The Manor Tavern Reviews

140 | Monkton, MD

140 Reviews for The Manor Tavern

Kathie · Married on 10/30/2015

Just Relax and let Terry and her crew handle everything, they think of everything ahead of time

Sent on 03/15/2017

Donna · Married on 10/18/2015

People are still talking about our bridal shower...the service, the menu, the ambiance...18 months later! You cannot go wrong if you choose Manor Tavern! Terry Lombardi and her professional staff are wonderful!

Rachel · Married on 10/17/2015

The manor tavern went above and beyond for our wedding! We had zero conflicts and the food was amazing! Plus, the always made sure the bride and groom were taken care of first!!

Sent on 03/10/2017

Liz · Married on 10/17/2015

The team at Manor Tavern was fantastic. Terry worked with us extensively on our menu, really listened to what we wanted, and guided us when we were unsure. She went above and beyond in many ways and we were so grateful! We received many compliments from our guests on the quality of the food.

Sent on 02/26/2016

The Manor Tavern's reply:

Thank you so much for your feedback. The Manor Tavern aims to please its customers and love to hear that you enjoyed your time, as well as the food! We appreciate you considering us for your event.

we hosted a reception luncheon to gather for my mother's passing and to celebrate my mother's life.
    the Manor Tavern could not have been more understanding, considerate and sensitive to our event, providing a beautiful space for our privacy. the food was delicious and very well presented. the staff even went out of their way to prepare a special fare for our vegan relatives.
    i can't say enough about their courteousness and professionalism.
    our family and friends were able to gather for this celebration of life and were treated to 5 start white love treatment.

several have returned to The Manor Tavern for great meals and great service

thank you all at the Manor Tavern.
    Thomas R Baxivanos

Sent on 03/05/2017

The Manor Tavern was the site of my daughter's bridal shower. The private room, with private entrance, and fireplace was perfect for the occasion We were able to gain access to the room an hour or two prior to the event. This allowed us to time to add the final touches to the set up and decor. The staff was very helpful and flexible to honor requests. During the shower, the staff was very attentive to the needs of the guests. The food for the luncheon was delicious and served in a timely manner. Leftovers were packaged to give to the bride and groom when the shower had ended.

Sent on 02/24/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 09/19/2015

Terry was such a pleasure to work with!! She gave the best ideas and tailored my event to everything we wanted. She will give you complete confidence that anything you ask for will be supplied and displayed in a beautiful and professional manner. I will most DEFINITELY be using her again as soon as I have the need!! My friend also used her from my referral and was totally satisfied with a beautiful event!!

Sent on 03/10/2017

Debbie · Married on 09/12/2015

Exceptional service. Terry and her team were awesome. At the last minute we had to move our ceremony from our farm due to storm. Terry and the team relocated everything quickly to the manor tavern wedding tent and redirected the guests. I didn't have to worry about anything. The reception was perfect. They did a fantastic job with the food and drinks. In the end terry promised us s carefree wonderful wedding and it was perfect. I highly recommend terry and the manor tavern.

Sent on 02/24/2016

Suzie · Married on 08/29/2015

The Manor Tavern was a delight to work with. Very helpful and accommodating.

Sent on 04/19/2016

The Manor Tavern's reply:

We were extremely happy with the services provided by The Manor Tavern and were impressed by Terry and Trish at our very first meeting. The wedding venue was The Wye River Estate on the Eastern Shore in Queenstown, MD. Terry handles the catering and made several great suggestions for food choices. She encouraged us to incorporate our favorite food into the menu, even asking for recipes to be sure the food was prepared correctly. The tasting was amazing. We ate until we could eat no more and still took home leftovers! Our wedding guests with special dietary restrictions were very impressed by Terry and her team and the attention provided to their special meals. The root beer floats, a suggestion by Terry and groom favorite, were a big hit and enjoyed by all. Trish is one of the most knowledgeable people on the Eastern Shore. She made many recommendations about vendors including the cake baker and hair salon for the day of the wedding. During the wedding service, she even walked the dogs, who were in the wedding (pugs) back to the bridal cottage. She was always available to answer any questions that arose. Her positive attitude and professionalism are unsurpassed. I don't know what we would have done without her. The beauty of The Wye River Estate and the attention to detail made for a perfect wedding. Many of our guests told us it was the BEST wedding that had ever attended. Terry and Trish were wonderful and we highly recommend them!

Sent on 02/25/2016

Jody · Married on 06/27/2015

I had my wedding reception at the Manor Tavern. Terry the event planner was wonderful in helping me plan the evening. The staff was more then helpful and pleasant at the reception. We had a great time. The food and drinks were great!

