The Manor House at Prophecy Creek Park Reviews

82 | Ambler, PA

82 Reviews for The Manor House at Prophecy Creek Park

Johanna · Married on 10/18/2014

We recently had our wedding at the Manor House in October 2014. It exceeded our expectations and we would recommend this venue. The setting is simply gorgeous; we loved, as well as our guests, the variety - from the red barn, to the quaint manor house which can be personalized, to the pond/beautiful scapes! The food and service were also top notch as well. Everything the night of was seamless. We had the greatest time celebrating the next chapter in our lives!!

Sent on 11/16/2014

The Prophecy Manor House was like a "dream". The venue is just breathtaking- from the outdoor pond and fountains- to the indoor tent, the venue is just magical. My guests enjoyed the "romantic feel". You get your money's worth. Terri Fair is amazing. Without her coordination and professionalism our wedding rehearshal and ceremony would not have gone smoothly.
    She is extremely responsive, even at the late hours she will email you and make sure all your questions are answered and you are satisfied. She has a lot of experience so we appreciated her help and ideas. Overall the weather was perfect- which Terri promised and experience was perfect.

Sent on 07/31/2014

the Manor House is an absolutely wonderful place to have a wedding. the house and grounds are beautiful and Fair Catering does an amazing job. The whole staff - especially Terri Fair - are completely organized and professional. There's no need for a day-of planner when Terri is around; she'll do everything for you! our personal attendant was also awesome. we were never hungry or thirsty all night! plus, the food was delicious. we did not have a florist and instead invited friends to help set up tables. since there was no wedding the night before ours, Terri let us come in on Friday to set everything up. that was a huge weight off my mind!

we first booked our wedding under the assumption that a roof would be built over the back patio, but when it became apparent that it wasn't going to happen, the Fairs were very up-front about it. they offered us our deposit back, or a change in wedding date (since our original March date wouldn't work with a tent.) In the end, we stuck with the Manor House and postponed until May and were glad we did. we did have a few other fairly minor mishaps the night of the wedding, including the newly installed speakers not working that evening, but for the most part, our wedding went off without a hitch. thank you to Terri and all of Fair Catering for making our day wonderful!

Sent on 11/12/2012

anya · Married on 04/22/2012

This is a gorgeous venue for a wedding. The grounds and the inside of the house are amazing. The bridal suite is beautiful and there is plenty of space. Unfortunately, it rained on our wedding day and we did not get to have the ceremony outdoors as we wanted. The room for the ceremony was perfect for us, but we had 105 guests. If you have considerably more, I would be worried about accommodating everyone in the room should you need to. Due to the rain, water did drip down in between the tent and the walls, which caused some unfortunate puddling.

The catering staff was superb, and our guests raved about the food. You must order the sweet table, which is additional, to get Robert Fair Caterer's desserts, which are amazing. Make sure to request the Lemon cake. Terri was very nice to work with and was very good at thinking of everything and coordinating with our other vendors. We did not have another outside wedding planner of any kind. She ensured that everything ran smoothly.

Sent on 05/21/2012

3.0

My husband and I, overall, had a truly wonderful wedding at the Manor House. To start with the great things, the food was delicious, the service during the wedding was exceptional, and the staff was polite and helpful. The venue looked beautiful and clean and the grounds were perfectly manicured. The bridal and groom suites were clean and ready to go! I said it already, but I'll say it again because it was that good - the good was delicious! All of our guests talked about how good it was and how beautiful the venue looked. The bartenders did a great job and the staff did a nice job passing drinks right away at the cocktail hour. Our only complaint was working with the coordinator. At times she was unprofessional in meetings (i.e., took calls from her family), although we didn't mind that much because she was responsive to emails and accommodating with scheduling meetings. However, the days before the wedding and during the wedding day we were not pleased with her service. She was short with my bridesmaids who asked questions as we were preparing for the wedding and spoke poorly about her staff to us at one point during the drop off of our things.

Still, our overall experience was fantastic and everyone left the wedding saying it was one of the best they'd been to!

Sent on 06/01/2014

The Manor House was an absolutley beautiful venue, from the inside of the house to the tented terrace to the grounds surrounding. We had a great experience working with Terri Fair on the largest event held at the Manor House so far, and the night went wonderfully. Even with the threat of on and off rain looming over our heads all afternoon, the sun came out over the lawn and ponds in the ceremony area right as the bridesmaids started walking down the aisle.

The food was excellent, it was great being able to provide the alcohol ourselves, and Terri and her staff worried about everything on the day of so we didn't have to. I would absolutely recommend this venue to brides who want a fairytale wedding atmosphere.

Sent on 08/23/2012

3.4
      3.0

I just recently had a very beautiful wedding (ceremony and reception) at the Manor house. My actual wedding day was completely perfect and everyone LOVED the facility. Everything was beautifully done and the food choices were excellent. The entire day ran so smoothly. The wait staff was wonderful and really took care of my bridal party. My only complaint about the manor house are the people running it. While the Fair family definitely knows what they're doing, they tend to not be the friendliest or the most flexible to deal with. When you use the Manor house, you have to use their preferred vendors rather than your own choices. This is fine if you don't have any vendors in mind. I had already chosen my photographer and dj and was not willing to go with anyone else. From the very beginning, I was given a hard time about using outside vendors. The Fair family ended up being quite rude to my vendors as well. Although I did not hear of any of the conflicts on my wedding day, I heard after the wedding day that there were fights between the Manor house and my vendors. I also felt uncomfortable on my wedding day because there were tours going on when my bridal party was trying to get dressed. When someone approached the Fair's about this, they replied that they needed to focus on future clients.

Overall, the location of this venue is just too beautiful to pass up. If you are able to stand up for yourself and what you want at your wedding, I'm sure it will be worth it. In the end, I had a beautiful wedding, I just didn't appreciate the hastle that I was given every step of the way.

Sent on 07/16/2013