The Makery Cake Company Reviews

The Makery Cake Company 5
The Makery Cake Company 6
The Makery Cake Company 7

Tony · Married on 06/16/2007

The Best tasting, most beautiful cake I have ever seen! They were so easy to work with and they even made us a complimentary 1 year anniversary tear!!

Sent on 07/09/2008
  • F

Becky · Married on 05/24/2007

We adore the Makery! Our cake was a work of art and was well photographed at the wedding. There was not a single slice leftover because it was such a hit (I didn't even get any!). I work for a wedding planner and I have seen and tasted a lot of wedding cakes. The Makery is the best value around and Desiree is a very talented sugar artist. She worked with us get exactly what we wanted even though some details were not on the options list. Thanks Desiree!!! I HIGHLY recommend the Makery for ALL your bakery needs, especially wedding cakes!

Sent on 03/07/2008

Lyndsey · Married on 10/08/2016

This place. So good. Customer service was excellent. Cake was absolutely delicious. They even make you a honeymoon cake (no charge!) for after the wedding, in case you don't get a chance to eat your fill the day of! We are very satisfied customers!

Sent on 12/10/2016

There was a time or two that I wasn't able to get ahold of someone. But other than that, nearly flawless!

Sent on 12/21/2012

Staci-Lyn · Married on 08/04/2012

We chose the Makery after trying their delicious cake and experiencing their flexibility in our first consultation. They helped us to create the perfect creation for our Big Day! They were very patient and willing to work out every detail. We got many compliments on how good the cake tasted and we were very pleased with the design of the cake. Great place!

Sent on 08/18/2012

Haley · Married on 05/03/2008

delicious and beautiful! easy to work with! Free small cake on your 1 year anniversary, freshly made!

Sent on 02/10/2009

Ann · Married on 05/14/2016

Very easy to work with. My wedding cake was beautiful and a lot of people complimented it. It also tasted very good! The complimentary honeymoon cake is such a nice touch and we enjoyed it very much.

Sent on 05/31/2016

The Makery Cake Company's reply:

Thanks so much, Ann! We love working with you as well.

Kayla · Married on 05/18/2013

Loved our cake design and flavor from the Makery! They provide free cake tastings every Sunday and a free consultation as well. The best part was they not only provide a cake on your 1 year anniversary but also a cake to have after the wedding. They understand most brides and grooms do not get a full piece of cake at their reception.

Sent on 07/30/2013

Martina · Married on 03/17/2012

I had hired a bakery who at the Last Minute closed Its business. That And Weddingwire are how I found the Makery.
    Although they Did Not carry the flavors I had previously picked out with bakery number One, they Made it! I found that everytime I have gone in for a cake (Did I mention this is my go to bakery now?) They have a CAN DO/WILL DO attitude.

Sent on 09/11/2013

Lenore · Married on 09/01/2011

We special ordered a race-themed cake for our wedding at a drag race track. The Makery did a great job, making a 3-tier black-and-white checkered cake just as we had requested. It looked great, and we got many compliments on not only how it looked but how it tasted. Their cake flavors are amazing! I am not usually a frosting fan, but their buttercream frosting is to die for! They had no problem delivering the cake to the racetrack on a 99 degree day, and were there even a bit earlier than we expected (which is good!). The only downside I can think of, is that they are a bit pricier than most other cake places, however, considering their quality of cake and excellent service, I can understand why, and thats why we didn't mind spending a bit extra. I love that we get a little anniversary cake after 1 year. Highly recommended!

Sent on 07/17/2012

Rachel · Married on 05/22/2010

My cake was PERFECT. The Makery did a wonderful job! They made suggestions on the design that fit perfectly with my taste, arrived right on time, and the cake was amazing. All my guests raved about how delicious the cake was!

I also love the way they do the sweetheart cake and the anniversary cake. They make you a sweetheart cake in case you don't get some of the real cake at the wedding, and then you can just call at your one year anniversary to have your anniversary cake made... it's so easy!

The value was also incredible! For the job they did, I would have paid double!