Sent on 06/29/2015

Jane · Married on 06/20/2015

It is always a pleasure to work with Terry Lombardi to plan an event at the Manor Tavern! She and her staff are accommodating and pleasant and will do anything they can to make the event a success. I held a Bridesmaid Luncheon at the restaurant in May. Terry worked with me to come up with a custom menu for the luncheon. The server assigned to us, Olivia, did an excellent job handling a large party. Terry printed a special menu sheet specific to our event, we were able to have our own space so as not to disturb other patrons during lunch and most importantly, the food was delicious! Terry, Olivia and the rest of the staff did a great job!

Sent on 10/01/2018

Emily · Married on 06/12/2015

We have used Manor Tavern for many celebrations and life events over the past few years. It's become our go-to recommendation for our dearest family and friends. It is always a lovely experience.

Sent on 03/03/2017

The food was delicious, the room was beautiful, and the staff was a pleasure to work with. They provided excellent service and our guests all enjoyed themselves. We took home many leftovers! The various event packages were reasonably priced considering their excellent quality. I would say we got our money's worth! We love to go here for dinner with family and friends. We've been here for other events, like office parties, and it's always been a pleasant experience. I always recommend the Manor Tavern to anyone in the area.

Sent on 03/04/2016

Lsuren · event on: 06/05/2015

My daughter's school traditionally has a nice 8th grade graduation celebration/dinner party! We decided to hold this celebration at manor tavern for the 2015 graduating class of HDS! Manor Tavern made this a fabulous event for both the graduated and their families. The food was good, service wonderful and the venue perfect for us!! So much fun!! A great celebration!!

Sent on 02/23/2016

The Manor Tavern's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We love our community of families and we appreciate you considering us for your very special celebrations.

Erin · Married on 05/23/2015

Manor Tavern made my wedding day perfect. Staff helped me coordinate with outside vendors and addressed details I never would have thought of.

Cate · Married on 05/23/2015

Where to begin? Everyone tells you, “something always goes wrong on your wedding day,” but our wedding day was absolutely perfect -- in large part to Manor Tavern’s catering. Terry worked with us from the very beginning to understand our vibe and theme and create something better than we could have imagined. Catering an outdoor wedding with no kitchen on site is not easy, but the food was spectacular -- especially the crab balls. More impressive was the service day of. The team was so pleasant and created a beautiful display for our “fancy picnic” theme on our cousin’s farm. The team all looked great in crisp plaid shirts and jeans matching our laid back feel. Though we never actually went up to the bar, my husband and I were never without a drink in our hands. Several guests came up to us at the end of the night saying it was the best wedding they’ve ever been to and how impressed they were with the entire catering staff. The day after, we were overjoyed to see that the staff had cleaned everything up allowing us to take it easy. If we ever have an event in the area again, using Manor Tavern is a no-brainer. (We also enjoyed stopping by the restaurant for lunch and dinner during all the months of prep.)

Sent on 05/30/2015

Ruth · Married on 05/23/2015

The event manager Terry was extremely helpful and professional to work with. The room was nice , the food was fantastic .

Sent on 02/23/2016

Betty · Married on 05/16/2015

We hired Manor Tavern to cater our wedding which was on a Saturday in May at The Cloisters in Lutherville, MD, and we could not be happier! What initially sold us was the tasting – the food was incredible and we didn’t want to be labeled as yet another wedding with mediocre food. Additionally, we loved the farm-to-table aspect – the use of locally sourced ingredients not only added freshness but also was an added bonus for many of our guests. For the appetizers, we had the parmesan dusted meatballs, avocado cream cheese rolls (so delicious), and the spaniktopa, as well as a stationary fruit and cheese display. For the buffet dinner, we selected their lemon chicken (not dry!), roasted root vegetables (a huge crowd favorite), roasted asparagus, tortellini with Italian sausage on the side, a risotto and salad. Everything was flavorful and fresh and we received tons of compliments on the food from our guests. Our catering manager, Julie, was a true professional and managed the evening without a flaw. To be honest, we were a little nervous at first because this would be Julie’s first time catering at The Cloisters. But turns out we had nothing to worry about – she and her manager, Terry, had coordinated all the details with us in advance and Julie had everything set up and flowing perfectly the day of the wedding. The best part was not once did I have to answer any questions once I was on-site – Julie had everything under control and made good decisions where there was any ambiguity (whereas I’ve heard unpleasant stories from other brides about being bombarded with questions on every detail as they’re trying to get ready). We found Manor Tavern to be an excellent value – great food and service at very reasonable prices – and would highly recommend them.

