The Makeup Girl-Lanay Morrison Reviews

61 | Clayton, CA

61 Reviews for The Makeup Girl-Lanay Morrison

• Katie & Mike

Katie · Married on 03/13/2016

Lanay is wonderful! She is professional, arrives on time and was very flexible when we changed the "getting ready" location. Communication was great--she always responded quickly to my e-mails or phone calls.
    The day of the wedding, she was calm and relaxed and didn't rush, which made the time spent getting make-up done enjoyable for the bride, the wedding party and myself (bride's mother). We all had so many compliments on our make-up, and someone glancing at the wedding pictures quickly did a double-take because they thought I was one of the girls in the wedding party! If she can make the mother-of-the-bride look 20 years younger just by the make-up job, what more needs to be said? I would hire her again without a second thought and highly recommend her.

Sent on 02/12/2009

Mary · Married on 10/04/2014

Amazing customer service, and such a sweet gal! She did an amazing job with the make-up for my brothers wedding, it was just perfect! It lasted all night long and honestly was the best professional makeup artist job I have had ever done! I HIGHLY recommend her for your big day, she makes you feel beautiful, it's quick, and it's flawless! Thanks so much! Xxo

Sent on 10/22/2014

The Makeup Girl-Lanay Morrison's reply:

Thank you so much Molly! It was a pleasure working with you.

She was wonderful accommodating my grandmother last minute when she decided she wanted her makeup done too! She also worked with me over multiple appts to find my perfect look for my big day.

Sent on 10/31/2014

Stefanie · Married on 08/30/2014

Lanay was a pleasure to work with and my wedding day makeup was perfect! I had a daytime wedding, so was concerned with having enough makeup, but not going over the top. Lanay got the makeup just right, and I loved that she airbrushed the foundation on - made it feel airy and light.

Lanay's service was excellent, her prices were reasonable, and I would (and have) recommend(ed) her to all my friends.

Sent on 01/27/2015

The Makeup Girl-Lanay Morrison's reply:

Thank you Stefanie! It was a pleasure working with you!

Aley · Married on 08/03/2014

Lanay was absolutely fabulous for my wedding! She did my (bride) makeup, two of my bridesmaids' makeup and the MOB's makeup. I had two trials with her, and both times she was extremely friendly and made sure we got to where I wanted my makeup to be.

On the wedding day, she was on time and completely professional. One of my bridesmaids was on her cell phone answering work calls (yes, I know) while Lanay was trying to do her makeup! I was very impressed with the way Lanay handled it.

My makeup stayed put all day long and I couldn't have been more pleased with the results. Thanks Lanay! You rock! I'll definitely be coming back to you for future big events!

Sent on 10/02/2014

Kristina · Married on 12/28/2013

Lanay did makeup for my wedding for me, my mom, my aunt and my cousin. She did a beautiful job! I was very happy with the way the makeup looked in the pictures. She did the make-up trial on the day we got our engagement photos and I knew that I was going to love the way my photos looked. She was very positive and easy to work with. Lanay is truly an artist!

Sent on 04/05/2014

Klara · Married on 10/08/2013

Everyone gave me compliments for my make-up and Lanay was great to work with. I was very satisfied!

Sent on 10/22/2013

tamara · Married on 08/17/2013

All I can say is WOW. Lanay did an amazing job with my makeup as well as my bridesmaids. My mom hates getting her makeup professionally done and after Lanay was done with her, she didn't want to take it off! Hire Lanay for your wedding/big event and you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 09/19/2013

Jenn · Married on 08/03/2013

We had Lanay do my makeup for my wedding in 2010. This year when my maid of honor got engaged we knew we would use Lanay with out a doubt. Lanay is so fun to work with and does an amazing job. You will feel like a princess and you don't have to worry about touching your makeup all the way through the day and into the night and you barely know your wearing any. We will use Lanay again and again as the rest of my friends find their special someones.

Sent on 09/25/2013

I had been planning my wedding for about 15 months or so, and began to think about details (not that I hadn’t done this but there are so many options I hadn’t finalized anything). I was planning on doing my own make-up for the wedding but thinking further into it I decided not to do this, who wants to stress on their wedding day if something goes wrong? I began searching and came across Lanay. From what I could tell she looked perfect, price was good, location was near me, her portfolio was beautiful, the only scary part was I had never had airbrush make up before. I emailed her around 1130 that night to enquire some further information, I was shocked when within the next hour I would receive a reply. I decided to book her and then did my consultation. During this time she answered all of my questions and I felt so comfortable with her, I was so excited to be having her do my make-up on my wedding day. I tend to get dark circles (everyday ;-)) and was nervous but this consultation put me at ease because you could barely tell they were there! I was so impressed my Mom and Sister too decided to get their makeup done. The wedding day came and Lanay came to us at our hotel, she set her stuff up and began with my mom, then my sister and finally me. We were all so thrilled with the way one other looked with this make-up on, it is so flawless and felt so light. It was a hot day, and the makeup lasted through that, tears, and time. I couldn’t believe how great it still looked after all of that, I really cannot wait for another event where I can have Lanay do my make-up again! Thank you Lanay!

Sent on 08/13/2013

I had my makeup done by Lanay (The Makeup Girl) about a month ago for my wedding and it was by far the best experience I could have imagined! I didn't think finding a makeup person would be that hard, but it was REALLY hard! I did several different trials and was not really WOWed by anyone. I got Lanay's name from a friend and when I met her I knew she was the real deal. On the day of the wedding I prepared nothing in terms of makeup and trusted that Lanay knew what to do to make me look amazing - and that's exactly what she did. I had a total of 10 people getting their makeup done on my wedding day and Lanay was quick and efficient, but we never felt like she was rushing anyone. Everyone loved the airbrush and were really impressed at how great everyone looked...you can definitely tell the difference from regular makeup. The other great part was is was a super hot day and even through sweat and tears, the makeup remained flawless! After the whole day was over my makeup still looked perfect...it was impressive! Overall I would give Lanay 10 stars if I could. She is absolutely the kind of person you want to work with on your wedding day.