Sent on 06/09/2010

Pita · Married on 01/11/2009

The Makery made us a delicious cake.We had no problems picking out flavors, or getting the cake delivered, and the decorating they did for us was beautiful.It was a big hit,we got many compliments.We are definitely going back for our one year anniversary cake.

Sent on 05/20/2009
  • Ally

Ally · Married on 12/31/2017

Great Gluten Free option!! Everyone loved it!

Sent on 01/21/2018

Jazmyn · Married on 09/02/2017

Dez and her team are great! After tasting TERRIBLE wedding cake from the vendor included with our venue The Makery came to the rescue. This is a bakery focused on working with their clients, not against them. My husband and I were delighted to received TWO sample boxes of their tasty cake assortments and Dez squeezed us in for a quick consultation since we were flying out the next day. Her team created two custom flavor options for us (a request the other bakery refused to do) and we decided to go with one, though both were great. The honeymoon cake (with our custom flavor) was such a nice touch. We couldn't wait for the one-year mark because we wanted to eat it again ASAP. :-)

Everyone loved the cake and we loved our custom flavor so much we used it again for a birthday cake for my mom. Oh yea, that cake was 10% off since we were still within one year of our wedding. You will NOT be disappointed with The Makery.

Sent on 06/16/2018

Jessica · Married on 06/21/2014

3.5

We loved working with Dez. She is an absolute cake artist. Our cake was so good and we especially loved the small cake we got to take home on the night of the wedding since we just got the bite we fed each other. Yum!! Looking forward to our anniversary cake.

Sent on 06/29/2014

Sarah · Married on 04/05/2014

My cake was beautiful and so delicious! And they gave us an extra cake to take home :)

Sent on 05/30/2014

Incredible cake! As an avid cake-lover, this was a really important piece of our wedding reception. The flavor was amazing, the design was beautiful, and the price couldn't be beat. We paid about $650 for a cake that fed about 130 people--and I just love how it turned out!

Sent on 06/25/2013

porsha · Married on 05/18/2013

They are very flexible and underling of a budget conscience bride. Love the fact that we got a sweet heart cake to eat in the room.

Sent on 05/20/2013
  • kimmyk

Kimberly · Married on 09/19/2009

3.5

We went to so many bakery's to taste the perfect wedding cake. It was hard because they are all so yummy! The Makery had outstanding service. It was a little pricy, but they had such wonderful service we decided to go with them. I would recommed the Makery. I can't wait for my 1st anniversary, they will make aus a free 6" cake.

Sent on 05/03/2010
  • User7391692 · 1+ year ago

The Makery does great cakes. Their cake tasting on Sunday afternoons are very convenient and helpful!

Sent on 12/20/2016

Our Cake was absolutely fantastic. Exactly what we decided on and it looked so delicious cutting it up and serving it was almost painful!

Sent on 11/12/2014

Robyn · Married on 05/27/2012

The Makery provided us with the most tasty wedding cake ever! My one bit of negative feedback is that we ordered strawberry filling, and I think we got raspberry. It also arrived a little later than our scheduled delivery time to our venue. Either way, those are small details and the cake was GREAT. Beautifully decorated and stayed moist for days after (when we were still eating it for dessert!). I can't wait for our anniversary cake!

Sent on 06/13/2012

Many options and can customize to your preference.

Sent on 12/09/2016
  • Kyla

Kyla · Married on 08/25/2012

The Makery had free tastings every Sunday which made it possible for me to try cake, and try again, before I needed to make my decision. The cake they make is from scratch and delicious! Even my groom, who hates dessert of any kind, had a couple pieces! They worked with me down to the smallest detail and everything was just perfect on my wedding day. Not only was the cake perfect, but they delivered a "Sweetheart Cake" to my hotel room that night so my new hubby and I could enjoy it together! And no need to worry about saving the top layer of the cake and eating old cake a year later- an Anniversary cake is included in the pricing and they will make you a fresh one on yuor anniversary. Looking forward to mine!

Sent on 09/11/2012

Alison · Married on 06/14/2008

4.2
      3.5

Very flexible in allowing you to design your own cake. The cake was great.. both in presentation and in taste!

Sent on 06/27/2008