The Mansion at Bald Hill Reviews

56 Reviews for The Mansion at Bald Hill

Brittany · Married on 09/30/2018

4.2
      3.0

This venue was a great setting for our somewhat last minute wedding. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and they accomodated our dogs for the ceremony as well. We were even offered a complimentary room for the night of the wedding. Everyone had a really lovely time and complimented the delicious food. Waitstaff and bartenders were great for our wedding (although rehearsal dinner service was a bit slow and scattered). If I could do it all over again I totally would and would still pick this location!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Peter · Married on 08/12/2017

3.5

Overall, we had a wonderful experience, as did our guests. We did have an initial problem getting the sound system to work the day of the wedding. Scott was very accommodating to try and resolve the issue.
    Some of the small details (setting up chairs, moving tables) didn't occur until 30 minutes before event start, but were done. I would have liked extra help remembering to bring my drink out before giving the toast, too.
    The whole Bald Hill team did a fantastic job ensuring it was a memorable event for us and our family and friends.
    I would recommend them in a heart beat.

Sent on 08/28/2017

The Mansion at Bald Hill's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! We are honored to have been a part of your big day!

Shannon · Married on 06/02/2018

3.0

My husband and I got married at Bald Hill on June 2, 2018. It is a gorgeous venue. We were so happy that we were able to have our ceremony out in the garden despite the weather being a bit touch-and-go throughout the day. The banquet center is beautiful and still looks brand new. The food, bartenders, and servers were great.
    One major plus about Bald Hill (at least as of the time we booked it at the end of last summer) is that they do not have a minimum requirement for number of guests/amount of money you need to spend besides the initial site fee; this was an issue we ran into frequently when looking at venues in eastern CT. We only had 80 guests, but the space in banquet room was used well and it did not look too sparse. It was also really nice to be able to stay over in Mrs. Bowen’s room the night of and the night before the wedding. It’s a spacious room for the bride and bridesmaids to get ready in.
    Our only qualm was with the event coordinator. She definitely was prompt about getting back to us if we had any questions, but otherwise was not always very proactive about reaching out to us for information that was needed. Our wedding is the only one I’ve been heavily involved in preparing for, so I would have appreciated more guidance about some of the little details prior to the day of the wedding. Also we had discussed her coming by briefly the night before the wedding to assist with getting our rehearsal started, but she didn’t end up coming at all. Luckily our photographer and officiant were able to take the reigns on that. I certainly do understand that this is the busy wedding season and that she is stretched thin being the sole event coordinator. That might be a good reason to consider adding on additional event staff.

Sent on 06/25/2018
  • · Married on

3.8

Amazing Food & Venue

The food and venue was absolutely amazing! When it came to responsiveness, it was nearly impossible to ever get anyone on the phone to ask a question, but if you sent an email, there is generally a response within 24 hours. I felt the quality of service was okay. I felt like my rehearsal was rushed and once the wedding ended at 10pm, the cleaning crew was in there at 10:05 before my guests left setting up for the next wedding. I understand there is another wedding happening the next day, but I felt that they should have waited until my guest exited the building before setting up. I felt that as the bride, there was a lot of responsibility on the couple to ensure the details of the wedding were correct and the wedding coordinator did not take the time to understand the details of our wedding.

Sent on 10/22/2019
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 10/05/2019

3.4
      2.0

Beautiful Venue

The Mansion at Bald Hill is a hidden gem!!! The ground are beautiful and the food is delicious. The staff was attentive. My only complaint was the bar service. We had an open bar and clearly they do not know when to cut people off. The manager Janet was useless as she just stood there and glared at everybody all night. Not sure what part of wedding coordinator she did not understand but overall the place is beautiful but I could have done without my wedding “coordinator”

Sent on 10/07/2019

D · Married on 09/30/2017

3.2
      2.5

It was definitely a beautiful place to get married. I didn't have too much interaction with the wedding planner until the week before. But I also didn't hound her. I felt like she could have been a little more proactive and endearing. Also my guests had some interactions with her and did not feel "comfortable". There was a female bartender that many guest complained about to me after the fact. Her customer service was not the greatest. Besides that - the venue is absolutely gorgeous. It is down to earth, yet classy and elegant. I personally loved the venue itself.

Sent on 10/10/2017

The Mansion at Bald Hill's reply:

D, Thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate your feedback and will definitely take your comments under advisement. It is always our goal to make the days leading up to the wedding and certainly your wedding day as stress free and enjoyable as possible. Our sincerest apologies to you and your guests if our service wasn't up to expectations and we thank you for letting us know, this will give us the chance to improve on things for future events. We can't thank you enough for the kind comments on our wedding venue, were glad you enjoyed it. Best of luck on your marriage, thank you for choosing The Mansion for your special day. Best Regards.