The Manor House at Prophecy Creek Park Reviews

82 | Ambler, PA

82 Reviews for The Manor House at Prophecy Creek Park

I recently had my ceremony and reception at The Manor House at Prophecy Creek Park. I am beyond happy with how everything turned out. I knew the week of that everything was taken care of and could relax. Leaving me to only worry about the weather. It did rain the morning of our wedding, but it stopped by 1pm and the grounds were dry enough for us to have the ceremony and pictures outside!! I was so relieved! The Manor gives a great back drop to pictures and I love that the setting allows guests to walk around on there own throughout the night and take wonderful pictures of their own. Immediately following the ceremony and throughout the night Catherine, our personal attendant, was constantly asking us if she could get us anything. She made sure we had what we wanted to drink and eat all night! She even helped me clean up what was left in the Bridal suite! I felt so spoiled!

When deciding on a location for our wedding, I knew I did not want a cookie cutter country club wedding. This is a beautiful venue and it was the perfect combination of elegance and relaxation. Almost a month later I still have guests complementing me on the venue, the food and wondering how I heard about it!!! I think a few of my cousins may look into this venue in the coming years when they get engaged! Which would be great! I would love to go back again for another event! The food was amazing! I wish I could eat it again! And the cake was amazing as well!

Terri was very helpful throughout the whole process! I sent her many e-mail throughout the year leading up to our wedding and she responded quickly and was always flexible when I changed my mind on different details. I also have to say the other members of the Fair family were very nice as well! They treated us like family!

Sent on 08/26/2013

Beth · Married on 07/13/2013

My husband and I got married at the Manor House 7/13/2013 and it couldn't have been a more perfect setting for our wedding. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and the pictures we have seen so far look stunning. It's such a wonderful backdrop. I also can't say enough about Terri Fair. She was great to work with and made everything as easy as possible for us leading up to the wedding. She is so good at her job. The staff there also did a wonderful job the day of the wedding to make everything perfect for us. The food was delicious (especially the Seafood Newburg) and my husband and were joking that the only negative we could come up with is that we can't go back there for dinner to eat it again! We are just hoping to get invited to another wedding at the Manor House in the near future!

Sent on 08/01/2013

Katie · Married on 06/08/2013

If you're looking for a quiet, picturesque location - look no farther! The Manor House is absolutely exquisite and was the perfect location for my "garden party" themed wedding! The location is newly renovated (Robert Fair Catering took over the property about two years ago), and everything from the decor to the landscaping is done in wonderful taste (Terri Fair decorated most of the Manor House herself, and her and Robert Fair can almost always be found on property, which goes to show how much love has been put into this venue). The tent in which our guests dined was immaculate and overlooks the beautiful ponds and garden.....which all of our guests loved and continue to admire! The food and service was also impeccable and delicious! I would absolutely recommend this venue to any bride, and personally wish I could relive my magical day at the Manor House again and again!

Sent on 07/23/2013
  • sturghoops44

Katie · Married on 06/01/2013

Book it as soon as you can before it fills up. We live close to this venue, so we've seen the transformation process. They have done an amazing job, Mr. Fair and the whole family are so involved that it just seems like the venue exudes the care they have put into it. Teri is meticulous and with all the things she's learned having organized so many weddings, she just makes sure everything runs smoothly. Every corner inside and outside at this venue is so photogenic. We LOVE our pictures, make sure you have enough time in your schedule of events to properly utilize all the great lighting and settings. We had a 95+ day in June and the house provided enough air conditioning that we didn't have to worry about any of our older guests and the evening in the tent had a nice breeze from the ponds. Also, people could dance, linger in the house, explore the grounds, it was just so appealing to so many people that we constantly continue to get compliments on our wedding because of how unique and gorgeous the Manor House property is. Totally worth the money.

Sent on 01/19/2014

Jessica · Married on 05/25/2013

My husband, Kevin, and I originally dreamed of a backyard wedding. When complications arose, we found ourselves on the hunt to something that fit our style and our vision. After visiting a number of venues, we found ourselves at the Manor House at Prophecy Creek Park. It was perfect. Our wedding day came quickly and the process was enjoyable and seamless. We couldn't have been happier with the results. The staff was friendly and conscientious; the food was delicious and served quickly. We were blessed with a beautiful day. The grounds are beautiful and perfect for pictures. I couldn't have been happier and recommend this venue without reservation.