Sent on 08/11/2013

Amy · Married on 06/08/2013

I heard from many other brides that they regretted not having their make up professionally done, so I knew this was something I wanted for my wedding. I was fortunate enough to find Lanay by searching for make up artists on-line. Lanay is wonderful! She uses airbrush make up, so the result is flawless skin without looking heavy. I felt like the make up enhanced my features, but did not look artificial or too heavy. It looked amazing in the pictures too. My friends leaving the weddding 8 hours later kept telling me how good my make up still looked. It was so nice not having to do touch ups or reapplying, especially after a few tears during the ceremony. :) Lanay did such a great job with the trial make up run that I didn't need to make any suggestions about colors, etc. but she is very open to working with what each person wants or envisions for their make up. I would highly recommend Lanay for any wedding or special event. She's very talented, but also a very nice person and easy to work with, which every bride needs on their wedding day. Thank you Lanay!!

Sent on 06/24/2013

Ashley · Married on 05/25/2013

Lanay was absolutely fantastic!! Her work is perfection and she even helped with scheduling and planning the day of. Lanay listened intently to my wishes and helped create the vision I was dreaming of for my look, as well as my bridesmaids. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 06/12/2013

Britany · Married on 05/19/2013

Lanay was wonderful! She did a fantastic job on me and all of my bridesmaids. She had quite a job on her hands with me, 7 bridemaids, and 2 Moms. She handled it all with ease and everyone was beyond satisfied. I highly recommend booking Lanay for your special day.

Sent on 08/04/2013

Lanay did an AMAZING job on our wedding makeup (for me, as bride, and my best friend, as Matron of Honor). She understood the look we wanted, executed flawlessly, and with a finish that literally lasted all day, including through tears of joy. My only "regret" is that her studio is too far away for me to have her do my makeup for EVERY night out with my new husband. THANK YOU LANAY!

Sent on 05/13/2013

Angela · Married on 04/20/2013

Lanay was a complete professional and made me look absolutely stuning! She has such a wonderfully calm demeanor on a day that can be very stressful for the bride. She arrived exactly when she said and worked her magic in a matter of minutes for all of us girls in the party! Thank you Lanay for a great job!!

Sent on 05/04/2013

Laney does amazing make-up, it lasts the whole day and comes our amazing in pictures. She does water based airbrushing that is smudge, sweat and water-proof. Which it completely true! Even at the reception after dancing I still looked amazing in the pictures. She does a run-through of the make-up before the wedding day. And on the day she will come to your venue or house, if you can't go to her. She is simply amazing at what she does.

Sent on 04/21/2013

Erin · Married on 03/03/2013

Lanay was amazing! I tried her for my trial run and loved her and the make up! I booked her immediately for my wedding and my entire bridal party, including my mother and husband's mother, who never wear any make up. Lanay's airbrushing technique was not only beautiful but it lasted from the morning all the way through the reception which was over 12 hours! She is such a sweet person to work with and always responded quick and timely. I am so pleased that I have passed on her information and look forward to using her for future events. Many thanks Lanay!!!

Sent on 03/21/2013

Lanay was excellent. Using airbrushed makeup (which lasts long (so long as you dab and not wipe if you end up crying) she achieves whatever look you're trying to accomplish, whether that be a more natural look to something more dramatic. I opted to go more natural looking. She also provides you with lip gloss to reapply throughout the day. I was impressed with her professionalism and flexibility when it came to payment. And she always had prompt responses via email or phone. With her professionalism and expertise her services are worth the price.

Sent on 11/19/2012

Brittany · Married on 11/10/2012

If you want to look stunning on any occassion, Lanay is the lady to talk too. She did my makeup and my mother makeup for my wedding and it was perfect. My mother is an idendical twin and it is crazy when you see picture of them at the wedding. My mother looks so much better, I was so shocked when I saw the closeups! Love, love, love Lanay!

Sent on 11/21/2012

Rochelle · Married on 09/22/2012

Lanay was awesome! She did mine and my mom's make up on the day of my wedding. She did my make up exactly how I described, and it lasted all night long without having to touch up. I loved it and I would use her again.

Sent on 10/03/2012

Brittney · Married on 09/08/2012

Lanay did an amazing job getting me pretty for my wedding day! She listened carefully to the look that I wanted, and she executed it perfectly! Lanay was also very calming and helped out when scheduling conflicts occured on the big day. I loved the experience entirely.

Sent on 10/05/2012

Alexis · Married on 08/14/2012

Lanay was excellent every step of the way. The initial consultation was relaxed and professional, and although I was not completely satisfied with the first look (the style, not the quality), Lanay listened carefully to each change I wanted to make for my wedding day. On the day of the wedding she was on time, calm, and cheerful. Her demeanor put me at ease, and she confirmed exactly what I wanted before she began. The look that Lanay gave me was exactly what I wanted-I was so grateful that I looked like a more enhanced version of myself-natural, but dramatic enough for pictures. I would hands-down recommend Lanay to any future bride!!

Sent on 10/03/2012

Lanay was professional, gracious, and prompt. Her demeanor was friendly and calm, which was so important to me the morning of my daughter's wedding! I highly recommend her air brush make-up services.

Sent on 10/04/2012

Lanay did the airbrush makeup for me and my bridesmaids. She did a wonderful job and everyone loved it. Lanay is very personable and comfortable to work with. I would definetely use her again.

Sent on 08/06/2012