. Took a lot off my mind to know that weather was not a concern for my big day.

Last but not least was Vinwood caterers. I had heard they were the best catering company on the North Shore and they certainly lived up to our expectations. The food was phenomenal!!! Our guests raved about it. The Vinwood dining room manager, Kristin Smith, was such a professional and helped move the event along seamlessly. She kept us on track in terms of saying hi to all of the guest tables before dancing (and made sure we ate too!). The food was also timed perfectly. Not a bad note to be found. I will recommend Vinwood to all my friends and family.

Sent on 09/24/2018
  • FutureMrsStark

Kristine · Married on 08/09/2014

Everything was wonderful! Everyone working at Turner Hill that day took my vision and turned it into reality! I wish I could relive that day all over again!

Sent on 08/31/2014

We fell in love with Turner Hill the minute we stepped on the grounds. Carol, our wedding coordinator was a true pleasure to work with through the entire planning process and beyond. She was prompt in responding to every little question I had along the way. Our ceremony was held in the gardens and then dinner in the tent with dancing in the mansion afterwards. We still receive so many compliments on the venue, the service and the food. Highly recommend Turner Hill - it is worth the investment.

Sent on 11/12/2012

Jami · Married on 06/30/2018

Turner Hill helped make my wedding dreams come true. Carol, the wedding coordinator, is a veteran in the business and clearly knew what she was doing which made me feel beyond comfortable and confident everything would go smoothly, which it did! Kristin, the dining room manager was fabulous. She kept the night moving and let my husband and I know where we should be and when, without making us feel any pressure or getting hectic. Everything was so organized and the whole night flowed so nicely. The venue is gorgeous and people could not stop talking about how beautiful the setting was. It was a perfect day and the venue, Carol, Kristin and all staff helped make that happen!!!

Sent on 07/16/2018

3.5

We had our wedding at the Mansion at Turner Hill in July - our wedding was fairly large with 212 guests, and was indoor-outdoor. The Mansion, ceremony area, party tent, gardens and yard surrounding it are absolutely stunning. Everything is well maintained and clean (bathrooms, hallways etc.). Everyone commented on how beautiful the venue was. The setup is great - we had our ceremony outside, where there are benches for seating and we also added chairs for more seats (the benches seat I think about 150 guests) - the cocktail hour was in the ballroom, dinner was in the tent, and dancing was in the ballroom. There is so much space for the guests to roam around - those who want to talk in a more quiet spot can go to the library or Alabaster dining room - the dancers can stay in the ballroom - and also people can sit outside behind the mansion. Dessert was served as a buffet in the library. We also had a kids party simultaneously as the ceremony/dinner in the smoking room (groom's room) - it was so nice that Turner Hill was so accommodating so that the kids (16 of them - with 3 babysitters) could be taken care of just off the main party area so that their parents could enjoy the wedding.
    Everything went fantastically and smoothly the day of the wedding. Prior to the wedding in the weeks before, Carol Travers, the wedding coordinator, was available to help out with all of our planning via email and phone. Initially it was a bit difficult (hence the 4.7/5 stars) getting in touch with her for looking at the venue and having some questions answered (emailed or called and didn't hear back for several days) - but once we were signed up, she was there to help us every step of the way and always quick to respond. She was calm and on the ball with every detail and everything went perfectly on our wedding day.

It is also worth noting that depending on the size of your guest list and the season, you may or may not have an indoor/outdoor wedding and/or the events may be held in different spaces of the mansion - this is something you would discuss with Carol when you go to see the venue. The great news is that if the weather is bad you can have the entire thing inside and the mansion is beautiful. While we were hoping for good weather and ended up with it, it is also safe and good to know you can have something completely inside if need be - you have a backup plan. Also, the price is very reasonable compared to other places in the area (i.e. Crane Estate - much more expensive and can't accommodate as large a wedding). Also, the mansion is air conditions, and the Crane Estate isn't - important when considering a summer wedding.

We recommend this venue very highly - it is truly beautiful.

Sent on 08/01/2012

A · Married on 08/14/2009

We got married here on 8.14.09 and everything was PERFECT.

The venue itself is incredibly gorgeous and I loved the flexibility we had to have our wedding spread out (ceremony outside, cocktail hour on the patio, dinner in the tent, dessert and dancing inside the mansion) All of our guests loved it and couldn't believe we had the whole mansion for our wedding. The caterer they provide (can't remember name!) was AMAZING. The food was incredible, the service was very impressive, and they had a ton of options. They also recommended to me a florist who did a killer job, and not to mention the staff there did a great job. I thought the price was also fair - not cheap, but worth it, and actually cheaper than a few other venues that we looked at in the area.

Obviously - I was super impressed and would do it there again in a second and not change a thing!

Sent on 10/18/2010

Cassie Costa · Married on 12/08/2018

3.0

Unique and magical venue

Turner Hill is an incredibly magical venue. We knew from the second we visited that we wanted to get married there. It could not have been more of a dream for our vintage inspired winter wedding. Carol was very accommodating and flexible to all our our needs, questions, expectations and plans. Our guests are still talking about how amazing it was to hang out there for a night. Turner Hill is not just a wedding venue, it is truly a romantic and historical experience. One for the history books! Absolute killer venue. I highly recommend Turner Hill for those who may want to have a more unique wedding.

Sent on 01/26/2019