Sent on 06/17/2013

Maura · Married on 05/18/2013

The Manor House was the first venue I looked at and instantly fell in love with it! The grounds are so beautiful and the house had such a warm feeling to it. Terri was amazing! She made sure everything was perfect on our special day and even assigned a server to me to make sure I had everything I needed all night. Now that's service! There were no hidden costs and Terri reviewed all the expenses with us before any signatures were required. So many thing were included in the package: all the linens, flatware, and glasses, even the wedding cake! There's much more, I just can't remember it all. If you want the perfect place for your special day, look no further!

Sent on 07/25/2013

Gretchen · Married on 09/02/2012

I was married at the Manor House at Prophecy Creek over Labor Day weekend, and am still getting comments from friends and family about how beautiful the grounds were, how nice the staff was, and how delicious the food was at our wedding. I appreciate Teri Fair and her professionalism and her ability to coordinate a beautiful day for all her brides and grooms. On a day where you are pulled in so many directions, its important to have vendors that you know have everything under control and are keeping everything going smoothly. The venue is BEAUTIFUL and provided the perfect backdrop for my vision. Elegant, but not stuffy, comfortable and spacious. It is different than a standard ballroom wedding and truly adds a unique element to the feel of your day. We utilized the rooms throughout the house for a sweets station, coffee bar, family momentos, photo booth and more! My husband and I prepared for our day in separate bridal suites and groom rooms. Having the ability to have everything in one location was helpful to our photographers and videographer. I can go on and on. We had a great time at our wedding and would recommend checking our this very special venue.

Sent on 09/29/2012

Jamie · Married on 09/01/2012

We had an amazing experience at the manor house at prophecy creek this past weekend. We were nervous about the little details, but Terri took care of everything for us. If I had known how helpful she was going to be, I would've slept better the night before. She met us at the venue the night before the wedding to run the dress rehearsal. Then the day of, she took care of everything, so that me and my family could enjoy the day and not worry about a thing. She moved the flowers from the ceremony site to the cocktail hour, she keyed in the band to to announce our photobooth, our ice cream truck etc, and she had everything packed and ready to go at the end of the night.
    The catering staff was also very attentive. My husband and I (and our families) were never wanting for a drink or food. Everything was delicous and we've been eating wedding cake ever since.
    The venue was beautiful and the staff left nothing to be desired. They really know what they're doing there and I would recommend them to anyone. I only wish I could upload some photos to show how beautiful the day was.

Sent on 09/04/2012

Lauren · Married on 08/04/2012

We had originally booked a different venue for our wedding. Six and a half months before our wedding, our venue fell through which was a nightmare. We scrambled to find a new venue and came across the Manor House at Prophecy Creek. They (by some miracle) had our date open and after meeting with Terri, we felt comfortable making the switch. This was not easy after our previous experience. Leading up to the wedding Terri was always available to help make decisions regarding the decor, vendors, and organization of the day. She was able to organize our rehearsal and made the day of run smoothly. She was able to direct all the vendors and we did not have to worry about anything the day of. I would highly recommend Terri and the Manor House at Prophecy Creek.

Sent on 02/03/2013

Andrew · Married on 11/03/2017

The Manor House helped ensure that we had our perfect day. Every single staff member was wonderful throughout the entire planning process and during the wedding day itself. Kerry and Pete were very responsive to emails and phone calls during preparation and were quick to answer any questions that we had. Catherine was our "day of coordinator" and she was absolutely incredible in helping things go smoothly and making sure that everyone understood what was going on when.

The entire staff during the wedding was professional, attentive and respectful. We even had one of the wait staff follow us around during pictures to make sure we received any and all of the appetizers we wanted. I would HIGHLY recommend this venue to anyone as they were instrumental in making sure we had the perfect wedding day.

Sent on 12/04/2017

Jaleela · Married on 09/25/2016

This venue is beautiful, spacious, versatile and unique. The manager and wedding coordinator (Kerry and Catherine) are attentive, responsive and completely invested in making your wedding day as perfect as possible. The catering staff is professional and friendly, and the food is amazing!
    The only thing I could consider as a negative is the fact that they use an exclusive list of DJs (you can only choose from that list), but that list had a good selection so it wasn't that much of a problem.
    I really can't say enough about how amazing our experience was at the Manor House at Prophecy Creek; I wish we could get married again so we can have another awesome party there!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Mark · Married on 08/27/2016