Sent on 06/18/2015

Mandy · Married on 05/31/2014

Ah what can I say that has not been said already! The Manor Tavern and staff were unbelievably perfect for my wedding. We got married May 31, 2014 at Elk Manor Winery. We were able to bring in outside venders which was very fun for my husband and I. We got to shop around! We ended up choosing The Manor Tavern and it was the best choice! Jess was our contact person at Manor and she ran the show. From the second we went for our tasting at the restaurant we have been hooked! Going back at least 4 times for different occasions (Easter, Mother's Day, ect.). She guided us throughout the whole planning process and was so helpful with suggestions and ideas. When it came to the day of the wedding, Jess and her staff were rock stars, catering to our guests every need. We did a sit down dinner for about 150 and every meal came out hot and so delicious. Every ingredient was so fresh and well made. It was so impressive that they did all of that with an outside kitchen that they brought with them. Unreal! I wish I could make every bride use The Manor Tavern for their wedding because they were incredible! Thank you again!!

Sent on 06/18/2014

I have been using The Manor Tavern for years for my catering needs. Their catered weddings are beautiful and their food is delicious! I couldn't ask for a better group to work with for my events. Their staff is always professional, courteous, and helpful. They go above and beyond to make sure everything runs smoothly and efficiently. Terry, Banquet and Catering Sales Manager, is always there to make sure my events are flawless. You can tell she truly cares. The Manor Tavern has proven tried and true through their many years of wonderful service, and I hope that we have many more events with them in the future!

Sent on 05/27/2015
  • W

Wendy · Married on 07/27/2013

Manor Tavern catered my daughters shower at Boordy Vineyards. Working with Terri was very easy, her menu suggestions were perfect! The catering staff was extremely attentive, the food was served at perfect temperatures and everyone enjoyed the afternoon!

Sent on 03/05/2017

Jo · Married on 03/09/2013

From the minute I walked into The Tavern and met with Terry and Jillian to plan my husbands 75th I knew the experience was going to be a pleasure. They were friendly, welcoming and very anxious to work within my budget. I was surprised as I had heard that The Tavern would be too expensive. After some conversation Terry made it work. The food was excellent. The filets were generous portions and cooked to perfection. I don't know how the chef could get all those 57 people served all hot food! The vegetable made a lovely appearance and were seasoned to perfectly. I thought the salad was a little small but I like salad so that was probably just me. I am still hearing from my guests months later as to how delicious the entire meal was!!
    The Saddle Room was perfect for the number of guests and my daughters arrived early to set up the ballons, greet the DJ and place the flowers, podium etc. They said that the staff could not of been more accommodating and helped get everything set up quickly and efficiently.
    When Joe and I arrived Terry greeted us with her usual warm smile took our coats, and before I could turn around she had my favorite drink and my husbands in our hands. The room looked amazing!! My husband was so surprised!!
    The bar had everything my guests requested and if they didn't the friendly and sweet bartender (Terry's beautiful daughter) saw that it could be made.
    When the impersonator arrived he was greeted and accommodated so well so that he felt so comfortable and ready to make us all laugh.
    When the nite was over Terry and her staff helped us pack everything up and send us on our way with incredible memories of Joe's 75th Birthday.
    Terry truly worked so hard all evening. She was there from start to finish to make everything run perfectly. You are very fortunate to have such a professional, kind, caring, and sincere person running your catering . Would we have another event at The Manor Tavern. You bet we would!!!

Sent on 01/28/2018

The Manor Tavern's reply:

What a great way to start off my Monday. I just read your very very kind review and it has brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so so much for putting so much time and thought in to it. I can feel your sincerity . It was an absolute pleasure to work with you and help you plan this very special and FUN birthday celebration. I have lasted in this crazy business because of guests like you when we help you create memories to last forever. I love my entire team – Jill helping me with the planning, my daughter Tori, Betsy and her daughter Mariah helping the day of and of course your entire family for being so wonderful to work with. We hope you do come back and have another event soon !! Thank you again for taking the time and being so thoughtful.

Shelbi · Married on 07/07/2012

The Manor Tavern catered my wedding a few weeks ago and people are still raving about the crab cakes!! Tracey and Terry were amazing and helped me plan a BEAUTIFUL wedding. They were about to serve 200 people in less than 9minutes! The food was delicious, the decor impeccable, and the professionalism over the top! I will continue to use them for catering purposes in the future! Well done!

Sent on 07/30/2012

Terri · Married on 09/17/2011

I would HIGHLY recommend the Manor Tavern to brides. Terry Lombardi is amazing to work with. I was planning my wedding from out of town and she was willing to come in on her days off for taste testings to work with my schedule. The food was absolutely delicious - chicken was very moist. Our guests said it was the best wedding food they had ever had (mac & cheese, crab dip, pigs in a blanket... yum)! I requested macaroni & cheese in small ladles and pigs in a blanket as appetizers. These weren't on their menu but they made it happen and it was huge hit! The staff was very attentive to all guests during the wedding. Terry was almost like a wedding planner, overseeing the entire set-up and handling any issues that came up during the set-up and reception. Terry definitely knows what she is doing and will make sure things run smoothly. Couldn't have been happier!

Sent on 10/05/2011