When you make one of the most important decisions you can make on a venue for your wedding event, you want it to be prefect!
    After visiting 8 different venues we made the decision to have our daughters wedding at the Manor House. The beauty of the grounds surrounding Prophecy Creek provide the perfect setting for the ceremony and reception. The "Wow Factor" was truly evident to us and all of our guests when looking out at the magnificent pond with the water fall and fountains.
    When nightfall arrives, the beauty increases with the wonderful lighting that is provided.
    The food was outstanding as well as the service! We are so very glad we made the decision to have the wedding here!
    It was all summed up well at the end of the night, when our daughter thanked us for giving her the perfect wedding! It truly was and we have the Manor House at Prophecy Creek and their wonderful staff to thank for it.
    We highly recommend that you consider this venue for your special event. We have had so many of our guests comment that it was the best wedding that they ever attended!
    Thanks again to the staff at the Manor House for making our daughters wedding a perfect evening to remember forever!
    Sincerely,
    Mark Cercone

Sent on 08/30/2016

Sharon · Married on 10/09/2015

This venue is gorgeous! We picked this spot because they had an outdoor option as well as an indoor option that were both great. It ended up being windy on our wedding day we were happy to be inside. Once it got sunny though, everyone loved being able to walk around the paths outside. Terry was so helpful and responsive throughout the whole process. She was very flexible when we wanted to add dancing in the middle of the meal opposed to all of it at the end. The staff was also outstanding! The guests felt so respected and received the correct food. As the bride and groom, they had a specific person assigned to us to make sure we had food and drinks. It was a perfect day!

Sent on 10/08/2015

Nicole · Married on 06/02/2018

We got married at The Manor House at Prophecy Creek this past weekend, and it was a dream. From the very beginning of the planning process to the day of and days following, they were communicative, organized, personable and overall incredible. The venue itself is stunning. We wanted an outdoor wedding, and the Manor House offers both outdoor and indoor options, and the historic house itself is beautiful. Our ceremony was originally planned for outside, but the chance of rain was too high so we moved it inside. They kept track of the forecast for us all day, allowing us a game-time decision and different options. While our guest number was very large and not everyone had a great view during the ceremony, it still offered a lovely intimate atmosphere. The food is exceptional, and the service even better. There's a lot that goes into planning a wedding, and it can be stressful, but Kerry, Peter and our coordinator Catherine made it seamless. Catherine was extremely organized, kept things moving and on time, without ever rushing us or pressuring us to be somewhere at a certain time. There is not a negative thing I can think of to say. We wish we could run our wedding back and experience it all over again. Thank you to everyone at the Manor House for a truly perfect day.

Sent on 06/05/2018

Brandy · Married on 10/22/2016

Short and sweet....the Manor House is exceptional and my husband and I would know as we held our wedding there 5 years ago and loved it so much that we just had our 5 year Anniversary celebration there as well!
    If you are looking for a beautiful venue that includes a historic estate along with amazing outdoor scenery, you will immediately fall in love with the manor House! It is completely picturesque and that is just the venue itself. The owners and staff are beyond amazing, ready to fulfill your vision of a perfect event!

Sent on 10/29/2016

I would recommend The Manor House a million times over. Although the price was on the higher end of our budget, everything was worth it. The professionalism, attention to detail, and service by the staff was impeccable. The actual venue is gorgeous and makes for a picture worthy wedding.
    They helped set up and at the end of the night had everything boxed up for us to take home. We had a server pretty much by our side all night making sure everything was perfect.
    The Fair's are also a pleasure to work with and very accommodating. There's really zero complaints about the whole process.

Sent on 05/21/2016

Bonnie · Married on 09/13/2014

My wedding at the Manor House at Prophecy Creek was absolutely a dream come true. I knew as soon as my husband and I stepped through the doors a year and half ago that it was the perfect place for us to get married. Throughout the process, Terri was very helpful with any questions that we had and always got back to us right away. I agree with some of the other reviews about her coming off as abrasive at times, but I honestly can't even imagine the type of chaos she deals with on a daily basis so I was able to forgive her for that pretty easily. Overall, I could tell that she's a woman who gets things done and gets them done right and that was all that mattered to me because my wedding was very detailed. So detailed that I worried the look I was going for would not come across - but on my wedding day, everything looked exactly as I had pictured it in my head. Every centerpiece, every table, our ceremony space - everything was absolutely perfect. We ended up having our ceremony inside due to rain but it honestly didn't matter at all and in fact, was a bit more intimate than it would have been outside. The whole place is so beautiful inside and out so the weather really does become irrelevant. The rain eventually stopped and our guests were able to explore the beautiful grounds and we were able to get some amazing photos on the bridges. All of our guests went on about how amazing the venue was and how delicious the food was. If you're looking for something other than your typical ballroom or country club wedding, The Manor House is perfect. It's very unique and your guests will love it. The ONLY thing that bothered me a little was the fact that we had to take everything with us at 11:00 when our reception ended. Everything had to go and we had a LOT of stuff. It was a bit hectic and chaotic and not really something a bride wants to deal with at the end of her special night. But overall, our experience was wonderful and we absolutely loved our wedding day!

Sent on 10/01/2014

Amity · Married on 05/04/2014

The Manor House at Prophecy Creek is a gorgeous venue under any weather conditions. We were disappointed to have had to go to Plan B due to rain the morning of our May 4th wedding because we were really looking forward to having the backdrop of the pond, bridge, and gazebo, but the indoor ceremony space turned out to also be beautiful. Luckily, the weather cleared up in the afternoon and we were still able to get our pictures outside, where there were numerous interesting features to use as backdrops, including the barn and grain silo. The interior of the manor is also beautiful and interesting, with many intimate spaces appointed with elegant, vintage furnishings.

Having had to implement Plan B, we were able to really witness the experience and professionalism of the staff in action. While Terri Fair's demeanor is not necessarily the warmest, she definitely does know her business and is able to direct her staff in handling last minute changes very smoothly and competently. Terri also did her best to accommodate the many unique elements that we wanted to incorporate in our wedding ceremony and reception, resulting in an experience that was very personalized and memorable for our guests.

Sent on 10/06/2014

Melina · Married on 08/30/2013

The manor house went above and beyond our expectations on the day of our wedding. The staff was respectful, attentive, and had our best interests at heart. They were extremely accommodating and easy to work with throughout the entire process. The wedding coordinator Terri, took the time to get to know our personalities and kept our vision in mind. If there were any concerns or doubts, she eased them immediately, leaving us with complete confidence in her. The owner of the company Robert, was with us throughout the entire day, checking in and making sure we were happy and healthy. When looking for a venue, the manor house is the complete package. The grounds are beautiful, the service is excellent, and the food is delicious.

Sent on 09/21/2013
  • Michael

Michael · Married on 10/19/2012

Beautiful place that combines the intimacy of a manor house with the grandeur of the outdoors. Outside are beautiful large twin ponds, stately trees and wonderful plantings. Great spot for photos. Inside was great for our wedding of 100 though you could fit upwards of 200+. The dining area is enclosed under a large tent off what was the back terrace. Depending on the weather, the sides can be opened thus giving a wonderful view and feeling. The in-house caterer, Robert Fair Caterers (See our separate review), is great.

Dance floor is elevated and the space for the band is recessed into the house which, depending on the band, can be an impediment to engaging the guests. It was not an issue for us and our band, but for an earlier wedding we attended, it was.

There is a hard stop at 11 pm imposed by the Township which was not an issue for us, but it can rush things at the end.

We were told there is a noise volume constraint from the Township that requires the band to play with in the confines of the house and to use a centralized sound system so as not to disturb the neighbors. In order to deal with the issue, we hired a Sound Company to work with our band and the event venue to make it work.

Definitely recommend seated vs a food station approach given the layout. Recommend putting the bar in the house vs. on the terrace if you are only going to have one, given the flow patterns. You can decorate the interior with your own pictures if you want to personalize the house.

The venue manager, Terri Fair, is highly organized, runs a great operation, and worked extremely well with our planner.

Sent on 11/12/2012

The Manor at Prophecy Creek is a beautiful venue! We fell in love with it the moment we saw it. Not only is the place beautiful but the price is reasonable. (Funny saying "reasonable" cause no wedding prices are actually reasonable!)
    Terri, the manors coordinator, answered every single email I sent, kept us on track with due dates, made sure the wedding day ran smoothly and went out of her way to make sure we were happy.
    As we planned with the manor there were a few things that were disappointing; mainly because we weren't told upfront about the changes. We had to find out on our own. (i.e. change in the menu, on sight construction)
    As a whole, I would definitely recommend this venue. We have had multiple compliments from our guests on the food and how amazing the grounds are.

Sent on 09/07/2014

The Manor House at Prophecy Creek Park's reply:

We appreciate all reviews (with names and by private users) that are both positive and those that are submitted to enhance our future events. We have full clarity on our current menus and they are available at our website. We do make occasional changes to keep current with the ever changing food trends and keep a fresh unique presentation. We are currently expanding our parking lot to three times the current size to accommodate our guests and to maintain the pristine appearance that continually compliments the manor house. The construction progress is being accomplished in sections to accommodate our current weddings and celebrations, and will soon be completed. My family is pleased once again to hear of another successful event and how well the guests and visitors appreciated the venue.
    Best wishes to all of our brides and grooms, Kerry Fair.

We had an absolutely amazing day and the venue was absolute perfection!! Everyone absolutely loved the food...it was delicious!! Terri and her team were accommodating to our few Brazilian requests, and they did an excellent job executing the picanha and caipirinhas!

Sent on 08/28/2014

Jennifer · Married on 06/06/2014

The Manor House at Prophecy Creek Park is an absolutely gorgeous venue. Our guests could not stop remarking on how pretty the grounds are. During cocktail hour and throughout the evening the guests loved taking pictures on the bridges and by the water. It is simply beautiful.

Terri and the Fairs are extremely professional and make sure that everything is done perfectly. Terri took care of every detail and was responsive throughout the process. The day of the wedding Terri and her staff set up everything for us (and there was a lot to set up). She knows what she is doing and it shows. At the end of the night they made sure everything was packed up and ready to go, which was very helpful.

The food was very good, and the portions are great. We were assigned a waitress for my husband and I and she brought us hors d'oeuvres and drinks during cocktail hour, which was great because we were still taking some pictures and it was nice to have someone there just for us. After dinner she was no longer around when we needed drinks - but, getting our own drinks from the bar wasn't a huge issue at all.

We contracted a band and were somewhat concerned about the band area and placement, as it is a little odd. However, at the wedding it was completely fine and the music is played throughout the entire venue through their sound system - even in the bridal bathrooms/area upstairs. (When we booked the venue, you were not required to go through their list of bands. That has since changed, which is just something to consider if you were set on a specific band/dj).

Overall, everything with this venue and the staff was perfect and I would absolutely recommend it.

Sent on 06/30/2014

I got married at the Manor House the first weekend in May. It was the most BEAUTIFUL venue I have ever seen and provided an incredible location for our wedding and reception.

Overall I found Terri and the staff to be very flexible and responsive. We had multiple vegetarians and vegans at our wedding so we had to play with the menu a lot! The staff was on top of things and made some delicious tofu dishes! We had to make up our own stations and although we paid a little extra for it, it was all handled wonderfully. While I didn't get to eat much of the food, I heard it was all delicious :) We were not the easiest of clients in that sense and I really appreciated all that Terri and the staff did to accommodate us.

My only comment is that Terri can be a little abrasive at times. She is incredible proficient, efficient, and organized, but she is not the warmest of people. During the reception it became incredible hot in the tent, to the point where I had to go outside for a while to cool down. Multiple people were uncomfortable, and although things were taken care of she seemed almost accusatory of us for commenting about the temperature. Despite that, changes were made and relatively quickly we were more comfortable. Additionally, while I understand that we paid for a certain amount of time and eventually that time ended, we were really RUSHED to clean up and practically pushed out the door. Of course, these are not the most important things, but a little bit of warmth would definitely go a long way.

I would definitely recommend the Manor House for anyone's ceremony and/or reception. We had a truly beautiful wedding and I am so grateful to the Fair's and their staff!

Sent on 05/09/2013

Alicia · Married on 09/02/2016

We had a spectacular Friday wedding at the Manor House. If you're looking to spend about an "average" amount on a wedding, and you're into the idea of an outdoor ceremony with the reception at the same location, and you want your guests to enjoy an abundance of good food made on-site, this is the place for you. We had 142 guests, which was a good amount for the space. If you're looking to have 200+ people attend, the Manor House might feel a little small. We invited 215, but were happy with how the number of people who showed up filled the space. Other things we were happy with were:
    - Help with the rehearsal - We had a self wedding, so there was no hired officient to guide us through the rehearsal. Luckily, Catherine and Fiona took the reins.
    - BYOB - we saved money by being smart about how much we purchased. The Manor House advised us on liquor and wine quantities, and provided a great beer vendor at Hatboro Beverages (we're craft beer lovers, so that part was really important).
    - Rain contingency plan - We went to a wedding not long ago during a thunderstorm and were appalled at how awfully it was handled. The Manor House has two plans for rain, both of which allow for a lot of flexibility.
    - Family owned, very responsive and accommodating - We worked most with Pete, but Kerry, Catherine, and Fiona were all wonderful. On the day of, Catherine and Fiona in particular attended to everything, making things run smoothly.
    - Delicious food! We didn't do *any* upgrades to the base price per person and were totally satisfied with appetizers, dinner, and cake.
    - Lighting. Don't spend an extra dime on anything a DJ or band might try to sell you - the lights in the reception hall are brand new and have several color options for setting the mood you want.

Sent on 09/08/2016